I was told I needed a profile...so here goes.
in no particular order:
40+1 (or more)
What I'm shooting with
All photos ©RhondaMcElroy. All Rights reserved.
Important (to me) stuff
www.wm3.org Website of the West Memphis three.
www.nakia.net Nakia Reynoso, an amazing musician and a flickrite too! Show him some love and buy a cd.
This year's Christmas card
- #Flickr10 7,634 photos, 3,504 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks - Macro 21,398 photos, 4,119 members
- CNN iReport 19,186 photos, 1,182 members
- Reveal Your Detroit 609 photos, 140 members
- PicMonkey 57,449 photos, 2,232 members
- March Photo Challenge 2012 172 photos, 18 members
- 100 Reasons You Should Smile- The Book Project 1,057 photos, 307 members
- 52 Weeks in DETROIT. 77 photos, 18 members
- A Brighter Detroit 2,748 photos, 155 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,109 photos, 1,273 members
- Holgaroid 4,820 photos, 1,328 members
- Self-Portraits! 504,101 photos, 46,920 members
- Michigan 365 3,708 photos, 23 members
- The I am Beautiful Project. 201 photos, 569 members
- Words on Skin 2,854 photos, 2,240 members
- PhotoWalk:Michigan 67 photos, 9 members
- 365:A Daily Photo Journal 3,172 photos, 53 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 88,796 photos, 12,041 members
- 365 Days 979,202 photos, 21,690 members
- Polaroid Transfers 4,839 photos, 1,963 members
- Canon Powershot G12 54,581 photos, 2,526 members
- Perú Travel & Living 19,499 photos, 693 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 145,791 photos, 9,574 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 25,568 photos, 2,142 members
- Bangkok 88,943 photos, 4,491 members
- Soratama 296 photos, 63 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,601 photos, 1,799 members
- Exposure.Detroit at The Woodbridge Pub 7 photos, 23 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Woodward:Mile by Mile 221 photos, 55 members
- Inside/Out 289 photos, 38 members
- Curacao 6,946 photos, 434 members
- Michigan Business Photos 76 photos, 42 members
- Banksy? 212 photos, 185 members
- Banksy 23,677 photos, 21,370 members
- Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) 35,080 photos, 2,449 members
- Crystal Ball Photography 5,316 photos, 1,157 members
- re:focus Michigan 195 photos, 47 members
- FestiFools 1,958 photos, 99 members
- Metro Times 8,826 photos, 284 members
- happy beardos - the I Made You A Beard pool 24 photos, 26 members
- Light Junkies 110,073 photos, 18,420 members
- Trans Allegheny Lunatic Aslyum 1,196 photos, 78 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,606 photos, 105,630 members
- Fujifilm Instax Room 42,011 photos, 8,614 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 10,045 photos, 2,316 members
- Downriver 182 photos, 51 members
- Gocco 7,743 photos, 3,835 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Detroit Exposed - Aug 7th 2009 33 photos, 20 members
- DCist Photos 174,699 photos, 4,572 members
- Acting A Fool In Public 1,127 photos, 94 members
"rhonda... rhonda... rhonda. what can i say about this marvelous woman to do her justice? i'm afraid i can't, it's just not possible. if you're lucky enough to get to know her, you will quickly learn that her tough exterior is used to camouflage her huge heart of gold! check out her photos, get to know her if you can, and enjoy the amazing world she creates. xo"
July 27th, 2009
The Flooz says:
"Rhonda makes me laugh
She's a force to be reckoned with
and i love her for it
Her peektchurs are so kick ass, sometimes i don't believe she took them!
hahahahaha i kid i kid :)
First rate photographer and all around cool chick"
August 7th, 2008
"As was about to write this testimonial I realized at the last second that the link I was reaching for was actually "Block this user"! I think that would have conveyed a message decidedly different from my intention. :-)
Anyway, what can I say about Rhonda that hasn't already been laid out in explicit detail in the police report?
OK, just kidding again. :-)
Seriously, Rhonda, your outgoing and witty personality comes across loud and clear in your photography. I am very impressed with your portrait work particularly. You obviously have a way putting a subject at such ease that you are able to bring their personal warmth across in the picture. I point your wonderful capture of my son as the best, but no the only, example of this. Believe me, the way he sat there and posed for you is unusual to say the least.
Keep up the good work and thanks.
March 24th, 2008
Buzz Click Photography says:
"Rhonda's passion for adventure is evident through her photography. Any random day will find a new subject in her photostream... totally different form whatever she was shooting just 24 hours prior. Her photographic vision inspires me to see the beauty of my surroundings and to appreciate what may have previously seemed ordinary. In the raw, Rho has an eye for the street, whether it's abandoned buildings or the weather or people, she captures what often passes us by. I know this because I've done many photo safaris with her and come home to be surprised at how much more she captures during a walk down the same street. She has a better attention to detail than most.
And her attitude? It's as beautifully rotten as it is silly. A photo shoot isn't the same without her - I love her sarcastic smart-ass exterior and caring, genuine interior. There's not many grrls who can keep my ego in check like Rhonda!"
March 23rd, 2008
Clearly, one of the most talented photographers I know. She sees the world in a unique way and captures things through her camera(s) that many could only dream of.
Deep, yet light-hearted, sarcastic yet whimsical, powerful, honest and gritty are some words that come to mind when I think of her work and personality. Rhonda’s work truly reflects her unique perspective on the world. With a strong sense of composition, color and value, paired with her desire to capture interesting, non-traditional subject matter, Rhonda’s photography pulls the viewer in.
She is constantly evolving and incorporating new styles, effects, formats, which makes her work even more exciting. One never knows what she is going to come up with next. I am pleased to know her as a photographer and to continually gain inspiration from her. I am even more honored to call her a friend."
October 2nd, 2007
- March 2006
- Detroit, Michigan
- Siem Reap, Cambodia
- former worker bee