NOTE: I know I've been "inactive" as of late. I've been really busy with things away from home, especially during the run up to Xmas!
I will be back fully from New Year's Day 2016!
Click for weather forecast
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you choose to add me as a contact and when I go to check your photos and I get this:
I will NOT reciprocate and in some cases you may be blocked.
Upon recieving a contact request, then in most cases I do reciprocate. However, if I do so then you agree to the following:
A) - Ocasionally from time to time, you may get a mail from me wanting you to see a photo or two via FM (you know, the one where you get "such and such a person wants you to see a photo") that I feel may be of interest.
B) If I do share photo with you that may not be so interesting, it may be that your expertise is needed!
If I do, I will try and keep "sharing via FM" to a minumum (where possible)
Blocking me will only lead me to doing EXACTLY the same thing (upon discovering anyone having done so) and a "blanket ban" from ALL groups I admin if a member, regardless of who created the group in the first place!
Although i'll keep sharing photos via Flickr Mail (FM) to a minmum, if you rather I didn't do as such with you (I.E. because you think it's "self promotion") then basically don't add me as a contact - you can't have it both ways!!
C). Take me as I am - don't like the way I am then again don't bother adding me as a contact - I will NEVER change who I am for anyone and the only person who can judge me is me!!
However, i'm not totally full of "rules and regulations" and "terms and conditions" where commenting and favouriting my photos (within reason) is concerned.
Most of my photos are under an Attribution license (Creative Commons) so as long as you see my photos under that license you are free to reuse my work for any purpose. You should credit me with any photo you use.
As for comments, I don't mind constructive criticsm and tips et, all. However, if you don't like my descriptions or titles of my pics or clips then sorry but lifes a bitch!
Although I don't mind making minor adjustments within reason, I will name my pics/clips and describe them EXACTLY as I see fit! Don't like what you're reading when viewing them? Tough!
Any comments that are or I deem to be of a negative, hurtful or demanding nature will lead to a block and if a member of ANY group I admin, regardless of who the creator is or was - a straight banning from them all.....NO EXCEPTIONS!!
I make no apology in issuing this warning or my terms and conditions!
This is Flickr at the end of the day and i'm here for me, not to please a small minority!
Besides, Flickr, and the outside world would be boring if we all thought like one another all the time!
One of my favourite quotes from Ashes to Ashes:
"Today my friend, your diary entry will read took a prossie hostage and was shot by three armed bastards!"
The real me above!
Hornchurch Court, Hulme. My pics of Manchester are usualy from outside the City Centre although I do have many pics taken within the City Centre ;)
My interests describes me, ok sunbeam?
- A MODEL FUNFAIR 1,618 photos, 71 members
- COUNTY ROADS AND ROAD SIGNS 7,754 photos, 280 members
- 2017 In The UK and Ireland 8,396 photos, 27 members
- MUSEUM OF MEMORIES 7,688 photos, 357 members
- BRIDGES 2 13,793 photos, 919 members
- A. LOST WORLD 75,221 photos, 5,724 members
- Monton Photos 131 photos, 67 members
- The Greater Manchester Guided Busway 194 photos, 15 members
- Dennis, Transbus and ADL Tridents 13,318 photos, 339 members
- ᗩᔕ Gooᗪ ᗩᔕ It getᔕ~♥ ..by Admin Invitation 80,415 photos, 3,791 members
- A COSY COTTAGE. 14,452 photos, 938 members
- Photo Geek #1 35,657 photos, 807 members
- First Manchester's Vantage buses 648 photos, 90 members
- The worst accident repairs seen on buses and coaches 38 photos, 83 members
- 2016 in the UK and Ireland 7,543 photos, 33 members
- Marché de Noël / Christmas market 5,460 photos, 1,079 members
- Northern Line - London Underground 263 photos, 29 members
- Waltham Forest 4,664 photos, 182 members
- My Harrow 567 photos, 4 members
- Hertfordshire 43,264 photos, 1,120 members
- Views from The Shard 1,241 photos, 259 members
- The John Rylands Library 1,082 photos, 201 members
- Road UK: M6 Services 484 photos, 34 members
- Flickr Bisexual Photographers 6,072 photos, 473 members
- Trams of: Blackpool, OMO class 259 photos, 18 members
- First Bus UK advertising posters/booklets 94 photos, 30 members
- Low floor buses, 20 years on... 41,812 photos, 241 members
- Buses new 2015 18,559 photos, 265 members
- Buses 2015 13,884 photos, 97 members
- Artistic Railway Photos 1,654 photos, 1,492 members
- My time behind the lens No 30/60 limits 375,707 photos, 2,327 members
- 2015 in the UK and Ireland 11,828 photos, 46 members
- Scenic Bus Photos 46,234 photos, 216 members
- [UK] City Council Auxiliary & Transport Vehicles 304 photos, 114 members
- Advert Buses and Coaches 13,139 photos, 176 members
- Panasonic TZ Users 28,756 photos, 514 members
- Stagecoach Stripes 1,997 photos, 202 members
- Irwell - source to sea ! 4,374 photos, 171 members
- New to SELNEC/GMT/LUT Leyland Nationals 72 photos, 19 members
- UK Class 350, 444, 450 1,445 photos, 79 members
- MOUNTAIN 195,312 photos, 13,172 members
- Manchester Airport-Cornbrook Line 582 photos, 28 members
- First TransPennine Express Class 350 Desiro 853 photos, 81 members
- Enterprise Peterborough now Amey Services 333 photos, 105 members
- Around and about littleborough, lancs 450 photos, 18 members
- Non Alexander Dennis Stagecoach Buses 3,153 photos, 144 members
- Calderdale 25,158 photos, 521 members
- Night in the City 17,188 photos, 953 members
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire - Alternative Choice 4,718 photos, 148 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Wakefield 207 photos, 59 members
- Proper American motors in the UK - 1960s-1980s 4 photos
- Proper motors in the UK 13 photos
- Best of British 1 photo
- Ex-Greater Manchester buses outside the UK 1 photo
- Mikey's Heritage Part 1 4 photos
- The Great British Food 3 photos
- Best urban sunset shots around the UK - Volume 1 1 photo
- REAL Buses and Trains in the UK - Part 2 5 photos
- Best Manchester Pics of the 2000s - Part 1 3 photos
- Flickr - The Golden Days (2006-2008) 3 photos
- The history of Manchester - Part 1 5 photos
- Mikey's Manchester Volume 2 12 photos
- What the world could do without 2 photos
- My IDEAL world 7 photos
- REAL Buses & trains in the UK Volume 1 8 photos
- Propper motors 13 photos
- Mikey's Manchester Volume 1 13 photos
The Laird of Oldham says:
"Mikey (aka Gene Hunt) is easily and absolutely my favourite Flickrite, and the principle reason I joined Flickr! His dedication to tagging and organising the millions of photographs out there on Flickr, combined with his extensive contributions of images are nothing short of inspirational - not because they're going to appear in some glossy magazine or billboard, but because they capture ordinary life in Greater Manchester - from buses, to bridges, to tower blocks, to semi-detached houses, Mikey is a specialist in all things Greater Mancunian and manages to catch your eye and keep you interested with ordinary life in northern England's premier city region. Thank you sir!"
July 1st, 2012
"Mikey's photos are raw and hard - just like the Republic of Manchester.
We always enjoy looking through his Photostream.
Keep up the great work!"
June 7th, 2011
.S U B. says:
"before i do anything else, i always check the news, then i saw this
well done mate"
November 3rd, 2009
gainful haircut says:
"Mikey does interesting urban Manchester and life observation photos and is a great bloke.
November 20th, 2008
"A proper geezer, he knows what's what."
June 22nd, 2008
"I just love what's going on here, and I hope he's backing up these photos as there's a valuable photographic archive in the making. Flickr's full of flashy shots, but few who document a place and time as effectively as this."
February 17th, 2008
Zippy's Revenge says:
"Mikey has an uncanny knack of documenting his native Manchester in its warts and all glory. None of the tarted over shots you will see in magazines here. This is Manchester in its true form, the urban decay, the run down bits that they don't want you to see. Mikey takes the shots other people don't and after viewing his work I myself now take more interest in my own local surroundings. Never afraid to comment on YOUR work as well, good, bad or constructive criticism. Here we have one of flickr's true greats. Keep em comin."
January 17th, 2008
futuristic seat says:
"In a world of tedious hyperbole about the obvious fashionable aspects of Manchester, Gene Hunt cuts through the c**p and shows the world what the City is really like.
A photographic genius and brutalist tower-block loving nerd, he's more Joey Barton than David Beckham, more Amy Winehouse than Girls Aloud.
And we all love a bit of Gene Hunt..."
December 15th, 2007
Ian M Plant says:
"Mickey is doing a great job of documenting manchesters surounding areas Keep up the good work"
December 1st, 2007
George D Thompson says:
"Gene (aka Mikey) has documented Withenshaw and Manchester, and all points North with such attention to detail (not to mention comprehensiveness) that if it all disappeared in a Nuclear Blast they'd be able to re-create it in all its GRIM splendour just from his photographs (whether they would want to is a different matter). He is also a determined crime fighter who has no patience with these namby-pamby modern ways and all this form filling. He has also won prizes for his voracious consumption of 'oops."
November 24th, 2007
--Gone 4 a bit-- says:
"Mikey has really good pictures of around Manchester!!!
Keep it up!!!
November 12th, 2007
"I love Mikey's pictures. He and I love the same things about Manchester and he takes pictures I wish I could."
October 29th, 2007
fierce icicle says:
"As a Mancunian lost in the wilds of Norfolk I find Mikey's gallery deeply moving, why? Because he captures the Manchester and Salford I know, the urban landscape that replaced the terraced slums I grew up in as a kid (and watch being torn down).
My Mum and two brothers still live in Salford and though I get back when I can, I've not lived there for over 25 years(spending most of my time in London), but Mikey's gallery makes me want to get in my car and go home."
June 17th, 2007
Liverpool Suburbia says:
"Mikey has successfully been able to and still does record the everyday life of the city of Manchester. He shows great pride in his city which is always great to see.
Heres to you and manchester!"
May 19th, 2007
"a great no nonsense photostream capturing present day Manchester and Salford, showing both it's pleasing and less likeable aspects. From flats, back to backs and urban decay Mikey has captured many of the varying aspects of Mancunian life"
May 3rd, 2007
"Mikey has many pictures of a great city, seeing Manchester through his eyes is an experience. He doesn't t just focus on all the usual stuff like Urbis etc, he brings us the tower blocks and the 60's, 70's architecture that most people dismiss.
He also has an unhealthy obsession for the BBC's Life on Mars, which is a good thing as I do too :-)"
March 23rd, 2007
the family cat says:
"Nice variety of images-photos captured on the moment-good shots of tower blocks.
As he's not one of these who joined 500 odd Groups there is more of a chance of him finding time to comment on YOUR pics!"
January 29th, 2007
"Mikeys pics are definately different from the usual stuff you get on flickr.
No sunsets, no macros, just down to earth photos of every day life. A real pleasure to view.
A good contact and friend to have.
January 28th, 2007
- October 2006
- I am:
- Nicking criminals and kicking in nonces