My name is Robert Strickland. I live in Beverly Hills; Fl. Beverly Hills is located in Citrus County along the nature coast. I live 20 minutes from the nature coast in the midst hundreds of birds and an array of natural springs and Manatees.
Before this year, we lived in the summer months in Candor, New York, which is just south of the Finger Lakes Region of New York State an agricultural area, although we have forests and wetlands throughout the area. Shindagin State Forest being my Favorite for birds.
This past July we moved permanently to Beverly Hills, Florida. I am a self-taught photographer, with some publication credits. I have been a Photographer for over 25 years. I have developed a stock library of images from Florida. Most are of birds, Many taken right from my backyard. I have written articles about backyard techiniques and techniques to a winning photograph and a new visitor to my backyard.
I recently won the NWF photo Contest with an image of a Northern cardinal in the birdbath. I won 1st place in the Amateur division for Backyard Habitat. I also won the NWF Photo Challenge for "Nature in My Neighborhood" Challenge with an image of a barred owl amid Spanish moss.
Nature and Wildlife photography provides a welcome change of pace especially in the winter months in Florida when all the birds are back.
My Photography equipment is Canon. I use the EOS 40D, 20D, and use the 28-105 IS, 100-400L IS lenses, 100mm Macro, and the 500 L IS lens. I use the 500 L IS with the 1.4 extender for bird and other wildlife photography. I have the Bogen (Manfrotto) 3221 Tripod and other equipment.
I frequent the many birding areas in Citrus County, Florida using the birding Trails guidelines to help me find great birding areas. There are some great places to go nearby.
I also find that my backyard has some good opportunity for me to photograph. All of my bird photographs are of wild birds in the natural state. I primarily photograph birds in my backyard and surrounding areas of Citrus County.
Please view my Photos and enjoy them, but do not copy and use them they fall under the copyright laws
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
- Citrus County Audubon Society 193 photos, 9 members
- Photography Bay 189,471 photos, 4,234 members
- National Bird Magazine 9 photos, 3 members
- Natures Calling 3,446 photos, 65 members
- Canon 7D MkII Image Sharing 7,493 photos, 145 members
- Owls of North America 18,337 photos, 1,745 members
- Tamron Lens Users (USA) 87,100 photos, 3,772 members
- Birds & Blooms 20,147 photos, 157 members
- Barred Owls 574 photos, 73 members
- Mother Nature Network Photo Pool 7,736 photos, 442 members
- Wild Bears 10,742 photos, 1,527 members
- Light Stalking 76,582 photos, 3,208 members
- National Wildlife Federation (NWF) 16,557 photos, 344 members
- Great SMOKY MOUNTAINS National Park & Surrounding Area! 22,892 photos, 2,389 members
- Canon Imagination 839,208 photos, 22,368 members
- Bluebird 5,013 photos, 485 members
- Golden Retrievers - Companion for life! 3,824 photos, 290 members
- Audubon Guides 11,366 photos, 157 members
- Official Ducks Unlimited Group 2,032 photos, 140 members
- Field Guide - North American Birds 16,619 photos, 483 members
- Best of The Birds 297,803 photos, 11,888 members
- Audubon magazine 177,470 photos, 1,775 members
- National Wildlife Federation's Wildlife Watch 59,702 photos, 1,149 members
- Defenders of Wildlife Photo Contest 2010 1,000 photos, 231 members
- Florida Wild Life 14,633 photos, 281 members
- Florida Audubon (unofficial) 5,646 photos, 173 members
- Animal Planet 920,608 photos, 71,534 members
- Burdr 96,629 photos, 1,017 members
- Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park 346 photos, 34 members
- Birdshare 451,511 photos, 7,701 members
- Red Bellied Woodpeckers 1,592 photos, 209 members
- Florida Outdoors,Quality Images Only 46,656 photos, 1,189 members
- Backyard Birds 150,490 photos, 5,402 members
- Florida Bird Magazine 3,700 photos, 138 members
- Sandhill Cranes of Florida 805 photos, 118 members
- Florida Birds 62,325 photos, 1,417 members
- BirdWatching Magazine 125,536 photos, 1,762 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 525,339 photos, 13,103 members
- Only Ospreys 15,063 photos, 1,201 members
- Florida Coastal Wildlife 2,540 photos, 425 members
- Florida Birding Trail 5,244 photos, 171 members
- Birds of Prey (incl Owls ) 42,152 photos, 3,114 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,372 photos, 3,744 members
- The Nature Conservancy 995,392 photos, 40,965 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 291,986 photos, 7,670 members
D Cunningham says:
"Robert has been a great help to me. I really appreciate his professionalism and great photography. He is the best wildlife photographer that I have ever seen. Thank you, Robert. I appreciate you and your photography very much. It has been a blessing being your flickr contact and friend."
October 14th, 2009
Misty DawnS says:
"Robert is an absolutely outstanding photographer. Once you start looking through his photostream, you better not have anything pressing to do, because you will become addicted to his photos. He captures amazing beauty in everything he shoots. I look up to him as a photographer, and I strive to create images that can compare to his. There are no words to accurately describe how talented he is. I'm one of his biggest admirers and fans!"
September 12th, 2009
"ROBERT'S PHOTOSTREAM IS SIMPLY ENJOYABLE TO VIEW.
HIS BIRD SHOTS ARE GREAT AND IT SHOWS YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRAVEL VERY FAR TO GET NICE PHOTOS. ALOT OF HIS PHOTOS ARE RIGHT IN HIS VERY OWN BACKYARD!!!!!
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF HIS NEWEST PHOTOS AND AM GLAD TO SAY HE IS A CONTACT OF MINE.
KEEP POSTING THOSE GREAT SHOTS!!!!!!
September 11th, 2009
- Robert Strickland
- February 2009
- Candor, NY
- Beverly Hills, FL, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Robert Strickland Nature Photography