I hope you enjoy this stream of modest photos produced by yet another amateur photographer in Australia who takes their photography seriously.
More specifically, I'm one trying to re-connect with the roots or rhizome of the Lettrist International and psychogeography and the New Topographics
I link these rhizomatic traditions by walking with two standard poodles in Adelaide and South Australia. This way of exploring the city's different layers, the particularities of its places, with a sense that all this history is being continually erased through economic "progress" reach's back to Atget’s city and his photographs of old Paris.
Originally from Christchurch, in the South Island of New Zealand, I lived and worked in Wellington and Auckland for some years as an economist before coming to Adelaide via Melbourne, to study philosophy and visual art at Flinders University.
I had a studio in Bowden and I did a lot of black and white photography with large format cameras. I gave photography away when I gave up the studio and its darkroom, after buying a small cottage in the south-east corner of Adelaide. and becoming a policy wonk.
I slowly came back to photography only to discover that film was too expensive after photography's epochal shift to digital. Acquiring a digital camera was the circuit breaker for my return to being a photographer. I then, to my surprise, started shooting in film.
The sets in the visual narrative collection are a small gallery of work in formation. When they evolve into a more substantial body of work, will be moved to a gallery on the thoughtfactory website. The body of work under projects will take the form of e-books.
I initially set up my Flickr account as an outgrowth of my blogging at Junk for Code about our visual culture, including photography. My photoblog- is Rhizomes1. My more personal blog about photography is poodlewalks.
I became part of the Altfotonet group on Flickr and help to write the group's blog.
My photostream on flickeflu
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook
My contacts favourites
- Epson V700 28,586 photos, 1,524 members
- MSM Inc: UNSENSORED14 59 photos, 68 members
- Graphic Architecture 41,479 photos, 2,182 members
- Creative Street Photography 4,578 photos, 369 members
- A Sense of Place 34,963 photos, 635 members
- Art of Urbex 101,236 photos, 3,295 members
- a collection 2,228 photos, 121 members
- Vale (former) Melbourne Convention Centre 60 photos, 15 members
- 4 x 5 Sheet Film 3,533 photos, 198 members
- Rolleiflex SL66 TILT ! 3,379 photos, 385 members
- gondwana and laurasia rocks, rock! 129 photos, 6 members
- Schneiderholics Anonymous 89 photos, 15 members
- Regional Rail Link 43 photos, 15 members
- Street Photography : Visual distortion (the key element) 74 photos, 15 members
- morphett street bridge + topham mall 66 photos, 12 members
- Dark_Table 7 photos, 5 members
- film.landscapes 401 photos, 109 members
- Analog Memory 8,755 photos, 209 members
- Nature Beings (Moderated) 98 photos, 38 members
- Alt Adelaide 1,248 photos, 44 members
- Urban Alt 47,693 photos, 1,927 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 40,724 photos, 3,538 members
- ALT_MELB [VIC] 722 photos, 25 members
- South Australian Seascapes and Shorelines 1,035 photos, 83 members
- Fuji Provia 100F (RDP III) 7,467 photos, 1,234 members
- UNSENSORED12 - Thanks all! 57 photos, 50 members
- SA in black & white 775 photos, 32 members
- Adelaide Street Photography 1,348 photos, 149 members
- Silence: As Precise as the Picture (B&W - light toning allowed) 619 photos, 40 members
- NEX-7 7,997 photos, 309 members
- Sony NEX-7 and Leica, Voigtlander and Zeiss lenses 2,378 photos, 197 members
- Sony NEX-7 17,765 photos, 651 members
- Good photo,good details (Film preferred) 92,358 photos, 1,838 members
- Rundle Mall Adelaide 257 photos, 24 members
- 6x6 Landscapes & Cityscapes On Film 6,230 photos, 424 members
- sedge808's faves 5,847 photos, 204 members
- Goolwa Digital Imaging Group 251 photos, 12 members
- Rollei 6000 / SLX system 1,115 photos, 141 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 20,563 photos, 1,249 members
- Brutalist architecture in Australia 186 photos, 14 members
- 500x500 308,196 photos, 7,535 members
- Rollei 6008 1,352 photos, 150 members
- ARchiTeCTureE アーキテクチャ aRcHiteTurA 2,736 photos, 82 members
- MSM Inc. Out Of Town 1,119 photos, 91 members
- UNSENSORED11 125 photos, 45 members
- HP5+ 21,381 photos, 1,880 members
- URBAIN 4,431 photos, 165 members
- Sinar 2,009 photos, 420 members
- Black and White 6,462,325 photos, 316,953 members
- ILFORD PANF PLUS 50 4,048 photos, 789 members
thoughtfactory doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Gary Sauer-Thompson
- November 2007
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Adelaide, South Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- ex-policy wonk