I’m closing in on 63, recently pulled up stakes in Silicon Valley and moved to Central Texas to retire. My morning routine consists of waking with the break of day, drinking enough coffee to enable me to form coherent sentences, and spending way too much time on in the internet. I like finger pickin', worn-out paint brushes, and ƒ0.95. Glad to know ya'!
- Photo walks ATX 390 photos, 44 members
- Austin 89,048 photos, 4,759 members
- Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photo Walk: Austin,TX 634 photos, 79 members
- the wilderness before you 2,018 photos, 447 members
- Shooting Film 168,092 photos, 4,918 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC - LX100 6,924 photos, 649 members
- Panasonic LX100 8,097 photos, 793 members
- Panasonic Lumix 20mm f1.7 ASPH "pancake" 96,395 photos, 4,887 members
- Fuji x100s 120,626 photos, 7,253 members
- Santa Clara University 82 photos, 34 members
- Worldwide Pinhole Day 2,831 photos, 606 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 265,279 photos, 5,596 members
- OLYMPUS PEN E-PL3 11,302 photos, 544 members
- Digital Pinhole Photography 7,010 photos, 1,727 members
- Pinwide 2,257 photos, 362 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 32,480 photos, 2,339 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,599 photos, 5,283 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,977,376 photos, 155,062 members
- TTV Flowers 510 photos, 60 members
- Ricoh GR Digital 205,950 photos, 9,202 members
- Utata 446,739 photos, 26,418 members
- World TtV Daze 2011-2012 2,484 photos, 228 members
- Through the Viewfinder 59,590 photos, 7,096 members
- Lensbabies 43,856 photos, 5,412 members
- Hasselblad 262,199 photos, 12,576 members
- blurfection 41,999 photos, 2,019 members
- Toy Cameras 297,583 photos, 25,111 members
- squareFormat 955,829 photos, 38,566 members
- Botanicals 23,047 photos, 786 members
"Consistently awesome. One of the most prolific photographers on all of Flickr!"
April 1st, 2011
plastic nico says:
"probably the best ttv sets on flickr. pure eye candy."
July 6th, 2009
"The best collection of hot rods on film!
Love his photostream"
September 24th, 2008
Marilyn P Sushi says:
"Your work continues to be very inspiring, thank you!"
December 12th, 2008
Harold Davis says:
"I appreciate Russ's photos, design sensibility, and his delectable sense of fine photography other than f/64--meaning blurs, bokeh, Lensbabies, toy cameras, experimentation, and so on. Way to go, Russ!"
May 13th, 2006
"not only can rustdood wield a camera like a stately gent, snapping well framed comps every time, but he has the manners and charm to boot.
friendliest looking icon on flickr.
AND HE'S EVERYWHERE!!!"
April 12th, 2006
Bill Walker says:
"What first drew me to Russ's work was his eye for color and composition in macro shots and urban landscapes. He has a real gift for finding surprise and beauty in the familiar and ordinary. I also admire his portraits, beautiful, natural and understated. I'm sure seeing his work on flickr inspires a lot of us to get back out there behind the lens."
April 11th, 2006
"In his own words, Russ Morris is an artist first and a photographer second. But the viewer will find the two blended beyond distinction in his photo work. Russ brings some incomprehensible magic to his pictures. Flat images become tangible. Colors become edible light.
The images Russ captures compel us to imagine him wandering through gardens and crowds. His gaze fixed through his camera, he consumes hue and texture until something special begs to be captured. Flowers that could be sorbet. Faces that are almost too intimate.
Through his eyes, focus is not a state. It is a rich continuum. Russ harnesses the full range from sharper to softer imagery throughout his work. The results are sublime. It’s as if he has revealed a hidden visual texture in each fleeting moment. We want to savour every one."
January 1st, 2006
"Russ sees the world differently from you and me. That's why his pictures are so good. He is a one-man lensbaby selling-machine.
I got a lensbaby, but my photos don't look nearly as good. That's okay, I'll just favorite all of Russ's. :-)"
November 4th, 2005
Sad Puppy says:
"Russ is an amazing artist with a pure heart. His photos and creative talent are inspiring to no end. But what is truly remarkable about him is his passion for life, love, friendship and music. He's the genuine article, folks! And a true friend."
December 30th, 2004
- Russ Morris
- August 2004
- Fremont, CA
- Round Rock, TX, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken