A little about myself .. well I have been a full time carer since 2005 and before that I was an accountant for 18 years.
I was brought up in Bury, where my family moved to when I was six (I was born 'down south' but come from good Yorkshire stock, so a little mixed up).
I was a volunteer at the Heaton Park tramway for a few years and I own the lower saloon of a 1924 Lytham St Annes tramcar. Which, since loosing my storage in January 2014, has been reconstructed from 'flat pack' on my driveway. It's recent transfer to Blackpool Heritage Trust's care for completion has left me to concentrate on my weird array of cars! Although the recent onset of arthritis in my hands has put a crimp on my DiY forays.
In 1997 I moved to Southport and married my wife.
My interests are trains, trams and buses. The buses thing come from me skiving from college during those mixed up days of deregulation, and because being a tram enthusiast is a bit limiting!
I am also a big fan of holiday camps (much maligned), and particularly the recently lost camp in Seaton, Devon. Don't get me started on Tesco's bid for world domination...
I am continually mithering my family for old family images to scan. I started with an old tin of photos that my dad leant me, the contents of which I had never seen until that point, so I assume must have come from his parents and been squirrelled away until recently - hence loads of pictures from West Yorkshire.
So to follow that I did box from my dad of my generations images, I am youngest so many from before I was born. These cover more of the globe, but still end up back in the North of England! New images I have never seen appear from time to time from my late mothers 'archive' (hah ha) and I add these occasionally.
Another set of great interest was an album kept by my dad during his time in the navy and these are being added next. (see my pictures labelled 'sm navy xxx)
I love spending hours creating new 'pools' or 'groups', usually very specific to geography or content as I find many groups on here very big - indeed too big to serve there original purpose.
Other interests often seen in my pics are my Volvo 300s, my wife's Land Rover and Triumph Spitfire are kept semi-mobile too while she is long-term poorly, and I love Christmas.
- Class 504 Preservation Group (Official) 52 photos, 9 members
- Defunct: Devon & Cornwall Tourist Attractions 339 photos, 9 members
- heritage trams in blackpool 603 photos, 15 members
- MUSEUM OF MEMORIES 4,417 photos, 351 members
- Open Top Buses in the UK 6,247 photos, 241 members
- Beer, Devon 869 photos, 112 members
- Bury Depot Buses 885 photos, 38 members
- Buses in Bury 414 photos, 11 members
- Lancashire Buses 20,632 photos, 121 members
- Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire 14,415 photos, 155 members
- Plaxton Paramount Coaches 1,482 photos, 169 members
- Rail UK: Southport- Manchester Line 329 photos, 16 members
- Rail UK - Preston to Southport line 26 photos, 4 members
- Bus UK - Northern Counties Palatine 7,000 photos, 157 members
- Buses of: WNOC, Mercedes L608D 96 photos, 13 members
- Buses in: East Devon 1,813 photos, 8 members
- Holiday camp UK - Primrose Valley, Filey 12 photos, 3 members
- Buses of: Bakers Dolphin 277 photos, 12 members
- Rail Station UK - Abergele and Pensarn 311 photos, 12 members
- Trams of: Salford Corporation 5 photos, 1 member
- Trams of: Blackpool, Centenary class 626 photos, 19 members
- Holiday camp UK - Nodes Point, IoW 15 photos, 3 members
- Buses in: Keswick 12 photos, 1 member
- Buses in: Ambleside 50 photos, 3 members
- Road UK: M62 Motorway services 21 photos, 1 member
- Trams of: Electric Railway & Tramway Carriage Works manufacture 8 photos, 1 member
- Trams of: United Electric Car co manufacture 18 photos, 1 member
- Pleasureland Remembered 48 photos, 12 members
- Volvo UK dealerships old and new 17 photos, 2 members
- Decaying Amusement and Theme Parks 4,123 photos, 475 members
- RIP Camelot, Charnock Richard 102 photos, 12 members
- Buses of: Shearings 2015 livery 272 photos, 28 members
- Rail Station UK - St Annes on Sea 24 photos, 2 members
- Rail Station UK - Lytham 28 photos, 3 members
- Crich 1991 Transport Gathering exhibits 55 photos, 2 members
- Crich 1990 Transport Gathering exhibit 72 photos, 2 members
- Crich 1989 Transport Gathering exhibits 76 photos, 2 members
- Crich 1988 Transport Extravaganza exhibits 69 photos, 4 members
- Warner Leisure Hotels 1,029 photos, 112 members
- Fleetwood Tram Sunday 1992 107 photos, 4 members
- Liverpool, Ormskirk and Preston Railway 1,005 photos, 48 members
- Trams at: NELSAM, Sunderland 78 photos, 13 members
- Holiday Camp UK - Pakefield, Lowestoft (Pontins) 14 photos, 1 member
- Trams of: Blackpool, OMO class 264 photos, 17 members
- Buses in: Axminster, Devon 196 photos, 4 members
- Rail Station UK - Honiton, Devon 48 photos, 4 members
- Buses in: Honiton, Devon 78 photos, 10 members
- Buses in: Budleigh Salterton, Devon 97 photos, 14 members
- Buses in: Sidmouth, Devon 252 photos, 10 members
- Days out... Conwy Valley Railway Museum, Betws-y-Coed 167 photos, 16 members
robsue888 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Bury, Lancashire
- I am:
- Male and Taken