"Every photograph captures some kind of beauty, mood or emotion. A lot of photographers do this much better than me, but I keep trying," - I said that.
A few times I actually post a photo that others like.
And a few times I post photos that nobody likes.
Most of the time I post photos I like.
I love to jack around.
- Lifts 298 photos, 107 members
- Centre of Attention 898 photos, 61 members
- The Art of Brew 219 photos, 64 members
- This is my shadow 1,188 photos, 376 members
- Stop Signs 852 photos, 309 members
- Happy Mistakes! 1,391 photos, 460 members
- Plants, Plants, Plants, Plants, and more Plants. 14,757 photos, 614 members
- COLOUR IS POWER 618 photos, 33 members
- Superlatives 540 photos, 98 members
- Fruit & Veggie Jewelry 19 photos, 9 members
- corners 3,118 photos, 319 members
- Musical Pictures 185 photos, 44 members
- Things in Threes 3,423 photos, 592 members
- In the Middle of the Road 81 photos, 18 members
- artificial lighting 2,306 photos, 203 members
- minimally regulated minimalists 17,113 photos, 822 members
- Teddybear fun 45 photos, 10 members
- One Beer Cap 591 photos, 64 members
- White-Out Effect 465 photos, 129 members
- You as Frida Kahlo (photography only) 247 photos, 175 members
- Start looking up! 381 photos, 37 members
- The Creative Camera 18,522 photos, 718 members
- Monday Smile :-) 2,021 photos, 255 members
- Empty stuff 1,984 photos, 150 members
- Currently Listening To 238 photos, 109 members
- Pin collectors 4,954 photos, 461 members
- Doll Heads 1,132 photos, 209 members
- window reflections 13,026 photos, 1,216 members
- Battered Beauty 8,331 photos, 206 members
- Inanimate Romance 371 photos, 171 members
- I Hold in my Hand 921 photos, 86 members
- Matchpoint Challenges 9,281 photos, 954 members
- Circles 1,904 photos, 151 members
- Hair Photography 8,323 photos, 751 members
- Wet Reflections 265,630 photos, 21,263 members
- Down is up 257 photos, 37 members
- Rust Glorious Rust 818 photos, 47 members
- Organization is for Squares 1,031 photos, 913 members
- facing away 2,357 photos, 290 members
- The LUNARtics 3,048 photos, 283 members
- why, why, why? 172 photos, 36 members
- My Gratitude Journal 1,017 photos, 152 members
- Still Life (BREATHING) 3,759 photos, 399 members
- Mayo 3,693 photos, 228 members
- colour clash collective 349 photos, 28 members
- Burnt (NO FIRE) 92 photos, 30 members
- Creatures of the Mind 36,365 photos, 1,421 members
- What's in your pantry? 63 photos, 37 members
- Stuff on the Floor 78 photos, 20 members
- What are you Drinking? 1,389 photos, 198 members
"Well, if you've got this far through Ricko's list of testimonials, you've probably already got the idea. Ricko without a doubt has one of the most original photostreams on Flickr. At first you won't get it. Then you'll think WTF? Then, inexorably, you'll fall down the rabbit hole of his vision. The man is a maestro with gherkins. Did you know gherkins are addictive? Seriously!"
February 7th, 2016
no longer uploading says:
"Ricko is a very rare case of photographer, one that combines sensitivity with an anarchic sense of humor."
October 26th, 2013
"Quirky, sometimes disturbing, always interesting. I've learned more about how to photograph a pickle from Ricko than any other photographer, living or dead.
Thank you for making my day every time I browse your stream."
May 29th, 2013
`miRЯim ☮ says:
"Undeniable, unsurpassable... Unstoppable!
ricko is my Guru."
April 10th, 2012
Studio d'Xavier says:
"Tired of the usual on flickr? The apocalytptic goth vampire gasmask look alike demo destruction over processed crap? Want fresh? Want uninhibited? New? Not following the beat of any drummer at all?
This is the right place. This is the future. Fear for the children."
March 5th, 2012
Mind Meld says:
"ricko is a new found fabulous Flickr friend! *Now say that three times fast! GO!...........
Seriously, I'm enjoying browsing through his stream and realizing how his creativity and sense of humor are perfectly blended to elicit a smile. I'm already certain he will continue to surprise me with more hidden talents.
Take a look around his stream. I'm sure you will enjoy the trip."
December 19th, 2011
" Big Rick makes Laying down look easy ."
November 21st, 2011
Alexis Gerard says:
"Ricko's work, from his hilarious assemblages and ego-free self-portraits to his wonderful landscapes and urban-scapes, is a breath of fresh air. But not just any air, it's the caviar of air. You're not going to find a more wonderful combination of excellent and unpretentious anywhere. If you're having a bad day, looking at Ricko's work will turn it around. If you're having a good day, it'll get better. I'm just saying: don't miss out on it."
August 4th, 2011
"One of the most inventive people behind a camera that I know. I have learned some things about perspective from visiting his pictures. It is good to know you Rick."
May 24th, 2011
"Ricko is like the chicken to my egg. Yes, that makes no sense but neither does he. Which is why I adore him. his photoes are awesome, and at times humorous and he has been a great pal in many groups.
Renaissance man, for real!"
May 7th, 2011
"ricko offers me every day a big smile and a very important lesson: Not to be afraid to pass the limit. I hope that some day I will learn my lesson. In any case, I thank him deeply for supporting me while trying :-)"
April 13th, 2011
"Ricko is the perfect antidote for visual overload brought on by too much of: "eye candy," narcissistic self portraits, cute animal shots, flower closeups, darling kiddie pics, etc. etc.
What a guy!"
December 6th, 2010
Mig Bardsley says:
"Lots of people are clever, witty, subtle good photographers. Ricko is just out and out funny. And clever and a brilliant photographer. And a nice guy. You have to love him."
November 17th, 2009
"then i first time find Ricko photos on the Flickr...i laughing 2 days....its craziest photographer I've seen...keep going and make our life little bit cheerful:)"
November 2nd, 2009
Flamin' Mo says:
"ricko's photostream is awesome....he takes things...smushes them up...twists them around...and spits'em out into something that makes you smile..laugh...and think!....photography is supposed to be fun...and ricko's pictures help me do exactly that!!"
August 24th, 2009
Angel La Canfora says:
"Ricko is the coolest Kansan I've ever not met through the Internet. His photos are some of the quirkiest, most imaginative and downright funny I've seen."
May 22nd, 2009
"ricko is completely out of his mind. that's what makes him and his work so good. let's hope he never cuts off his ear for his art, but if he does I'm sure it will make for a smashing photo :)"
March 3rd, 2009
"It's said that he who dies with the most toys, wins. Well then, I have NO shot at winning. Ricko has a wonderful ability to find the fun and joy in everything. That kind of expression of happiness can only come from a deep happiness inside. That means he's already won."
October 3rd, 2008
Jeffrey Guterman says:
"Ricko's creativity lay in his ability to present the ordinary in extraordinary ways with an intentionality that is provocative and inspiring."
September 12th, 2008
"mostly crazy :)"
September 6th, 2008
concerned mine says:
"Quirky, punny, and sensitive shots compete for attention in a lively, intelligent and entertaining photostream. There's a lot to enjoy, observational shots, farcical setups, great family shots, and plenty of art for the serious-minded.
Courteous, cheerful and carnivorous, I can seriously say
August 13th, 2008
"Rick is a brilliant photographer disguised as a mad man. He will photograph the most gorgeous landscape you will see, and then turn around and grab a shot of a toy Elvis dancing with the lunch lady. And trust me, you'll appreciate each of them for the brilliance that created them. Wild, diverse, amazing... I look forward to checking in on him every day.
Rick is the man!"
August 10th, 2008
Robin Thom says:
"Rick is Flickr friend and a better photographer than me.
Unfortunately he is a desperate and deeply disturbed man
trying to balance the onslaught of love
from a devoted family
with a long suppressed Juvenile Toy Trauma.
JTT have allowed him to dominate me in The Unsafe.
Please send him money,
or if you must,
July 31st, 2008
"..........and with an amazing collection of stamps to win friends and influence his uncle; with no attempts to shovel a glimpse into the ditch of what each one means.
A nice new Friend too~Thanks!"
July 17th, 2008
"Flickr's funnest photog!
The man is brilliant."
July 15th, 2008
"I often find myself drawn to Ricko's stream when I am in need of a bit of cheering up. He has some of the funnest (yes I mean funnest) shots on Flickr. Along with his amazing ability to amuse, is some shots that are absolutely breathtaking!"
June 20th, 2008
dr ama says:
"A very talented photographer with a good eye for light & detail
Talking about the lighter side, his shots are second to none, show off his humorous approach to life & his unique perspectives"
February 18th, 2008
"When I grow up I want to be just like Ricko! His pictures make me see the world from a new perspective and never fail to put a smile on my face. =D See? I'm smiling now!"
January 14th, 2008
Lumberg the MIA Llama says:
"Rick has a great eye for the odd & different. His shots show imagination and contain a great cross section of Americana."
December 30th, 2007
I have never have a chance to meet him without the internet & www.flickr.com
He is a very kind & loving personality online. There is alots of bad experiences people have. But Rick is a great example of wanting to make Internet community trusted & honest place to network.
His images are great & he is great to help me in a few of my groups as the co-admin.
I appreciate your everything my friend...."
March 30th, 2006
NATTY H says:
"Ricko has such a keen eye for quality photo opportunities. I think his photos are as cool as a cucumber!"
May 13th, 2005
- Rick Hebenstreit
- February 2005
- St. Louis, Mo.
- Shawnee, Ks., USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken