Writer, photographer, goofball. Filmmaker. Archaeologist. Podcaster. Madras lover. Not in that order.
On Explore's Interesting page.
- #Flickr10 7,371 photos, 4,283 members
- Triggertrap 6,499 photos, 2,548 members
- The CareWalk 184 photos, 29 members
- Project Weather 623,437 photos, 93,056 members
- Historic Bank Architecture in Asia 875 photos, 90 members
- View Finders Club [VFC] 5,199 photos, 372 members
- Bristol 138,739 photos, 4,634 members
- Guardian Camera Club 25,677 photos, 12,531 members
- Ancient Light 284 photos, 30 members
- The Bristol PhotoWalk 11 photos, 2 members
- Arno's Vale Cemetery 964 photos, 113 members
- Nikon D80 Users 595,784 photos, 23,848 members
- Rot Squad 38,794 photos, 1,730 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 400,695 photos, 103,452 members
- CHENNAI LENSMEN FORUM 77,733 photos, 2,621 members
- The Photographic Eye 51 photos, 25 members
- Delhi bloggers 3,382 photos, 246 members
- Indo-Saracenic Architecture 731 photos, 93 members
- Beyond Phototips 2,278 photos, 219 members
- LeggNet's Contacts 25,291 photos, 1,292 members
- We call it Madras 662 photos, 85 members
- Madras Marina Beach 2,214 photos, 142 members
- INTERNATIONAL COLLECTION OF COFFEE CUPS 2,789 photos, 726 members
- The Group in search of a name and meaning Group 4,244 photos, 123 members
- Bangalore Weekend Shoo*s 15,541 photos, 670 members
- The Chennai Photowalk 4,915 photos, 961 members
- Indian Images 515 photos, 45 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 774,282 photos, 27,653 members
- The Nikon FM series (FM, FM-10, FM2 & FM3) 71,530 photos, 4,726 members
- TamilNadu life & culture 16,122 photos, 1,319 members
- Temples of South India 6,508 photos, 815 members
- Sepia Mutiny 146 photos, 53 members
- Shoot it like Film 234 photos, 15 members
- A Moment Captured... 18,355 photos, 551 members
- Photowalk 2,310 photos, 329 members
- Light in Architecture 75,707 photos, 5,784 members
- Coffeehouse 5,264 photos, 436 members
- Historic India 19,120 photos, 2,825 members
- Green Monkey Clubhouse 10,434 photos, 224 members
- * Vanishing Points * 223,562 photos, 44,029 members
- B&W 5,387,173 photos, 230,699 members
- de-sign 869 photos, 154 members
- ::Illumination + Obscurity:: [In The Shadow] 34,189 photos, 1,190 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,475,348 photos, 74,659 members
- Epigraphlings 432 photos, 52 members
- India Images 467,380 photos, 19,505 members
- SOMETHING DIFFERENT (post 1, comment 1) 36,975 photos, 1,854 members
- HCB's "The Decisive Moment" 520 photos, 7,592 members
- BLUNT CRITICISM 2,385 photos, 235 members
- Light Viewing 1,242 photos, 234 members
"Just a brief look at his stream will indicate what an impressive artistic journey Chandra is on. And certainly, a brief glance would not be enough for anyone in love with brilliant life, colours and movement"
June 9th, 2009
Thru Lens says:
"Experimental | Exuberant | Fearless | Amateur | Professional | Friendly | Motivational | Good | Lovable Photographer."
October 21st, 2008
Susheel Chandradhas says:
"Chandrachoodan, has been an influence in the lives of many photo enthusiasts, encouraging them, organising photowalks and keeping the walks educational and cheerful throughout...
His own photography is quite stunning and in many cases has been eye-opening to me.
Rock on Dude!"
September 11th, 2008
Nav A. says:
"I am so grateful to C. inspirational personality who know how to do things and get things done from other people. C helped me develop confidence in my writting and because of him i was published. I was able to enjoy chennai in a different way on his fossiling vespa.
Happy B'Day Man"
March 13th, 2008
Ms. Jen says:
"C. rocks. He is a fearless photographer who is will to brave oncoming traffic in search of the perfect photo."
February 9th, 2008
"Its not so easy to write about a person who is completely multi-faceted and especially when you don't know what new great quality he will show you in the next day.
But to make it simpler, i would say that he is someone whose ideal time would be reading the 10th Century Chola epic "Ponniyin Selvan" by Kalki Krishnamurthy and have a cuppa hot kaapi to sip around in a totally historical place in Tamilnadu with a great climate to take pictures around.
That does not mean that he is a laid back person... infact he is a total opposite personality who is always upto something interesting. And nowadays he has planned big for the Chennai Photowalk II.
All the best to you on that bro and hello saar... take some umbrella will ya !!"
December 6th, 2007
"One of the highlights of my trips to Chennai is being able to chill out with Big C. He's a walking tour guide and knows more about Chennai and its history that you could ever imagine !
As if this were'nt enough - he takes some amazing pictures (and diplomatically handles the 101 questions he gets asked during his street photography sessions ! haha)
Yes people. be jealous..be very very jealous - I get to hang out with Big C often ! muhahahaha"
April 25th, 2007
difficult noise says:
"this man is just incredible
i really wish to meet him one day !
i'm honoured to count him as a contact !
crazy, enthusiastic, great photographer, kind, clever and good eye !
what ask more ?
sure his girlfriend is a top model !
ah ah ah
February 18th, 2007
"Chandrachoodan doesn't just take beautiful photographs, he also takes the viewer on a tour of his part of the world. When I move from picture to picture in his stream, it's like living vicariously through the eyes of someone on vacation with a fabulous tour guide.
On top of being a photographer and tour guide, he also possesses a rapier sharp wit and knows how to use it."
November 26th, 2006
prickly carriage says:
"I have never known what to write for Big C.
I have always had many thing to write, however. In the beginning, he did not take many photos - he was in more streams than I could imagine being in. Always searching, reading, viewing and commenting.
This guy is a champion friend, as well. Very much there to 'listen' to my complaints, and lame jokes, and tales of boredom. He is a writer, and has fantastical stories, and how he writes about his adventures makes you so envious.
His photography has bloomed recently. We knew that once he was able to post more, he would most certainly have to try more. Now look at his stream, full of variety and his beautiful city and the places around it and in between.
You make me proud, little one. Keep up the great work.
Cheers. Take care.
p.s. make a friend out of him, and he will be a teacher, a listener, a joker, and most specifically a friend, for a life time. (at least that is what he has to be for me, mwwwahaha!)"
November 21st, 2006
slippery art says:
"Yesterday, I felt like a person who has made a new friend! Ravages' photographs, and his ability to insert his wonderful personality and warmth into each photo, thrilled me for hours. I look at each of his photographs for a long time, absorbing the beauty, and the richness and variety. I know Ravages is a man who can photograph real places on the earth, but also he seems to capture the SPIRIT of the place. It is as if invisible souls inhabit the buildings and forests of his photos. I think he puts soul into the photographs. He is above all a photographic artist, but also he is a photographic artist with SOUL! (*) His humility only makes his work shine more brightly. I am somewhat confined and cannot travel or endure mass transportation, so I send my heartfelt appreciation to Ravages for taking me by the hand and escorting me to so many wonderful places on the earth! My Guardian Angel, Ravages!!!!
Ravages!!! You are both: A humble artist, and a MYSTIC with a vision of the holiness of all creation. You capture holy in each photo!"
October 28th, 2006
known bucket says:
"Chandru is the perfect Flickr person.
He's able to give a new take on old views and always inspires me as a photographer.
He's also one of the most caring and decidated people on Flickr - the time that he puts into adminning his group (IWant5) and in helping out others is astonishing and inspiring.
It came as no surprise to me that someone had paid for a pro account for this man. If any of his other sponsers find that they cannot afford to keep up the payment then I'll happilly take over.
It's a pure privilege to be a friend of Chandru's and a real honour."
April 30th, 2006
Robyn's Nest says:
"Just awesome. :)"
April 10th, 2006
"Unbridled energy and playfulness; excellent responsiveness and facile language; friendly banter and quirky images - that sums up Ravages photstream. Absolute delight.
One does not know when he will surprise with a rather brilliant image. Keep watching his stream. You will never be bored.
Ravages - keep shooting with your camera and ......"
February 6th, 2006
Nomad Photography says:
"Ravages make beautiful photographs of monuments of India. It's really good to share this with the others of the world. I think, you must see his stream... Thanks Ravages and keep it up!"
January 26th, 2006
- C/N N/G
- June 2004
- Chennai, India
- I am:
- Selective Amnesia