I hope you enjoy this stream of modest photos produced by yet another amateur photographer in Australia who takes their photography seriously.
More specifically, I'm one trying to re-connect with the roots or rhizome of the Lettrist International and psychogeography and the New Topographics
I link these rhizomatic traditions by walking with two standard poodles in Adelaide and South Australia. This way of exploring the city's different layers, the particularities of its places, with a sense that all this history is being continually erased through economic "progress" reach's back to Atget’s city and his photographs of old Paris.
Originally from Christchurch, in the South Island of New Zealand, I lived and worked in Wellington and Auckland for some years as an economist before coming to Adelaide via Melbourne, to study philosophy and visual art at Flinders University.
I had a studio in Bowden and I did a lot of black and white photography with large format cameras. I gave photography away when I gave up the studio and its darkroom, after buying a small cottage in the south-east corner of Adelaide. and becoming a policy wonk.
I slowly came back to photography only to discover that film was too expensive after photography's epochal shift to digital. Acquiring a digital camera was the circuit breaker for my return to being a photographer. I then, to my surprise, started shooting in film.
The sets in the visual narrative collection are a small gallery of work in formation. When they evolve into a more substantial body of work, will be moved to a gallery on the thoughtfactory website. The body of work under projects will take the form of e-books.
I initially set up my Flickr account as an outgrowth of my blogging at Junk for Code about our visual culture, including photography. My photoblog- is Rhizomes1. My more personal blog about photography is poodlewalks.
I became part of the Altfotonet group on Flickr and help to write the group's blog.
My photostream on flickeflu
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook
My contacts favourites
- Adelaide buildings 718 photos, 15 members
- Melbourne's West [Metro Only] 3,033 photos, 372 members
- Australian New Topographics 506 photos, 23 members
- secret New Zealand 17,445 photos, 284 members
- Wellington, New Zealand 49,119 photos, 2,101 members
- Epson V700 39,018 photos, 1,695 members
- MSM Inc: UNSENSORED14 55 photos, 66 members
- Graphic Architecture 68,601 photos, 2,905 members
- Creative Street Photography 7,765 photos, 797 members
- A Sense of Place 74,729 photos, 982 members
- Art of Urbex 163,890 photos, 4,594 members
- Vale (former) Melbourne Convention Centre 68 photos, 15 members
- 4 x 5 Sheet Film 6,366 photos, 310 members
- Rolleiflex SL66 TILT ! 4,235 photos, 519 members
- gondwana and laurasia rocks, rock! 159 photos, 6 members
- Schneiderholics Anonymous 103 photos, 18 members
- Regional Rail Link 66 photos, 14 members
- Street Photography : Visual distortion (the key element) 74 photos, 18 members
- morphett street bridge + topham mall 55 photos, 12 members
- Dark_Table 42 photos, 9 members
- film.landscapes 396 photos, 443 members
- Analog Memory 18,554 photos, 343 members
- Nature Beings (Moderated) 88 photos, 36 members
- Alt Adelaide 1,411 photos, 50 members
- Urban Alt 98,122 photos, 2,863 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 66,528 photos, 6,027 members
- ALT_MELB [VIC] 1,229 photos, 33 members
- South Australian Seascapes and Shorelines 1,978 photos, 131 members
- Fuji Provia 100F (RDP III) 13,033 photos, 1,973 members
- UNSENSORED12 - Thanks all! 55 photos, 48 members
- SA in black & white 1,175 photos, 40 members
- Adelaide Street Photography 1,873 photos, 194 members
- Silence: As Precise as the Picture (B&W - light toning allowed) 648 photos, 40 members
- NEX-7 11,097 photos, 389 members
- Sony NEX-7 and Leica, Voigtlander and Zeiss lenses 3,127 photos, 228 members
- Sony NEX-7 24,540 photos, 847 members
- Good photo,good details (Film preferred) 136,493 photos, 2,091 members
- Rundle Mall Adelaide 329 photos, 35 members
- 6x6 Landscapes & Cityscapes On Film 7,242 photos, 523 members
- sedge808's faves 9,365 photos, 276 members
- Goolwa Digital Imaging Group 260 photos, 12 members
- Rollei 6000 / SLX system 2,002 photos, 213 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 25,665 photos, 1,649 members
- Brutalist architecture in Australia 348 photos, 33 members
- 500x500 311,000 photos, 7,596 members
- Rollei 6008 2,025 photos, 218 members
- ARchiTeCTureE アーキテクチャ aRcHiteTurA 4,048 photos, 91 members
- MSM Inc. Out Of Town 1,217 photos, 90 members
- UNSENSORED11 122 photos, 45 members
- HP5+ 32,259 photos, 3,048 members
thoughtfactory doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Gary Sauer-Thompson
- November 2007
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Adelaide, South Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- ex-policy wonk