I was told I needed a profile...so here goes.
in no particular order:
40+1 (or more)
What I'm shooting with
All photos ©RhondaMcElroy. All Rights reserved.
Important (to me) stuff
www.wm3.org Website of the West Memphis three.
www.nakia.net Nakia Reynoso, an amazing musician and a flickrite too! Show him some love and buy a cd.
This year's Christmas card
- #Flickr10 7,745 photos, 2,901 members
- Howdy Stranger! Flickr Worldwide Photowalks 10,933 photos, 2,938 members
- CNN iReport 16,762 photos, 1,141 members
- Reveal Your Detroit 612 photos, 137 members
- PicMonkey 47,542 photos, 2,106 members
- March Photo Challenge 2012 172 photos, 19 members
- 100 Reasons You Should Smile- The Book Project 1,068 photos, 308 members
- 52 Weeks in DETROIT. 77 photos, 18 members
- A Brighter Detroit 2,645 photos, 147 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,139 photos, 1,285 members
- Holgaroid 4,923 photos, 1,334 members
- Self-Portraits! 494,431 photos, 46,279 members
- Michigan 365 3,322 photos, 23 members
- The I am Beautiful Project. 203 photos, 569 members
- Words on Skin 2,765 photos, 2,233 members
- PhotoWalk:Michigan 67 photos, 9 members
- 365:A Daily Photo Journal 3,149 photos, 50 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 89,014 photos, 12,102 members
- 365 Days 986,493 photos, 21,662 members
- Polaroid Transfers 4,723 photos, 1,946 members
- Canon Powershot G12 52,538 photos, 2,525 members
- Perú Travel & Living 15,786 photos, 574 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 136,651 photos, 9,178 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 26,026 photos, 2,159 members
- Bangkok 80,327 photos, 4,246 members
- Soratama 247 photos, 61 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,617 photos, 1,814 members
- Exposure.Detroit at The Woodbridge Pub 7 photos, 23 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Woodward:Mile by Mile 222 photos, 56 members
- Inside/Out 289 photos, 38 members
- Curacao 6,482 photos, 411 members
- Michigan Business Photos 75 photos, 41 members
- Banksy? 213 photos, 184 members
- Banksy 23,977 photos, 21,403 members
- Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) 33,093 photos, 2,416 members
- Crystal Ball Photography 4,641 photos, 916 members
- re:focus Michigan 197 photos, 46 members
- FestiFools 1,958 photos, 98 members
- Metro Times 8,302 photos, 273 members
- happy beardos - the I Made You A Beard pool 25 photos, 26 members
- Light Junkies 105,608 photos, 17,149 members
- Trans Allegheny Lunatic Aslyum 1,162 photos, 73 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 415,020 photos, 105,946 members
- Fujifilm Instax Room 39,722 photos, 8,102 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 9,540 photos, 2,232 members
- Downriver 183 photos, 50 members
- Gocco 7,730 photos, 3,851 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Detroit Exposed - Aug 7th 2009 34 photos, 21 members
- DCist Photos 167,626 photos, 4,505 members
- Acting A Fool In Public 1,130 photos, 94 members
"rhonda... rhonda... rhonda. what can i say about this marvelous woman to do her justice? i'm afraid i can't, it's just not possible. if you're lucky enough to get to know her, you will quickly learn that her tough exterior is used to camouflage her huge heart of gold! check out her photos, get to know her if you can, and enjoy the amazing world she creates. xo"
July 27th, 2009
The Flooz says:
"Rhonda makes me laugh
She's a force to be reckoned with
and i love her for it
Her peektchurs are so kick ass, sometimes i don't believe she took them!
hahahahaha i kid i kid :)
First rate photographer and all around cool chick"
August 7th, 2008
"As was about to write this testimonial I realized at the last second that the link I was reaching for was actually "Block this user"! I think that would have conveyed a message decidedly different from my intention. :-)
Anyway, what can I say about Rhonda that hasn't already been laid out in explicit detail in the police report?
OK, just kidding again. :-)
Seriously, Rhonda, your outgoing and witty personality comes across loud and clear in your photography. I am very impressed with your portrait work particularly. You obviously have a way putting a subject at such ease that you are able to bring their personal warmth across in the picture. I point your wonderful capture of my son as the best, but no the only, example of this. Believe me, the way he sat there and posed for you is unusual to say the least.
Keep up the good work and thanks.
March 24th, 2008
Buzz Click Photography says:
"Rhonda's passion for adventure is evident through her photography. Any random day will find a new subject in her photostream... totally different form whatever she was shooting just 24 hours prior. Her photographic vision inspires me to see the beauty of my surroundings and to appreciate what may have previously seemed ordinary. In the raw, Rho has an eye for the street, whether it's abandoned buildings or the weather or people, she captures what often passes us by. I know this because I've done many photo safaris with her and come home to be surprised at how much more she captures during a walk down the same street. She has a better attention to detail than most.
And her attitude? It's as beautifully rotten as it is silly. A photo shoot isn't the same without her - I love her sarcastic smart-ass exterior and caring, genuine interior. There's not many grrls who can keep my ego in check like Rhonda!"
March 23rd, 2008
Clearly, one of the most talented photographers I know. She sees the world in a unique way and captures things through her camera(s) that many could only dream of.
Deep, yet light-hearted, sarcastic yet whimsical, powerful, honest and gritty are some words that come to mind when I think of her work and personality. Rhonda’s work truly reflects her unique perspective on the world. With a strong sense of composition, color and value, paired with her desire to capture interesting, non-traditional subject matter, Rhonda’s photography pulls the viewer in.
She is constantly evolving and incorporating new styles, effects, formats, which makes her work even more exciting. One never knows what she is going to come up with next. I am pleased to know her as a photographer and to continually gain inspiration from her. I am even more honored to call her a friend."
October 2nd, 2007
- March 2006
- Detroit, Michigan
- Siem Reap, Cambodia
- former worker bee