Living on the south side of Chicago. Into bicycles, trains, cities, architecture, planning, neighborhoods, history, historic preservation, sustainability, politics, computers, food, beer... All views my own.
The heart of my photostream is my collection of Chicago photos, documenting all of the city's 77 official Community Areas. For every photo of Chicago that I currently have up on Flickr, I have about three more that I have not yet posted.
Photographic interests: I take lots of photos of buildings and places, documenting the urban fabric wherever I am. But I'm not above vacation snaps, and I have enjoyed starting to use Instagram - those photos are here too. I've also branched out into candid event and street photography with more regularity, and better and better results.
Permission to use photos: If you want to use my photos for something, the answer is usually yes, but I do appreciate being asked. Nearly all photos are released under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike license, meaning you're free to do most anything with them, but if you're going to make money on them, you need special permission. It makes me happy to see my photos get used, so don't hesitate to ask. High resolution versions of newer photos are already up on Flickr (ask me how to download them if you don't know), and I can usually get originals of older photos out of my archives. I ask to be credited as Eric Allix Rogers. If you want to inquire, please email me at email@example.com.
Freelance projects: I have done several freelance photo projects. If you like my photos and have a need for a specific body of work or shots of specific places or subjects, please also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equipment: After years of shooting with my trusty Nikon D40, I have upgraded to a D5100, which delivers amazing low-light performance. I usually use an 18-200mm zoom lens, although I also have a fast 50mm lens that's ideal for portraits and event photography. I also don't shy away from iPhone photography if it's the most convenient option.
- Churches and Temples of Chicago 2,157 photos, 105 members
- Chicago Bank Building Exteriors 174 photos, 21 members
- Chicago Patterns 1,090 photos, 33 members
- Black white and grey 230,001 photos, 6,975 members
- Chicago Chain 3,917 photos, 133 members
- in explore 1,018,820 photos, 83,519 members
- Chicago's Architectural Ornamentation 3,466 photos, 92 members
- goRiver Chicago 395 photos, 49 members
- Ugly Transformation of a Building 1,949 photos, 270 members
- Sleepless in Chicago 1,438 photos, 254 members
- Bikes and Transit 800 photos, 152 members
- Catholic School Architecture 2,355 photos, 53 members
- Yahoo! lightning strikes 373 photos, 41 members
- CurbedChgo 18,794 photos, 286 members
- Chicago 39,775 photos, 1,723 members
- Chicago Perimeter Ride 375 photos, 14 members
- St. Louis 50,789 photos, 2,738 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 7,001 photos, 449 members
- party walls / medianeras 1,718 photos, 85 members
- Streetsblog Chicago 3,963 photos, 141 members
- UChicago Alumni Weekend 2011 210 photos, 10 members
- 62Garden 787 photos, 5 members
- Brick & Stone Architecture 20,691 photos, 1,594 members
- Facades (without perspective: 2D effect) 10,876 photos, 1,056 members
- Chicagoland Bike & Walk Photo Contest 976 photos, 25 members
- what's popping 35 photos, 24 members
- Snowpacalypse Chicago 881 photos, 106 members
- Illinois Welcome Signs & Gateways 892 photos, 48 members
- South Loop Chicago 458 photos, 31 members
- West Side of Chicago 3,641 photos, 65 members
- Catholic Hospitals, Schools and buildings 8,287 photos, 137 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 96,851 photos, 4,738 members
- Consumerist.com 178,334 photos, 5,129 members
- Storybook Homes and Gardens 2,223 photos, 88 members
- French Norman, Eclectic, Revivalist: Chateaux, Manor, Cottage 187 photos, 36 members
- Nature Nerds 36,575 photos, 3,058 members
- Bridgeport, Chicago 392 photos, 39 members
- Suburban Chicago Architecture 2,901 photos, 111 members
- Urban trees 33,114 photos, 849 members
- Chicago Area Photowalks 6,316 photos, 382 members
- Illinois Nature Trails 1,997 photos, 91 members
- Lustron: The House America's Been Waiting For! 593 photos, 134 members
- D I E T R O F R O N T 37,693 photos, 1,160 members
- Calumet Region 363 photos, 42 members
- Built Chicago 7,233 photos, 242 members
- Former Chicago Synagogues 266 photos, 27 members
- Rocker Reflector 16 photos, 19 members
- The Twentieth Century and Contemporary House 17,872 photos, 1,914 members
- Chicago in Decay 3,391 photos, 894 members
- Chicago Street Art 47,557 photos, 1,909 members
"Eric's expert documentings of the neighbourhoods of Chicago are excellent (when he gets off his bike for long enough to take the shots) with his passion for history coming through strongly in his explanations. My eyes have been opened to aspects of a world city seldom seen by the busy tourist.
I've only met Eric in this brittle Flickrworld, but I know he's a cool guy, with a great sense of humour. Keep the shots coming, mate!"
September 13th, 2008
- Eric Allix Rogers
- May 2008
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken