I am amateur photographer who basically does not think about a shot and keeps on clicking and if by luck, I might come up with a good shot. and so, it barely happens! So, I am self-counseling to think about a shot before taking it.
My big bro is an Architect and is a hard-core photographer as well. his journey started with a Canon EOS film camera and so started playing with it since then and I was barely 13 years old. He was also 18 and then he got hold of another Canon Classic cam, A1. it was really a Cool cam and then He changed side and got a Nikon FM2. since it was full manual, I was struggling to understand the camera, I guess my basics were really bad. SO, my relation with the FM2 did not go well but I developed a love for that camera as it was a mechanical wonder as it worked perfectly without any battery at all. It had a needle metering to let you know if you are over or under.
then, I passed on to college to Medical College and was under so much pressure, I had very little time to play with cameras. in 2005 I came to US and was looking for a camera. But financial stress did not let it happen untill the end of 2009. I finally got my DSLR. My precious, mine, all mine. I jump-started my journey with D5000 and 18-55 F3.5-5.6 VR, 55-200mm F4-5.6 VR. Both Kit lenses. as you can imagine, the beginning, it was cool but eventually I realized this lenses suck. even though the 55-200 was pretty good but the 18-55 was literally a piece of crap as the performance started deteriorating.
I also did not like to switch lenses all the time and was dying for a fish-eye lens. So I bought nikon 10.5mm F2.8 and another body , A D70 also a 70-300 F4 -5.6 lens. the 10.5 is a kick ass lens and I still love it the most. D70 was though a little back dated but still took awesome pictures. D5000 does not do auto-focus without AF-S lenses, so I took the D70. But it was suffering on low light.
that got me thinking and I wanted to get the 18-55 F2.8 nikkor but financial disaster on my part did not permit me to get it. So I got the tamron 17-50 mm F2.8. It is a good lens, but not a DX, it is actually for a FX lens. It takes awesome sharp images but not as good as a nikkor lens, My guess is, Nikon do not want the 3rd parties to look as good as NIKKOR. then, one day I am browsing for my Buddy and found out the 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 NIKKOR. I think by far, this is one of the best lenses NIKKOR made for poor people like me. the sharpness of this lens is mind blowing, even though I am struck by DX crop factor, I am very happy with this lens. in the process of getting this lens, I got rid of 18-55, 55-200 and 70-300.
I do like to take a lot of macro shots. I think I have borderline personality disorder as I run around the extreme opposites, I like macro and landscape. So, My future plan is to get the 100mm macro lens next and by the looks of my schedule and financial status, its not happening any time soon. I also want to buy a D300 as well but after several reviews, I changed my mind and bought a D7000 and waiting to see if I can make some good use of that body.
So, the equipments I carry now are the following:
NIKKOR 10.5mm F2.8 fish-eye
NIKKOR 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6
Tamron 17-50mm F2.8
Tiffen UV filters for the NIKKOR and Tamron
Also recently got a Canon 60D with 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 for my wife, I would take a shot or two sometimes with this camera, so I listed this one as well :)
Photos of S@!F (5)
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,991,628 photos, 87,163 members
- aB Photography Club 10,951 photos, 379 members
- PhotoExtremist.com 14,504 photos, 1,710 members
- 美和藝術 Beauty and Art 473,025 photos, 13,640 members
- Bangladeshi Photographers 163,133 photos, 4,900 members
- New York : Just Like I Picture'd It!! 45,707 photos, 776 members
- Flickr New York 128,630 photos, 1,907 members
- Night Lights 1,006,818 photos, 86,066 members
- Flickr Photographer 520,228 photos, 8,509 members
- Bangladesh: Nature and Landscape 1,782 photos, 143 members
- Inspired by Movies 7,278 photos, 926 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 413,071 photos, 38,307 members
- Honda / Acura Cars 27,958 photos, 2,254 members
- Honda Owners 6,158 photos, 667 members
- New York, New York 460,192 photos, 17,315 members
- Dhaka photography Unit 6,555 photos, 558 members
- FlickrCentral 9,425,573 photos, 268,084 members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden 3,361 photos, 237 members
- Brooklyn's Trees 1,341 photos, 142 members
- New York City 805,581 photos, 58,235 members
- Brooklyn 124,753 photos, 5,804 members
- Through the lens : Bangladesh 187,027 photos, 6,416 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,213,591 photos, 77,092 members
- Goccia - Drop 15,238 photos, 1,642 members
- NATURE IS LIFE - Natura è vita - Post 1 AWARD 4**SWEEPER ** 164,809 photos, 7,938 members
- Bangladeshi American Photographers 17,034 photos, 227 members
- Mother Nature's Green Earth (Theme: 100% Nature) 49,416 photos, 1,940 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 3,014,174 photos, 95,977 members
S@!F doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- saif tahsin
- July 2007
- glen oaks, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- saifs flickr