MY HOW THINGS CHANGE. Quit the job, sold the homestead and went for a walk about for a year.
Went from Mexico City to the bottom of Chile then over to India. What a trip.
I currently shoot editorial, event and portrait photography as well as teach photo workshops I believe in the importance and power of community. My comments shall always be geared toward encouraging people to grow.
PQP IS A GREAT PLACE TO START. (Praise, Question, Polish) Hollow compliments begin with, "I like" and seldom go beyond the superficial. I hope to promote sincere educated critiques. If I'm going to write about someone's work I WILL ALWAYS PRAISE by first acknowledging what they have done well. If ASKED, I must, after the fact, QUESTION what I believe the individual is struggling with, then, certainly not leastly, I will POLISH by making suggestions. (Remembering that UNsolicited advice IS usually UNwanted noise.)
Photos of Randallart (4)
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 622,910 photos, 45,359 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,701,451 photos, 512,908 members
- linkdelight.com 191 photos, 87 members
- Founders Brewing Co. 580 photos, 143 members
- Grand Rapids - Festival of the Arts 1,853 photos, 98 members
- Backstage All Access' Festival GR 2010 group 286 photos, 7 members
- Grand Rapids, Michigan 79,633 photos, 1,698 members
- RAW Magazine Group 125,270 photos, 3,801 members
- " Women In Black & White Photos" 21,596 photos, 2,325 members
- Ethereal World 59,128 photos, 3,250 members
- Grand Rapids Zombie Walk 423 photos, 9 members
- The Wonderful World of Portraits - (only invited photos) 119,181 photos, 9,358 members
- Ultimate Beauty 4,911 photos, 610 members
- HTML Code Writing on Flickr 6,850 photos, 782 members
- Elite Portraits (Only Your Best) 3,129 photos, 625 members
- Grand Rapids Chalk Flood 4/18/2009 668 photos, 38 members
- Saturday Silhouettes 265 photos, 133 members
- Red like PassioN 36,269 photos, 2,591 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Monday *OPEN* 4,595,567 photos, 121,187 members
- Creative Shot 1,010 photos, 110 members
- Dream Snapshots 8,247 photos, 248 members
- Photomanipulation 113,208 photos, 7,596 members
- 'It's magical' Photo Manipulation [New Rules◇NO Nudity] 119,713 photos, 5,241 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 181,361 photos, 17,983 members
- Minnesota Marvels (Architecture and Bridges) 3,792 photos, 546 members
- Minnesota Marvels (Roadside Attractions) 765 photos, 716 members
- Pink Flamingo Fun 1,439 photos, 171 members
- Canon EOS 50D Users 54,411 photos, 4,321 members
- AKC, only FSS Foundation Stock Service® Breeds 1,089 photos, 131 members
- Beautiful Kiss 8,546 photos, 4,678 members
- FlickrCentral 9,325,867 photos, 274,098 members
- PLATEFORM magazine 180,587 photos, 4,405 members
- Leaves (No Trees Please!!!) 140,341 photos, 18,584 members
- Grand Rapids Street Photographers 755 photos, 179 members
- ALIEN OCTOBER 14 2008 2,818 photos, 562 members
- woman feet 12,186 photos, 2,906 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,007 photos, 5,951 members
- Water Hair 1,085 photos, 815 members
- Superhero Costumes - Comic Cons and Convention Photos 31,839 photos, 1,314 members
- Anime Cosplay 150,565 photos, 6,570 members
- Anime North Unlimited 7,154 photos, 103 members
- anime cosplay conventions 2 1,952 photos, 60 members
- Lest we forget- Bhopal gas tragedy 81 photos, 31 members
- A Plethora of Fish Facsimiles 4,550 photos, 372 members
- Portraits On Film 7,714 photos, 2,666 members
- One Million Peace Signs 11,141 photos, 4,250 members
- TREE PICS 445,118 photos, 26,932 members
- Gnarly Trees 16,926 photos, 3,241 members
- Ice unlimited 427 photos, 55 members
- ICE Dreams 1,230 photos, 126 members
"Where do I start? Randall gave me my kick start in photography. He has always been a great influence in my work ever since the first time I stepped foot in his Photo 1 classroom my Sophomore year in 2001. What started as a student/teacher relationship eventually became a good friendship. Even after I graduated High School in 2003 he has always expressed interest in my work.
Be it his amazing paintings and sculptures or his beautiful photographs, Randall has always been a great inspiration. I only wish I could eventually be able to just travel the world and take photos like he has.
Not only is he a great teacher but a great friend too. He is always willing to lend a helping hand or a truthful critique. I couldn't have asked for a better person to have opened the door to photography for me. Take a look at his work and you will see why!"
June 6th, 2007
Mike & Ava Lena says:
"Randall's talent to capture and reflect an individual's or a moment's best essence is amazing. Lucky to know him as a friend, Mike & I asked him to document our wedding this past August, and we know too how lucky we were to entrust him w that task. His innate talent for the art shines in every frame - he captured energies and musings and warmth and moments. Randall raced from one location to another in that Virginia countryside over the course of the wedding weekend on his speedy motorcycle, which definitely added a whole other level of excitement and romance to the whole event. We knew Randall was a talented artist when we asked him to be our photographer - but he surpassed all expectations, and brought us memories wrapped in beauty. We wish him all the best in his next adventure - and will be grateful for his sharing his gift and talent with us:) Love, Ava Lena & Mike Davies."
September 27th, 2006
minions & myrmidons says:
"randallart is the best! whoever had him as an art teacher is going to change the world, and those of us touched by his presence on this planet named flickr are far better for it. he calls it as he sees it......his photography is fresh and real and brings us into the story; we want to be there. his subjects obviously love him. and beyond his picture taking, he's mastered the art of the valuable critique. he's a major part of why flickr's educated me more in 5 months than in the 4 years i screwed around getting my bfa! he's soon off to discover the world. here's hoping he never lets go of that laptop and camera."
September 12th, 2006
"There is no better person to wander this earth to see, to be and to perceive."
August 24th, 2006
- Randall A. Gornowich
- December 2005
- Grand Rapids
- Baltimore, U.S.
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer (Art, Photo, Life)