My name is Robert Strickland. I live in Beverly Hills; Fl. Beverly Hills is located in Citrus County along the nature coast. I live 20 minutes from the nature coast in the midst hundreds of birds and an array of natural springs and Manatees.
Before this year, we lived in the summer months in Candor, New York, which is just south of the Finger Lakes Region of New York State an agricultural area, although we have forests and wetlands throughout the area. Shindagin State Forest being my Favorite for birds.
This past July we moved permanently to Beverly Hills, Florida. I am a self-taught photographer, with some publication credits. I have been a Photographer for over 25 years. I have developed a stock library of images from Florida. Most are of birds, Many taken right from my backyard. I have written articles about backyard techiniques and techniques to a winning photograph and a new visitor to my backyard.
I recently won the NWF photo Contest with an image of a Northern cardinal in the birdbath. I won 1st place in the Amateur division for Backyard Habitat. I also won the NWF Photo Challenge for "Nature in My Neighborhood" Challenge with an image of a barred owl amid Spanish moss.
Nature and Wildlife photography provides a welcome change of pace especially in the winter months in Florida when all the birds are back.
My Photography equipment is Canon. I use the EOS 40D, 20D, and use the 28-105 IS, 100-400L IS lenses, 100mm Macro, and the 500 L IS lens. I use the 500 L IS with the 1.4 extender for bird and other wildlife photography. I have the Bogen (Manfrotto) 3221 Tripod and other equipment.
I frequent the many birding areas in Citrus County, Florida using the birding Trails guidelines to help me find great birding areas. There are some great places to go nearby.
I also find that my backyard has some good opportunity for me to photograph. All of my bird photographs are of wild birds in the natural state. I primarily photograph birds in my backyard and surrounding areas of Citrus County.
Please view my Photos and enjoy them, but do not copy and use them they fall under the copyright laws
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
- National Bird Magazine 6 photos, 3 members
- Natures Calling 1,752 photos, 48 members
- Canon 7D MkII Image Sharing 2,833 photos, 94 members
- Owls of North America 15,141 photos, 1,545 members
- Tamron Lens Users (USA) 72,566 photos, 3,430 members
- Birds & Blooms 13,939 photos, 132 members
- Barred Owls 450 photos, 63 members
- Mother Nature Network Photo Pool 5,900 photos, 324 members
- Wild Bears 9,843 photos, 1,426 members
- Light Stalking 65,506 photos, 3,114 members
- National Wildlife Federation (NWF) 15,570 photos, 326 members
- Great SMOKY MOUNTAINS National Park & Surrounding Area! 20,902 photos, 2,231 members
- Canon Imagination 856,102 photos, 22,038 members
- Bluebird 4,692 photos, 461 members
- Golden Retrievers - Companion for life! 3,225 photos, 268 members
- Audubon Guides 9,353 photos, 151 members
- Official Ducks Unlimited Group 1,337 photos, 106 members
- Field Guide - North American Birds 12,552 photos, 399 members
- Best of The Birds 246,593 photos, 10,957 members
- Audubon magazine 122,732 photos, 1,429 members
- National Wildlife Federation's Wildlife Watch 51,790 photos, 1,070 members
- Defenders of Wildlife Photo Contest 2010 1,000 photos, 231 members
- Florida Wild Life 13,045 photos, 254 members
- Florida Audubon (unofficial) 5,180 photos, 154 members
- Animal Planet 828,777 photos, 67,823 members
- Burdr 87,834 photos, 978 members
- Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park 346 photos, 34 members
- Birdshare 339,796 photos, 6,602 members
- Red Bellied Woodpeckers 1,611 photos, 199 members
- Florida Outdoors,Quality Images Only 46,560 photos, 1,174 members
- Backyard Birds 135,177 photos, 5,229 members
- Florida Bird Magazine 3,764 photos, 136 members
- Sandhill Cranes of Florida 796 photos, 117 members
- Florida Birds 54,117 photos, 1,319 members
- BirdWatching Magazine 80,444 photos, 1,404 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 399,521 photos, 11,225 members
- Only Ospreys 13,763 photos, 1,102 members
- Florida Coastal Wildlife 2,534 photos, 379 members
- Florida Birding Trail 4,243 photos, 148 members
- Birds of Prey (incl Owls ) 110,448 photos, 9,476 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,401 photos, 3,641 members
- The Nature Conservancy 853,329 photos, 39,506 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 226,853 photos, 7,192 members
D Cunningham says:
"Robert has been a great help to me. I really appreciate his professionalism and great photography. He is the best wildlife photographer that I have ever seen. Thank you, Robert. I appreciate you and your photography very much. It has been a blessing being your flickr contact and friend."
October 14th, 2009
Misty DawnS says:
"Robert is an absolutely outstanding photographer. Once you start looking through his photostream, you better not have anything pressing to do, because you will become addicted to his photos. He captures amazing beauty in everything he shoots. I look up to him as a photographer, and I strive to create images that can compare to his. There are no words to accurately describe how talented he is. I'm one of his biggest admirers and fans!"
September 12th, 2009
"ROBERT'S PHOTOSTREAM IS SIMPLY ENJOYABLE TO VIEW.
HIS BIRD SHOTS ARE GREAT AND IT SHOWS YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRAVEL VERY FAR TO GET NICE PHOTOS. ALOT OF HIS PHOTOS ARE RIGHT IN HIS VERY OWN BACKYARD!!!!!
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF HIS NEWEST PHOTOS AND AM GLAD TO SAY HE IS A CONTACT OF MINE.
KEEP POSTING THOSE GREAT SHOTS!!!!!!
September 11th, 2009
- Robert Strickland
- February 2009
- Candor, NY
- Beverly Hills, FL, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Robert Strickland Nature Photography