sippin tea on roadside
a comfy smoke
after mind churning
pros and cons of
tripod and ball rings
at the loss
of my feminity
i voice it
and my genderless friend
laughs coyly at my thought
i have it all
been in venus for long
now traveling mars
Jan 14, 2007
I consider myself a wanderer but discovered the nomadic streak in me in the latter stage of life. Photography too came a bit late but i am enjoying every bit of it.
I am a freelance photographer, keen on taking assignments related to travel, porfolio, fashion, product, property, wedding and photo features.
A special thanks to everyone visiting my flickr site. Critiques and comments are welcome and valuable so please leave your mark.
All the photographs are my copyright and if you wish to use/buy the photos, kindly get in touch with me. No photograph can be used without prior permission.
blogsite - sariika.blogspot.com/
visited 6 states (2.66%)Create your own visited map of The World or Like this? try: Mapped Web
documentary and humanitarian photographer's favorite photos from other Flickr members (471)
- A Warmer World 31 photos, 13 members
- The Trekkerz 8,745 photos, 806 members
- REFUGEE LIVES (Mülteci Hayatlar) فيلم وثائقي عن ا 269 photos, 189 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 407,735 photos, 105,244 members
- Oxfam GB 3,065 photos, 1,551 members
- Pocket Wizards 29,777 photos, 4,222 members
- Environment Photography Competition 289 photos, 358 members
- Visualizing Disaster Risk Reduction 97 photos, 14 members
- Ladakh 18,779 photos, 1,178 members
- MOO (MiniCards, Business Cards & More, Printed by MOO) 14,098 photos, 12,944 members
- Association of Indian Photographers 31,275 photos, 1,540 members
- Adobe Lightroom 43,356 photos, 26,303 members
- Habitat World Photo Contest 2010 268 photos, 349 members
- Mushoi : Pix By Invites Only 169 photos, 55 members
- Adaptation Action Now! 116 photos, 49 members
- What's Your Story? - Sponsored by Kodak 60,701 photos, 2,618 members
- Currently open photo contests 646 photos, 388 members
- Worldnomads.com - World Festivals 3,144 photos, 364 members
- APC (Asian Photography Club) 8,361 photos, 398 members
- FIPA- Forum of Indian Photographers & Artist 2,079 photos, 173 members
- Social Geographic 20,226 photos, 1,344 members
- Indian Marriage & Wedding Ceremonies. (ONLY ur BEST) 3,636 photos, 1,694 members
- Wedding Photographers 223,287 photos, 28,426 members
- creativegarh 558 photos, 41 members
- MUNISH KHANNA ACADEMY RESOURCES 51 photos, 54 members
- * Travel Photography for World Nomads * 720,346 photos, 14,775 members
- Travel Photojournalism 99,937 photos, 13,151 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,204,716 photos, 76,965 members
- SELECTION-I.T.S.O.National Geographic 6,743 photos, 859 members
- Best of Munish Khanna academy-invited images only please 700 photos, 90 members
- The Cinematographer 126,272 photos, 6,637 members
- Canon L Lenses 487,908 photos, 7,131 members
- Explore/INTERESTINGNESS Group 236,918 photos, 7,490 members
- kafka-esque 12,249 photos, 1,468 members
- DocuMantra ~ Documentary Photography 24,182 photos, 1,038 members
- PORTRAIT CLASSICS HALL OF FAME 340 photos, 199 members
- 50 MILLION MISSING: A CAMPAIGN TO END INDIA'S FEMALE GENDERCIDE 16,691 photos, 2,542 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 347,385 photos, 22,222 members
- Travel Photography Scholarship 2,041 photos, 279 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges 152,382 photos, 16,247 members
- DFC - *all about Digital, Film, Cameras, Lenses & Friends! 43,523 photos, 2,361 members
- The Public Space Group 167,764 photos, 11,824 members
- MunishKhannaAcademy.com 7,422 photos, 270 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 13,491 photos, 6,975 members
- Hall-of-Fame (Rate the last pic on scale 1 to 5 highest) 54 photos, 26 members
- Photographer's Tech Resources 2,129 photos, 4,192 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,539,621 photos, 184,849 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 492,837 photos, 13,081 members
- Global Photojournalism 512,984 photos, 24,323 members
- HCB's "The Decisive Moment" 495 photos, 7,590 members
With best wishes!
Sarika's second skin is a camera.
She has a beautiful pair of eyes that makes her use them in handling the light intelligently!
June 20th, 2009
"i had long been thinking of writing this testimonial.....but probably am not very good with words. I have always loved the kind of photographs you have been shooting. You certainly have a great sense of aesthetics and there is absolutely no doubt about it. It may be difficult to describe but you have developed your own signature style which clearly stands out among the finest photography. I do look forward to seeing more and more of great stuff from you. Wishing you all the very best and mark my words, if you keep moving ahead the way you are, you will certainly be one of the well known names in the days to come."
December 11th, 2007
Eye Phunky says:
"Sarika has amazing vision! The colors, moments, and beauty that she captures are awe inspiring. I eagerly await her next creation and when it appears - I feel a certain sense of peace, joy, and hope."
November 21st, 2007
"For as long as I have known Sarika (which is a long time), I have known her to be extremely talented. From painting to pottery, she seemed to know how to do it all. Like her other artwork, Sarika's photography is amazing. She combines elements of photojournalism and portrait photograpy with ease. The result is an honest snapshot of the moment."
September 18th, 2007
""Life with Reality" ...is wht one can see in ur pictures.... its not only the camera tht we use to take picture...its the eye..the vision behind the viewfinder...and YOU have it... the way u compose ur shots and the way ur shots reflect the realilty of life..is really nice..and ...can nvr b described in words....i believe....when one is required to exhibit strength... it comes ...similarly..i think u associate ur pictures with some emotions...the descriptive nature of ur pics is just fantastic......!!..cheers...saurabh""
July 3rd, 2007
Edson Dias says:
"I simply love your work sarika. & not to mention the love chai. I'm definately going to buy some pictures from you, thats if the coolie deal takes off. :-)"
June 22nd, 2007
Prshant ॐ Bhrdwaj says:
"A bundle of incredible talent... mixed with the eye to capture the right at the right moment, and ability to represent it the way in which the world would connect to it...
Thank You Sariika for being around..."
May 31st, 2007
- Sarika Gulati
- September 2006
- I am:
- Documentary Photographer
- sarikagulati [at] hotmail.com