I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 127,949 photos, 5,272 members
- Art of the Maze 740 photos, 71 members
- Bretagne sans pareil en couleur et de haute qualité 115,152 photos, 5,170 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 85 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,969 members
- 101 Cookbooks 536 photos, 624 members
- Statsr 23 photos, 236 members
- Ampersandland 971 photos, 390 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,778 photos, 619 members
- Canadian Rockies 39,919 photos, 2,544 members
- Banff National Park 13,025 photos, 1,718 members
- Mandarin peelings 93 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 55,441 photos, 2,636 members
- Flickr API 783 photos, 17,329 members
- G'MIC 7,594 photos, 862 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 429,131 photos, 10,270 members
- National Parks of Canada 33,784 photos, 2,514 members
- Alberta 107,298 photos, 1,829 members
- Amazing Alberta 87,051 photos, 2,134 members
- Handheld Panoramas 8,922 photos, 452 members
- HDR Equirectangular 510 photos, 80 members
- Hugin Users Group 17,019 photos, 1,616 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 921 photos, 132 members
- Structure Synth 1,282 photos, 374 members
- Vedutismo 373 photos, 42 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 10,088 photos, 523 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 9 photos, 91 members
- Polyhedra 4,240 photos, 202 members
- Atlanta 50,393 photos, 3,931 members
- Stereophotography 58,636 photos, 2,552 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 34,923 photos, 1,047 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 78,293 photos, 3,732 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 3,287 photos, 214 members
- Arithmancy 3,592 photos, 255 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,572,783 photos, 49,833 members
- povray 1,860 photos, 112 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,856,531 photos, 85,323 members
- Macro Viewers 155,466 photos, 6,352 members
- Get Your Geek On! 16,116 photos, 988 members
- Math World 6,115 photos, 1,077 members
- Germany, Deutschland 385,140 photos, 5,895 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 349,871 photos, 9,840 members
- Hessen 51,113 photos, 1,251 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 2,244 photos, 714 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 456,841 photos, 21,289 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,087,751 photos, 29,778 members
- Frankfurt Photos 57,319 photos, 3,139 members
- Foldables 732 photos, 68 members
- Stereographic Projections 10,603 photos, 1,311 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog