I'm fond of the calendar view. I try to upload pictures daily to make the calendar view worth watching. For why there's a large gap, keep reading!
2007-02 2007-01 2005-03 2005-02 2005-01 2004-12 2004-11 2004-10 2004-09 2004-08
1. Once upon a time, in June 2004, I set up a flickr account. I uploaded some of my best shots, joined a lot of groups, and generally had a lot of fun here. Then came "Pro" accounts, and I bought one. I actually uploaded three shots every day, and was quite proud of how my calendar view looked (see above). And then something happened. I'm not quite sure what. I quit uploading so many pictures. The account was almost abandoned, at least for public photos.
2. I barely posted anything for quite a while. I shot various events for friends, but entire months of 2005 went by with no uploads whatsoever.
3. Early in 2006, my wife started a blog, and since she didn't understand the monthly bandwidth limit on free accounts, she quickly burned through her monthly allotment with the multi-megabyte photos a Canon Digital Rebel produces. I suggested she could use my account. After all, I wasn't using it. She used it a lot, and managed to build a popular little blog.
4. Christmas 2006. I've got a new camera, a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. I'm taking photos again. I'm wishing I had a place to upload them, but my flickr account is ruined. I could create a new flickr account for myself, but I'd lose all those old archives. I could upgrade my wife to a Pro account, but she's got a ton of photos in my account, and how can she move them all over? No matter. I was here first. So my wife now has her own Flickr Pro account, and I've got mine back.
What this means: I've marked most of my wife's photos, which is most of what's been published here for more a year, as 'private.' Some of them -- mostly pictures of food -- are worth looking at outside the context of her blog, so I've left them as public.
As I update this, I've got 2508 pictures on flickr, but only 775 are "public." I plan to start uploading new pictures. Some pictures that I've taken in the last eighteen months or so, and some new ones to boot. A new camera, after all, demands new photos!
2007 marks my "return" to Flickr. Will anybody notice?
- 365 Days 963,888 photos, 21,660 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 302,829 photos, 45,655 members
- Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM 58,851 photos, 3,337 members
- My Love Affair With Music 136,790 photos, 5,855 members
- Musical Instruments [NO PEOPLE] 34,443 photos, 7,500 members
- My Love Affair With The Piano 5,566 photos, 2,269 members
- Dallas Stars Hockey 776 photos, 130 members
- "Bird Brained" 352,214 photos, 6,350 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,297,758 photos, 35,025 members
- Backyard Birds 165,231 photos, 5,544 members
- NHL - Pro Hockey Pics 12,756 photos, 916 members
- Hockey 30,676 photos, 2,811 members
- Blogcritics on Flickr 144 photos, 11 members
- ARABIC PIC 436 photos, 482 members
- Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes 4,968 photos, 173 members
- striatic did america 192 photos, 168 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 2,256,024 photos, 34,901 members
- Watergarden Wonderland 2,363 photos, 305 members
- FlickrIcons 72 photos, 83 members
- T-Shirts 18,921 photos, 5,062 members
- strangers 27,930 photos, 989 members
- Flickr API 783 photos, 17,915 members
- Keepin' It Real Frog, Inc. 108 photos, 157 members
- Serious Business 3 photos, 130 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 356,163 photos, 22,276 members
- All Animals 1,432,700 photos, 51,243 members
- FlickrGames 18 photos, 91 members
- C.A.F.E. 117 photos, 1,690 members
- Only One 727 photos, 956 members
- Cream of the Crop - Please read the rules 10,677 photos, 11,556 members
- Spring 21,430 photos, 930 members
- Ozymandias 11,004 photos, 541 members
- Hands to S. E. Asia 387 photos, 377 members
- Playing Favorites 1,349 photos, 439 members
- Magic Moments 1,941,691 photos, 55,856 members
- Happy Birthday! 6,326 photos, 2,143 members
- a Day In the Life Of ...[22nd September 2013] 47,131 photos, 14,850 members
- Jewelry, Ornaments & Textiles 83,037 photos, 6,093 members
- * Vanishing Points * 213,648 photos, 42,836 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,452,162 photos, 177,878 members
- square (don't post the not square photo) 161,090 photos, 6,038 members
- Flashlight 9,623 photos, 790 members
- Twenty Five 1,479 photos, 115 members
- Bunny Lovers Unite 95,413 photos, 5,682 members
- Window Shopping 11,382 photos, 1,179 members
- Strange Places 6,714 photos, 415 members
- Spotted, dotted and striped 2,576 photos, 272 members
- The Joy of Sets 553 photos, 123 members
- Technique 195 photos, 16,183 members
- Christmas 68,014 photos, 6,698 members
abigail grace says:
"He's also my older brother
Not old enough to be my dad
He pretty much rocks
December 28th, 2005
"Listen. If you have a question, this guy has an answer. Also, pwinn is a rebel. A Canon EOS Digital Rebel, that is. With a killer macro shot."
January 5th, 2005
Jono Rotten says:
"pwinn is my oldest brother. I really don't know him as well as I might, he's old enough to be my father.
I do know that he can take some mean photographs though."
December 18th, 2004
"They said I should say something about him, so I said "something about him", and they hit me again. I don't get it."
September 18th, 2004
"I would like to testify that PWinn was NOT in Cambodia."
September 1st, 2004
- Phillip Winn
- July 2004
- San Diego, CA
- Carrollton, TX, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software engineer
- BC Magazine