I am a hobbyist photographer originally from Long Island, New York. In September 2010, I set up a small studio where I began developing my skills in portraiture. In addition, my husband and I own Zion Cycles, a bicycle shop just outside of Zion National Park, in Southwest Utah. We reside in Springdale with our mean Yorkie, Pablo.
Here are some links to my favorites in the field of retouching and photography. I hope you find the information as useful as I have!
Calvin Hollywood - German digital artist and photographer.
I first discovered Calvin when he appeared a a guest poster on Scott Kelby's Blog.
His English DVD training 'Calvinize' is amazing and I credit a lot of my techniques to him. He includes the skin retouching technique learned from Natalia Taffarel in this ‘Calvinize’ training. You can also find his classes offered on Kelby Training as well as his YouTube Channel. Most of his videos on YouTube are in German, but there are some in English as well, and they are worth seeking out!
Guest Blog Post on Scott Kelby’s ‘Photoshop Insider’
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 1 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 2 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 3 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 4 (YouTube)
Joel Grimes - I love Joel Grimes. I devour every word that comes from his mouth. He is such an inspiration and is so generous with his knowledge. [Framed] Network teamed up with Joel and aired weekly videos on the lighting set ups Joel uses to attain his images. There is so much information packed into those 20 minute videos. Joel also has classes offered on Kelby Training and amazing videos on YouTube.
‘Lit Up’ on the [Framed Network]
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Dorion
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Hope Solo
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Lauren
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Aimee
Peter Hurley - You have to experience Peter in action to truly appreciate him and what he has to offer. He will drill home the importance of interacting with the person in front of your camera and he is a true master, so you learn from the best. I love this guy and you will, too!
‘Art Behind The Headshot’ Trailer
Guest Blog Post on Scott Kelby’s ‘Photoshop Insider’
Natalia Taffarel - High end digital retoucher from Argentina. A real pro. I have her DVD, it’s 11.5 hours of advanced beauty retouching techniques. A little over my head, but worth it for the stuff that’s not. This is where I learned how to retouch skin. Her technique is awesome, especially at retaining pore structure.
‘Beauty and Hair Retouching High End Techniques’ DVD
Sue Bryce - What can I say about Sue Bryce. Watch her on CreativeLIVE and see for yourself. A master at posing, she transforms average Janes into supermodels before your eyes, with just a simple pose. If only I could remember to apply a fraction of the advice I’ve learned from her...
‘Glamour Photography’ Course on CreativeLIVE
‘Inside The Glamour Studio’ Course on CreativeLIVE
Amy Dresser - An amazing digital retoucher, famous for her retouching on images by Jill Greenberg. I learned quite a bit from watching her ‘Pointy Man’ tutorial on RetouchPRO. Worth the $15.00 if you have 2.5 hrs. to spend in front of the computer. You only have 3 days to watch it before it expires. Covers her ‘Carve’ technique that is a big part of her style.
Amy Dresser Rentals Page on RetouchPro
Amy Dresser’s retouching on Jill Greenbergs’ images
Scott Kelby, whom I have learned so much from over the years. He has generously offered so much of his knowledge, in the form of books, tutorials, workshops, seminars, etc. The main force behind Photoshop World and if you’ve never been, I can’t recommend it highly enough. It was there that I won that contest, sponsored by Westcott, that got me started in Portraiture.
- creativeLIVE - Glamour Photography with Sue Bryce 124 photos, 578 members
- Sue Bryce Fans 186 photos, 112 members
- FroKnowsPhoto.com 414,812 photos, 22,646 members
- “David Hill Look” 4,463 photos, 1,137 members
- Pro Photoshop Actions 48 photos, 30 members
- The Visual Science Lab 2,665 photos, 372 members
- Joel Grimes & Dave Hill Look 1,837 photos, 387 members
- Fstoppers 110,135 photos, 6,001 members
- HIGH END Photo Retouching 3,373 photos, 626 members
- POTN Users 47,100 photos, 1,615 members
- Alien Bee Beauty Dish users 8,545 photos, 1,164 members
- FLICKR STUDIO "new photographic techniques" 32,428 photos, 3,775 members
- Lighting & Posing Styles 43,745 photos, 4,834 members
- Staged Portraiture, Please for god's sake read the rules! 11,359 photos, 1,060 members
- Retouch Artists 5,419 photos, 903 members
- Portraiture 849,204 photos, 31,952 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,449,931 photos, 26,899 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 79,525 photos, 15,340 members
- Portrait Strobist 55,894 photos, 3,820 members
- Photoshopaholics 5,035 photos, 213 members
- Studio Lighting 90,831 photos, 9,623 members
- Studio Dreams 22,552 photos, 2,468 members
- Studio Shots 96,663 photos, 8,967 members
- B&H Photo 37,012 photos, 6,579 members
- Studio Strobism 24,748 photos, 2,910 members
- Studio Lighting On A Budget or Not. 11,113 photos, 1,704 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 775,869 photos, 25,925 members
- CanonRumors.com 15,843 photos, 1,312 members
- Photoshop Professionals 83,916 photos, 5,712 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,473 photos, 2,423 members
- Post Processing Addicts 62,866 photos, 2,927 members
- RETOUCH: Before and After Group (RE-VAMPING!) 800 photos, 532 members
- Impressive Before-After (Need both pictures) 1,666 photos, 808 members
- deviantART Deviants 215,981 photos, 11,701 members
- BittBox User Showcase 19,102 photos, 2,532 members
- Abduzeedos 134,064 photos, 9,899 members
- LightSource 88,513 photos, 8,750 members
- Portrait Photography Business 188,982 photos, 15,487 members
- DAVE HILL FANS 10,858 photos, 2,681 members
- PHOTOSHOP ART (Celebrating the Art of Photoshop) 186,927 photos, 13,221 members
- Before and After Photoshop 12,681 photos, 4,508 members
- Adobe Lightroom 29,363 photos, 24,825 members
- PSD Vault Photostream 27,875 photos, 2,754 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 3,021 photos, 4,962 members
- Retouch Magic - Photo Manipulation and Retouching 55,333 photos, 5,430 members
- Westcott Photoshop World Shootout Contest! 445 photos, 168 members
- Alien Bees 70,133 photos, 7,286 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 394,259 photos, 20,732 members
- The Portrait Group 2,688,476 photos, 152,081 members
- Photoshop Junkees 73,837 photos, 7,777 members
Shineylewis doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Regina Pagles
- August 2009
- Long Island, New York
- Springdale, Utah, United States
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Zion Cycles Bike Shop
- Regina Pagles Photography