Birder/naturalist living part of the year at Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.
Across the road is a northern decidous forest, the cottage is in a pine/oak savanah and then dune habitat to the lake shore about 300 ft away.
Great mix of forest birds, edge species, gulls and waterfowl.
I am basically a point and shoot type. Sometimes I use a basic photo program to crop a picture and perhaps adjust brightness. Other than that, what you see is what you get.
All we have available for internet is a no-speed dial up, so I look but don't always have the patience to comment, but I do look.
My archived photos in widescreen www.flickr.com/photos/ricmcarthur/archives/date
Photos of ricmcarthur (1)
- Bird Year 43 photos, 24 members
- the world's photography 165,056 photos, 5,523 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 452,045 photos, 12,123 members
- Project Weather 645,446 photos, 92,181 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 65,531 photos, 822 members
- Photographers aged 50 + 151,446 photos, 920 members
- ~ Wonderful World of Wildlife ~ 227,701 photos, 4,282 members
- From the Airplane Window 24,399 photos, 3,687 members
- Burdr 91,152 photos, 991 members
- Photographing Birds 107,095 photos, 1,997 members
- Audubon magazine 147,389 photos, 1,571 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 104,802 photos, 1,565 members
- Wild Birds of North America 65,031 photos, 980 members
- Birding In The Wild 485,534 photos, 15,061 members
- Bird Watchers 166,365 photos, 2,293 members
- Nature and Wildlife! 11,804 photos, 213 members
- Birdshare 380,857 photos, 7,090 members
- The Nature Conservancy 908,515 photos, 40,211 members
- Funny signs 14,677 photos, 2,097 members
- Earth - Home 67,332 photos, 2,575 members
- Birds Photos 1,998,796 photos, 70,308 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,988 photos, 1,807 members
- Fantastic Bird shots 5,360 photos, 504 members
- Signs of theTimes ©®™ (Sign Pictures) 62,685 photos, 5,997 members
- Quirky Stuff ! 41,889 photos, 1,738 members
- Off With His Head 172 photos, 141 members
- Raccoons Skunks & Squirrels 3,670 photos, 478 members
- Flickr's Cats 48,700 photos, 2,269 members
- Birdhouses and Birdfeeders 6,615 photos, 1,224 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 181,621 photos, 10,048 members
- "Bird Brained" 262,139 photos, 5,395 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism *OPEN* 4,029,802 photos, 112,620 members
- Wild Herps 25,857 photos, 760 members
- Your "Postcard" Shot 693,565 photos, 18,848 members
- Wildlife Photography 738,804 photos, 18,952 members
- Ontario Wildlife 26,687 photos, 530 members
- Drive By Shooting! 67,281 photos, 3,394 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 1,303,059 photos, 41,285 members
- Animal Planet 863,647 photos, 69,561 members
- Full of colors 226,797 photos, 6,637 members
- Best Viewed Large 125,497 photos, 3,736 members
- BIRDPIX (3/day) 91,209 photos, 1,067 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 420,116 photos, 12,377 members
- Walking In Nature 175,765 photos, 6,706 members
- Animal Closeups 307,144 photos, 14,815 members
- It Makes Me Smile 54,345 photos, 1,887 members
- Paraskevidekatriaphobia 7 photos, 8 members
- Nature Nuts! 144,151 photos, 3,194 members
- Bird Fanatics! (No Limits) 855,069 photos, 19,008 members
- Humor 40,612 photos, 2,975 members
mr moor says:
"Ric is one of my all time favorites here in Flickrland. I can't remember how and when we bumped into eachother but I am glad that we did because from that moment on my days begin with a smile and sometimes I'm rolling on the floor from laughter. Ric has a great sense of humor and knows how to keep his audience amused with his unique finds and keeps us sharp by the way he looks at the world around him. He is a master in finding the seemingly harmless errors in our dayly life.
His pictures of wild life on Rondeau are simply beautiful, I always enjoy Ric's reports of his boating trips with his wife Anne.
Besides a good photographer Ric is a very loyal friend to his contacts, he is always interested in his fellow flickrians work and his comments are to the point and whitty.
Ric is one of those people that makes spending time on flickr a wonderful experience:-)"
February 25th, 2007
"Met Ric McArthur, by a long, devious, internet, route and loved his quirky sense of humour. Finally met him and his wife, Anne, this year (2006) at Rondeau Provincial Park, where they are both active members of ' Friends of Rondeau'. Ric's eye for a title for his pictures, constantly surprises (and amuses) me and I dearly wish I could think of appropriate and humourous titles (and replies) the way he does.
They live very close to the wildlife of the park and Ric always seems to manage that great shot, which others pass by. Despite his obvious ability he is not a pain and is actually a quiet guy who just loves wildlife and recording it in his own way. If you see a really big guy, with a camera, in Rondeau PP and he's not drawing attention to himself - you've found Ric!"
October 24th, 2006
- Ric McArthur
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog