Writer, photographer, goofball. Filmmaker. Archaeologist. Podcaster. Madras lover. Not in that order.
On Explore's Interesting page.
- #Flickr10 7,566 photos, 3,697 members
- Triggertrap 6,277 photos, 2,635 members
- The CareWalk 184 photos, 29 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 106,052 photos, 7,514 members
- Project Weather 639,961 photos, 94,123 members
- Historic Bank Architecture in Asia 786 photos, 76 members
- View Finders Club [VFC] 5,128 photos, 343 members
- Bristol 135,231 photos, 4,540 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,102 photos, 12,866 members
- Ancient Light 284 photos, 29 members
- The Bristol PhotoWalk 11 photos, 2 members
- Arno's Vale Cemetery 988 photos, 118 members
- Nikon D80 Users 599,168 photos, 24,046 members
- Rot Squad 37,917 photos, 1,720 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 407,724 photos, 105,238 members
- CHENNAI LENSMEN FORUM 70,613 photos, 2,554 members
- The Photographic Eye 52 photos, 25 members
- Delhi bloggers 3,356 photos, 249 members
- Indo-Saracenic Architecture 668 photos, 87 members
- Beyond Phototips 2,280 photos, 219 members
- LeggNet's Contacts 25,490 photos, 1,311 members
- We call it Madras 596 photos, 80 members
- Madras Marina Beach 1,537 photos, 134 members
- INTERNATIONAL COLLECTION OF COFFEE CUPS 2,743 photos, 720 members
- The Group in search of a name and meaning Group 4,199 photos, 122 members
- Bangalore Weekend Shoo*s 15,206 photos, 645 members
- The Chennai Photowalk 4,623 photos, 882 members
- Indian Images 515 photos, 46 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 786,033 photos, 28,057 members
- The Nikon FM series (FM, FM-10, FM2 & FM3) 67,208 photos, 4,432 members
- TamilNadu life & culture 17,590 photos, 1,240 members
- Temples of South India 6,083 photos, 757 members
- Sepia Mutiny 146 photos, 53 members
- Shoot it like Film 234 photos, 15 members
- A Moment Captured... 17,256 photos, 555 members
- Photowalk 2,328 photos, 334 members
- Light in Architecture 70,140 photos, 5,746 members
- Coffeehouse 5,114 photos, 434 members
- Historic India 17,741 photos, 2,666 members
- Green Monkey Clubhouse 10,404 photos, 219 members
- * Vanishing Points * 210,994 photos, 42,449 members
- B&W 5,101,583 photos, 224,326 members
- de-sign 836 photos, 142 members
- ::Illumination + Obscurity:: [In The Shadow] 32,881 photos, 1,186 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,392,653 photos, 73,662 members
- Epigraphlings 369 photos, 52 members
- India Images 441,691 photos, 19,142 members
- SOMETHING DIFFERENT (post 1, comment 1) 35,278 photos, 1,859 members
- HCB's "The Decisive Moment" 495 photos, 7,592 members
- BLUNT CRITICISM 2,442 photos, 237 members
"Just a brief look at his stream will indicate what an impressive artistic journey Chandra is on. And certainly, a brief glance would not be enough for anyone in love with brilliant life, colours and movement"
June 9th, 2009
Thru Lens says:
"Experimental | Exuberant | Fearless | Amateur | Professional | Friendly | Motivational | Good | Lovable Photographer."
October 21st, 2008
Susheel Chandradhas says:
"Chandrachoodan, has been an influence in the lives of many photo enthusiasts, encouraging them, organising photowalks and keeping the walks educational and cheerful throughout...
His own photography is quite stunning and in many cases has been eye-opening to me.
Rock on Dude!"
September 11th, 2008
Nav A. says:
"I am so grateful to C. inspirational personality who know how to do things and get things done from other people. C helped me develop confidence in my writting and because of him i was published. I was able to enjoy chennai in a different way on his fossiling vespa.
Happy B'Day Man"
March 13th, 2008
Ms. Jen says:
"C. rocks. He is a fearless photographer who is will to brave oncoming traffic in search of the perfect photo."
February 9th, 2008
"Its not so easy to write about a person who is completely multi-faceted and especially when you don't know what new great quality he will show you in the next day.
But to make it simpler, i would say that he is someone whose ideal time would be reading the 10th Century Chola epic "Ponniyin Selvan" by Kalki Krishnamurthy and have a cuppa hot kaapi to sip around in a totally historical place in Tamilnadu with a great climate to take pictures around.
That does not mean that he is a laid back person... infact he is a total opposite personality who is always upto something interesting. And nowadays he has planned big for the Chennai Photowalk II.
All the best to you on that bro and hello saar... take some umbrella will ya !!"
December 6th, 2007
"One of the highlights of my trips to Chennai is being able to chill out with Big C. He's a walking tour guide and knows more about Chennai and its history that you could ever imagine !
As if this were'nt enough - he takes some amazing pictures (and diplomatically handles the 101 questions he gets asked during his street photography sessions ! haha)
Yes people. be jealous..be very very jealous - I get to hang out with Big C often ! muhahahaha"
April 25th, 2007
"this man is just incredible
i really wish to meet him one day !
i'm honoured to count him as a contact !
crazy, enthusiastic, great photographer, kind, clever and good eye !
what ask more ?
sure his girlfriend is a top model !
ah ah ah
February 18th, 2007
"Chandrachoodan doesn't just take beautiful photographs, he also takes the viewer on a tour of his part of the world. When I move from picture to picture in his stream, it's like living vicariously through the eyes of someone on vacation with a fabulous tour guide.
On top of being a photographer and tour guide, he also possesses a rapier sharp wit and knows how to use it."
November 26th, 2006
"I have never known what to write for Big C.
I have always had many thing to write, however. In the beginning, he did not take many photos - he was in more streams than I could imagine being in. Always searching, reading, viewing and commenting.
This guy is a champion friend, as well. Very much there to 'listen' to my complaints, and lame jokes, and tales of boredom. He is a writer, and has fantastical stories, and how he writes about his adventures makes you so envious.
His photography has bloomed recently. We knew that once he was able to post more, he would most certainly have to try more. Now look at his stream, full of variety and his beautiful city and the places around it and in between.
You make me proud, little one. Keep up the great work.
Cheers. Take care.
p.s. make a friend out of him, and he will be a teacher, a listener, a joker, and most specifically a friend, for a life time. (at least that is what he has to be for me, mwwwahaha!)"
November 21st, 2006
"Yesterday, I felt like a person who has made a new friend! Ravages' photographs, and his ability to insert his wonderful personality and warmth into each photo, thrilled me for hours. I look at each of his photographs for a long time, absorbing the beauty, and the richness and variety. I know Ravages is a man who can photograph real places on the earth, but also he seems to capture the SPIRIT of the place. It is as if invisible souls inhabit the buildings and forests of his photos. I think he puts soul into the photographs. He is above all a photographic artist, but also he is a photographic artist with SOUL! (*) His humility only makes his work shine more brightly. I am somewhat confined and cannot travel or endure mass transportation, so I send my heartfelt appreciation to Ravages for taking me by the hand and escorting me to so many wonderful places on the earth! My Guardian Angel, Ravages!!!!
Ravages!!! You are both: A humble artist, and a MYSTIC with a vision of the holiness of all creation. You capture holy in each photo!"
October 28th, 2006
"Chandru is the perfect Flickr person.
He's able to give a new take on old views and always inspires me as a photographer.
He's also one of the most caring and decidated people on Flickr - the time that he puts into adminning his group (IWant5) and in helping out others is astonishing and inspiring.
It came as no surprise to me that someone had paid for a pro account for this man. If any of his other sponsers find that they cannot afford to keep up the payment then I'll happilly take over.
It's a pure privilege to be a friend of Chandru's and a real honour."
April 30th, 2006
Robyn's Nest says:
"Just awesome. :)"
April 10th, 2006
"Unbridled energy and playfulness; excellent responsiveness and facile language; friendly banter and quirky images - that sums up Ravages photstream. Absolute delight.
One does not know when he will surprise with a rather brilliant image. Keep watching his stream. You will never be bored.
Ravages - keep shooting with your camera and ......"
February 6th, 2006
Nomad Photography says:
"Ravages make beautiful photographs of monuments of India. It's really good to share this with the others of the world. I think, you must see his stream... Thanks Ravages and keep it up!"
January 26th, 2006
- C/N N/G
- June 2004
- Chennai, India
- I am:
- Selective Amnesia