I am a freshman at Carnegie Mellon University. I'm studying psychology, and I haven't had a chance to take a photography class yet-they fill up too fast, and I'm only a freshman =p
I've loved photography for a long time. As a kid, I admired the photos my mom used to take with her film SLR. During sophomore year of high school, I used to take pictures of a band that 4 of my close friends were in. They jokingly started calling me their "photographer", and from then on, that's how I identified myself. I read a lot, and practiced a lot, saved up a lot for a digital SLR (Canon digital rebel xsi), and I was on my way. I have a LOT to learn yet, especially about lighting-I've yet to save enough for a flash, I only have an old flash from a film camera that happens to attach to the top of mine. But for now, I just enjoy taking pictures, looking at pictures, and thinking about how I can improve!
There's always more to learn =)
- 365 or less 82,362 photos, 1,266 members
- 365 Project - 2012 95,995 photos, 1,004 members
- iffles.com Monthly Themes 1,407 photos, 316 members
- Tim Ruff 6 photos, 2 members
- Photo a Day 2015 9,299 photos, 153 members
- Project 365! 458,701 photos, 6,571 members
- Project 365 1,802,963 photos, 29,877 members
racheocity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Rachel Johnson
- January 2009
- I am: