Living on the south side of Chicago. Into bicycles, trains, cities, architecture, planning, neighborhoods, history, historic preservation, sustainability, politics, computers, food, beer... All views my own.
The heart of my photostream is my collection of Chicago photos, documenting all of the city's 77 official Community Areas. For every photo of Chicago that I currently have up on Flickr, I have about three more that I have not yet posted.
Photographic interests: I take lots of photos of buildings and places, documenting the urban fabric wherever I am. But I'm not above vacation snaps, and I have enjoyed starting to use Instagram - those photos are here too. I've also branched out into candid event and street photography with more regularity, and better and better results.
Permission to use photos: If you want to use my photos for something, the answer is usually yes, but I do appreciate being asked. Nearly all photos are released under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike license, meaning you're free to do most anything with them, but if you're going to make money on them, you need special permission. It makes me happy to see my photos get used, so don't hesitate to ask. High resolution versions of newer photos are already up on Flickr (ask me how to download them if you don't know), and I can usually get originals of older photos out of my archives. I ask to be credited as Eric Allix Rogers. If you want to inquire, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelance projects: I have done several freelance photo projects. If you like my photos and have a need for a specific body of work or shots of specific places or subjects, please also contact me at email@example.com.
Equipment: After years of shooting with my trusty Nikon D40, I have upgraded to a D5100, which delivers amazing low-light performance. I usually use an 18-200mm zoom lens, although I also have a fast 50mm lens that's ideal for portraits and event photography. I also don't shy away from iPhone photography if it's the most convenient option.
- Chicago Bank Building Exteriors 131 photos, 21 members
- Chicago Patterns 433 photos, 22 members
- Black white and grey 120,776 photos, 5,981 members
- Chicago Chain 3,152 photos, 131 members
- in explore 683,871 photos, 60,873 members
- Chicago's Architectural Ornamentation 2,714 photos, 81 members
- goRiver Chicago 337 photos, 49 members
- Ugly Transformation of a Building 1,795 photos, 261 members
- Sleepless in Chicago 1,452 photos, 259 members
- Bikes and Transit 774 photos, 133 members
- Catholic School Architecture 1,912 photos, 46 members
- Yahoo! lightning strikes 284 photos, 37 members
- CurbedChgo 17,406 photos, 281 members
- Chicago 40,428 photos, 1,726 members
- Chicago Perimeter Ride 375 photos, 12 members
- St. Louis 47,159 photos, 2,676 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 6,843 photos, 445 members
- party walls / medianeras 1,730 photos, 83 members
- Streetsblog Chicago 3,109 photos, 138 members
- UChicago Alumni Weekend 2011 210 photos, 10 members
- 62Garden 787 photos, 5 members
- Brick & Stone Architecture 17,860 photos, 1,533 members
- Facades (without perspective: 2D effect) 8,994 photos, 914 members
- Chicagoland Bike & Walk Photo Contest 976 photos, 25 members
- what's popping 35 photos, 24 members
- Snowpacalypse Chicago 869 photos, 105 members
- Illinois Welcome Signs & Gateways 832 photos, 43 members
- South Loop Chicago 487 photos, 33 members
- West Side of Chicago 3,359 photos, 63 members
- Catholic Hospitals, Schools and buildings 6,071 photos, 110 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 60,654 photos, 3,308 members
- Consumerist.com 172,621 photos, 5,254 members
- Storybook Homes and Gardens 1,958 photos, 86 members
- French Norman, Eclectic, Revivalist: Chateaux, Manor, Cottage 322 photos, 29 members
- Nature Nerds 31,750 photos, 2,015 members
- Bridgeport, Chicago 415 photos, 40 members
- Suburban Chicago Architecture 2,631 photos, 102 members
- Urban trees 29,996 photos, 834 members
- Chicago Area Photowalks 5,972 photos, 369 members
- Illinois Nature Trails 1,734 photos, 78 members
- Lustron: The House America's Been Waiting For! 566 photos, 130 members
- D I E T R O F R O N T 33,613 photos, 1,148 members
- Calumet Region 392 photos, 42 members
- Built Chicago 5,600 photos, 228 members
- Former Chicago Synagogues 220 photos, 23 members
- Rocker Reflector 16 photos, 19 members
- The Twentieth Century and Contemporary House 17,452 photos, 1,930 members
- Chicago in Decay 3,456 photos, 900 members
- Chicago Street Art 46,250 photos, 1,905 members
- Parking Space Savers 32 photos, 12 members
"Eric's expert documentings of the neighbourhoods of Chicago are excellent (when he gets off his bike for long enough to take the shots) with his passion for history coming through strongly in his explanations. My eyes have been opened to aspects of a world city seldom seen by the busy tourist.
I've only met Eric in this brittle Flickrworld, but I know he's a cool guy, with a great sense of humour. Keep the shots coming, mate!"
September 13th, 2008
- Eric Allix Rogers
- May 2008
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken