Hi there, I`m Kit. 41 years old now,I`ve lived in the same small town in Cheshire,England all my life,so I`m a country bloke at heart.
I run my own furnititure and antiques restoration business,a job that I love,even though my customers drive me crazy somedays!
Photography is just a great, fun hobby for me and I`m surprised to find I`ve been here on flickr for 8years!
Met my special someone here on flickr and through my photos and the 365 self portrait project made a lot of wonderful friends all over the world!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License
- Highwayman 108 photos, 15 members
- A.C.M C. .BRITAIN 33,147 photos, 3,652 members
- The Good Old (UK) Days. 2,810 photos, 70 members
- MARSEILLE ! 34,804 photos, 2,106 members
- Men together - Man to Man 2,429 photos, 410 members
- Spain 343,903 photos, 12,101 members
- coveralls 72 photos, 241 members
- Coveralls R Us 176 photos, 54 members
- brilliant flickr 694,205 photos, 17,029 members
- PARKS AND GARDENS WOODS 52,055 photos, 2,004 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 104,144 photos, 4,272 members
- in explore 710,580 photos, 63,005 members
- Pictures of Men 18,205 photos, 564 members
- Antique & Furniture Restoration Before & after 1,785 photos, 420 members
- Dachshunds On The Move 7,649 photos, 837 members
- Dachshunds 16,316 photos, 998 members
- Look out for Pirates by Invite only - *Refer to invite thread* 54,629 photos, 2,987 members
- gREEN cLOTHES 18,035 photos, 1,155 members
- _ink 582 photos, 108 members
- Reliant Sabre and Scimitar 3,615 photos, 195 members
- Amatuer Photographers 1,906 photos, 67 members
- Art Nouveau Tiles 2,003 photos, 49 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,977,123 photos, 107,811 members
- Gather a bud or two for Jake 28 photos, 7 members
- EYES °° GUYS - men's faces 3,691 photos, 594 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 1,686 photos, 679 members
- Gay Male Photographers 91,362 photos, 4,055 members
- Men...every one different. 78,775 photos, 6,452 members
- People and Paths 108,123 photos, 3,153 members
- The Sensual World 206 photos, 30 members
- Witley Court 1,502 photos, 150 members
- First World War 5,015 photos, 202 members
- MEN POOL of the world 15,268 photos, 1,492 members
- Walking In Beauty - Nature's Pathways 53,468 photos, 2,864 members
- Congleton Bearmania 134 photos, 5 members
- THE MALE FASHION GROUP 10,852 photos, 1,271 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 13,239 photos, 2,908 members
- Once was home 75,324 photos, 2,462 members
- * Beautiful Flickr Diversity 15,374 photos, 1,116 members
- QUATORZE 417 photos, 93 members
- Extraordinary Faces 25,125 photos, 388 members
- Art Climbers 13,298 photos, 1,670 members
- 1,000,000 Car Photos 1,368,919 photos, 12,172 members
- Garden Landscape Planting on Slopes 814 photos, 56 members
- Cars are the stars... 10,249 photos, 197 members
- The Minute Diaries 34 photos, 4 members
- Food I Cooked / Homecooking 8,649 photos, 126 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 125,343 photos, 28,757 members
- For the Love of Yellow 26,800 photos, 2,191 members
- Flickr Rainbow Pics 4,111 photos, 652 members
Arnett Gill says:
"Very talented and kind! And a recently retired 365er. maybe one day he will put the gloves back on, but if not... he is a legend none the less! Here is to you KIT!"
December 31st, 2009
"I've known Kit for some time now, originally though his fantastic 365 (year one). I'm still following him, because he's a wonderful person: sweet, funny, caring, intelligent, and also because his photos always make me smile :) Yay for Kit!"
September 29th, 2009
"Practicalowl was one of the first friends I made on Flickr when I joined 1.5 years ago. I remember seeing one of his 365 photos and thinking "How in mother****** hell am I going to beat this dude in creativity!." I was pretty blown away by the ideas and props he came up with and the ever changing themes. His work outside of 365 is a force to be reckoned with as well. Never have I been able to capture the mood and raw energy that he does. I'm starting to think hes supernatural. I'm almost scared of him.
Cheers, my friend! And thank you for all your feedback.
July 22nd, 2009
"A Practicalowl called Kit,
With a hat and a devilish whip,
His shots are delightful,
His comments insigtful,
And... um... I wouldn't go calling him a drip?
Meh, you get the point. Contact this man up, for he is 49 distinct and totally unique flavours of awesome in one pocket-sized package :)"
March 24th, 2008
One Thousand New Ways says:
"Of all the photostreams on flickr, Kit's is - by a long way - one of my personal favourites.
Not only is he skilled at composing interesting images, he is blessed with the ability to come up with unique, quirky, and interesting, original ideas constantly.
Viewing his photos merely spurs me on to do more, to do better, and to keep at it.
A fine photographer, and a fine man.
One of my photography heroes.
One of flickr's best."
January 11th, 2008
Trini W. says:
"Kit - well what can I say that hasn't been said already?
I love his work - his 365days set is so very creative, funny, emotional, honest...
Every day I look forward to checking out his stream - and I know I am not the only one that gets withdrawel symptoms when he is out & about and off flickr ; )
Cheers for being such an active commenter & keep up the great work!"
July 11th, 2007
"Kit’s photos have everything – Skill, quality, humour, creativity and more!! I always look forward to his 365’s and I love how much thought he puts into them. I have always appreciated Kit’s comments on my work; he always takes the time to give an honest opinion and has often inspired me when I have lost my way. I have enjoyed getting to know him over the last 6 months and can’t wait to meet up with him some time soon."
June 7th, 2007
"Kit's photostream is one of my favourites on Flickr and I always look forward to his shots. He has excellent, fun ideas and executes them beautifully. Wonderful stream!"
March 7th, 2007
"One of my favorite activities on Flickr is checking out practicalowl's photostream. I love Kit's photos, from his serious, contemplative shots to his whimsical, quirky portraits. He has a great sense of lighting and composition, and I'm always waiting with anticipation to see what's next! So go see his pics and enjoy his great work!"
December 15th, 2006
"Kit tells you exactly how it is with his imagery, no distortion or manipulation to his documentary works he just sees life and captures it by the horns. That aside, his playfulness and humor have a sinister side with ideas to be multiple people are a niche close to my own heart. Thanks Kit, a genuine and ingenius photographer and human being. xxx"
October 10th, 2006
- September 2006
- United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Furniture restorer