vegetarian, animal lover, student, skeptic, fighter for social justice, traveler (not a tourist)
I like photos like these.
In mid-2008 my husband and I decided to simplify our lives and build a tiny house (less than 200 sq. ft.) You can follow our journey here. We love our 2 pit bulls (one is rescued from Hurricane Katrina), we grow a garden and preserve a lot of food, we work part-time so we don't end up acquiring things we don't need...basically we're bums. On purpose. With purpose.
I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
~Frank Lloyd Wright
Strange is our situation here upon Earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. However, there is one thing that we do know, that we are here for the sake of others. Above all, for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy., ~Albert Einstein
Look. Pay attention. See the unnecessary death and suffering. We don’t have to contribute or help to keep it going. We can stop being a part of this. And so, that’s what we try to do.
"We were not born critical of existing society. There was a moment in our lives (or a month, or a year) when certain facts appeared before us, startled us, and then caused us to question beliefs that were strongly fixed in our consciousness-embedded there by years of family prejudices, orthodox schooling, imbibing of newspapers, radio, and television."
"The point of public relations slogans like 'Support our troops'; is that they don't mean anything... That's the whole point of good propaganda. You want to create a slogan that nobody's going to be against, and everybody's going to be for. Nobody knows what it means, because it doesn't mean anything. Its crucial value is that it diverts your attention from a question that does mean something: Do you support our policy? That's the one you're not allowed to talk about."
Thanks to AlbertaFifty for the gift of a pro account in 2005, which got me hooked on flickr.
- Pola Dogs 1,691 photos, 335 members
- Experience Your Northwest 23,594 photos, 672 members
- Corners of My Home 110,566 photos, 12,218 members
- India Images 323,824 photos, 15,512 members
- American West 1,598 photos, 43 members
- Cats Being Bad 259 photos, 36 members
- Backyard Bird Watching 77,228 photos, 2,354 members
- cat criminalz 1,198 photos, 91 members
- Olympus OM-2 (Please read the TAG rules) 9,005 photos, 1,255 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,082 photos, 6,951 members
- HUH. Submissions 272,007 photos, 9,789 members
- When Light Leaks In 13,835 photos, 2,805 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,282 photos, 1,106 members
- Wet Dogs 5,311 photos, 705 members
- YourCampsites 2,182 photos, 300 members
- Hot Springs 1,109 photos, 341 members
- 35mm Photographers 775,916 photos, 19,399 members
- CanvasPop (Your Photos & Digital Images printed on canvas) 36 photos, 29 members
- 9 Lives Photoshop Actions 837 photos, 176 members
- Superheadz Clap 7 photos, 6 members
- Toy Digital 16,160 photos, 959 members
- Frost is Nice 8,575 photos, 1,420 members
- Industry_Industrie_Industria 28,542 photos, 2,043 members
- Industry 65,707 photos, 4,866 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,594 photos, 14,482 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,149 photos, 3,300 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,028,043 photos, 60,997 members
- The 21st Century on Black and White Film. 228 photos, 25 members
- American West in Black and White 9,403 photos, 292 members
- White Pitbulls ROCK! 242 photos, 38 members
- please bury me here 3,836 photos, 1,300 members
- I Love Film 509,728 photos, 7,958 members
- Faded Signage (FADED!) 22,126 photos, 1,946 members
- Geotagged: Idaho 1,248 photos, 90 members
- Backpacking and Hiking pictures 17,011 photos, 1,218 members
- Prime Lens Portraits 28,053 photos, 1,043 members
- "Black Frames" by The Impossible Project 2,674 photos, 392 members
- PX / PZ / 8x10 / PQ Silver Shade Film by The Impossible Project 19,241 photos, 2,489 members
- Boing Boing 88,294 photos, 4,921 members
- Portrait by The Impossible Project 5,103 photos, 963 members
- Selfsufficientish 1,994 photos, 182 members
- Offbeat Home & Life 2,624 photos, 670 members
- Pit Bull is just a name 114 photos, 13 members
- Idaho: People & Place 39 photos, 8 members
- American Elegy 20,603 photos, 478 members
- Postcards from America 13,420 photos, 783 members
- Aperture Users 321,007 photos, 11,583 members
- OEIL ACTIONS 171 photos, 61 members
- I ♥ SX-70 28,521 photos, 1,369 members
- Pan - Pola 12,847 photos, 569 members
"precious roy is going to rule in the land of port!"
14th July, 2006
- April 2005
- Kamiah, Idaho
- I am:
- Female and Taken