Hi there, I`m Kit. 41 years old now,I`ve lived in the same small town in Cheshire,England all my life,so I`m a country bloke at heart.
I run my own furnititure and antiques restoration business,a job that I love,even though my customers drive me crazy somedays!
Photography is just a great, fun hobby for me and I`m surprised to find I`ve been here on flickr for 8years!
Met my special someone here on flickr and through my photos and the 365 self portrait project made a lot of wonderful friends all over the world!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License
- A.C.M C. . 19,821 photos, 2,388 members
- The Good Old (UK) Days. 1,882 photos, 52 members
- MARSEILLE ! 33,144 photos, 2,037 members
- Men together - Man to Man 2,437 photos, 396 members
- Spain 337,426 photos, 11,792 members
- coveralls 89 photos, 237 members
- Coveralls R Us 191 photos, 52 members
- brilliant flickr 579,906 photos, 15,332 members
- PARKS AND GARDENS WOODS 46,192 photos, 1,977 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 94,820 photos, 4,224 members
- in explore 634,136 photos, 57,199 members
- Pictures of Men 19,559 photos, 537 members
- Antique & Furniture Restoration Before & after 1,735 photos, 409 members
- Dachshunds On The Move 7,574 photos, 828 members
- Dachshunds 16,180 photos, 982 members
- Look out for Pirates by Invite only - *Refer to invite thread* 50,752 photos, 2,715 members
- gREEN cLOTHES 17,434 photos, 1,097 members
- _ink 576 photos, 107 members
- Reliant Sabre and Scimitar 3,367 photos, 180 members
- Amatuer Photographers 1,793 photos, 67 members
- Art Nouveau Tiles 1,881 photos, 39 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,554,174 photos, 104,858 members
- Gather a bud or two for Jake 27 photos, 7 members
- EYES °° GUYS - men's faces 3,585 photos, 571 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 1,503 photos, 672 members
- Gay Male Photographers 89,062 photos, 3,986 members
- Men...every one different. 81,313 photos, 6,334 members
- People and Paths 102,936 photos, 3,088 members
- The Sensual World 204 photos, 29 members
- Witley Court 1,453 photos, 139 members
- First World War 4,837 photos, 195 members
- MEN POOL of the world 14,650 photos, 1,431 members
- Walking In Beauty - Nature's Pathways 51,937 photos, 2,848 members
- Congleton Bearmania 134 photos, 5 members
- THE MALE FASHION GROUP 10,440 photos, 1,226 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 12,937 photos, 2,757 members
- Once was home 71,056 photos, 2,441 members
- * most beautiful on Flickr 12,762 photos, 1,024 members
- QUATORZE 417 photos, 93 members
- Extraordinary Faces 23,026 photos, 383 members
- Art Climbers 12,715 photos, 1,621 members
- 1,000,000 Car Photos 1,313,736 photos, 11,989 members
- Garden Landscape Planting on Slopes 813 photos, 56 members
- Cars are the stars... 9,633 photos, 195 members
- The Minute Diaries 34 photos, 4 members
- Food I Cooked / Homecooking 8,419 photos, 125 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 125,379 photos, 28,569 members
- For the Love of Yellow 25,760 photos, 2,152 members
- Flickr Rainbow Pics 3,944 photos, 635 members
- Leave your emotion at the door :: 10,605 photos, 803 members
Arnett Gill says:
"Very talented and kind! And a recently retired 365er. maybe one day he will put the gloves back on, but if not... he is a legend none the less! Here is to you KIT!"
December 31st, 2009
"I've known Kit for some time now, originally though his fantastic 365 (year one). I'm still following him, because he's a wonderful person: sweet, funny, caring, intelligent, and also because his photos always make me smile :) Yay for Kit!"
September 29th, 2009
"Practicalowl was one of the first friends I made on Flickr when I joined 1.5 years ago. I remember seeing one of his 365 photos and thinking "How in mother****** hell am I going to beat this dude in creativity!." I was pretty blown away by the ideas and props he came up with and the ever changing themes. His work outside of 365 is a force to be reckoned with as well. Never have I been able to capture the mood and raw energy that he does. I'm starting to think hes supernatural. I'm almost scared of him.
Cheers, my friend! And thank you for all your feedback.
July 22nd, 2009
"A Practicalowl called Kit,
With a hat and a devilish whip,
His shots are delightful,
His comments insigtful,
And... um... I wouldn't go calling him a drip?
Meh, you get the point. Contact this man up, for he is 49 distinct and totally unique flavours of awesome in one pocket-sized package :)"
March 24th, 2008
One Thousand New Ways says:
"Of all the photostreams on flickr, Kit's is - by a long way - one of my personal favourites.
Not only is he skilled at composing interesting images, he is blessed with the ability to come up with unique, quirky, and interesting, original ideas constantly.
Viewing his photos merely spurs me on to do more, to do better, and to keep at it.
A fine photographer, and a fine man.
One of my photography heroes.
One of flickr's best."
January 11th, 2008
Trini W. says:
"Kit - well what can I say that hasn't been said already?
I love his work - his 365days set is so very creative, funny, emotional, honest...
Every day I look forward to checking out his stream - and I know I am not the only one that gets withdrawel symptoms when he is out & about and off flickr ; )
Cheers for being such an active commenter & keep up the great work!"
July 11th, 2007
"Kit’s photos have everything – Skill, quality, humour, creativity and more!! I always look forward to his 365’s and I love how much thought he puts into them. I have always appreciated Kit’s comments on my work; he always takes the time to give an honest opinion and has often inspired me when I have lost my way. I have enjoyed getting to know him over the last 6 months and can’t wait to meet up with him some time soon."
June 7th, 2007
"Kit's photostream is one of my favourites on Flickr and I always look forward to his shots. He has excellent, fun ideas and executes them beautifully. Wonderful stream!"
March 7th, 2007
"One of my favorite activities on Flickr is checking out practicalowl's photostream. I love Kit's photos, from his serious, contemplative shots to his whimsical, quirky portraits. He has a great sense of lighting and composition, and I'm always waiting with anticipation to see what's next! So go see his pics and enjoy his great work!"
December 15th, 2006
"Kit tells you exactly how it is with his imagery, no distortion or manipulation to his documentary works he just sees life and captures it by the horns. That aside, his playfulness and humor have a sinister side with ideas to be multiple people are a niche close to my own heart. Thanks Kit, a genuine and ingenius photographer and human being. xxx"
October 10th, 2006
- September 2006
- United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Furniture restorer