Hi there, I`m Kit. 41 years old now,I`ve lived in the same small town in Cheshire,England all my life,so I`m a country bloke at heart.
I run my own furnititure and antiques restoration business,a job that I love,even though my customers drive me crazy somedays!
Photography is just a great, fun hobby for me and I`m surprised to find I`ve been here on flickr for 8years!
Met my special someone here on flickr and through my photos and the 365 self portrait project made a lot of wonderful friends all over the world!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License
- Spain 291,910 photos, 10,361 members
- coveralls 70 photos, 229 members
- Coveralls R Us 143 photos, 34 members
- brilliant flickr 256,061 photos, 9,443 members
- PARKS AND GARDENS 24,949 photos, 1,794 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 69,077 photos, 3,992 members
- in explore 394,075 photos, 34,206 members
- Pictures of Men 13,712 photos, 425 members
- Antique & Furniture Restoration Before & after 1,508 photos, 364 members
- Dachshunds On The Move 7,223 photos, 797 members
- Dachshunds 15,193 photos, 916 members
- Look out for Pirates 33,412 photos, 1,734 members
- LABEL WHORE 15 photos, 9 members
- Official FLICKR Dog and Pony Show 245 photos, 83 members
- The Siblinghood of the Travelling Wookie Hood 0 photos, 35 members
- gREEN cLOTHES 15,679 photos, 925 members
- _ink 517 photos, 99 members
- Reliant Sabre and Scimitar 2,771 photos, 157 members
- Amatuer Photographers 1,633 photos, 65 members
- Art Nouveau Tiles 1,514 photos, 30 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,136,346 photos, 94,032 members
- Gather a bud or two for Jake 24 photos, 7 members
- EYES °° GUYS - faces of men 3,279 photos, 527 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 1,162 photos, 621 members
- Gay Male Photographers 77,172 photos, 3,717 members
- Men...every one different. 70,873 photos, 5,841 members
- People and Paths 86,852 photos, 2,768 members
- The Sensual World 180 photos, 25 members
- Witley Court 1,337 photos, 126 members
- First World War 3,951 photos, 155 members
- Stoke Pride 2011 26 photos, 13 members
- MEN (group) POOL of the world 12,937 photos, 1,289 members
- Walking In Beauty - Nature's Pathways 48,135 photos, 2,799 members
- Congleton Bearmania 134 photos, 5 members
- THE MALE FASHION GROUP 8,361 photos, 1,102 members
- Invisible Self Portraits 124 photos, 15 members
- BMP ★ Best Men on Photos 11,315 photos, 2,328 members
- Once was home 56,911 photos, 2,147 members
- because it is beautiful 8,263 photos, 676 members
- QUATORZE 419 photos, 90 members
- Extraordinary Faces 16,810 photos, 357 members
- Art Climbers 10,806 photos, 1,425 members
- 1,000,000 Car Photos 1,104,295 photos, 11,064 members
- Garden Landscape Planting on Slopes 789 photos, 46 members
- Cars are the stars... 8,098 photos, 175 members
- The Minute Diaries 34 photos, 5 members
- Food I Cooked / Homecooking 7,533 photos, 112 members
- Photo Faux Pas 393 photos, 107 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,125 photos, 26,526 members
- For the Love of Yellow 23,025 photos, 2,068 members
Arnett Gill says:
"Very talented and kind! And a recently retired 365er. maybe one day he will put the gloves back on, but if not... he is a legend none the less! Here is to you KIT!"
December 31st, 2009
"I've known Kit for some time now, originally though his fantastic 365 (year one). I'm still following him, because he's a wonderful person: sweet, funny, caring, intelligent, and also because his photos always make me smile :) Yay for Kit!"
September 29th, 2009
"Practicalowl was one of the first friends I made on Flickr when I joined 1.5 years ago. I remember seeing one of his 365 photos and thinking "How in mother****** hell am I going to beat this dude in creativity!." I was pretty blown away by the ideas and props he came up with and the ever changing themes. His work outside of 365 is a force to be reckoned with as well. Never have I been able to capture the mood and raw energy that he does. I'm starting to think hes supernatural. I'm almost scared of him.
Cheers, my friend! And thank you for all your feedback.
July 22nd, 2009
"A Practicalowl called Kit,
With a hat and a devilish whip,
His shots are delightful,
His comments insigtful,
And... um... I wouldn't go calling him a drip?
Meh, you get the point. Contact this man up, for he is 49 distinct and totally unique flavours of awesome in one pocket-sized package :)"
March 24th, 2008
One Thousand New Ways says:
"Of all the photostreams on flickr, Kit's is - by a long way - one of my personal favourites.
Not only is he skilled at composing interesting images, he is blessed with the ability to come up with unique, quirky, and interesting, original ideas constantly.
Viewing his photos merely spurs me on to do more, to do better, and to keep at it.
A fine photographer, and a fine man.
One of my photography heroes.
One of flickr's best."
January 11th, 2008
Trini W. says:
"Kit - well what can I say that hasn't been said already?
I love his work - his 365days set is so very creative, funny, emotional, honest...
Every day I look forward to checking out his stream - and I know I am not the only one that gets withdrawel symptoms when he is out & about and off flickr ; )
Cheers for being such an active commenter & keep up the great work!"
July 11th, 2007
"Kit’s photos have everything – Skill, quality, humour, creativity and more!! I always look forward to his 365’s and I love how much thought he puts into them. I have always appreciated Kit’s comments on my work; he always takes the time to give an honest opinion and has often inspired me when I have lost my way. I have enjoyed getting to know him over the last 6 months and can’t wait to meet up with him some time soon."
June 7th, 2007
"Kit's photostream is one of my favourites on Flickr and I always look forward to his shots. He has excellent, fun ideas and executes them beautifully. Wonderful stream!"
March 7th, 2007
"One of my favorite activities on Flickr is checking out practicalowl's photostream. I love Kit's photos, from his serious, contemplative shots to his whimsical, quirky portraits. He has a great sense of lighting and composition, and I'm always waiting with anticipation to see what's next! So go see his pics and enjoy his great work!"
December 15th, 2006
"Kit tells you exactly how it is with his imagery, no distortion or manipulation to his documentary works he just sees life and captures it by the horns. That aside, his playfulness and humor have a sinister side with ideas to be multiple people are a niche close to my own heart. Thanks Kit, a genuine and ingenius photographer and human being. xxx"
October 10th, 2006
- September 2006
- United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Furniture restorer