Hi there, I`m Kit. 39 years old now,I`ve lived in the same small town in Cheshire,England all my life,so I`m a country bloke at heart.
I run my own furnititure and antiques restoration business,a job that I love,even though my customers drive me crazy somedays!
Photography is just a great, fun hobby for me and I`m surprised to find I`ve been here on flickr for 6 years!
Met my special someone here on flickr and through my photos and the 365 self portrait project made a lot of wonderful friends all over the world!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License
- in explore 177,018 photos, 12,253 members
- Pictures of Men 6,407 photos, 316 members
- Antique & Furniture Restoration Before & after 1,312 photos, 335 members
- Dachshunds On The Move 6,451 photos, 751 members
- Dachshunds 13,935 photos, 830 members
- Look out for Pirates 20,344 photos, 927 members
- LABEL WHORE 15 photos, 7 members
- Official FLICKR Dog and Pony Show 274 photos, 85 members
- The Siblinghood of the Travelling Wookie Hood 3 photos, 36 members
- gREEN cLOTHES 13,598 photos, 830 members
- _ink 501 photos, 93 members
- Reliant Sabre and Scimitar 2,127 photos, 137 members
- Amatuer Photographers 1,799 photos, 66 members
- Art Nouveau Tiles 411 photos, 21 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,890,890 photos, 81,712 members
- Gather a bud or two for Jake 19 photos, 6 members
- EYES °° GUYS - faces of men 3,752 photos, 498 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 719 photos, 575 members
- Gay Male Photographers 64,734 photos, 3,485 members
- Men...every one different. 59,448 photos, 5,479 members
- The Teleidoscope - Week 52: How to find peace 4,038 photos, 1,179 members
- People and Paths 68,711 photos, 2,424 members
- The Sensual World 145 photos, 19 members
- Witley Court 1,220 photos, 100 members
- First World War 3,127 photos, 109 members
- Stoke Pride 2011 26 photos, 10 members
- MEN (group) POOL of the world 10,922 photos, 1,042 members
- Walking In Beauty - Nature's Pathways 44,419 photos, 2,757 members
- Congleton Bearmania 134 photos, 6 members
- THE MALE FASHION GROUP 7,137 photos, 958 members
- Invisible Self Portraits 114 photos, 13 members
- BMP * Best Men on Photos 12,218 photos, 1,973 members
- Once was home 38,205 photos, 1,572 members
- because it is beautiful 7,303 photos, 628 members
- QUATORZE 374 photos, 87 members
- Extraordinary Faces 5,633 photos, 292 members
- Art Climbers 9,205 photos, 1,239 members
- 1,000,000 Car Photos 945,903 photos, 9,958 members
- Garden Landscape Planting on Slopes 768 photos, 35 members
- Cars are the stars... 7,686 photos, 165 members
- The Minute Diaries 35 photos, 5 members
- Food I Cooked / Homecooking 6,952 photos, 107 members
- Photo Faux Pas 356 photos, 107 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 123,269 photos, 25,088 members
- For the Love of Yellow 20,915 photos, 2,023 members
- BAREFOOT LIVING 9,755 photos, 892 members
- Flickr Rainbow Pics 3,548 photos, 617 members
- Leave your emotion at the door :: 7,199 photos, 598 members
- Be a Treehugger: Amazing Trees Around the World 15,236 photos, 926 members
- Alas, Poor Yorick 96 photos, 26 members
Arnett Gill says:
"Very talented and kind! And a recently retired 365er. maybe one day he will put the gloves back on, but if not... he is a legend none the less! Here is to you KIT!"
31st December, 2009
"I've known Kit for some time now, originally though his fantastic 365 (year one). I'm still following him, because he's a wonderful person: sweet, funny, caring, intelligent, and also because his photos always make me smile :) Yay for Kit!"
29th September, 2009
"Practicalowl was one of the first friends I made on Flickr when I joined 1.5 years ago. I remember seeing one of his 365 photos and thinking "How in mother****** hell am I going to beat this dude in creativity!." I was pretty blown away by the ideas and props he came up with and the ever changing themes. His work outside of 365 is a force to be reckoned with as well. Never have I been able to capture the mood and raw energy that he does. I'm starting to think hes supernatural. I'm almost scared of him.
Cheers, my friend! And thank you for all your feedback.
22nd July, 2009
"A Practicalowl called Kit,
With a hat and a devilish whip,
His shots are delightful,
His comments insigtful,
And... um... I wouldn't go calling him a drip?
Meh, you get the point. Contact this man up, for he is 49 distinct and totally unique flavours of awesome in one pocket-sized package :)"
24th March, 2008
One Thousand New Ways says:
"Of all the photostreams on flickr, Kit's is - by a long way - one of my personal favourites.
Not only is he skilled at composing interesting images, he is blessed with the ability to come up with unique, quirky, and interesting, original ideas constantly.
Viewing his photos merely spurs me on to do more, to do better, and to keep at it.
A fine photographer, and a fine man.
One of my photography heroes.
One of flickr's best."
11th January, 2008
Trini W. says:
"Kit - well what can I say that hasn't been said already?
I love his work - his 365days set is so very creative, funny, emotional, honest...
Every day I look forward to checking out his stream - and I know I am not the only one that gets withdrawel symptoms when he is out & about and off flickr ; )
Cheers for being such an active commenter & keep up the great work!"
11th July, 2007
"Kit’s photos have everything – Skill, quality, humour, creativity and more!! I always look forward to his 365’s and I love how much thought he puts into them. I have always appreciated Kit’s comments on my work; he always takes the time to give an honest opinion and has often inspired me when I have lost my way. I have enjoyed getting to know him over the last 6 months and can’t wait to meet up with him some time soon."
7th June, 2007
"Kit's photostream is one of my favourites on Flickr and I always look forward to his shots. He has excellent, fun ideas and executes them beautifully. Wonderful stream!"
7th March, 2007
"One of my favorite activities on Flickr is checking out practicalowl's photostream. I love Kit's photos, from his serious, contemplative shots to his whimsical, quirky portraits. He has a great sense of lighting and composition, and I'm always waiting with anticipation to see what's next! So go see his pics and enjoy his great work!"
15th December, 2006
"Kit tells you exactly how it is with his imagery, no distortion or manipulation to his documentary works he just sees life and captures it by the horns. That aside, his playfulness and humor have a sinister side with ideas to be multiple people are a niche close to my own heart. Thanks Kit, a genuine and ingenius photographer and human being. xxx"
10th October, 2006
- September 2006
- United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Furniture restorer