I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 112,309 photos, 5,260 members
- Art of the Maze 718 photos, 67 members
- Bretagne sans pareil 105,717 photos, 4,804 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 86 photos, 14 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,904 members
- 101 Cookbooks 537 photos, 625 members
- Statsr 24 photos, 222 members
- Ampersandland 950 photos, 394 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,779 photos, 613 members
- Canadian Rockies 34,282 photos, 2,269 members
- Banff National Park 11,341 photos, 1,482 members
- Mandarin peelings 93 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 38,244 photos, 2,422 members
- Flickr API 800 photos, 15,747 members
- G'MIC 5,694 photos, 791 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 351,164 photos, 9,380 members
- National Parks of Canada 26,871 photos, 2,171 members
- Alberta 92,050 photos, 1,710 members
- Amazing Alberta 78,192 photos, 2,037 members
- Handheld Panoramas 8,346 photos, 424 members
- HDR Equirectangular 459 photos, 64 members
- Hugin Users Group 15,326 photos, 1,547 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 918 photos, 130 members
- Structure Synth 1,400 photos, 349 members
- Vedutismo 328 photos, 41 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 8,607 photos, 459 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 9 photos, 92 members
- Polyhedra 3,443 photos, 180 members
- Atlanta 47,744 photos, 3,804 members
- Stereophotography 53,802 photos, 2,483 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 30,587 photos, 1,012 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 73,707 photos, 3,646 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 2,702 photos, 149 members
- Arithmancy 3,200 photos, 238 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,009,269 photos, 37,223 members
- povray 1,625 photos, 111 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,544,600 photos, 82,022 members
- Macro Viewers 128,090 photos, 5,625 members
- Get Your Geek On! 15,972 photos, 984 members
- Math World 5,599 photos, 1,056 members
- Germany, Deutschland 303,228 photos, 5,112 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 277,502 photos, 8,712 members
- Hessen 43,712 photos, 1,123 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 1,565 photos, 654 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 389,717 photos, 20,657 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 807,430 photos, 26,299 members
- Frankfurt Photos 50,256 photos, 2,868 members
- Foldables 720 photos, 67 members
- Stereographic Projections 9,997 photos, 1,251 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog