I suppose I should write something here although I don't know why, nobody will read it. Tell you what, why don't you go look at my pictures instead. If you're feeling really kind you could always leave me a comment or two, who knows, I might even return the favour. Oh, and I'd prefer it if you gave the spangly gifs a miss. And I don't really do Post 1, Comment 100 groups either.
Most of my photos are taken on my wanderings around remote places. A photographic diary of my adventures. I tag them so that I can remember where I've been and when. I can recognise places I've been to 20 years ago, paths I've walked, views I've seen. But I can't for the life of me remember what places are called.
To the 957 or so very shy people who have added me as a contact without so much as a word: try leaving me some comments and I might add you too, I'm here for the social side of Flickr and communication is a two way process. And if you were made a contact the likelihood of remaining so is minimal if you make no form of contact.
A small selection of my Flickr pics are for sale on RedBubble but if you see anything you'd like a print of on here drop me a Flickrmail and I'll put it on RB for you. They do everything from greetings cards to posters, canvas & framed prints.
Any photo on here is Available for Request to License through Getty Images.
Well, everyone seems to have an endless list of their gear on their profile page so I thought I'd share mine with you.
I started off my digital career with a Fuji Finepix F440, nice and compact but now sold and gone to a good home. It even comes back to visit every once in a while. Next was a Fuji S6500fd bridge camera, great but not as good as the real thing so along came a Canon EOS 400D. Got it as body only and bought a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens. Nothing like jumping in at the wide end is there?
Lens addiction soon followed, a Sigma 17-70mm for general use, then a nifty fifty way back when you could get a lens for fifty quid. After a bit of serious saving up a Canon 100mm Macro lens appeared on the scene, then to complete the range a Sigma 70-300mm APO zoom which has now converted itself to manual focus only, useless pile of junk! Life moves too fast for manual focus so along came a Canon 70-300mm lens to bring far away things nearer. Much better image quality and Image Stabilisation too.
Next on the list was a new compact, a Canon IXUS 95 IS for when I couldn't be bothered carting the DSLR around. But unfortunately this seems to have got dust inside so doesn't get used much any more. Replaced it with a Canon PowerShot SX260 HS which is great for carrying up mountains without the need for a team of Sherpas but unfortunately not very good image quality (no surprises really but life is a series of compromises) so it now lives in the cupboard of the unloved.
Next solution was a Canon EOS M which came with a nifty little 18-55mm lens and an adaptor so I can use all the lenses I got for the 400D. Better quality but a fraction of the weight.
After many years of neglect I decided the lens collection needed a new lease of life so I bought a Canon EOS 77D to keep them company on special occasions when I can muster enough energy to carry everything.
Most of my photos are more or less as taken, maybe a quick tweak of the levels or some cropping but that's about it. Sometime I go a bit mad with either Photoshop Elements or The Gimp and have a faff about. Oh, and HDR is the work of the Devil.
Welcome to Royston Vasey You'll Never Leave
RoystonVasey's favorite photos from other Flickr members (6)
- Lake District, UK 37,707 photos, 2,701 members
- Landscape photography 2,285,193 photos, 92,642 members
- Landscapes Only 776,226 photos, 37,380 members
- Isle of Man / Mann 15,302 photos, 666 members
- ISLE OF MAN / ELLAN VANNIN 16,733 photos, 656 members
- Canon EOS M Club 20,303 photos, 690 members
- canon 77d users 3,673 photos, 234 members
- Canon EOS 77D User 3,540 photos, 228 members
- Canon EOS 77D Owners - Propietarios 1,507 photos, 87 members
- Beers at Christmas 49 photos, 7 members
- Baths in Fields 152 photos, 103 members
- British Wild Flowers 24,228 photos, 2,000 members
- Same Place, Different Time 925 photos, 125 members
- Flood! 6,239 photos, 884 members
- wicked campers 274 photos, 54 members
- ORKNEY 21,333 photos, 858 members
- AuroraWatch UK 4,239 photos, 2,824 members
- CANON-NO LIMIT 1,687,161 photos, 16,051 members
- Sowerby Bridge 873 photos, 26 members
- Ice Cream Vans 4,356 photos, 908 members
- Bin Down That Road 372 photos, 25 members
- Bench Monday (anything bench-like) 18,036 photos, 1,243 members
- Mountains 357,951 photos, 17,650 members
- Ring of Kerry - Ireland 2,271 photos, 266 members
- The Kingdom of Kerry - Ireland 18,552 photos, 1,127 members
- Takeaways and Chip Shops of the World 2,209 photos, 198 members
- Wacky Weekends 3,761 photos, 139 members
- Telegraph Tuesday 10,020 photos, 693 members
- GREAT PANOS 73,587 photos, 3,743 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 1,123,038 photos, 13,136 members
- Iceland - Landscape 190,586 photos, 12,930 members
- Canon EOS M with EF Lens 3,225 photos, 385 members
- Canon EOS M Series - Mirrorless 87,920 photos, 4,615 members
- Canon EOS M Mirrorless Cameras 40,887 photos, 1,452 members
- Isle of Jura, Scotland 699 photos, 56 members
- Islay 5,554 photos, 203 members
- Islay & Jura 7,135 photos, 387 members
- View from the bridge. 778 photos, 82 members
- Peak District National Park 88,628 photos, 4,163 members
- This is Derbyshire 64,041 photos, 1,472 members
- Mountains Anywhere 591,519 photos, 35,760 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 815,689 photos, 33,624 members
- Novembeer 150 photos, 12 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 729,235 photos, 26,465 members
- Apple iPhone Photos 32,217 photos, 1,476 members
- It's beer o'clock! 4,182 photos, 32 members
- Isle of Skye 26,075 photos, 2,815 members
- The British Countryside 522,937 photos, 9,531 members
- Pugneys Country Park 40 photos, 9 members
- British Bird Photography WILD BIRDS ONLY 130,199 photos, 1,740 members
" with his stunning landscape photos and witty titles Dave has inspired many of my Poems, that may be a good or a bad thing ,of that i will leave to others to judge ,and i thank him for sharing his photos
April 30th, 2016
"Dave's an artist? - I had no idea."
August 2nd, 2009
GaryJS ™ says:
"Dave has taken many of my favourite photos.. (Please would you give them back ;) ) Seriously though.. I always look forward to seeing his latest offering and reading his funny comments. He makes Flickr a more fun place to be. Cheers Dave!"
June 26th, 2009
Mrs Airwolfhound says:
"Dave's Photo stream is a stunning record of the beautiful part of the world in which he lives and the wonderful places that he visits (including many pubs.) They each tell a story, pulling the viewer into the worlds within them.
I can sit and look at your shots all day mate, they cheer me up at the same time as your witty comments make me giggle. You are a pleasure to 'know' and have a laugh with my friend. Long may you continue to brighten my days with your wonderful photographs and cracking personality. :-) xx"
March 3rd, 2008
"dave's got a fantastic eye for photography. his landscapes are amazing and he can turn the most simplest "sight" into something amazing and abstract. his photographs will keep you entranced for ages and you find that you get lost in the shots, imagining that you're there and seeing the beauty for yourself.
Dave's personality comes across with his witty and charming titles, his funny and banterous comments on your photostream and the group's that he's actively a part of.
This is one man's photo's that i recommend you to see, you will not be disappointed.
Yer fabby dave, keep up your good work. Jx"
June 18th, 2007
Tourista de Mancunia says:
"Royston (Dave) has an uncanny knack for fabulously breathtaking scenery and particularly adept at landscapes. Watch out for his mischievious sense of humour though!! Also responsible for creating the celebrated "Taking A Fence Group"
February 14th, 2007
- November 2006
- Royston Vasey
- Selling Pegs
- my flickr photos are for sale