I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 105,280 photos, 5,205 members
- Art of the Maze 705 photos, 68 members
- Bretagne sans pareil 101,152 photos, 4,503 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 86 photos, 14 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,902 members
- 101 Cookbooks 542 photos, 626 members
- Statsr 23 photos, 213 members
- Ampersandland 947 photos, 394 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,775 photos, 609 members
- Canadian Rockies 32,839 photos, 2,184 members
- Banff National Park 10,914 photos, 1,422 members
- Mandarin peelings 77 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 32,122 photos, 2,341 members
- Flickr API 804 photos, 15,002 members
- G'MIC 4,994 photos, 743 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 323,088 photos, 8,976 members
- National Parks of Canada 25,432 photos, 2,054 members
- Alberta 86,478 photos, 1,659 members
- Amazing Alberta 74,320 photos, 1,997 members
- Handheld Panoramas 8,141 photos, 411 members
- HDR Equirectangular 450 photos, 64 members
- Hugin Users Group 14,695 photos, 1,518 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 913 photos, 129 members
- Structure Synth 1,354 photos, 340 members
- Vedutismo 324 photos, 41 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 8,288 photos, 435 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 10 photos, 91 members
- Polyhedra 3,191 photos, 173 members
- Atlanta 46,617 photos, 3,762 members
- Stereophotography 52,132 photos, 2,456 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 29,298 photos, 996 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 71,384 photos, 3,591 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 2,590 photos, 127 members
- Arithmancy 3,091 photos, 231 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 846,287 photos, 30,759 members
- povray 1,464 photos, 103 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,427,731 photos, 80,409 members
- Macro Viewers 119,921 photos, 5,364 members
- Get Your Geek On! 16,076 photos, 990 members
- Math World 5,363 photos, 1,044 members
- Germany, Deutschland 276,758 photos, 4,788 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 252,483 photos, 8,262 members
- Hessen 42,164 photos, 1,050 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 1,602 photos, 646 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 365,900 photos, 20,375 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 704,797 photos, 24,641 members
- Frankfurt Photos 47,922 photos, 2,745 members
- Foldables 703 photos, 67 members
- Stereographic Projections 9,738 photos, 1,229 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog