I'm fond of the calendar view. I try to upload pictures daily to make the calendar view worth watching. For why there's a large gap, keep reading!
2007-02 2007-01 2005-03 2005-02 2005-01 2004-12 2004-11 2004-10 2004-09 2004-08
1. Once upon a time, in June 2004, I set up a flickr account. I uploaded some of my best shots, joined a lot of groups, and generally had a lot of fun here. Then came "Pro" accounts, and I bought one. I actually uploaded three shots every day, and was quite proud of how my calendar view looked (see above). And then something happened. I'm not quite sure what. I quit uploading so many pictures. The account was almost abandoned, at least for public photos.
2. I barely posted anything for quite a while. I shot various events for friends, but entire months of 2005 went by with no uploads whatsoever.
3. Early in 2006, my wife started a blog, and since she didn't understand the monthly bandwidth limit on free accounts, she quickly burned through her monthly allotment with the multi-megabyte photos a Canon Digital Rebel produces. I suggested she could use my account. After all, I wasn't using it. She used it a lot, and managed to build a popular little blog.
4. Christmas 2006. I've got a new camera, a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. I'm taking photos again. I'm wishing I had a place to upload them, but my flickr account is ruined. I could create a new flickr account for myself, but I'd lose all those old archives. I could upgrade my wife to a Pro account, but she's got a ton of photos in my account, and how can she move them all over? No matter. I was here first. So my wife now has her own Flickr Pro account, and I've got mine back.
What this means: I've marked most of my wife's photos, which is most of what's been published here for more a year, as 'private.' Some of them -- mostly pictures of food -- are worth looking at outside the context of her blog, so I've left them as public.
As I update this, I've got 2508 pictures on flickr, but only 775 are "public." I plan to start uploading new pictures. Some pictures that I've taken in the last eighteen months or so, and some new ones to boot. A new camera, after all, demands new photos!
2007 marks my "return" to Flickr. Will anybody notice?
- 365 Days 957,135 photos, 21,514 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 309,435 photos, 45,966 members
- Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM 59,702 photos, 3,353 members
- My Love Affair With Music 141,434 photos, 5,880 members
- Musical Instruments [NO PEOPLE] 34,814 photos, 7,517 members
- My Love Affair With The Piano 5,539 photos, 2,251 members
- Dallas Stars Hockey 774 photos, 128 members
- "Bird Brained" 384,624 photos, 6,581 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,398,983 photos, 35,808 members
- Backyard Birds 173,344 photos, 5,570 members
- NHL - Pro Hockey Pics 12,828 photos, 921 members
- Hockey 31,776 photos, 2,855 members
- Blogcritics on Flickr 144 photos, 11 members
- ARABIC PIC 433 photos, 479 members
- Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes 4,969 photos, 172 members
- striatic did america 192 photos, 168 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 2,479,570 photos, 36,657 members
- Watergarden Wonderland 2,432 photos, 311 members
- FlickrIcons 71 photos, 82 members
- T-Shirts 18,580 photos, 5,044 members
- strangers 27,761 photos, 984 members
- Flickr API 773 photos, 18,308 members
- Keepin' It Real Frog, Inc. 111 photos, 158 members
- Serious Business 3 photos, 129 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 370,842 photos, 22,252 members
- All Animals 1,510,229 photos, 52,616 members
- FlickrGames 18 photos, 91 members
- C.A.F.E. 116 photos, 1,681 members
- Only One 733 photos, 962 members
- Cream of the Crop - Please read the rules 10,619 photos, 11,505 members
- Spring 21,847 photos, 929 members
- Ozymandias 11,245 photos, 540 members
- Hands to S. E. Asia 387 photos, 375 members
- Playing Favorites 1,555 photos, 438 members
- Magic Moments 2,169,463 photos, 58,939 members
- Happy Birthday! 6,594 photos, 2,146 members
- a Day In the Life Of ...[22nd September 2013] 50,783 photos, 14,756 members
- Jewelry, Ornaments & Textiles 83,696 photos, 6,082 members
- * Vanishing Points * 219,741 photos, 43,522 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,426,885 photos, 181,949 members
- square (don't post the not square photo) 162,870 photos, 6,043 members
- Flashlight 10,090 photos, 800 members
- Twenty Five 1,467 photos, 115 members
- Bunny Lovers Unite 96,259 photos, 5,675 members
- Window Shopping 11,922 photos, 1,194 members
- Strange Places 7,035 photos, 427 members
- Spotted, dotted and striped 2,595 photos, 272 members
- The Joy of Sets 553 photos, 122 members
- Technique 195 photos, 16,059 members
- Christmas 71,186 photos, 6,751 members
abigail grace says:
"He's also my older brother
Not old enough to be my dad
He pretty much rocks
December 28th, 2005
"Listen. If you have a question, this guy has an answer. Also, pwinn is a rebel. A Canon EOS Digital Rebel, that is. With a killer macro shot."
January 5th, 2005
Jono Rotten says:
"pwinn is my oldest brother. I really don't know him as well as I might, he's old enough to be my father.
I do know that he can take some mean photographs though."
December 18th, 2004
"They said I should say something about him, so I said "something about him", and they hit me again. I don't get it."
September 18th, 2004
"I would like to testify that PWinn was NOT in Cambodia."
September 1st, 2004
- Phillip Winn
- July 2004
- San Diego, CA
- Carrollton, TX, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software engineer
- BC Magazine