Photography saved my life. Photography is my religion.
I take pictures to feel something other than what I'm feeling. I take pictures to capture feeling. I take pictures because I'm bored. I take pictures because even if I don't have a camera I am always taking pictures in my head--since birth practically. I take pictures of just about anything. I love people and decay the most though.
I am constantly trying to be a better photographer, better editor, better thinker, better person.
Groups I Adore & Administrate:
As Ben Gibbard once sang: I want life in every word to the extent that it's absurd.
"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love."
~Lester Bangs in Almost Famous
If you would like to buy my photographs, please contact me regarding a specific picture. Please do not use non CC pictures unless you have explicitly asked permission and link back to my photostream.
Find me here: twitter.com/rachelk
- Milwaukee Underground Photography 175 photos, 12 members
- Safe House Animal Rescue League 151 photos, 5 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 594 members
- Milwaukee Night Photo 213 photos, 41 members
- "Black Frames" by The Impossible Project 3,479 photos, 465 members
- Madison, Wisconsin 45,111 photos, 2,391 members
- Protesting Walker - Madison Wisconsin 10,258 photos, 236 members
- Madison Rally Feb 2011 11,202 photos, 163 members
- Jeremy Cowart 894 photos, 352 members
- Sketchbook Project (Art House Co-op) 4,832 photos, 546 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,549 photos, 1,769 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 2,999 photos, 1,249 members
- pola-diptych 3,927 photos, 911 members
- PX / PZ / 8x10 / PQ Silver Shade Film by The Impossible Project 19,053 photos, 2,425 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,052 photos, 1,576 members
- Presetting Lightroom 116,875 photos, 14,139 members
- RazorMonkey Magazine 65,876 photos, 2,811 members
- 365 Days 2010 (closed and still no space odyssey) 11,984 photos, 158 members
- 2010: A Year in Pictures 26,154 photos, 232 members
- 365 Milwaukee 2010 1,313 photos, 36 members
- Apartment Therapy Home Cure 6,550 photos, 1,091 members
- BarCampMilwaukee 3,239 photos, 81 members
- The Twittering Photographers Society 14,152 photos, 610 members
- held captive by the imagination 5,756 photos, 268 members
- Pola Dogs 1,791 photos, 335 members
- Polaroid Spectra 21,073 photos, 2,628 members
- Wall of Photo Cult 108 photos, 143 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,693 photos, 1,278 members
- Peter Bjorn & John 73 photos, 13 members
- Name Your Dream Assignment 1,499 photos, 521 members
- PhotoCampMilwaukee 460 photos, 86 members
- The Courier-News 1,172 photos, 85 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 153,088 photos, 9,850 members
- Top 20 Night (Redux) 0 photos, 64 members
- a Day In the Life Of ...[22nd September 2013] 52,003 photos, 14,625 members
- 2009: A Year in Pictures 40,566 photos, 352 members
- disposable 31,719 photos, 3,251 members
- Milwaukee from the Sidelines 2,726 photos, 79 members
- Bucketworks 5,150 photos, 81 members
- Ocean Beach, San Diego 3,475 photos, 195 members
- Milwaukee - (High Resolution) Creative Commons 449 photos, 55 members
- Milwaukee Strobist 1,695 photos, 249 members
- Urban Milwaukee 6,126 photos, 225 members
- It's Happy Bokeh All The Fucking Time 4,367 photos, 475 members
- POLAROID MILWAUKEE 734 photos, 52 members
- Duets 236 photos, 254 members
- Widescreen Self-Portraits 1,070 photos, 220 members
- My Meme 1,233 photos, 454 members
- Mission 24 2,891 photos, 1,124 members
- Scrunched Selfie!! 231 photos, 175 members
Pete Prodoehl says:
"Rachel.::.K is good at this photography thing... I mean really good! She knows how to shoot, and knows how to process, and those two things (plus a lot of others) help her make some amazing images. Sometimes I see a photo of hers and go "Dammit self! Why can't you do that!?!" and I think someday, maybe I will... And hey, Rachel.::.K also helped with putting on the first PhotoCamp in Milwaukee, so that's a cool little factoid for you! Thanks Rachel.::.K!"
May 15th, 2009
dynamic instrument says:
"Never has the work, attitude, dedication and passion for photography in another been so pivotal in inspiring me.
Rachel is the personification of artistic drive. She doesn't do it for plaudits, she doesn't do it for anyone else - she does it because on some level - she has to. It's a need. And that is a truly special thing.
You can see how much of herself she invests in her photography.
I am forever in debt to her - and flickr - for finding my photography soul-mate."
October 16th, 2008
- August 2005
- East Dundee, IL
- Milwaukee, USA
- I am: