Robert Strickland is a self-taught full time Photographer and free-lance writer. Robert’s upbringing developed a fascination for the outdoors especially Nature and wildlife. By learning the traits of wildlife, He developed into a successful hunter. At the age of 19, he received his first camera and used it on occasion during his Navy career. After the Navy, Robert used that camera extensively becoming passionate about Nature and wildlife photography. Robert set a goal to get a photo published. Robert’s aspiration grew when he got his first publication of a purebred Hereford cow published. since that time, Robert has many publication credits and several articles with photos published. Robert base is Beverly Hills in West Central Florida in the winter months and in Candor, NY in the Southern Tier of New York State in the summer months. Roberts’s photos are the result of patient hours spent in the field, exploring, absorbing, seeing, and figuring out the subject in order to get a quality image. Robert uses the power of the Adobe Lightroom to turn a raw photos into a works of art that have the striking impact of a masterpiece, but with the detail, authenticity, and direct connection to natural world that comes with Nature photography.
Robert wrote four Published stories; Nature Photographer Magazine, Nature photographer Network, Northern Woodlands Magazine, Wildlife South Magazine and Wildlife Photographic. Robert’s awards are NANPA 2016 Showcase 1st runner up for Birds, 1st place in the National Wildlife Federation amateur division for backyard habitat and 2009 Great Backyard Bird Count Photo Contest. Robert is a graduate of the New York Institute of Photography and a Member of NANPA.
My publishing credits include: Birds and Blooms, Cornell’s All About Birds, Time, Nature Friend, Northern Woodlands, Bird Watchers, Living Bird, National Geographic Daily Dozen, NANPA News, Nature Photographers Magazine; articles and photos, Bird Note, 2015 GBBC Photo Contest, Wildlife South Magazine, North American Bluebird Society, Ducks Unlimited, Finger Lakes Magazine, American Agriculturist; Articles and Photos, Bird Watching Magazine, National Wildlife, Waterway Guide Northern Edition, Mariner’s Handbook, Turkey Call Magazine, Photographer’s Forum Magazine, Agway Cooperator; Discover Lifestyle Magazine, Central Ridge Visitor, NWF’s Treasures of Wildlife Calendar.
- Official National Geographic Group 1,818,518 photos, 35,705 members
- Cades Cove 4,398 photos, 509 members
- Citrus County Audubon Society 406 photos, 9 members
- Natures Calling 7,440 photos, 108 members
- Owls of North America 25,632 photos, 2,137 members
- Birds & Blooms 31,462 photos, 197 members
- Barred Owls 860 photos, 106 members
- Mother Nature Network Photo Pool 13,074 photos, 528 members
- National Wildlife Federation (NWF) 22,516 photos, 372 members
- Great SMOKY MOUNTAINS National Park & Surrounding Area! 26,345 photos, 2,593 members
- Golden Retrievers - Companion for life! 5,158 photos, 335 members
- Audubon Guides 16,757 photos, 172 members
- Official Ducks Unlimited Group 4,026 photos, 193 members
- Field Guide - North American Birds 25,567 photos, 571 members
- Audubon magazine 268,661 photos, 2,374 members
- National Wildlife Federation's Wildlife Watch 79,207 photos, 1,242 members
- Defenders of Wildlife Photo Contest 2010 990 photos, 228 members
- Animal Planet 1,074,386 photos, 76,903 members
- Burdr 111,833 photos, 1,050 members
- Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park 346 photos, 34 members
- Birdshare 650,214 photos, 9,227 members
- BirdWatching Magazine 216,151 photos, 2,326 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 773,218 photos, 15,972 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,328 photos, 3,746 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,235,647 photos, 42,599 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 378,878 photos, 8,141 members
D Cunningham says:
"Robert has been a great help to me. I really appreciate his professionalism and great photography. He is the best wildlife photographer that I have ever seen. Thank you, Robert. I appreciate you and your photography very much. It has been a blessing being your flickr contact and friend."
October 14th, 2009
Misty DawnS says:
"Robert is an absolutely outstanding photographer. Once you start looking through his photostream, you better not have anything pressing to do, because you will become addicted to his photos. He captures amazing beauty in everything he shoots. I look up to him as a photographer, and I strive to create images that can compare to his. There are no words to accurately describe how talented he is. I'm one of his biggest admirers and fans!"
September 12th, 2009
"ROBERT'S PHOTOSTREAM IS SIMPLY ENJOYABLE TO VIEW.
HIS BIRD SHOTS ARE GREAT AND IT SHOWS YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRAVEL VERY FAR TO GET NICE PHOTOS. ALOT OF HIS PHOTOS ARE RIGHT IN HIS VERY OWN BACKYARD!!!!!
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF HIS NEWEST PHOTOS AND AM GLAD TO SAY HE IS A CONTACT OF MINE.
KEEP POSTING THOSE GREAT SHOTS!!!!!!
September 11th, 2009
- Robert Strickland
- February 2009
- Candor, NY
- Beverly Hills, FL, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Robert Strickland Photography