Douglas Winter Numismatics was founded in 1985 by Doug Winter. We specialize in buying and selling choice and rare examples of United States coins struck between 1795 and 1933.
For many years, it has been my strong belief that the best DWN client is one who is educated. An educated collector is a confident collector and a confident collector is a more active collector. This is one of the reasons that I have tried to share as much of my knowledge about United States gold coins as possible. I’ve written the standard reference books on Charlotte, Carson City, Dahlonega and New Orleans gold as well as hundreds of specialized articles and blogs that can be found on my website, www.raregoldcoins.com.
Doug Winter is a keen student of numismatic history and has sought to establish a world-class numismatic firm which embraces technology and current market trends with old-time numismatic values.
The photos here, on flickr, represent a sort of "best of" or introduction to gold coins. The items shown here are not currently for sale, though a current inventory can always be found at our website. No hype, no sales pressure, just useful facts about coins here.
What we hope to do through our flickr account is excite others about gold coins, their history and stories, their beauty, and yes, even give photography tips.
Thank you for visiting, we hope you learn something new and enjoy the items we're sharing!
RareGoldCoins.com's favorite photos from other Flickr members (4)
RareGoldCoins.com hasn't listed any contacts yet.
- U.S Coins and Currency 344 photos, 105 members
- Civil War Stuff 4,726 photos, 344 members
- Civil War Imagery 16,680 photos, 661 members
- Gold - the precious metal 1,045 photos, 404 members
- Old Coins, Silver, Gold and Copper.... 1,230 photos, 187 members
- pdx [portland] 194,237 photos, 5,613 members
- Sigma 150mm F2,8 APO MACRO 20,097 photos, 1,063 members
- SLR Macro Photography 137,386 photos, 7,293 members
- coins 9,138 photos, 1,542 members
RareGoldCoins.com doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Douglas Winter
- February 2010
- Douglas Winter Numismatics