Birder/naturalist living part of the year at Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.
Across the road is a northern decidous forest, the cottage is in a pine/oak savanah and then dune habitat to the lake shore about 300 ft away.
Great mix of forest birds, edge species, gulls and waterfowl.
I am basically a point and shoot type. Sometimes I use a basic photo program to crop a picture and perhaps adjust brightness. Other than that, what you see is what you get.
All we have available for internet is a no-speed dial up, so I look but don't always have the patience to comment, but I do look.
My archived photos in widescreen www.flickr.com/photos/ricmcarthur/archives/date
Photos of ricmcarthur (1)
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 335,164 photos, 9,896 members
- Project Weather 478,014 photos, 77,525 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 51,147 photos, 752 members
- Photographers aged 50 + 90,014 photos, 613 members
- ~ Wonderful World of Wildlife ~ 132,389 photos, 3,347 members
- From the Airplane Window 22,110 photos, 3,506 members
- Aeroplane: In Flight 29,215 photos, 3,477 members
- Burdr 82,777 photos, 955 members
- Photographing Birds 77,473 photos, 1,549 members
- Audubon magazine 96,627 photos, 1,212 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 60,850 photos, 1,062 members
- Wild Birds of North America 39,521 photos, 696 members
- Birding In The Wild 372,560 photos, 12,701 members
- Bird Watchers 125,208 photos, 1,911 members
- Nature and Wildlife! 7,522 photos, 147 members
- Birdshare 287,177 photos, 5,818 members
- The X Project (for the quirky, the unusual and the plain weird) 369 photos, 45 members
- Henry's Photo Club 64,407 photos, 2,362 members
- The Nature Conservancy 771,290 photos, 38,290 members
- Funny signs 14,376 photos, 2,069 members
- 1 ONLY ONE PHOTO - SOLO UNA FOTO 2,235 photos, 1,425 members
- Earth - Home 60,840 photos, 2,519 members
- Birds Photos 1,673,837 photos, 62,579 members
- LOL CATS -INVITED PHOTOS ONLY! 19,983 photos, 7,816 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,720 photos, 1,805 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 306,373 photos, 39,481 members
- Fantastic Bird shots 5,315 photos, 487 members
- Signs of theTimes ©®™ (Sign Pictures) 62,305 photos, 5,970 members
- Quirky Stuff ! 39,991 photos, 1,716 members
- Off With His Head 171 photos, 141 members
- a monarch for mon@rch!! 2,622 photos, 454 members
- Raccoons Skunks & Squirrels 3,635 photos, 465 members
- Flickr's Cats 46,322 photos, 2,210 members
- Birdhouses and Birdfeeders 6,411 photos, 1,196 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 151,616 photos, 9,308 members
- "Bird Brained" 217,502 photos, 4,808 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 3,735,769 photos, 105,967 members
- Dog Expressions 315,273 photos, 29,698 members
- Wild Herps 21,760 photos, 660 members
- 'It's multi-colored!!!' 254,661 photos, 9,192 members
- Your "Postcard" Shot 538,817 photos, 16,336 members
- Wildlife Photography 597,087 photos, 16,658 members
- Ontario Wildlife 22,793 photos, 478 members
- !Drive By Shooting 64,265 photos, 3,363 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 819,092 photos, 22,689 members
- Feathery Friday! ***Contests Suspended*** 36,574 photos, 2,004 members
- Mel Fan Club 1,912 photos, 99 members
- Animal Planet 774,505 photos, 64,871 members
- Full of colors 192,896 photos, 6,197 members
- Best Viewed Large 125,760 photos, 3,730 members
mr moor says:
"Ric is one of my all time favorites here in Flickrland. I can't remember how and when we bumped into eachother but I am glad that we did because from that moment on my days begin with a smile and sometimes I'm rolling on the floor from laughter. Ric has a great sense of humor and knows how to keep his audience amused with his unique finds and keeps us sharp by the way he looks at the world around him. He is a master in finding the seemingly harmless errors in our dayly life.
His pictures of wild life on Rondeau are simply beautiful, I always enjoy Ric's reports of his boating trips with his wife Anne.
Besides a good photographer Ric is a very loyal friend to his contacts, he is always interested in his fellow flickrians work and his comments are to the point and whitty.
Ric is one of those people that makes spending time on flickr a wonderful experience:-)"
February 25th, 2007
"Met Ric McArthur, by a long, devious, internet, route and loved his quirky sense of humour. Finally met him and his wife, Anne, this year (2006) at Rondeau Provincial Park, where they are both active members of ' Friends of Rondeau'. Ric's eye for a title for his pictures, constantly surprises (and amuses) me and I dearly wish I could think of appropriate and humourous titles (and replies) the way he does.
They live very close to the wildlife of the park and Ric always seems to manage that great shot, which others pass by. Despite his obvious ability he is not a pain and is actually a quiet guy who just loves wildlife and recording it in his own way. If you see a really big guy, with a camera, in Rondeau PP and he's not drawing attention to himself - you've found Ric!"
October 24th, 2006
- Ric McArthur
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog