Birder/naturalist living part of the year at Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.
Across the road is a northern decidous forest, the cottage is in a pine/oak savanah and then dune habitat to the lake shore about 300 ft away.
Great mix of forest birds, edge species, gulls and waterfowl.
I am basically a point and shoot type. Sometimes I use a basic photo program to crop a picture and perhaps adjust brightness. Other than that, what you see is what you get.
All we have available for internet is a no-speed dial up, so I look but don't always have the patience to comment, but I do look.
My archived photos in widescreen www.flickr.com/photos/ricmcarthur/archives/date
Photos of ricmcarthur (1)
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 328,503 photos, 9,766 members
- Project Weather 444,241 photos, 75,849 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 49,824 photos, 738 members
- Photographers aged 50 + 85,942 photos, 585 members
- ~ Wonderful World of Wildlife ~ 126,821 photos, 3,260 members
- From the Airplane Window 21,985 photos, 3,493 members
- Aeroplane: In Flight 29,180 photos, 3,465 members
- Burdr 81,963 photos, 948 members
- Photographing Birds 75,763 photos, 1,529 members
- Audubon magazine 93,562 photos, 1,186 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 58,094 photos, 1,014 members
- Wild Birds of North America 37,799 photos, 678 members
- Birding In The Wild 364,130 photos, 12,548 members
- Bird Watchers 122,224 photos, 1,882 members
- Nature and Wildlife! 7,275 photos, 140 members
- Birdshare 281,292 photos, 5,734 members
- The X Project (for the quirky, the unusual and the plain weird) 367 photos, 45 members
- Henry's Photo Club 63,561 photos, 2,353 members
- The Nature Conservancy 762,374 photos, 38,129 members
- Funny signs 14,326 photos, 2,068 members
- 1 ONLY ONE PHOTO - SOLO UNA FOTO 2,234 photos, 1,423 members
- Earth - Home 62,361 photos, 2,519 members
- Birds Photos 1,648,160 photos, 61,881 members
- LOL CATS -INVITED PHOTOS ONLY! 19,963 photos, 7,820 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,876 photos, 1,807 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 306,182 photos, 39,471 members
- Fantastic Bird shots 5,349 photos, 487 members
- Signs of theTimes ©®™ (Sign Pictures) 62,200 photos, 5,969 members
- Quirky Stuff ! 39,859 photos, 1,711 members
- Off With His Head 171 photos, 141 members
- a monarch for mon@rch!! 2,620 photos, 455 members
- Raccoons Skunks & Squirrels 3,627 photos, 464 members
- Flickr's Cats 46,168 photos, 2,198 members
- Birdhouses and Birdfeeders 6,408 photos, 1,196 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 149,610 photos, 9,268 members
- "Bird Brained" 214,749 photos, 4,766 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Street Photography *OPEN* 3,715,525 photos, 105,554 members
- Dog Expressions 314,055 photos, 29,631 members
- Wild Herps 21,491 photos, 650 members
- 'It's multi-colored!!!' 253,595 photos, 9,179 members
- Your "Postcard" Shot 532,400 photos, 16,172 members
- Wildlife Photography 587,883 photos, 16,477 members
- Ontario Wildlife 22,478 photos, 476 members
- !Drive By Shooting 63,863 photos, 3,360 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 798,502 photos, 21,236 members
- Feathery Friday! ***Contests Suspended*** 36,566 photos, 2,007 members
- Mel Fan Club 1,912 photos, 99 members
- Animal Planet 769,531 photos, 64,510 members
- Full of colors 191,235 photos, 6,172 members
- Best Viewed Large 125,610 photos, 3,731 members
mr moor says:
"Ric is one of my all time favorites here in Flickrland. I can't remember how and when we bumped into eachother but I am glad that we did because from that moment on my days begin with a smile and sometimes I'm rolling on the floor from laughter. Ric has a great sense of humor and knows how to keep his audience amused with his unique finds and keeps us sharp by the way he looks at the world around him. He is a master in finding the seemingly harmless errors in our dayly life.
His pictures of wild life on Rondeau are simply beautiful, I always enjoy Ric's reports of his boating trips with his wife Anne.
Besides a good photographer Ric is a very loyal friend to his contacts, he is always interested in his fellow flickrians work and his comments are to the point and whitty.
Ric is one of those people that makes spending time on flickr a wonderful experience:-)"
February 25th, 2007
"Met Ric McArthur, by a long, devious, internet, route and loved his quirky sense of humour. Finally met him and his wife, Anne, this year (2006) at Rondeau Provincial Park, where they are both active members of ' Friends of Rondeau'. Ric's eye for a title for his pictures, constantly surprises (and amuses) me and I dearly wish I could think of appropriate and humourous titles (and replies) the way he does.
They live very close to the wildlife of the park and Ric always seems to manage that great shot, which others pass by. Despite his obvious ability he is not a pain and is actually a quiet guy who just loves wildlife and recording it in his own way. If you see a really big guy, with a camera, in Rondeau PP and he's not drawing attention to himself - you've found Ric!"
October 24th, 2006
- Ric McArthur
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog