I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 88,682 photos, 4,921 members
- Bretagne sans pareil 94,294 photos, 3,962 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 82 photos, 13 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,872 members
- 101 Cookbooks 548 photos, 628 members
- Statsr 23 photos, 201 members
- Ampersandland 931 photos, 388 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,728 photos, 597 members
- Canadian Rockies 29,138 photos, 2,024 members
- Banff National Park 9,939 photos, 1,274 members
- Mandarin peelings 77 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 23,185 photos, 2,168 members
- Flickr API 804 photos, 14,082 members
- G'MIC 3,826 photos, 624 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 266,277 photos, 7,920 members
- National Parks of Canada 21,792 photos, 1,826 members
- Alberta 77,293 photos, 1,579 members
- Amazing Alberta 66,596 photos, 1,873 members
- Handheld Panoramas 7,795 photos, 406 members
- HDR Equirectangular 446 photos, 63 members
- Hugin Users Group 13,006 photos, 1,439 members
- Big Heads 43 photos, 30 members
- Sunflow 908 photos, 126 members
- Structure Synth 1,286 photos, 324 members
- Vedutismo 307 photos, 41 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 6,966 photos, 382 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 9 photos, 91 members
- Polyhedra 2,566 photos, 158 members
- Atlanta 44,552 photos, 3,665 members
- Stereophotography 48,331 photos, 2,396 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 26,442 photos, 975 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 67,175 photos, 3,497 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 2,397 photos, 116 members
- Arithmancy 2,877 photos, 214 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 615,324 photos, 26,810 members
- povray 1,066 photos, 103 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,196,825 photos, 76,522 members
- Macro Viewers 107,204 photos, 4,942 members
- Get Your Geek On! 15,864 photos, 989 members
- Math World 5,052 photos, 1,025 members
- Germany, Deutschland 236,873 photos, 4,255 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 207,618 photos, 7,121 members
- Hessen 34,747 photos, 912 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 1,623 photos, 638 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 329,085 photos, 19,505 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 503,615 photos, 20,204 members
- Frankfurt Photos 42,396 photos, 2,488 members
- Foldables 647 photos, 67 members
- Stereographic Projections 9,480 photos, 1,180 members
- Paris 360° Panoramas 653 photos, 78 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
17th October, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
4th December, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
4th November, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
1st November, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
31st October, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog