Please Note, I am slowly moving to this Flickr account: www.flickr.com/photos/interimaginational
Please do come visit me there!
I am a storyteller, a writer, an artist, and the chief mapmaker for the Interimaginational Institute for Fantastical Exploration & Cartography.
I make maps of imaginary places, from treasure maps to maps of make-believe, and I also make commissioned maps of real places.
I live at the moment in the Tidewater area of Virginia with my husband in a wacky house built long before we were born. I have also worked as a television producer, a newspaper reporter and a bookseller, and I have also lived in Southern California, Nevada, Philadelphia, eastern Germany and the Czech Republic. I love bright colors, books of all sorts, quirky art, fairy tales, subtle jokes and artificial fruit flavors.
You can see more of my maps at my Etsy gallery.
You can read more about my adventures at my blog, The Explorer's Notebook.
You can follow my daily wanderings on Twitter.
- Vintage Childrens Books 30,242 photos, 5,149 members
- Etsy Treasuries 809 photos, 179 members
- My Art 29,785 photos, 872 members
- I made this 165,208 photos, 6,185 members
- boats in art & other nautical items 4,090 photos, 431 members
- Arts & crafts fairs & shows 6,962 photos, 2,610 members
- Buyhandmade.org 173 photos, 629 members
- Cartography 4,346 photos, 806 members
- FAE - Fantasy Artists of Etsy 2,616 photos, 88 members
paintandink / radiogirl doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Alison Murray Whittington
- October 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- writer and artist
- The Explorer's Notebook