I hope you enjoy this stream of modest photos produced by yet another amateur photographer in Australia who takes their photography seriously.
More specifically, I'm one trying to re-connect with the roots or rhizome of the Lettrist International and psychogeography and the New Topographics
I link these rhizomatic traditions by walking with two standard poodles in Adelaide and South Australia. This way of exploring the city's different layers, the particularities of its places, with a sense that all this history is being continually erased through economic "progress" reach's back to Atget’s city and his photographs of old Paris.
Originally from Christchurch, in the South Island of New Zealand, I lived and worked in Wellington and Auckland for some years as an economist before coming to Adelaide via Melbourne, to study philosophy and visual art at Flinders University.
I had a studio in Bowden and I did a lot of black and white photography with large format cameras. I gave photography away when I gave up the studio and its darkroom, after buying a small cottage in the south-east corner of Adelaide. and becoming a policy wonk.
I slowly came back to photography only to discover that film was too expensive after photography's epochal shift to digital. Acquiring a digital camera was the circuit breaker for my return to being a photographer. I then, to my surprise, started shooting in film.
The sets in the visual narrative collection are a small gallery of work in formation. When they evolve into a more substantial body of work, will be moved to a gallery on the thoughtfactory website. The body of work under projects will take the form of e-books.
I initially set up my Flickr account as an outgrowth of my blogging at Junk for Code about our visual culture, including photography. My photoblog- is Rhizomes1. My more personal blog about photography is poodlewalks.
I became part of the Altfotonet group on Flickr and help to write the group's blog.
My photostream on flickeflu
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook
My contacts favourites
- secret New Zealand 15,004 photos, 260 members
- Wellington, New Zealand 46,465 photos, 2,046 members
- Epson V700 34,358 photos, 1,635 members
- MSM Inc: UNSENSORED14 58 photos, 67 members
- Graphic Architecture 55,184 photos, 2,624 members
- Creative Street Photography 7,438 photos, 639 members
- A Sense of Place 56,783 photos, 824 members
- Art of Urbex 135,699 photos, 4,071 members
- a collection 3,271 photos, 170 members
- Vale (former) Melbourne Convention Centre 68 photos, 15 members
- 4 x 5 Sheet Film 4,759 photos, 249 members
- Rolleiflex SL66 TILT ! 4,007 photos, 454 members
- gondwana and laurasia rocks, rock! 146 photos, 6 members
- Schneiderholics Anonymous 96 photos, 17 members
- Regional Rail Link 59 photos, 15 members
- Street Photography : Visual distortion (the key element) 77 photos, 17 members
- morphett street bridge + topham mall 55 photos, 11 members
- Dark_Table 42 photos, 9 members
- film.landscapes 381 photos, 291 members
- Analog Memory 14,880 photos, 294 members
- Nature Beings (Moderated) 91 photos, 36 members
- Alt Adelaide 1,357 photos, 48 members
- Urban Alt 77,703 photos, 2,472 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 55,522 photos, 4,950 members
- ALT_MELB [VIC] 999 photos, 31 members
- South Australian Seascapes and Shorelines 1,632 photos, 113 members
- Fuji Provia 100F (RDP III) 10,533 photos, 1,603 members
- UNSENSORED12 - Thanks all! 56 photos, 49 members
- SA in black & white 1,109 photos, 42 members
- Adelaide Street Photography 1,732 photos, 181 members
- Silence: As Precise as the Picture (B&W - light toning allowed) 660 photos, 41 members
- NEX-7 9,691 photos, 354 members
- Sony NEX-7 and Leica, Voigtlander and Zeiss lenses 2,664 photos, 214 members
- Sony NEX-7 22,005 photos, 784 members
- Good photo,good details (Film preferred) 117,325 photos, 2,019 members
- Rundle Mall Adelaide 290 photos, 32 members
- 6x6 Landscapes & Cityscapes On Film 7,322 photos, 510 members
- sedge808's faves 7,691 photos, 235 members
- Goolwa Digital Imaging Group 258 photos, 12 members
- Rollei 6000 / SLX system 1,628 photos, 182 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 23,004 photos, 1,476 members
- Brutalist architecture in Australia 327 photos, 25 members
- 500x500 310,626 photos, 7,583 members
- Rollei 6008 1,644 photos, 191 members
- ARchiTeCTureE アーキテクチャ aRcHiteTurA 3,204 photos, 85 members
- MSM Inc. Out Of Town 1,159 photos, 91 members
- UNSENSORED11 122 photos, 45 members
- HP5+ 26,821 photos, 2,481 members
- URBAIN 4,723 photos, 179 members
- Sinar 1,982 photos, 435 members
thoughtfactory doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Gary Sauer-Thompson
- November 2007
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Adelaide, South Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- ex-policy wonk