Please Note, I am slowly moving to this Flickr account: www.flickr.com/photos/interimaginational
Please do come visit me there!
I am a storyteller, a writer, an artist, and the chief mapmaker for the Interimaginational Institute for Fantastical Exploration & Cartography.
I make maps of imaginary places, from treasure maps to maps of make-believe, and I also make commissioned maps of real places.
I live at the moment in the Tidewater area of Virginia with my husband in a wacky house built long before we were born. I have also worked as a television producer, a newspaper reporter and a bookseller, and I have also lived in Southern California, Nevada, Philadelphia, eastern Germany and the Czech Republic. I love bright colors, books of all sorts, quirky art, fairy tales, subtle jokes and artificial fruit flavors.
You can see more of my maps at my Etsy gallery.
You can read more about my adventures at my blog, The Explorer's Notebook.
You can follow my daily wanderings on Twitter.
- Vintage Childrens Books 30,466 photos, 5,168 members
- Etsy Treasuries 810 photos, 178 members
- My Art 30,411 photos, 877 members
- I made this 165,848 photos, 6,198 members
- boats in art & other nautical items 4,179 photos, 435 members
- Arts & crafts fairs & shows 7,004 photos, 2,615 members
- Buyhandmade.org 173 photos, 629 members
- Cartography 4,425 photos, 810 members
- FAE - Fantasy Artists of Etsy 2,628 photos, 88 members
paintandink / radiogirl doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Alison Murray Whittington
- October 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- writer and artist
- The Explorer's Notebook