I'm fond of the calendar view. I try to upload pictures daily to make the calendar view worth watching. For why there's a large gap, keep reading!
2007-02 2007-01 2005-03 2005-02 2005-01 2004-12 2004-11 2004-10 2004-09 2004-08
1. Once upon a time, in June 2004, I set up a flickr account. I uploaded some of my best shots, joined a lot of groups, and generally had a lot of fun here. Then came "Pro" accounts, and I bought one. I actually uploaded three shots every day, and was quite proud of how my calendar view looked (see above). And then something happened. I'm not quite sure what. I quit uploading so many pictures. The account was almost abandoned, at least for public photos.
2. I barely posted anything for quite a while. I shot various events for friends, but entire months of 2005 went by with no uploads whatsoever.
3. Early in 2006, my wife started a blog, and since she didn't understand the monthly bandwidth limit on free accounts, she quickly burned through her monthly allotment with the multi-megabyte photos a Canon Digital Rebel produces. I suggested she could use my account. After all, I wasn't using it. She used it a lot, and managed to build a popular little blog.
4. Christmas 2006. I've got a new camera, a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. I'm taking photos again. I'm wishing I had a place to upload them, but my flickr account is ruined. I could create a new flickr account for myself, but I'd lose all those old archives. I could upgrade my wife to a Pro account, but she's got a ton of photos in my account, and how can she move them all over? No matter. I was here first. So my wife now has her own Flickr Pro account, and I've got mine back.
What this means: I've marked most of my wife's photos, which is most of what's been published here for more a year, as 'private.' Some of them -- mostly pictures of food -- are worth looking at outside the context of her blog, so I've left them as public.
As I update this, I've got 2508 pictures on flickr, but only 775 are "public." I plan to start uploading new pictures. Some pictures that I've taken in the last eighteen months or so, and some new ones to boot. A new camera, after all, demands new photos!
2007 marks my "return" to Flickr. Will anybody notice?
- 365 Days 944,318 photos, 21,282 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 314,435 photos, 45,934 members
- My Love Affair With Music 153,361 photos, 5,878 members
- Musical Instruments [NO PEOPLE] 34,939 photos, 7,484 members
- My Love Affair With The Piano 5,446 photos, 2,226 members
- Dallas Stars Hockey 741 photos, 127 members
- "Bird Brained" 412,558 photos, 6,841 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,476,144 photos, 36,464 members
- Backyard Birds 176,395 photos, 5,572 members
- NHL - Pro Hockey Pics 12,153 photos, 924 members
- Hockey 32,286 photos, 2,873 members
- Blogcritics on Flickr 144 photos, 11 members
- ARABIC PIC 431 photos, 481 members
- Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes 4,992 photos, 174 members
- striatic did america 190 photos, 168 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 2,697,619 photos, 38,251 members
- Watergarden Wonderland 2,461 photos, 308 members
- FlickrIcons 71 photos, 81 members
- T-Shirts 18,856 photos, 5,007 members
- strangers 27,481 photos, 967 members
- Flickr API 769 photos, 18,694 members
- Keepin' It Real Frog, Inc. 111 photos, 158 members
- Serious Business 3 photos, 128 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 373,868 photos, 22,069 members
- All Animals 1,577,104 photos, 53,500 members
- FlickrGames 18 photos, 91 members
- C.A.F.E. 112 photos, 1,657 members
- Only One 728 photos, 955 members
- Cream of the Crop - Please read the rules 10,514 photos, 11,369 members
- Spring 21,667 photos, 933 members
- Ozymandias 10,201 photos, 530 members
- Hands to S. E. Asia 378 photos, 369 members
- Playing Favorites 1,503 photos, 434 members
- Magic Moments 2,303,682 photos, 61,177 members
- Happy Birthday! 6,634 photos, 2,136 members
- a Day In the Life Of ...[22nd September 2013] 51,758 photos, 14,599 members
- Jewelry, Ornaments & Textiles 82,506 photos, 6,055 members
- * Vanishing Points * 222,611 photos, 43,982 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,378,323 photos, 188,822 members
- square (don't post the not square photo) 163,079 photos, 5,984 members
- Flashlight 10,462 photos, 806 members
- Twenty Five 1,370 photos, 112 members
- Bunny Lovers Unite 92,780 photos, 5,639 members
- Window Shopping 12,452 photos, 1,205 members
- Strange Places 7,128 photos, 428 members
- Spotted, dotted and striped 2,542 photos, 268 members
- The Joy of Sets 553 photos, 120 members
- Technique 193 photos, 15,869 members
- Christmas 72,062 photos, 6,730 members
- Love 72,771 photos, 9,000 members
abigail grace says:
"He's also my older brother
Not old enough to be my dad
He pretty much rocks
December 28th, 2005
"Listen. If you have a question, this guy has an answer. Also, pwinn is a rebel. A Canon EOS Digital Rebel, that is. With a killer macro shot."
January 5th, 2005
Jono Rotten says:
"pwinn is my oldest brother. I really don't know him as well as I might, he's old enough to be my father.
I do know that he can take some mean photographs though."
December 18th, 2004
"They said I should say something about him, so I said "something about him", and they hit me again. I don't get it."
September 18th, 2004
"I would like to testify that PWinn was NOT in Cambodia."
September 1st, 2004
- Phillip Winn
- July 2004
- San Diego, CA
- Carrollton, TX, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software engineer
- BC Magazine