I was told I needed a profile...so here goes.
in no particular order:
40+1 (or more)
What I'm shooting with
All photos ©RhondaMcElroy. All Rights reserved.
Important (to me) stuff
www.wm3.org Website of the West Memphis three.
www.nakia.net Nakia Reynoso, an amazing musician and a flickrite too! Show him some love and buy a cd.
This year's Christmas card
- #Flickr10 Global Photo Walks 16 photos, 625 members
- CNN iReport 13,230 photos, 1,020 members
- Reveal Your Detroit 705 photos, 134 members
- PicMonkey 32,299 photos, 1,908 members
- March Photo Challenge 2012 177 photos, 20 members
- 100 Reasons You Should Smile- The Book Project 1,031 photos, 314 members
- 52 Weeks in DETROIT. 81 photos, 17 members
- A Brighter Detroit 2,457 photos, 135 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,262 photos, 1,304 members
- Holgaroid 4,975 photos, 1,335 members
- Self-Portraits! 484,223 photos, 44,925 members
- Michigan 365 2,782 photos, 23 members
- The I am Beautiful Project. 209 photos, 569 members
- Words on Skin 2,679 photos, 2,278 members
- PhotoWalk:Michigan 67 photos, 9 members
- 365:A Daily Photo Journal 2,706 photos, 48 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 90,313 photos, 12,200 members
- fuck you friday 176 photos, 76 members
- 365 Days 1,021,812 photos, 21,531 members
- Polaroid Transfers 4,773 photos, 1,916 members
- Canon Powershot G12 47,221 photos, 2,484 members
- Perú Travel & Living 10,943 photos, 420 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 120,587 photos, 8,334 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 26,078 photos, 2,187 members
- Bangkok 66,683 photos, 3,801 members
- Soratama 224 photos, 49 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,653 photos, 1,840 members
- Exposure.Detroit at The Woodbridge Pub 7 photos, 22 members
- the (troubled) life and times of Gassy 131 photos, 29 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Woodward:Mile by Mile 226 photos, 56 members
- Inside/Out 289 photos, 38 members
- Curacao 5,956 photos, 378 members
- Michigan Business Photos 75 photos, 40 members
- Banksy? 218 photos, 180 members
- Banksy 23,975 photos, 21,325 members
- Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) 29,518 photos, 2,286 members
- Crystal Ball Photography 3,356 photos, 558 members
- re:focus Michigan 202 photos, 48 members
- FestiFools 1,970 photos, 96 members
- Metro Times 7,385 photos, 265 members
- happy beardos - the I Made You A Beard pool 23 photos, 26 members
- Light Junkies 95,206 photos, 14,258 members
- Trans Allegheny Lunatic Aslyum 1,095 photos, 64 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,652 photos, 103,450 members
- Fujifilm Instax Room 35,662 photos, 7,142 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 8,735 photos, 2,061 members
- Downriver 155 photos, 45 members
- Gocco 7,677 photos, 3,851 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Detroit Exposed - Aug 7th 2009 35 photos, 21 members
- DCist Photos 151,572 photos, 4,343 members
"rhonda... rhonda... rhonda. what can i say about this marvelous woman to do her justice? i'm afraid i can't, it's just not possible. if you're lucky enough to get to know her, you will quickly learn that her tough exterior is used to camouflage her huge heart of gold! check out her photos, get to know her if you can, and enjoy the amazing world she creates. xo"
27th July, 2009
The Flooz says:
"Rhonda makes me laugh
She's a force to be reckoned with
and i love her for it
Her peektchurs are so kick ass, sometimes i don't believe she took them!
hahahahaha i kid i kid :)
First rate photographer and all around cool chick"
7th August, 2008
"As was about to write this testimonial I realized at the last second that the link I was reaching for was actually "Block this user"! I think that would have conveyed a message decidedly different from my intention. :-)
Anyway, what can I say about Rhonda that hasn't already been laid out in explicit detail in the police report?
OK, just kidding again. :-)
Seriously, Rhonda, your outgoing and witty personality comes across loud and clear in your photography. I am very impressed with your portrait work particularly. You obviously have a way putting a subject at such ease that you are able to bring their personal warmth across in the picture. I point your wonderful capture of my son as the best, but no the only, example of this. Believe me, the way he sat there and posed for you is unusual to say the least.
Keep up the good work and thanks.
24th March, 2008
Buzz Click Photography says:
"Rhonda's passion for adventure is evident through her photography. Any random day will find a new subject in her photostream... totally different form whatever she was shooting just 24 hours prior. Her photographic vision inspires me to see the beauty of my surroundings and to appreciate what may have previously seemed ordinary. In the raw, Rho has an eye for the street, whether it's abandoned buildings or the weather or people, she captures what often passes us by. I know this because I've done many photo safaris with her and come home to be surprised at how much more she captures during a walk down the same street. She has a better attention to detail than most.
And her attitude? It's as beautifully rotten as it is silly. A photo shoot isn't the same without her - I love her sarcastic smart-ass exterior and caring, genuine interior. There's not many grrls who can keep my ego in check like Rhonda!"
23rd March, 2008
Clearly, one of the most talented photographers I know. She sees the world in a unique way and captures things through her camera(s) that many could only dream of.
Deep, yet light-hearted, sarcastic yet whimsical, powerful, honest and gritty are some words that come to mind when I think of her work and personality. Rhonda’s work truly reflects her unique perspective on the world. With a strong sense of composition, color and value, paired with her desire to capture interesting, non-traditional subject matter, Rhonda’s photography pulls the viewer in.
She is constantly evolving and incorporating new styles, effects, formats, which makes her work even more exciting. One never knows what she is going to come up with next. I am pleased to know her as a photographer and to continually gain inspiration from her. I am even more honored to call her a friend."
2nd October, 2007
- March 2006
- Detroit, Michigan
- Siem Reap, Cambodia
- former worker bee