I'm an avid amateur photographer, living in Toronto, Canada and working as a librarian. It seems that all my money and free time are spent on travel and photography but that's OK with me.
You can find me on my website.
- Your Best Shot 2018 7,614 photos, 11,396 members
- LEMAG - Long Exposure And Fine Art Magazine 485 photos, 79 members
- Black and White Photography Art 911,759 photos, 35,317 members
- minimalmonochromaticism 15,112 photos, 966 members
- Noir & blanc | Black & White 1,046 photos, 204 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 24,061 photos, 38,893 members
- MINIMAL black&white 91,930 photos, 11,327 members
- Minimalism 266,667 photos, 24,946 members
- Less Is More... 64,627 photos, 67,411 members
- Time-Lapse 4,904 photos, 1,828 members
- Time Lapse Videos 11,634 photos, 4,371 members
- Fine Art B&W 528 photos, 311 members
- STORMSCAPES 22,993 photos, 2,540 members
- Illume Gallery 104 photos, 9 members
- Minimalist BW 1,586 photos, 373 members
- Minimalizm 2,031 photos, 144 members
- GLOBAL LIGHTHOUSES 12,740 photos, 1,073 members
- First Class Monochrome 6,543 photos, 612 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 141,834 photos, 4,310 members
- Natural Night Landscapes (good quality only) 4,759 photos, 756 members
- Mono 333 293 photos, 218 members
- Night Photography and Long Exposure 44,121 photos, 2,138 members
- Black & white with colors 500 photos, 108 members
- Brilliant BW 7,175 photos, 1,235 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 13,511 photos, 1,065 members
- ECM Record Cover Photographs 11,252 photos, 931 members
- The World at Night 17,892 photos, 1,063 members
- Black white and grey 248,862 photos, 7,055 members
- Scales of Grey 779 photos, 421 members
- B&W Adventures 22,383 photos, 241 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 14,236 photos, 3,103 members
- High Key Society 19,969 photos, 4,354 members
- Advanced Photography in the Digital Age (Invitation) 66,476 photos, 3,247 members
- Nature HQ 5,409 photos, 26,286 members
- DIPLOFOCUS 21,710 photos, 868 members
- Long Exposures Rule The World 5,305 photos, 3,714 members
- Black & Whites Rule The World 2,776 photos, 9,256 members
- Zonas Arqueologicas de Mexico 6,015 photos, 736 members
- Maya 17,120 photos, 1,575 members
- Mexico Revealed 177,708 photos, 5,925 members
- Black Sky Photography 6,064 photos, 673 members
- [Noctography] 118,905 photos, 5,443 members
- Lonely Speck 10,640 photos, 1,974 members
- Committee of Artists 27,534 photos, 3,550 members
- InfraRed World 5,134 photos, 312 members
- the expressions of black and white 67,688 photos, 1,542 members
- APOD Submissions 21,893 photos, 1,387 members
- The Longer Exposure. 13,294 photos, 731 members
- The American Southwest 175,588 photos, 4,294 members
- Astrophotographie 4,582 photos, 255 members
"Sandra has an exceptional ability to find compositions that work and feel vibrant and interesting. Her phenomenal feeling for light, creating of drama and subtle nuances in the overall color palette is wonderful to behold. Sandra regards herself as an amateur photographer, though her pictures are anything but amateurish. A photographer is expected to tell a story through their photographs.
With Sandra, we find a planted rose that over time has grown, anchored its roots and started spreading its beautiful red petals for all of us to behold.
Andreas Larzon / Sweden"
March 27th, 2018
Ramen Saha says:
"Sandra says she is a librarian. I say, she is a teacher. To anyone wanting to learn, she teaches in mute through her images. Sandra's work demonstrates how to maximally exploit minimalism. Her work also shows the importance of feelings being engaged and displayed in a photograph. Hemingway described writing as an easy task that required one to sit at a typewriter and then... bleed. Sandra could say something similar about making a great image... grab a camera, a decent lens of choice (11mm sometimes, jeez), get to a place that resonates and just let your feelings rip. Sandra, I will likely never enroll in your school of minimalist photography (sorry, I always have too much to say... be it my mouth or my photos), but your school of using feelings to create magic... yeah, I am in. I have stared at your photos for minutes and felt things... not kidding. Viewing your 'Supercell' or "Abandoned Homestead' was very similar to reading 'The Old Man and The Sea'. So, here is my advise for all new Sandra fans: If you are new to Sandra's stream and if you are not shy of facing your feelings, then, belt up... the ride will be long, rough and exhilarating. You will not want to stop because you will be in the warmth of someone's feelings. And if you are not ready to deal with your emotions while on a photo-surfing episode, I say with no sugar-coating... stay away from Sandra's images. They may do to you what those sharks did to the Old man's marlin."
February 16th, 2018
"I have just discovered the works of Sandra Herber, and very much look forward to her future postings as well. Her landscape work, particularly in black and white, ranks in the top 10% of all the landscape and scenic photographers I routinely follow in flickr. The ability to see, to capture, and to process such stunning images is truly a gift. And her 'meteorological' images are superb as well. While I am primarily a street photographer, I also try my hand at limited scenic/landscape images when I travel. I now have more inspiration to strive to improve my own work. One would only have to study Sandra's work to gain inspiration as well as ideas for their own photography. Keep 'em coming, Sandra!!"
July 20th, 2017
"Votre technique est sans faille mais plus encore votre regard et votre sens de l'esthétique sont admirable.
Grand Merci pour le partage de cet album d'une rare qualité."
September 13th, 2017
- Sandra Herber
- October 2009
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: