I am Brian, i now live in Carlisle, but i am originally from Dumfries in the south west of Scotland. Living in Carlisle, but still working in Dumfries allows me to photograph the beautiful landscapes and places of Cumbria & Galloway. Although i love to photograph landscapes, my main passion is Prehistoric Rock Art, carvings made by man between 3-5000 years ago. The carvings are found mainly in the north of England and Scotland, which again being located in Carlisle, allows to me visit most of the main carving areas.
Although i have no formal training in photography, i feel that as i go on over the years, being self taught, my images are getting better, hopefully you will agree and enjoy my photographs.
Canon EOS 6D
Carl Zeiss T* Distagon ZE 21mm F/2.8
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM
Canon 50mm f1.8 L
Giotto's MTL 8361B Carbon Fibre Tripod
MH1302-652 Ball Head
Manfrotto 322RC2 Head
Manfrotto MP3-D02 Support
Heliopan Circular Polariser
Lee ND 0.9 Pro Glass
Lee ND 0.9 Resin
Lee Big Stopper
Hitech Reverse Grad 0.9
Lee Soft Grad 0.3, 0.6, 0.75, 0.9
Lee Hard Grad 0.3, 0.6, 0.9
Hitech Soft & Hard Grad Sets as backup.
All my equipment is carried around with the help of my Lowepro Primus AW backpack
Again thanks for looking, and i hope you enjoy my photographs, please feel free to add me as a contact, its always good to see other peoples work, we can all learn from others.
My Published Work.
This image below of Ketley Crag rock shelter with carvings was used for the English Heritage brochure for the website launch of the the rock art project, an online collection of rock art carvings in Northumberland and Durham.
The Image was also used by my friend and author Stan Beckensall for the front cover of his book Northumberland's Hidden History which can be bought via Amazon.
The image below of the Hanging Stones rock carvings on Ilkley Moor was used by my friend and author Stan Beckensall for the front cover for his newest book, the Prehistoric Rock Art of Britain, the book can be bought via Amazon.
I also have my own website, please visit my site.
Brian Kerr Photography
Now for the legal stuff.
© 2010 Brian Kerr Photography - All rights reserved.
All images are subject to UK Copyright Laws and remain the property of Brian Kerr Photography at all times.
No images may be downloaded or used without express permission from Brian Kerr Photography for any purpose whatsoever
- Earth's Natural Beauty 714 photos, 127 members
- illumination focus 24,777 photos, 1,862 members
- Dreamy Landscapes (Editors' choice) 11,996 photos, 1,750 members
- Scotland Outdoors Magazine 2,209 photos, 137 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only)-Post 1/Fave or Comment 2 494,121 photos, 63,141 members
- "UK Fine Art Landscape Photography" (Invited) 8,160 photos, 383 members
- Cloudporn 167,109 photos, 25,102 members
- The Light Fantastic 722,552 photos, 35,636 members
- B&W 3,522,416 photos, 172,666 members
- Fog and Rain 225,466 photos, 45,780 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 867 photos, 140 members
- Sony A7/A7R Community 7,680 photos, 969 members
- SONY Alpha A7 & A7r 17,859 photos, 1,451 members
- PhotoPlus Magazine 89,427 photos, 3,744 members
- On Landscape 7,022 photos, 512 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 70,474 photos, 4,142 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 19,045 photos, 1,426 members
- Long Exposure Junkies 4,987 photos, 2,105 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 34,388 photos, 4,806 members
- Lake District Now 23,008 photos, 1,384 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,625 photos, 103,496 members
- Stepping Above the Rest 3,946 photos, 79 members
- British Rock Art Collection 202 photos, 65 members
- The Solway Firth 2,405 photos, 140 members
- The Lake District UK 66,874 photos, 6,030 members
- Cumbria, England 55,750 photos, 1,682 members
- Dumfries and Galloway 16,020 photos, 592 members
- Scotland 402,125 photos, 15,006 members
One of the best landscape photographer I've ever seen..
Thanks for sharing these beautiful shots with us :)"
24th September, 2010
Simon Đỗ says:
You have a excellent excellent photo stream, really like your photo!!!"
31st August, 2010
- Hob - says:
"I've watched this fella's photography evolve over the last few years, (even from before he discovered Flickr!) and has seen the effect his enthusiasm and dedication has had on his ability to create incredibly striking images. He's always had an eye for the light, and his use of HDR techniques engenders serious admiration.
Bu above all, he knows how to make an arresting image from that trickiest of subjects, Prehistoric Rock Art. He's helped raise the profile of these obscure, enigmatic and deeply important relics by applying his enthusiasm for digital photography, and for that alone he deserves a big packet of nice biscuits 8-)"
24th June, 2009
- February 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken