I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 125,566 photos, 5,279 members
- Art of the Maze 738 photos, 70 members
- Bretagne sans pareil en couleur et de haute qualité 113,522 photos, 5,114 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 85 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,950 members
- 101 Cookbooks 536 photos, 624 members
- Statsr 24 photos, 233 members
- Ampersandland 968 photos, 392 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,785 photos, 618 members
- Canadian Rockies 38,828 photos, 2,487 members
- Banff National Park 12,790 photos, 1,673 members
- Mandarin peelings 93 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 52,273 photos, 2,600 members
- Flickr API 785 photos, 17,103 members
- G'MIC 7,289 photos, 847 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 413,156 photos, 10,093 members
- National Parks of Canada 32,650 photos, 2,432 members
- Alberta 104,488 photos, 1,810 members
- Amazing Alberta 85,712 photos, 2,111 members
- Handheld Panoramas 8,786 photos, 452 members
- HDR Equirectangular 502 photos, 76 members
- Hugin Users Group 16,692 photos, 1,603 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 921 photos, 132 members
- Structure Synth 1,480 photos, 372 members
- Vedutismo 367 photos, 42 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 9,954 photos, 512 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 9 photos, 92 members
- Polyhedra 4,069 photos, 199 members
- Atlanta 49,999 photos, 3,917 members
- Stereophotography 57,573 photos, 2,543 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 34,173 photos, 1,043 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 77,568 photos, 3,721 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 3,208 photos, 205 members
- Arithmancy 3,460 photos, 255 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,463,902 photos, 48,298 members
- povray 1,827 photos, 111 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,801,488 photos, 84,856 members
- Macro Viewers 149,466 photos, 6,237 members
- Get Your Geek On! 16,129 photos, 989 members
- Math World 6,014 photos, 1,077 members
- Germany, Deutschland 369,098 photos, 5,766 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 335,671 photos, 9,642 members
- Hessen 50,935 photos, 1,235 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 2,158 photos, 699 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 444,702 photos, 21,244 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,037,189 photos, 29,191 members
- Frankfurt Photos 56,044 photos, 3,099 members
- Foldables 734 photos, 68 members
- Stereographic Projections 10,519 photos, 1,302 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog