I hope you enjoy this stream of modest photos produced by yet another amateur photographer in Australia who takes their photography seriously.
More specifically, I'm one trying to re-connect with the roots or rhizome of the Lettrist International and psychogeography and the New Topographics
I link these rhizomatic traditions by walking with two standard poodles in Adelaide and South Australia. This way of exploring the city's different layers, the particularities of its places, with a sense that all this history is being continually erased through economic "progress" reach's back to Atget’s city and his photographs of old Paris.
Originally from Christchurch, in the South Island of New Zealand, I lived and worked in Wellington and Auckland for some years as an economist before coming to Adelaide via Melbourne, to study philosophy and visual art at Flinders University.
I had a studio in Bowden and I did a lot of black and white photography with large format cameras. I gave photography away when I gave up the studio and its darkroom, after buying a small cottage in the south-east corner of Adelaide. and becoming a policy wonk.
I slowly came back to photography only to discover that film was too expensive after photography's epochal shift to digital. Acquiring a digital camera was the circuit breaker for my return to being a photographer. I then, to my surprise, started shooting in film.
The sets in the visual narrative collection are a small gallery of work in formation. When they evolve into a more substantial body of work, will be moved to a gallery on the thoughtfactory website. The body of work under projects will take the form of e-books.
I initially set up my Flickr account as an outgrowth of my blogging at Junk for Code about our visual culture, including photography. My photoblog- is Rhizomes1. My more personal blog about photography is poodlewalks.
I became part of the Altfotonet group on Flickr and help to write the group's blog.
My photostream on flickeflu
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook
My contacts favourites
- Sony A7, A7II, A7R, A7RII with Leica, Zeiss, Voigtlander M-mount 20,654 photos, 1,329 members
- Sony α7R III 3,791 photos, 468 members
- Adelaide buildings 844 photos, 21 members
- Melbourne's West [Metro Only] 3,160 photos, 373 members
- Australian & New Zealand New Topographics 1,165 photos, 40 members
- secret New Zealand 18,669 photos, 287 members
- Wellington, New Zealand 49,919 photos, 2,126 members
- Epson V700 41,266 photos, 1,715 members
- MSM Inc: UNSENSORED14 55 photos, 64 members
- Graphic Architecture 75,460 photos, 3,035 members
- Creative Street Photography 8,791 photos, 842 members
- A Sense of Place 83,993 photos, 1,043 members
- Art of Urbex 176,166 photos, 4,818 members
- a collection 11,925 photos, 451 members
- Vale (former) Melbourne Convention Centre 65 photos, 15 members
- 4 x 5 Sheet Film 6,017 photos, 329 members
- Rolleiflex SL66 TILT ! 4,360 photos, 562 members
- gondwana and laurasia rocks, rock! 159 photos, 6 members
- Schneiderholics Anonymous 115 photos, 21 members
- Regional Rail Link 59 photos, 15 members
- Street Photography : Visual distortion (the key element) 74 photos, 18 members
- morphett street bridge + topham mall 56 photos, 13 members
- Dark_Table 42 photos, 9 members
- film.landscapes 395 photos, 482 members
- Analog Memory 19,259 photos, 355 members
- Nature Beings (Moderated) 81 photos, 37 members
- Alt Adelaide 1,481 photos, 51 members
- Urban Alt 104,563 photos, 2,992 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 72,379 photos, 6,493 members
- ALT_MELB [VIC] 1,382 photos, 34 members
- South Australian Seascapes and Shorelines 2,272 photos, 142 members
- Fuji Provia 100F (RDP III) 14,663 photos, 2,228 members
- UNSENSORED12 - Thanks all! 55 photos, 46 members
- SA in black & white 1,223 photos, 40 members
- Adelaide Street Photography 1,957 photos, 209 members
- Silence: As Precise as the Picture (B&W - light toning allowed) 640 photos, 40 members
- NEX-7 11,046 photos, 388 members
- Sony NEX-7 and Leica, Voigtlander and Zeiss lenses 3,025 photos, 231 members
- Sony NEX-7 24,397 photos, 861 members
- Good photo,good details (Film preferred) 141,614 photos, 2,110 members
- Rundle Mall Adelaide 353 photos, 36 members
- 6x6 Landscapes & Cityscapes On Film 7,207 photos, 525 members
- sedge808's faves 10,740 photos, 290 members
- Goolwa Digital Imaging Group 266 photos, 12 members
- Rollei 6000 / SLX system 2,125 photos, 236 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 27,621 photos, 1,762 members
- Brutalist architecture in Australia 353 photos, 40 members
- 500x500 310,201 photos, 7,549 members
- Rollei 6008 2,206 photos, 234 members
- ARchiTeCTureE アーキテクチャ aRcHiteTurA 4,517 photos, 89 members
thoughtfactory doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Gary Sauer-Thompson
- November 2007
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Adelaide, South Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- ex-policy wonk