Photography is a gift my mom gave me.
No, she isn't a well-known photographer. No, she doesn't lug her camera around with her all the time. No, she doesn't have a flickr account nor a portfolio tucked somewhere.
She's a mother. A mother who sees her children with special lenses in her eyes and knows what burns their fire... their passion for life. And she adds the fuel.
She bought me my camera. Not even one of those everyone seems to be lusting for. A pocket camera that I can bring everywhere and anywhere.
And she gave me the gift of imagination and creativity.
Then like Little Red's mom, she packed the gifts in a basket and asked me to go take a walk in the woods. Have a picnic somewhere. Be wary of wolves. Never mind the grandmother.
And so I did.
It was a fun walk with lots of flowers to show for it. The three years I've been gifted with were eventful, to say the least. I've even taken a vacation off Flickr for a while to focus on being a new mom to my sweet baby boy.
Then I went back to pressing the shutter.
This time my sweet husband (so unlike the wolf of Hood) thought I should start off with something new, too. So he bought me a new camera to celebrate my personal revival. And, boy, did I love it! I moved from that camera to the full frame in a span of a year!
I have since then stayed with my full fame as I searched for an everyday hit-the-streets camera and thought all the searching was in vain - for how does one have a satisfactory pocket camera after shooting beautiful images with the full frame?
And just like love, I found it when I wasn't looking: my little beauty.
I'm so blessed to have such beautiful people and cameras!
“I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy.”
- Anais Nin
My Fujifilm X20 Experience:
Fuji X20:Stills in Motion
My OLD PhotoBlog:
Making Pictures with my DSLR
My Personal Blog:
hundreds of thingks
- Lego Steampunk 5,907 photos, 2,044 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 153,113 photos, 9,876 members
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,358 photos, 670 members
- Polaroid SX-70 / SLR 680 / 690 Camera Gallery 386 photos, 377 members
- ♥ fuji instax mini 4,438 photos, 850 members
- Fujifilm Instax 17,795 photos, 2,081 members
- Fujifilm Instax Room 48,675 photos, 9,282 members
- Polaroid SX 70 113,579 photos, 17,112 members
- Polaroid 307,918 photos, 32,568 members
- Diana Mini 40,240 photos, 4,662 members
- Talk Photography 74,242 photos, 1,587 members
- #edugood: A Project 365 to Focus on the Good in Education 2,874 photos, 120 members
- Decisive Moment 2,388 photos, 38,389 members
- Paranaque Photography Team (PPT) 71 photos, 29 members
- Fujifilm X20 36,356 photos, 1,885 members
- Fuji X10, X20 and X30 121,762 photos, 6,968 members
- Processing tutorials: By normal people, for normal people 393 photos, 679 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,930,404 photos, 190,340 members
- NH*JIPS Photography Club 0 photos, 5 members
- Canon EOS 500D (aka Rebel T1i & Kiss X3 Digital) 250,742 photos, 7,368 members
- *****Street Photography***** 1,167,107 photos, 28,610 members
- Beautiful Bali... 5,746 photos, 1,616 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 37,815 photos, 4,357 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 21,769 photos, 2,166 members
- Litratistakami (Sali Na!) 72,451 photos, 1,652 members
- 3Way Challenge (Closed for Now...) 32,573 photos, 1,896 members
- The Mother of All Challenge Groups - SADLY CLOSED 18,109 photos, 1,100 members
- *****FROM MY LENS***** 690,872 photos, 12,506 members
- "Philippine Photographic Society" 75,803 photos, 1,576 members
- Southeast Asia Images 355,040 photos, 8,304 members
- * Travel Photography for World Nomads * 907,165 photos, 16,864 members
- New & Learning 202,442 photos, 9,392 members
- Beginners Digital Photography: Tips_Tricks_Hints 387,049 photos, 16,794 members
- Larawang Pinoy 117,129 photos, 3,038 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 379,755 photos, 10,069 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 4,575,428 photos, 122,202 members
- Life Thru A Lenz: Quality Critiques 20,078 photos, 2,718 members
- "Team Pilipinas" (Unlimited Posting - Award 3) 116,622 photos, 2,604 members
- Beginner's Digital Photography 982,359 photos, 39,659 members
- Lonely Planet 1,256,019 photos, 30,000 members
purplbutrfly doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2007
- Manila, Philippines
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Fuji X20: Stills in Motion