I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 109,432 photos, 5,236 members
- Art of the Maze 715 photos, 68 members
- Bretagne sans pareil 103,646 photos, 4,654 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 86 photos, 14 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,877 members
- 101 Cookbooks 537 photos, 625 members
- Statsr 24 photos, 220 members
- Ampersandland 947 photos, 394 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,781 photos, 613 members
- Canadian Rockies 33,555 photos, 2,215 members
- Banff National Park 11,158 photos, 1,452 members
- Mandarin peelings 92 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 35,527 photos, 2,388 members
- Flickr API 802 photos, 15,385 members
- G'MIC 5,440 photos, 770 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 337,638 photos, 9,183 members
- National Parks of Canada 26,145 photos, 2,108 members
- Alberta 89,065 photos, 1,677 members
- Amazing Alberta 76,320 photos, 2,013 members
- Handheld Panoramas 8,200 photos, 416 members
- HDR Equirectangular 456 photos, 64 members
- Hugin Users Group 15,014 photos, 1,535 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 32 members
- Sunflow 915 photos, 130 members
- Structure Synth 1,380 photos, 340 members
- Vedutismo 325 photos, 41 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 8,378 photos, 447 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 9 photos, 92 members
- Polyhedra 3,355 photos, 175 members
- Atlanta 47,191 photos, 3,787 members
- Stereophotography 53,017 photos, 2,466 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 29,834 photos, 1,006 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 72,469 photos, 3,616 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 2,623 photos, 134 members
- Arithmancy 3,177 photos, 233 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 929,905 photos, 34,344 members
- povray 1,563 photos, 109 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,492,770 photos, 81,303 members
- Macro Viewers 123,920 photos, 5,492 members
- Get Your Geek On! 15,956 photos, 985 members
- Math World 5,524 photos, 1,051 members
- Germany, Deutschland 290,392 photos, 4,953 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 266,724 photos, 8,516 members
- Hessen 42,333 photos, 1,087 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 1,565 photos, 650 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 379,270 photos, 20,519 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 761,685 photos, 25,681 members
- Frankfurt Photos 49,207 photos, 2,809 members
- Foldables 714 photos, 67 members
- Stereographic Projections 9,882 photos, 1,241 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog