I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 117,335 photos, 5,266 members
- Art of the Maze 716 photos, 68 members
- Bretagne sans pareil 109,190 photos, 5,017 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 85 photos, 14 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,924 members
- 101 Cookbooks 537 photos, 622 members
- Statsr 24 photos, 223 members
- Ampersandland 967 photos, 396 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,787 photos, 614 members
- Canadian Rockies 36,408 photos, 2,376 members
- Banff National Park 11,902 photos, 1,577 members
- Mandarin peelings 93 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 42,754 photos, 2,492 members
- Flickr API 797 photos, 16,234 members
- G'MIC 6,176 photos, 809 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 377,454 photos, 9,684 members
- National Parks of Canada 29,016 photos, 2,289 members
- Alberta 96,464 photos, 1,760 members
- Amazing Alberta 80,977 photos, 2,072 members
- Handheld Panoramas 8,516 photos, 431 members
- HDR Equirectangular 466 photos, 67 members
- Hugin Users Group 15,821 photos, 1,562 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 920 photos, 130 members
- Structure Synth 1,355 photos, 354 members
- Vedutismo 339 photos, 42 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 8,924 photos, 477 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 9 photos, 92 members
- Polyhedra 3,603 photos, 186 members
- Atlanta 48,862 photos, 3,845 members
- Stereophotography 55,181 photos, 2,504 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 32,005 photos, 1,022 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 75,682 photos, 3,681 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 2,936 photos, 171 members
- Arithmancy 3,253 photos, 245 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,172,368 photos, 41,596 members
- povray 1,655 photos, 111 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,634,454 photos, 83,119 members
- Macro Viewers 135,106 photos, 5,834 members
- Get Your Geek On! 15,990 photos, 982 members
- Math World 5,709 photos, 1,063 members
- Germany, Deutschland 325,318 photos, 5,345 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 296,894 photos, 9,049 members
- Hessen 46,376 photos, 1,195 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 1,606 photos, 658 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 408,341 photos, 20,901 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 889,089 photos, 27,435 members
- Frankfurt Photos 52,275 photos, 2,956 members
- Foldables 727 photos, 67 members
- Stereographic Projections 10,187 photos, 1,274 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog