I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 128,633 photos, 5,272 members
- Art of the Maze 743 photos, 71 members
- Bretagne sans pareil en couleur et de haute qualité 114,841 photos, 5,195 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 85 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,963 members
- 101 Cookbooks 536 photos, 623 members
- Statsr 23 photos, 237 members
- Ampersandland 969 photos, 390 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,777 photos, 619 members
- Canadian Rockies 40,393 photos, 2,580 members
- Banff National Park 13,203 photos, 1,750 members
- Mandarin peelings 93 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 57,705 photos, 2,652 members
- Flickr API 783 photos, 17,455 members
- G'MIC 7,824 photos, 871 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 437,622 photos, 10,359 members
- National Parks of Canada 35,097 photos, 2,564 members
- Alberta 108,485 photos, 1,842 members
- Amazing Alberta 87,720 photos, 2,147 members
- Handheld Panoramas 9,005 photos, 456 members
- HDR Equirectangular 518 photos, 82 members
- Hugin Users Group 17,179 photos, 1,625 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 921 photos, 132 members
- Structure Synth 1,286 photos, 374 members
- Vedutismo 380 photos, 42 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 10,121 photos, 530 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 9 photos, 91 members
- Polyhedra 4,363 photos, 202 members
- Atlanta 50,585 photos, 3,937 members
- Stereophotography 59,013 photos, 2,559 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 35,214 photos, 1,050 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 78,701 photos, 3,739 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 3,409 photos, 223 members
- Arithmancy 3,689 photos, 256 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,630,898 photos, 50,643 members
- povray 1,897 photos, 112 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,886,159 photos, 85,746 members
- Macro Viewers 157,960 photos, 6,395 members
- Get Your Geek On! 16,126 photos, 988 members
- Math World 6,170 photos, 1,081 members
- Germany, Deutschland 394,376 photos, 5,963 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 357,539 photos, 9,929 members
- Hessen 51,721 photos, 1,260 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 2,365 photos, 728 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 463,168 photos, 21,327 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,116,738 photos, 30,238 members
- Frankfurt Photos 57,742 photos, 3,163 members
- Foldables 1,247 photos, 68 members
- Stereographic Projections 10,627 photos, 1,317 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog