I am a hobbyist photographer originally from Long Island, New York. In September 2010, I set up a small studio where I began developing my skills in portraiture. In addition, my husband and I own Zion Cycles, a bicycle shop just outside of Zion National Park, in Southwest Utah. We reside in Springdale with our mean Yorkie, Pablo.
Here are some links to my favorites in the field of retouching and photography. I hope you find the information as useful as I have!
Calvin Hollywood - German digital artist and photographer.
I first discovered Calvin when he appeared a a guest poster on Scott Kelby's Blog.
His English DVD training 'Calvinize' is amazing and I credit a lot of my techniques to him. He includes the skin retouching technique learned from Natalia Taffarel in this ‘Calvinize’ training. You can also find his classes offered on Kelby Training as well as his YouTube Channel. Most of his videos on YouTube are in German, but there are some in English as well, and they are worth seeking out!
Guest Blog Post on Scott Kelby’s ‘Photoshop Insider’
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 1 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 2 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 3 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 4 (YouTube)
Joel Grimes - I love Joel Grimes. I devour every word that comes from his mouth. He is such an inspiration and is so generous with his knowledge. [Framed] Network teamed up with Joel and aired weekly videos on the lighting set ups Joel uses to attain his images. There is so much information packed into those 20 minute videos. Joel also has classes offered on Kelby Training and amazing videos on YouTube.
‘Lit Up’ on the [Framed Network]
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Dorion
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Hope Solo
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Lauren
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Aimee
Peter Hurley - You have to experience Peter in action to truly appreciate him and what he has to offer. He will drill home the importance of interacting with the person in front of your camera and he is a true master, so you learn from the best. I love this guy and you will, too!
‘Art Behind The Headshot’ Trailer
Guest Blog Post on Scott Kelby’s ‘Photoshop Insider’
Natalia Taffarel - High end digital retoucher from Argentina. A real pro. I have her DVD, it’s 11.5 hours of advanced beauty retouching techniques. A little over my head, but worth it for the stuff that’s not. This is where I learned how to retouch skin. Her technique is awesome, especially at retaining pore structure.
‘Beauty and Hair Retouching High End Techniques’ DVD
Sue Bryce - What can I say about Sue Bryce. Watch her on CreativeLIVE and see for yourself. A master at posing, she transforms average Janes into supermodels before your eyes, with just a simple pose. If only I could remember to apply a fraction of the advice I’ve learned from her...
‘Glamour Photography’ Course on CreativeLIVE
‘Inside The Glamour Studio’ Course on CreativeLIVE
Amy Dresser - An amazing digital retoucher, famous for her retouching on images by Jill Greenberg. I learned quite a bit from watching her ‘Pointy Man’ tutorial on RetouchPRO. Worth the $15.00 if you have 2.5 hrs. to spend in front of the computer. You only have 3 days to watch it before it expires. Covers her ‘Carve’ technique that is a big part of her style.
Amy Dresser Rentals Page on RetouchPro
Amy Dresser’s retouching on Jill Greenbergs’ images
Scott Kelby, whom I have learned so much from over the years. He has generously offered so much of his knowledge, in the form of books, tutorials, workshops, seminars, etc. The main force behind Photoshop World and if you’ve never been, I can’t recommend it highly enough. It was there that I won that contest, sponsored by Westcott, that got me started in Portraiture.
- creativeLIVE - Glamour Photography with Sue Bryce 124 photos, 575 members
- Sue Bryce Fans 145 photos, 100 members
- FroKnowsPhoto.com 369,888 photos, 22,068 members
- “David Hill Look” 4,297 photos, 1,139 members
- Pro Photoshop Actions 55 photos, 28 members
- The Visual Science Lab 2,610 photos, 375 members
- Joel Grimes & Dave Hill Look 1,739 photos, 378 members
- Fstoppers 91,214 photos, 5,528 members
- HIGH END Photo Retouching 3,175 photos, 599 members
- POTN Users 45,610 photos, 1,614 members
- Alien Bee Beauty Dish users 8,320 photos, 1,157 members
- FLICKR STUDIO "new photographic techniques" 30,869 photos, 3,757 members
- Lighting & Posing Styles 41,390 photos, 4,731 members
- People Portraits 2,799,588 photos, 136,999 members
- Staged Portraiture, Please for god's sake read the rules! 11,114 photos, 1,048 members
- Retouch Artists 5,067 photos, 882 members
- Portraiture 790,592 photos, 30,120 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,353,898 photos, 25,981 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 78,614 photos, 15,321 members
- Portrait Strobist 52,748 photos, 3,678 members
- Photoshopaholics 4,346 photos, 182 members
- Studio Lighting 86,453 photos, 9,307 members
- Studio Dreams 20,585 photos, 2,318 members
- Studio Shots 92,474 photos, 8,694 members
- B&H Photo 36,936 photos, 6,499 members
- Studio Strobism 23,060 photos, 2,796 members
- Studio Lighting On A Budget or Not. 10,490 photos, 1,660 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 725,572 photos, 25,197 members
- CanonRumors.com 15,380 photos, 1,311 members
- Photoshop Professionals 73,782 photos, 5,556 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,011 photos, 2,424 members
- Post Processing Addicts 54,893 photos, 2,833 members
- RETOUCH: Before and After Group (RE-VAMPING!) 713 photos, 507 members
- Impressive Before-After (Need both pictures) 1,610 photos, 807 members
- deviantART Deviants 206,411 photos, 11,549 members
- BittBox User Showcase 18,778 photos, 2,532 members
- Abduzeedos 130,294 photos, 9,911 members
- LightSource 82,987 photos, 8,703 members
- Portrait Photography Business 176,414 photos, 15,013 members
- DAVE HILL FANS 10,786 photos, 2,688 members
- PHOTOSHOP ART (Celebrating the Art of Photoshop) 178,914 photos, 13,047 members
- Before and After Photoshop 11,850 photos, 4,495 members
- Adobe Lightroom 26,968 photos, 24,107 members
- PSD Vault Photostream 26,735 photos, 2,712 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 2,922 photos, 4,922 members
- Retouch Magic - Photo Manipulation and Retouching 49,106 photos, 5,297 members
- Westcott Photoshop World Shootout Contest! 449 photos, 170 members
- Alien Bees 70,397 photos, 7,240 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 365,127 photos, 20,361 members
- The Portrait Group 2,544,478 photos, 147,169 members
Shineylewis doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Regina Pagles
- August 2009
- Long Island, New York
- Springdale, Utah, United States
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Zion Cycles Bike Shop
- Regina Pagles Photography