My name is Robert Strickland. I live in Beverly Hills; Fl. Beverly Hills is located in Citrus County along the nature coast. I live 20 minutes from the nature coast in the midst hundreds of birds and an array of natural springs and Manatees.
Before this year, we lived in the summer months in Candor, New York, which is just south of the Finger Lakes Region of New York State an agricultural area, although we have forests and wetlands throughout the area. Shindagin State Forest being my Favorite for birds.
This past July we moved permanently to Beverly Hills, Florida. I am a self-taught photographer, with some publication credits. I have been a Photographer for over 25 years. I have developed a stock library of images from Florida. Most are of birds, Many taken right from my backyard. I have written articles about backyard techiniques and techniques to a winning photograph and a new visitor to my backyard.
I recently won the NWF photo Contest with an image of a Northern cardinal in the birdbath. I won 1st place in the Amateur division for Backyard Habitat. I also won the NWF Photo Challenge for "Nature in My Neighborhood" Challenge with an image of a barred owl amid Spanish moss.
Nature and Wildlife photography provides a welcome change of pace especially in the winter months in Florida when all the birds are back.
My Photography equipment is Canon. I use the EOS 40D, 20D, and use the 28-105 IS, 100-400L IS lenses, 100mm Macro, and the 500 L IS lens. I use the 500 L IS with the 1.4 extender for bird and other wildlife photography. I have the Bogen (Manfrotto) 3221 Tripod and other equipment.
I frequent the many birding areas in Citrus County, Florida using the birding Trails guidelines to help me find great birding areas. There are some great places to go nearby.
I also find that my backyard has some good opportunity for me to photograph. All of my bird photographs are of wild birds in the natural state. I primarily photograph birds in my backyard and surrounding areas of Citrus County.
Please view my Photos and enjoy them, but do not copy and use them they fall under the copyright laws
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
- Citrus County Audubon Society 237 photos, 9 members
- Photography Bay 207,914 photos, 4,349 members
- National Bird Magazine 6 photos, 3 members
- Natures Calling 4,431 photos, 72 members
- Canon 7D MkII Image Sharing 9,566 photos, 155 members
- Owls of North America 19,000 photos, 1,800 members
- Tamron Lens Users (USA) 94,036 photos, 3,922 members
- Birds & Blooms 22,113 photos, 165 members
- Barred Owls 623 photos, 75 members
- Mother Nature Network Photo Pool 8,746 photos, 470 members
- Wild Bears 11,274 photos, 1,572 members
- Light Stalking 81,605 photos, 3,239 members
- National Wildlife Federation (NWF) 17,459 photos, 350 members
- Great SMOKY MOUNTAINS National Park & Surrounding Area! 23,640 photos, 2,457 members
- Canon Imagination 831,718 photos, 22,439 members
- Bluebird 5,075 photos, 496 members
- Golden Retrievers - Companion for life! 3,977 photos, 304 members
- Audubon Guides 12,584 photos, 160 members
- Official Ducks Unlimited Group 2,151 photos, 147 members
- Field Guide - North American Birds 18,656 photos, 499 members
- Best of The Birds 317,649 photos, 12,183 members
- Audubon magazine 195,266 photos, 1,879 members
- National Wildlife Federation's Wildlife Watch 63,577 photos, 1,172 members
- Defenders of Wildlife Photo Contest 2010 1,000 photos, 230 members
- Florida Wild Life 15,253 photos, 286 members
- Florida Audubon (unofficial) 5,867 photos, 174 members
- Burdr 99,645 photos, 1,022 members
- Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park 346 photos, 34 members
- Birdshare 488,477 photos, 7,949 members
- Red Bellied Woodpeckers 1,580 photos, 209 members
- Florida Outdoors,Quality Images Only 47,328 photos, 1,203 members
- Backyard Birds 154,508 photos, 5,438 members
- Florida Bird Magazine 3,700 photos, 138 members
- Sandhill Cranes of Florida 807 photos, 119 members
- Florida Birds 64,810 photos, 1,431 members
- BirdWatching Magazine 142,075 photos, 1,878 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 588,059 photos, 13,953 members
- Only Ospreys 15,642 photos, 1,253 members
- Florida Coastal Wildlife 2,534 photos, 435 members
- Florida Birding Trail 5,457 photos, 175 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,361 photos, 3,743 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,057,535 photos, 41,447 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 316,415 photos, 7,785 members
D Cunningham says:
"Robert has been a great help to me. I really appreciate his professionalism and great photography. He is the best wildlife photographer that I have ever seen. Thank you, Robert. I appreciate you and your photography very much. It has been a blessing being your flickr contact and friend."
October 14th, 2009
Misty DawnS says:
"Robert is an absolutely outstanding photographer. Once you start looking through his photostream, you better not have anything pressing to do, because you will become addicted to his photos. He captures amazing beauty in everything he shoots. I look up to him as a photographer, and I strive to create images that can compare to his. There are no words to accurately describe how talented he is. I'm one of his biggest admirers and fans!"
September 12th, 2009
"ROBERT'S PHOTOSTREAM IS SIMPLY ENJOYABLE TO VIEW.
HIS BIRD SHOTS ARE GREAT AND IT SHOWS YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRAVEL VERY FAR TO GET NICE PHOTOS. ALOT OF HIS PHOTOS ARE RIGHT IN HIS VERY OWN BACKYARD!!!!!
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF HIS NEWEST PHOTOS AND AM GLAD TO SAY HE IS A CONTACT OF MINE.
KEEP POSTING THOSE GREAT SHOTS!!!!!!
September 11th, 2009
- Robert Strickland
- February 2009
- Candor, NY
- Beverly Hills, FL, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Robert Strickland Nature Photography