Birder/naturalist living part of the year at Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.
Across the road is a northern decidous forest, the cottage is in a pine/oak savanah and then dune habitat to the lake shore about 300 ft away.
Great mix of forest birds, edge species, gulls and waterfowl.
I am basically a point and shoot type. Sometimes I use a basic photo program to crop a picture and perhaps adjust brightness. Other than that, what you see is what you get.
All we have available for internet is a no-speed dial up, so I look but don't always have the patience to comment, but I do look.
My archived photos in widescreen www.flickr.com/photos/ricmcarthur/archives/date
Photos of ricmcarthur (1)
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 320,300 photos, 9,621 members
- Project Weather 405,825 photos, 72,807 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 47,842 photos, 719 members
- Photographers aged 50 + 81,155 photos, 559 members
- ~ Wonderful World of Wildlife ~ 118,942 photos, 3,151 members
- From the Airplane Window 21,811 photos, 3,482 members
- Aeroplane: In Flight 29,130 photos, 3,458 members
- Burdr 81,095 photos, 944 members
- Photographing Birds 73,501 photos, 1,487 members
- Audubon magazine 89,495 photos, 1,148 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 54,878 photos, 961 members
- Wild Birds of North America 35,372 photos, 638 members
- Birding In The Wild 353,421 photos, 12,315 members
- Bird Watchers 119,038 photos, 1,851 members
- Nature and Wildlife! 7,005 photos, 134 members
- Birdshare 271,133 photos, 5,605 members
- The X Project (for the quirky, the unusual and the plain weird) 370 photos, 46 members
- Henry's Photo Club 62,630 photos, 2,350 members
- The Nature Conservancy 750,490 photos, 37,914 members
- Funny signs 14,271 photos, 2,069 members
- 1 ONLY ONE PHOTO - SOLO UNA FOTO 2,246 photos, 1,424 members
- Earth - Home 61,747 photos, 2,513 members
- Birds Photos 1,614,853 photos, 60,912 members
- LOL CATS -INVITED PHOTOS ONLY! 19,941 photos, 7,819 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,817 photos, 1,807 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 305,488 photos, 39,456 members
- Fantastic Bird shots 5,343 photos, 488 members
- Signs of theTimes ©®™ (Sign Pictures) 62,078 photos, 5,959 members
- Quirky Stuff ! 39,666 photos, 1,708 members
- Off With His Head 172 photos, 141 members
- a monarch for mon@rch!! 2,618 photos, 455 members
- Raccoons Skunks & Squirrels 3,614 photos, 462 members
- Flickr's Cats 45,971 photos, 2,189 members
- Birdhouses and Birdfeeders 6,394 photos, 1,193 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 147,151 photos, 9,217 members
- "Bird Brained" 210,707 photos, 4,712 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism Wednesdays **OPEN** 3,690,669 photos, 104,946 members
- Dog Expressions 312,053 photos, 29,532 members
- Wild Herps 21,266 photos, 643 members
- 'It's multi-colored!!!' 252,351 photos, 9,175 members
- Your "Postcard" Shot 521,036 photos, 15,923 members
- Wildlife Photography 576,227 photos, 16,253 members
- Ontario Wildlife 22,169 photos, 468 members
- !Drive By Shooting 63,285 photos, 3,354 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 779,339 photos, 20,054 members
- Feathery Friday! ***Contests Suspended*** 36,461 photos, 2,009 members
- Mel Fan Club 1,912 photos, 99 members
- Animal Planet 762,633 photos, 64,052 members
- Full of colors 189,249 photos, 6,130 members
- Best Viewed Large 125,414 photos, 3,729 members
mr moor says:
"Ric is one of my all time favorites here in Flickrland. I can't remember how and when we bumped into eachother but I am glad that we did because from that moment on my days begin with a smile and sometimes I'm rolling on the floor from laughter. Ric has a great sense of humor and knows how to keep his audience amused with his unique finds and keeps us sharp by the way he looks at the world around him. He is a master in finding the seemingly harmless errors in our dayly life.
His pictures of wild life on Rondeau are simply beautiful, I always enjoy Ric's reports of his boating trips with his wife Anne.
Besides a good photographer Ric is a very loyal friend to his contacts, he is always interested in his fellow flickrians work and his comments are to the point and whitty.
Ric is one of those people that makes spending time on flickr a wonderful experience:-)"
February 25th, 2007
"Met Ric McArthur, by a long, devious, internet, route and loved his quirky sense of humour. Finally met him and his wife, Anne, this year (2006) at Rondeau Provincial Park, where they are both active members of ' Friends of Rondeau'. Ric's eye for a title for his pictures, constantly surprises (and amuses) me and I dearly wish I could think of appropriate and humourous titles (and replies) the way he does.
They live very close to the wildlife of the park and Ric always seems to manage that great shot, which others pass by. Despite his obvious ability he is not a pain and is actually a quiet guy who just loves wildlife and recording it in his own way. If you see a really big guy, with a camera, in Rondeau PP and he's not drawing attention to himself - you've found Ric!"
October 24th, 2006
- Ric McArthur
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog