If you're a model and you would like a 30 day FREE trial membership with Zivity to check it out, send me your email address (not Flickr Mail) and I'll send you what you need.
Use this email address email@example.com to contact me.
Put Zivity in the subject line.
Any other way of doing this I find is buggy.
I picked up my first DSLR in October of 2008 and have been busy enjoying photography ever since. Before that I had a point and shoot but I rarely pointed it and shot it even less. I could have nick named it "Dusty".
I bought a Rebel XSi because I had discovered HDR wallpaper and was amazed by it. The guy at the camera store put a Rebel in my hands because it could bracket and the Nikon with the closest price couldn't. So I went Canon for that reason alone. I'm not a Canon snob. I'd like to try Nikon but now that I have more lenses I'm sort of locked into the family.
One good thing about my tabletop work is it really forces you to learn and understand lighting. I don't take set up shots or keep notes because this forces me to rethink each shot instead of memorizing set ups all the time. It is also great for coming up with new ideas and approaches.
On my blog you can purchase my work in larger versions without watermarks:
Look for the link in the top part of the column on the right.
Nowadays I do mostly Model Shoots. I don't have a web page because a Photo Blog makes more sense. I can update it regularly with my latest work. Static sites just sit and get stale.
Here's a link to my Tumblr PB:
I figure it's time I updated my profile so here it is:
This is my life (so far) in a nutshell.
My mother died when I was 10 years old. After that I was more or less on my own and had to raise myself. I finished school early and joined a road band. As an extreme autodidact I taught myself to play drums as I have taught myself all my other life skills. I toured Canada and some of the USA professionally until I turned 24. This is where I learned that less is more (by living out of a suitcase).
I got tired of seeing the same cities over and over so I bought a bike, flysheet and a bedroll. I visited every city in Canada almost over the next 5 years and lots of the USA. I've lived under bridges, in ghost towns, in trees, under trees :-), on beaches and even dug out snowbanks. I always had a YMCA card so I could SSS (Sh*t, shower and shave) in style. I'm a master camper and a retired mountain man – too old for all that now.
I had saved enough to buy a house by my 30th birthday so I did and I moved indoors.
I tried living like everybody else but it Sucks :-) (Sorry everybody else). I still managed to do enough things right that I could retire at age 47. I ain't rich but I is happy :-) That's what counts – right?
What else have I done in my life?
I am or was
a) a Toastmaster
b) a Martial artist
c) a Musician
d) a Registered Nutritional Consultant (RNC)
e) an Iridologist
f) an Herbalist
g) a Public Speaker
h) a Mountain Man
i) a Tour Bus Operator
j) a Business Owner
k) a Landlord
l) a Rosicrucian
m) a Kayak/Canoeist
n) a Motorcyclist
o) a Philanthropist
p) a Taxi Driver
q) and now I'm trying to be a Photographer
I should mention that in spite of my unusual and nomadic past I am quite housebroken.
Sorry if I don't respond to comments and posts like I used to but here's why…
I used to be a Flickr addict spending way way WAY too much time socially interacting to the point it became a burden rather than a pleasure. Nowadays I post and run rarely looking at the post or comments of my contacts. I enjoy my newly freed up time and don't want to go back to sitting in front of the computer as much. I can do that later when my legs or health goes on me and I can't get out as much. Right now I'm out shooting as it should be.
My Toys that I play with:
5D Mark II, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24-105L, Canon 135L Prime, Canon 70 - 300 lens, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon Macro 100mm, four AlB400's, ABR800, AB1600, AB800, 430EX II, (2) 580EX II, a bunch of Chinese modifiers, Manfrotto tripod.
I just blew my savings on a 5D Mk II on May 18th, 2010.
Large $$$, at least for me.
Being a Canadian we get stung for anything we buy electronic so I bought this beast from B&H in New York. UPS delivered it (EXPEDITED), and it took 9 DAYS. 9 DAYS EXPEDiTED!!! Yeah, that's real expedited. I ended up saving about $460 off the Henry's price.
Now I just have to learn how to use it. It's one heck of a change from my Rebel - that's for sure.
Would I do it again? I think so… even if it means eating KD for a year or two to get some bucks back into the bank account.
Damn photography is expensive!
- thanks FOR smoking 1,440 photos, 535 members
- Compelling Images 1,261 photos, 773 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,637,490 photos, 79,527 members
- Feminine 84,916 photos, 5,264 members
- Sexy Girls 21,692 photos, 1,965 members
- "Women Portraits" 276,079 photos, 9,928 members
- White/Black 673,659 photos, 33,821 members
- bokeh 203,394 photos, 54,245 members
- Lighting Essentials 88,407 photos, 8,108 members
- LIGHT [directory] 光 196,531 photos, 9,167 members
- In Beautiful Light 2,157 photos, 849 members
- CANON EF135mm f/2L USM 225 photos, 8 members
- ~ EyEs ~ 29,381 photos, 5,284 members
- Eyes! 12,875 photos, 2,403 members
- ARISTOCAZ 13,548 photos, 791 members
- Furry CAT Friends!!! 72,626 photos, 6,106 members
- Maine Coon Cats 26,035 photos, 2,033 members
- Photographers ( behind the scenes ) 673 photos, 233 members
- BTS | Behind The Scene 1,269 photos, 314 members
- !Great Photographers! (Hard selection!) 25,765 photos, 1,357 members
- • Stunning Portraits • 259 photos, 56 members
- Canon Holy Trinity Prime Lens Excellence 2,324 photos, 311 members
- prime lenses (fixed focal length) 351,532 photos, 9,392 members
- Erotica_The Female Form 977 photos, 673 members
- legs_legs_legs_legs_legs_legs 13,419 photos, 1,762 members
- I am Canadian 7,260 photos, 174 members
- I am Canadian! 93,758 photos, 1,570 members
- PHOTOSHO magazine 16,119 photos, 740 members
- Flickr Addicts Canada 509 photos, 11 members
- People of Canada 1,451 photos, 92 members
- Canadian-Photographer.ca 6,309 photos, 108 members
- Canadian Photographers 16,090 photos, 141 members
- Canon 24-105 f4 with 5dMark or full frame 12,767 photos, 814 members
- 24-105 3,043 photos, 187 members
- Canon 24-105 4.0 Lens 2,726 photos, 218 members
- Canon EOS Cameras. 355,633 photos, 5,519 members
- FLICKR (people) 27,774 photos, 1,641 members
- Flickr Canada 107,411 photos, 1,208 members
- Canon stunning photos 28,289 photos, 652 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 784,769 photos, 26,059 members
- People Portraits World 74,950 photos, 4,295 members
- Portraits en studio top qualité 4,596 photos, 569 members
- Just great photography! 429 photos, 36 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 781,731 photos, 29,890 members
- Show All Your Photos 69,466 photos, 809 members
- B/W ... the world in black and white 543,405 photos, 15,133 members
- B+W 635,088 photos, 21,120 members
- World of B&W + Sepia & other monochrome 619,140 photos, 21,716 members
- Indoor Portrait 257 photos, 311 members
- Film Noir Mood 2,608 photos, 23,193 members
CB 357 says:
"It would be an understatement to call Randi a great photographer, and almost slightly trite, as he is a true artiste in all sense of the word ... his creativity, and sublime control of light, is inspirational.
I feel that some of his images should carry a warning such as - "This was done by a trained professional, so please don't try this at home" ;-)
I would urge you to have a good look at what Randi can do with such simple objects, and then effortlessly morph them into masterpieces ... you'll be as inspired as I am !"
November 28th, 2009
"Not only is Randy a true master in photography, he is a true master in motivation, inpiration and encouragement. He will find the best in a person's work and focus on that.
The clean, crisp, perfectionist style you can see in his table top photography is absolutely amazing and his lighting techniques are stunning. What I think is Randi's driving force in life is his creativity and his desire to share this beauty with other people.
Randi will always find or make the time to comment on his contact's photos, very often leaving him to be the only one commenting, leaving the person some words of encouragement or praise.
Thank you my friend, it is really a great pleasure to know you."
September 2nd, 2009
Ting Hay says:
"Randi is a wonderful flickr friend and... yes, he's a great photographer too :))) He's creativity is amazing and he's so generous that he'll be gladly sharing his tutorial to his friends..
I love the way Randi see and capture interesting things in life, he's also very good in composition & lighting.
Thank you, Randi.. Thank you for everything.. I am so glad we're flickr met. Wish you all the best! Ting (July'09)"
July 12th, 2009
"I am sooo glad to have met such a person with a very impressive talent and skills! I am sure to learn a lot from his online tutorial and photos. Salute!!!"
June 20th, 2009
- Randi Scott
- October 2008
- Barrie, Ontario, Canada
- Brantford, Ontario, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Semi Retired
- R Scott Photography