I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 126,389 photos, 5,277 members
- Art of the Maze 738 photos, 70 members
- Bretagne sans pareil en couleur et de haute qualité 114,765 photos, 5,142 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 85 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,962 members
- 101 Cookbooks 536 photos, 623 members
- Statsr 24 photos, 233 members
- Ampersandland 968 photos, 391 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,780 photos, 619 members
- Canadian Rockies 39,209 photos, 2,506 members
- Banff National Park 12,872 photos, 1,683 members
- Mandarin peelings 93 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 53,420 photos, 2,610 members
- Flickr API 785 photos, 17,203 members
- G'MIC 7,387 photos, 856 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 419,642 photos, 10,161 members
- National Parks of Canada 32,951 photos, 2,459 members
- Alberta 105,509 photos, 1,819 members
- Amazing Alberta 86,350 photos, 2,125 members
- Handheld Panoramas 8,849 photos, 453 members
- HDR Equirectangular 508 photos, 78 members
- Hugin Users Group 16,774 photos, 1,607 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 921 photos, 131 members
- Structure Synth 1,276 photos, 372 members
- Vedutismo 368 photos, 42 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 10,063 photos, 518 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 9 photos, 92 members
- Polyhedra 4,182 photos, 200 members
- Atlanta 50,185 photos, 3,930 members
- Stereophotography 58,071 photos, 2,548 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 34,505 photos, 1,046 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 77,869 photos, 3,727 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 3,256 photos, 209 members
- Arithmancy 3,507 photos, 255 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,507,297 photos, 49,023 members
- povray 1,836 photos, 112 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,822,517 photos, 85,029 members
- Macro Viewers 152,222 photos, 6,288 members
- Get Your Geek On! 16,139 photos, 989 members
- Math World 6,043 photos, 1,077 members
- Germany, Deutschland 375,416 photos, 5,821 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 341,199 photos, 9,739 members
- Hessen 50,541 photos, 1,251 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 2,217 photos, 706 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 449,744 photos, 21,258 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,057,090 photos, 29,395 members
- Frankfurt Photos 56,512 photos, 3,116 members
- Foldables 744 photos, 68 members
- Stereographic Projections 10,561 photos, 1,307 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog