I hope you enjoy this stream of modest photos produced by yet another amateur photographer in Australia who takes their photography seriously.
More specifically, I'm one trying to re-connect with the roots or rhizome of the Lettrist International and psychogeography and the New Topographics
I link these rhizomatic traditions by walking with two standard poodles in Adelaide and South Australia. This way of exploring the city's different layers, the particularities of its places, with a sense that all this history is being continually erased through economic "progress" reach's back to Atget’s city and his photographs of old Paris.
Originally from Christchurch, in the South Island of New Zealand, I lived and worked in Wellington and Auckland for some years as an economist before coming to Adelaide via Melbourne, to study philosophy and visual art at Flinders University.
I had a studio in Bowden and I did a lot of black and white photography with large format cameras. I gave photography away when I gave up the studio and its darkroom, after buying a small cottage in the south-east corner of Adelaide. and becoming a policy wonk.
I slowly came back to photography only to discover that film was too expensive after photography's epochal shift to digital. Acquiring a digital camera was the circuit breaker for my return to being a photographer. I then, to my surprise, started shooting in film.
The sets in the visual narrative collection are a small gallery of work in formation. When they evolve into a more substantial body of work, will be moved to a gallery on the thoughtfactory website. The body of work under projects will take the form of e-books.
I initially set up my Flickr account as an outgrowth of my blogging at Junk for Code about our visual culture, including photography. My photoblog- is Rhizomes1. My more personal blog about photography is poodlewalks.
I became part of the Altfotonet group on Flickr and help to write the group's blog.
My photostream on flickeflu
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook
My contacts favourites
- Sony A7, A7II, A7R, A7RII with Leica, Zeiss, Voigtlander M-mount 20,998 photos, 1,315 members
- Adelaide buildings 889 photos, 22 members
- Melbourne's West [Metro Only] 3,137 photos, 367 members
- Australian & New Zealand New Topographics 1,397 photos, 44 members
- secret New Zealand 19,183 photos, 291 members
- Wellington, New Zealand 49,801 photos, 2,114 members
- Epson V700 41,495 photos, 1,722 members
- MSM Inc: UNSENSORED14 55 photos, 62 members
- Graphic Architecture 78,003 photos, 3,096 members
- Creative Street Photography 9,617 photos, 857 members
- A Sense of Place 83,398 photos, 1,066 members
- Art of Urbex 176,356 photos, 4,911 members
- a collection 14,762 photos, 535 members
- Vale (former) Melbourne Convention Centre 67 photos, 15 members
- 4 x 5 Sheet Film 6,232 photos, 337 members
- Rolleiflex SL66 TILT ! 4,447 photos, 578 members
- gondwana and laurasia rocks, rock! 159 photos, 6 members
- Schneiderholics Anonymous 118 photos, 22 members
- Regional Rail Link 58 photos, 15 members
- Street Photography : Visual distortion (the key element) 73 photos, 18 members
- morphett street bridge + topham mall 56 photos, 13 members
- Dark_Table 42 photos, 9 members
- film.landscapes 389 photos, 495 members
- Analog Memory 19,430 photos, 356 members
- Nature Beings (Moderated) 77 photos, 37 members
- Alt Adelaide + South Australia 1,510 photos, 52 members
- Urban Alt 106,877 photos, 3,024 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 72,333 photos, 6,657 members
- ALT_MELB [VIC] 1,519 photos, 36 members
- South Australian Seascapes and Shorelines 2,359 photos, 142 members
- Fuji Provia 100F (RDP III) 15,215 photos, 2,314 members
- UNSENSORED12 - Thanks all! 55 photos, 45 members
- SA in black & white 1,243 photos, 40 members
- Adelaide Street Photography 1,950 photos, 213 members
- Silence: As Precise as the Picture (B&W - light toning allowed) 630 photos, 40 members
- NEX-7 11,024 photos, 393 members
- Sony NEX-7 and Leica, Voigtlander and Zeiss lenses 3,084 photos, 231 members
- Sony NEX-7 23,407 photos, 875 members
- Good photo,good details (Film preferred) 144,122 photos, 2,125 members
- Rundle Mall Adelaide 361 photos, 34 members
- 6x6 Landscapes & Cityscapes On Film 7,122 photos, 538 members
- sedge808's faves 11,204 photos, 303 members
- Goolwa Digital Imaging Group 267 photos, 12 members
- Rollei 6000 / SLX system 2,193 photos, 242 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 27,970 photos, 1,792 members
- Brutalist architecture in Australia 356 photos, 45 members
- 500x500 306,309 photos, 7,511 members
- Rollei 6008 2,280 photos, 243 members
- ARchiTeCTureE アーキテクチャ aRcHiteTurA 4,777 photos, 96 members
- MSM Inc. Out Of Town 1,360 photos, 87 members
thoughtfactory doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Gary Sauer-Thompson
- November 2007
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Victor Harbor, South Australia, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- photographer and blogger