Damona Art is a Belgian Artist/Photographer who's totally into Retro and Pinup. I'm photographing Pinup models since late 2010 and have grown to someone with my own style and vision.
When i was younger and just finished school, i even started working in a Kodak Factory to be close to the development of Films. To see the photo come to life, it’s like ‘Magic'. That magic i'm still using today in modern Photoshop which used to be the dark room in Analog age. it’s all about how the mind sees it.
One day a model approached me asking to take some Boudoir photos, since then the love for anything Pin Up related did not leave my mind anymore.
I only work in themes and guide the models through the shoot. My inspiration for Pinup and Glamour comes from style icons such as Dita Von Teese, Bernie Dexter, Gil Elvgren, Ginger Rogers, Marilyn Monroe, Bettie Page and even from watching some old movies, My Muse seems to be with me most of the time.
I often find myself finding inspiration from the smallest and simplest things. I would not necessarily describe myself as a 'professional' Pinup photographer, but rather as someone who is professional in my approach, and passionate about what i do,
Regardless of whether i'm having a bad day or not. I makes my plans, set my goals, and work towards achieving them, and that is what i think 'professionalism' in one's work is all about.
A piece of paper does not make a person a professional; especially if they do not act in a professional manner. Having fun, love and respect really means a lot to me, and i like to incorporate those qualities into my work, and with the models i work with.
Anything is possible with the right mind-set, and a lot of hard work. Damona is a very positive thinking woman and someone who is always happy and laughing :).
Sometimes people think i’m a little crazy...well maybe i am a little...I thinks it's great to have the opportunity to use this positive energy within my shoots, which always makes the shoots successful and fun and just the way i imagined it.
i'm Always trying to stretch my limits with new techniques, scenes and looks to achieve the best quality in my photos and therefore to be unique in my way, served to you only with the best care.
Life is only what you make of it.
I get regulary featured on Covers of magazines such as Secret magazine, Pinups & Kustoms, The vicious Bettys, Drive-in magazine, Vintage Life Mag, Perspective Fashion Magazine, American Classic, Burlesque bible and many more....
Even Retro Lovely magazine "One of America's BEST and BIGGEST Pin Up/Retro magazines" has published photos of mine in issues 5, 6, 10 and 11. + 6 pages in Retro Lovely Taboo Edition nr 6 and the Cover of their 1th international edition!
See more here : www.damona-art.com/press
You will find a variety of albums here, as i experiment a lot with Lensbaby, Macro, but also shooting some landscapes, Events, Abandoned Places etc.....which are also a part of my life.
Follow me on Facebook for Casting Calls or the latest news : www.facebook.com/damona.art
Many people have left a comment here, so i wants to thank them all for the very nice comments and likes! Don't hesitate to come and take a look when you want to see some new works.
Thank you for your visit!
Love , Damona
My Instagram :
My Website :
Facebook Page :
Photos of ♥ Damona-Art •.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯` (1)
- Fuji Instax 210 Wide 2,834 photos, 459 members
- Black and White 6,844,941 photos, 358,184 members
- Life in Black & White 1,241,433 photos, 36,395 members
- GirlsWithAttitude 167,741 photos, 9,039 members
- Pin ups 38,250 photos, 1,707 members
- Car girl Photoshoots 12,923 photos, 1,228 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 423,646 photos, 17,175 members
- iPhone Freaks 361,073 photos, 10,028 members
- Apple iPhone Photos 32,187 photos, 1,476 members
- Twistee Treat Ice Cream shops 80 photos, 39 members
- Fujifilm Instax Room 48,668 photos, 9,282 members
- Instant Film 79,241 photos, 3,367 members
- Fujifilm Instax 17,793 photos, 2,081 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 10,641 photos, 2,411 members
- Instagram 152,626 photos, 8,190 members
- Instagram for Android 10,126 photos, 371 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 502,994 photos, 21,326 members
- TATTOOS & GIRLS 24,453 photos, 4,651 members
- Día de los Muertos 12,231 photos, 1,952 members
- Polaroid Spectra 21,204 photos, 2,620 members
- dreams and magic 4,342 photos, 3,174 members
- Polaroid 307,913 photos, 32,569 members
- Pin-Up Pin-Up Pin-Up 7,724 photos, 1,251 members
- MODEL MAGAZINE 76,139 photos, 8,004 members
- Belgium Urbex 17,317 photos, 493 members
- Art of Urbex 177,877 photos, 4,854 members
- Abandoned Belgium- Sites abandonnés en Belgique 19,282 photos, 555 members
- Model & Pinup Page for Photographers and Models! 80,881 photos, 5,168 members
- Tattooed Girls 56,683 photos, 20,915 members
- Va Va Vroom! - Hot Rods, PinUps etc. 1,253 photos, 325 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 129,578 photos, 8,498 members
- Retro & Vintage Photography 143,498 photos, 8,367 members
- Nikon D5000 CLUB 236,332 photos, 9,043 members
- Street Rods and Customs 56,560 photos, 2,043 members
- Rockabilly! 21,343 photos, 3,014 members
- RAT RODS - OLD SCHOOL - ROCKABILLY - FLAMES & DAMES 14,161 photos, 1,991 members
- Classic/collectable cars and motorcycles 375,143 photos, 15,276 members
- Belgium Digital Photography 99,093 photos, 2,291 members
- Vintage & Retro Pinup Models ! 3,898 photos, 745 members
- Perfect Pin-ups 17,729 photos, 2,498 members
- Hot Rods & Pin-Ups - ONLY! Please read the rules! 378 photos, 1,193 members
- Venitians dress 6,836 photos, 791 members
- Fantasy - Costume Events 51,652 photos, 1,291 members
- Costumés à Annevoie 632 photos, 33 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 17,991 photos, 1,965 members
- Grimm's Fairy Tales 2,465 photos, 462 members
- *Chobits* 240 photos, 118 members
- Anime Cosplay 160,472 photos, 6,746 members
- All things Anime 86,375 photos, 3,260 members
- Outstanding Pictures (Invite only) Post 1 Comment 2 3,031 photos, 223 members
"Damona-Art and I, we go back a really long way. I saw her taking her first steps in photography as an outstanding nature photographer, where she showed a brilliant eye for catching as well the spirit of the trees as the light filtering through the forest roof. When she started on the field of urban exploration I saw her taking brilliant photos of abandoned places. Now she is doing retro pin-up photography and I think it is here she developped fully her talent as an artist creating beautifully orchestrated pin-up images. It will be exciting to see her future development on the field of artistic photography."
January 31st, 2012
"What to say about R...
Let me tell you I had the luck meeting her irl.
I really admire her art and how she always find the power to add her personal touch.
Not only she have some nice photography skills, and a very good notice of post production. She would call it the "magical touch"
A very warm personality, and when we meet, we're always in for a good chat.
Hope to meet up with her again soon.
Keep it up girl.
I love your work"
February 3rd, 2010
"Brilliant!! Amazing!!! Inspirational!!! These are just a few words that cross my mind every time i look at her images...truly a visionary artist."
August 18th, 2009
Angelique (brunas.nl) says:
"How can this be blank???
You know I love your work, all of it!
You have an eye for compositions and the most beautiful model shots I've seen since a long time.
Get well soon sweetie :)
July 6th, 2009
- May 2008
- I am:
- Female and Taken