I am a hobbyist photographer originally from Long Island, New York. In September 2010, I set up a small studio where I began developing my skills in portraiture. In addition, my husband and I own Zion Cycles, a bicycle shop just outside of Zion National Park, in Southwest Utah. We reside in Springdale with our mean Yorkie, Pablo.
Here are some links to my favorites in the field of retouching and photography. I hope you find the information as useful as I have!
Calvin Hollywood - German digital artist and photographer.
I first discovered Calvin when he appeared a a guest poster on Scott Kelby's Blog.
His English DVD training 'Calvinize' is amazing and I credit a lot of my techniques to him. He includes the skin retouching technique learned from Natalia Taffarel in this ‘Calvinize’ training. You can also find his classes offered on Kelby Training as well as his YouTube Channel. Most of his videos on YouTube are in German, but there are some in English as well, and they are worth seeking out!
Guest Blog Post on Scott Kelby’s ‘Photoshop Insider’
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 1 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 2 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 3 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 4 (YouTube)
Joel Grimes - I love Joel Grimes. I devour every word that comes from his mouth. He is such an inspiration and is so generous with his knowledge. [Framed] Network teamed up with Joel and aired weekly videos on the lighting set ups Joel uses to attain his images. There is so much information packed into those 20 minute videos. Joel also has classes offered on Kelby Training and amazing videos on YouTube.
‘Lit Up’ on the [Framed Network]
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Dorion
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Hope Solo
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Lauren
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Aimee
Peter Hurley - You have to experience Peter in action to truly appreciate him and what he has to offer. He will drill home the importance of interacting with the person in front of your camera and he is a true master, so you learn from the best. I love this guy and you will, too!
‘Art Behind The Headshot’ Trailer
Guest Blog Post on Scott Kelby’s ‘Photoshop Insider’
Natalia Taffarel - High end digital retoucher from Argentina. A real pro. I have her DVD, it’s 11.5 hours of advanced beauty retouching techniques. A little over my head, but worth it for the stuff that’s not. This is where I learned how to retouch skin. Her technique is awesome, especially at retaining pore structure.
‘Beauty and Hair Retouching High End Techniques’ DVD
Sue Bryce - What can I say about Sue Bryce. Watch her on CreativeLIVE and see for yourself. A master at posing, she transforms average Janes into supermodels before your eyes, with just a simple pose. If only I could remember to apply a fraction of the advice I’ve learned from her...
‘Glamour Photography’ Course on CreativeLIVE
‘Inside The Glamour Studio’ Course on CreativeLIVE
Amy Dresser - An amazing digital retoucher, famous for her retouching on images by Jill Greenberg. I learned quite a bit from watching her ‘Pointy Man’ tutorial on RetouchPRO. Worth the $15.00 if you have 2.5 hrs. to spend in front of the computer. You only have 3 days to watch it before it expires. Covers her ‘Carve’ technique that is a big part of her style.
Amy Dresser Rentals Page on RetouchPro
Amy Dresser’s retouching on Jill Greenbergs’ images
Scott Kelby, whom I have learned so much from over the years. He has generously offered so much of his knowledge, in the form of books, tutorials, workshops, seminars, etc. The main force behind Photoshop World and if you’ve never been, I can’t recommend it highly enough. It was there that I won that contest, sponsored by Westcott, that got me started in Portraiture.
- creativeLIVE - Glamour Photography with Sue Bryce 123 photos, 579 members
- Sue Bryce Fans 242 photos, 122 members
- FroKnowsPhoto.com 447,895 photos, 23,071 members
- “David Hill Look” 4,443 photos, 1,135 members
- Pro Photoshop Actions 48 photos, 31 members
- The Visual Science Lab 2,404 photos, 373 members
- Joel Grimes & Dave Hill Look 1,910 photos, 391 members
- Fstoppers 127,605 photos, 6,484 members
- HIGH END Photo Retouching 3,520 photos, 645 members
- POTN Users 48,233 photos, 1,618 members
- Alien Bee Beauty Dish users 8,484 photos, 1,179 members
- FLICKR STUDIO "new photographic techniques" 33,773 photos, 3,759 members
- Lighting & Posing Styles 44,278 photos, 4,929 members
- Staged Portraiture, Please for god's sake read the rules! 11,687 photos, 1,062 members
- Retouch Artists 5,693 photos, 920 members
- Portraiture 895,212 photos, 33,289 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,525,738 photos, 27,548 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 79,916 photos, 15,362 members
- Portrait Strobist 58,722 photos, 3,944 members
- Photoshopaholics 5,898 photos, 229 members
- Studio Lighting 95,233 photos, 9,843 members
- Studio Dreams 24,636 photos, 2,639 members
- Studio Shots 99,837 photos, 9,234 members
- B&H Photo 36,932 photos, 6,655 members
- Studio Strobism 26,255 photos, 3,001 members
- Studio Lighting On A Budget or Not. 11,105 photos, 1,730 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 811,203 photos, 26,413 members
- CanonRumors.com 16,446 photos, 1,318 members
- Photoshop Professionals 92,101 photos, 5,856 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,303 photos, 2,418 members
- Post Processing Addicts 69,228 photos, 2,987 members
- RETOUCH: Before and After Group (RE-VAMPING!) 913 photos, 546 members
- Impressive Before-After (Need both pictures) 1,624 photos, 806 members
- deviantART Deviants 221,745 photos, 11,794 members
- BittBox User Showcase 19,305 photos, 2,521 members
- Abduzeedos 138,148 photos, 9,885 members
- LightSource 92,074 photos, 8,751 members
- Portrait Photography Business 201,647 photos, 15,936 members
- DAVE HILL FANS 10,940 photos, 2,675 members
- PHOTOSHOP ART (Celebrating the Art of Photoshop) 193,994 photos, 13,358 members
- Before and After Photoshop 12,792 photos, 4,508 members
- Adobe Lightroom 31,398 photos, 25,446 members
- PSD Vault Photostream 28,628 photos, 2,775 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 3,098 photos, 5,003 members
- Retouch Magic - Photo Manipulation and Retouching 60,474 photos, 5,542 members
- Westcott Photoshop World Shootout Contest! 445 photos, 169 members
- Alien Bees 69,489 photos, 7,318 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 418,505 photos, 21,025 members
- The Portrait Group 2,804,208 photos, 155,891 members
- Photoshop Junkees 77,823 photos, 7,924 members
Shineylewis doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Regina Pagles
- August 2009
- Long Island, New York
- Springdale, Utah, United States
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Zion Cycles Bike Shop
- Regina Pagles Photography