If you're a model and you would like a 30 day FREE trial membership with Zivity to check it out, send me your email address (not Flickr Mail) and I'll send you what you need.
Use this email address email@example.com to contact me.
Put Zivity in the subject line.
Any other way of doing this I find is buggy.
I picked up my first DSLR in October of 2008 and have been busy enjoying photography ever since. Before that I had a point and shoot but I rarely pointed it and shot it even less. I could have nick named it "Dusty".
I bought a Rebel XSi because I had discovered HDR wallpaper and was amazed by it. The guy at the camera store put a Rebel in my hands because it could bracket and the Nikon with the closest price couldn't. So I went Canon for that reason alone. I'm not a Canon snob. I'd like to try Nikon but now that I have more lenses I'm sort of locked into the family.
One good thing about my tabletop work is it really forces you to learn and understand lighting. I don't take set up shots or keep notes because this forces me to rethink each shot instead of memorizing set ups all the time. It is also great for coming up with new ideas and approaches.
On my blog you can purchase my work in larger versions without watermarks:
Look for the link in the top part of the column on the right.
Nowadays I do mostly Model Shoots. I don't have a web page because a Photo Blog makes more sense. I can update it regularly with my latest work. Static sites just sit and get stale.
Here's a link to my Tumblr PB:
I figure it's time I updated my profile so here it is:
This is my life (so far) in a nutshell.
My mother died when I was 10 years old. After that I was more or less on my own and had to raise myself. I finished school early and joined a road band. As an extreme autodidact I taught myself to play drums as I have taught myself all my other life skills. I toured Canada and some of the USA professionally until I turned 24. This is where I learned that less is more (by living out of a suitcase).
I got tired of seeing the same cities over and over so I bought a bike, flysheet and a bedroll. I visited every city in Canada almost over the next 5 years and lots of the USA. I've lived under bridges, in ghost towns, in trees, under trees :-), on beaches and even dug out snowbanks. I always had a YMCA card so I could SSS (Sh*t, shower and shave) in style. I'm a master camper and a retired mountain man – too old for all that now.
I had saved enough to buy a house by my 30th birthday so I did and I moved indoors.
I tried living like everybody else but it Sucks :-) (Sorry everybody else). I still managed to do enough things right that I could retire at age 47. I ain't rich but I is happy :-) That's what counts – right?
What else have I done in my life?
I am or was
a) a Toastmaster
b) a Martial artist
c) a Musician
d) a Registered Nutritional Consultant (RNC)
e) an Iridologist
f) an Herbalist
g) a Public Speaker
h) a Mountain Man
i) a Tour Bus Operator
j) a Business Owner
k) a Landlord
l) a Rosicrucian
m) a Kayak/Canoeist
n) a Motorcyclist
o) a Philanthropist
p) a Taxi Driver
q) and now I'm trying to be a Photographer
I should mention that in spite of my unusual and nomadic past I am quite housebroken.
Sorry if I don't respond to comments and posts like I used to but here's why…
I used to be a Flickr addict spending way way WAY too much time socially interacting to the point it became a burden rather than a pleasure. Nowadays I post and run rarely looking at the post or comments of my contacts. I enjoy my newly freed up time and don't want to go back to sitting in front of the computer as much. I can do that later when my legs or health goes on me and I can't get out as much. Right now I'm out shooting as it should be.
My Toys that I play with:
5D Mark II, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24-105L, Canon 135L Prime, Canon 70 - 300 lens, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon Macro 100mm, four AlB400's, ABR800, AB1600, AB800, 430EX II, (2) 580EX II, a bunch of Chinese modifiers, Manfrotto tripod.
I just blew my savings on a 5D Mk II on May 18th, 2010.
Large $$$, at least for me.
Being a Canadian we get stung for anything we buy electronic so I bought this beast from B&H in New York. UPS delivered it (EXPEDITED), and it took 9 DAYS. 9 DAYS EXPEDiTED!!! Yeah, that's real expedited. I ended up saving about $460 off the Henry's price.
Now I just have to learn how to use it. It's one heck of a change from my Rebel - that's for sure.
Would I do it again? I think so… even if it means eating KD for a year or two to get some bucks back into the bank account.
Damn photography is expensive!
- 💕 Expressly U ~ *Express Yourself * 12,183 photos, 659 members
- Faces that can launch 1000 ships 16,480 photos, 950 members
- Faces and expressions 3,562 photos, 213 members
- Dents 12,919 photos, 548 members
- Act-Models photography group 443 photos, 130 members
- European Union! 4,135 photos, 1,328 members
- SLR Adventure: Amateur / Semi pro / Professional / Photography 13,179 photos, 969 members
- Free Friends 5,065 photos, 1,629 members
- Great People Shots 101,258 photos, 3,705 members
- Portraits (Individuality, Imagination, Originality) 229,097 photos, 37,794 members
- Portraits / Retratos 73,230 photos, 9,520 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 175,058 photos, 17,703 members
- Portraits Of The Personality 247 photos, 287 members
- Model Photo-sharing 367 photos, 52 members
- Model Licious 2,067 photos, 188 members
- Shot on Seamless 33 photos, 4 members
- Fashion Editorial 2.0 68,153 photos, 5,651 members
- Moderate Only 16 photos, 23 members
- Tsaritsina: Russian magazine photographies and the like 1,797 photos, 115 members
- ***SCREAM OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER*** 2,170,682 photos, 46,774 members
- Movie Stills 12,149 photos, 1,189 members
- Movie_Posters 6,299 photos, 1,312 members
- Guess my lighting setup 19 photos, 17 members
- Portraits with natural light 349,948 photos, 22,144 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,526,265 photos, 27,549 members
- Dark ART 223,721 photos, 18,592 members
- Women and girls portraits 2,314 photos, 136 members
- Sexy and Stylish Mature Ladies 1,368 photos, 1,724 members
- Bellesa femenina 9,933 photos, 552 members
- Beauty is Beauty 43,331 photos, 886 members
- post any photo 81,558 photos, 829 members
- "Unlimited Photos: No Rules" 2,391,601 photos, 17,006 members
- Softly Lit Portraits 7,057 photos, 629 members
- flickr every day! 318,467 photos, 3,667 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 27,134 photos, 3,142 members
- Models 386,057 photos, 17,691 members
- Wow she looks sexy in that! 338 photos, 384 members
- Pretty Woman 13,201 photos, 1,273 members
- pretty women allover the world 5,197 photos, 234 members
- In Beautiful Light 13,844 photos, 1,199 members
- Compelling Images 11,952 photos, 1,086 members
- Portrait Beauty ! 140,361 photos, 7,600 members
- Face Portraits of Beautiful Women 31,656 photos, 5,812 members
- Pure Beauty :) Sexy Women :) Hot Models :) 2,681 photos, 249 members
- Portrait Portal Pro Photos (PPPP) 80,572 photos, 2,551 members
- What Great Eyes You Have! 7,429 photos, 2,106 members
- The point of view 35,904 photos, 3,414 members
- Glamour is not a dirty word... 3,666 photos, 447 members
- Lingerie Fashion (High Quality) 7,872 photos, 1,647 members
- Beautiful sexy angel 6,966 photos, 376 members
CB 357 says:
"It would be an understatement to call Randi a great photographer, and almost slightly trite, as he is a true artiste in all sense of the word ... his creativity, and sublime control of light, is inspirational.
I feel that some of his images should carry a warning such as - "This was done by a trained professional, so please don't try this at home" ;-)
I would urge you to have a good look at what Randi can do with such simple objects, and then effortlessly morph them into masterpieces ... you'll be as inspired as I am !"
November 28th, 2009
"Not only is Randy a true master in photography, he is a true master in motivation, inpiration and encouragement. He will find the best in a person's work and focus on that.
The clean, crisp, perfectionist style you can see in his table top photography is absolutely amazing and his lighting techniques are stunning. What I think is Randi's driving force in life is his creativity and his desire to share this beauty with other people.
Randi will always find or make the time to comment on his contact's photos, very often leaving him to be the only one commenting, leaving the person some words of encouragement or praise.
Thank you my friend, it is really a great pleasure to know you."
September 2nd, 2009
Ting Hay says:
"Randi is a wonderful flickr friend and... yes, he's a great photographer too :))) He's creativity is amazing and he's so generous that he'll be gladly sharing his tutorial to his friends..
I love the way Randi see and capture interesting things in life, he's also very good in composition & lighting.
Thank you, Randi.. Thank you for everything.. I am so glad we're flickr met. Wish you all the best! Ting (July'09)"
July 12th, 2009
"I am sooo glad to have met such a person with a very impressive talent and skills! I am sure to learn a lot from his online tutorial and photos. Salute!!!"
June 20th, 2009
- Randi Scott
- October 2008
- Barrie, Ontario, Canada
- Brantford, Ontario, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Semi Retired
- R Scott Photography