about me...well, I like vodka, Elvis P, getting comments & faves from you lovely people, Santiago Calatrava, The Godfather, weekends, Barcelona, The Strokes, sunsets, curry, being Scottish, road trips, Mario Testino, my Mac, San Pedro de Atacama, Bob Carlos Clarke, The Larry Sanders Show, jaffa cakes, Herb Ritts, Achmelvich Beach, life at The Dakota, Venice, late night shenanigans, Elvis C, Martin Luther King, latte, Melbourne, Albert Watson, Rapa Nui, cheesey Bryan Adams songs, The Graduate, Jake Rajs, cocktails, Sideways, Peter Lindbergh, The Barrowlands, gadgets, the Hoover Factory, Wedel, flickr, Franz Ferdinand, Route 66, Dylan, Charlie Waite, jeans, Muji, Lucky Bay, art deco, wikipedia.org, boys on tour, Gordon Ramsay, The Clash, the Photographers' Gallery, Free Cell, Keith Richards guitar, The Godfather II, kittens, Monday night 5-a-sides, Bowie, Ansel Adams, NYC, the Liquid Room, Los Lobos, Ted Baker shirts, watching Rangers, music turned up to 11, straightdope.com, Springsteen, EOS 5D, Warsaw, Nigel Turner, Good Fellas, Annie Leibovitz, getting e-mail, going somewhere new, Baileys, The Velvet Underground, the Edinburgh Fringe...blah blah blah....
I don't post many photos - an exceptionally good month might be 3 or 4 pics if I get really lucky. I'd rather have 250 quality images on show, rather than hundreds of filler pics just for the sake of it. And hey, it saves you trawling through pages of mediocrity and gets you straight to the (hopefully) good stuff right away.
Currently Grooving To :
Anything by Dwight Yoakam
Elvis Costello - Live At The El Mocambo
Nina Simone - Remixed & Re-imagined
The Strokes - Is This It?
In The Lounge With Andy Williams
Prince - The Hits/The B-Sides
Cat Power - The Greatest
Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series, Vol. 4: The Royal Albert Hall Concert
Nick Lowe - Quiet Please....The Best Of Nick Lowe
visited 21 states (9.33%) Create your own visited map of The World
I'm Male and Lost.
- Wedding Photographers 228,294 photos, 29,887 members
- INDIGO AWARD 343 photos, 127 members
- World Portrait 2020 146,589 photos, 4,233 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 33,888 photos, 3,104 members
- Battersea Power Station 3,895 photos, 792 members
- Parent and Child 19,318 photos, 3,330 members
- One World, One Future, for the Children 23,164 photos, 5,102 members
- Magnificent Portrait - Post 1 Give 5 3,738 photos, 271 members
- Wedding Photography 261,195 photos, 52,798 members
- TLC photography [upload 1 comment 2] 67,269 photos, 3,212 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,316 photos, 146 members
- Classy Portraits 28,778 photos, 2,915 members
- ANGEL GALLERY :Images w/ 7+ Angel Awards , Post 1 / Award 3 18,245 photos, 2,629 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 235,024 photos, 8,914 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 579,038 photos, 21,105 members
- !Pole Star(Post2-Comment5) 65,127 photos, 2,835 members
- A Black Rose - Post 1 - Award 3 110,514 photos, 5,399 members
- YOU AND THE WORLD (POST 2 AWARD 5) 55,491 photos, 2,598 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 101,301 photos, 4,234 members
- Best Of DAMN! I Wish I'd Taken That 51,808 photos, 5,011 members
- **Platinum Hearts Hall of Fame** Photos With 10 Platinum Hearts 40,780 photos, 6,064 members
- Chercher la Femme ♀ 42,865 photos, 2,406 members
- *LEVEL-1:Peace Awards* P1 / A 5 : QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 538,866 photos, 16,844 members
- **THE BEST VISIONS** ( Post 01, Award 03 ) 284,477 photos, 9,221 members
- Black&White♥Lovers(Post2-Comment5)*SWEEPER ACTIVE* 25,508 photos, 2,251 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) 520,425 photos, 21,521 members
- *ANGEL AWARDS, POST 1 / GIVE 5 ANGELS , SWEEPER ACTIVE 228,102 photos, 8,028 members
- THE NATURAL WORLD OF NATURE P1/A4 168,511 photos, 9,114 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 206,542 photos, 8,208 members
- Sapphire Awards *POST 1 - AWARD 3* *Sweeper Active* 183,716 photos, 8,268 members
- Whiteground 8,911 photos, 1,325 members
- THE DARK HORSE AWARD * Post 1 Award 4* NO Nudity 23,939 photos, 1,477 members
- Abstract Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=-- 59,955 photos, 8,172 members
- Furry Friday 40,666 photos, 1,831 members
- Creative Child Photography 250,501 photos, 22,506 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,092,394 photos, 130,299 members
- Photography- My Passion - post 1 award 2 20,497 photos, 836 members
- **Baby & Child Awards** Post 1 - Awards 3 14,621 photos, 1,239 members
- Shooting Stars Babies and Kids (Post 1, Award 5) we are back !! 1,842 photos, 516 members
- The Light Painters Society 584,309 photos, 17,243 members
- The point of view 57,786 photos, 3,628 members
- Music Photography 635,496 photos, 16,358 members
- Old School Digital 43,672 photos, 2,427 members
- The Best Portraits AOI ~AOI L2~(Admin Invite) (P1-Award & Fave3) 10,176 photos, 2,797 members
- Portraits du monde 213,413 photos, 11,262 members
- Italy, Best of / L'immagine dell'Italia 357,320 photos, 15,553 members
- Italy 611,527 photos, 20,912 members
- Roma in Bianco e Nero / Rome in Black & White 16,311 photos, 1,565 members
- Roma - Rome 103,021 photos, 9,700 members
- Rome Photographers [& friends from everywhere!] 84,031 photos, 2,041 members
cheerful view says:
"Rod's images convey exactly what I believe photography is all about. It allows us to communicate ideas or feelings and gives us a glimpse of other people, societies, cultures and places we never knew existed. But Rod doesn't just photograph remote places, his images of nature, landscape, architecture and people are just outstanding from every single aspect.
I feel that Ansel Adams expressed better than I can what I'd like to say about Rod's images: "We don't make a photograph with just a camera. We bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard and the people we have loved." Rod, I am looking forward to many more beautiful, unique creations.
You ARE the best!!!"
September 24th, 2008
flightless bird says:
"talent at it's highest, beauty at it's purest and inspiration beyond my verbal ability."
May 27th, 2008
"I would like to express myself better in your language, so I will write in spanish.
Creo que eres uno de mis fotógrafos preferidos de flickr, cercano y amistoso.. preocupado por sus amigos y fiel a si mismo. Me gustaría conocerte personalmente para poder disfrutar de tus conocimientos en directo, pero mientras tanto me conformaré con observar lo que tu previamente has elegido para fotografiar.
Transmites en cada foto. Y esa es la esencia de un profesional.
Your photos are a dream come true.
Kisses and Hugs from Spain.
May 21st, 2008
Mimoza Veliu says:
"wonderful work rod....love it"
February 6th, 2008
Haggis Chick says:
"He's an absolute darling willing to help anyone!!! What can I say about Rod? Mmmmmm good question:-)))))))!!!!!!
His pics are amazing, I seem to be the last one to always comment sighhhhh!!! But he's always there to offer encouragment and words of advice oh and did I mention what a great listener he is?
I have to also say that if it wasn't for this man I wouldn't be going to the Razorlight concert so for ever more I'm gonna love him to death!
August 1st, 2007
Norma Desmond says:
"Not only does he like elvis, bowie, the clash and my life in the bush of ghosts....
he lives in scotland - takes astonishing photos and seems to be an all round interesting person.
of course hate all of his supremely popular shots; ) just don't look at them......
but I do like him..."
February 23rd, 2007
Sara María Santos says:
"He's my boss!!!!
thanks for your words!!!!!! :)"
February 22nd, 2007
"Besides being a hell of a nice guy Rod has a great eye for landscape photography - the compositions, clarity and color choices make his shots worth staring at for hours, wish I could get together a bunch of people to lobby for him to get more time off work to go shoot!"
January 29th, 2006
- Rod Monkey
- March 2005
- Edinburgh, Bonnie Scotland
- Rod Irvine : Photography