Hi there, I`m Kit. 41 years old now,I`ve lived in the same small town in Cheshire,England all my life,so I`m a country bloke at heart.
I run my own furnititure and antiques restoration business,a job that I love,even though my customers drive me crazy somedays!
Photography is just a great, fun hobby for me and I`m surprised to find I`ve been here on flickr for 8years!
Met my special someone here on flickr and through my photos and the 365 self portrait project made a lot of wonderful friends all over the world!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License
- Highwayman 90 photos, 12 members
- A.C.M C. . 27,409 photos, 3,026 members
- The Good Old (UK) Days. 2,396 photos, 57 members
- MARSEILLE ! 33,987 photos, 2,079 members
- Men together - Man to Man 2,432 photos, 407 members
- Spain 341,568 photos, 11,994 members
- coveralls 73 photos, 240 members
- Coveralls R Us 165 photos, 55 members
- brilliant flickr 646,004 photos, 16,290 members
- PARKS AND GARDENS WOODS 49,915 photos, 1,995 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 100,621 photos, 4,250 members
- in explore 683,716 photos, 60,853 members
- Pictures of Men 20,663 photos, 551 members
- Antique & Furniture Restoration Before & after 1,757 photos, 418 members
- Dachshunds On The Move 7,615 photos, 836 members
- Dachshunds 16,249 photos, 994 members
- Look out for Pirates by Invite only - *Refer to invite thread* 53,638 photos, 2,914 members
- gREEN cLOTHES 17,899 photos, 1,139 members
- _ink 579 photos, 107 members
- Reliant Sabre and Scimitar 3,529 photos, 187 members
- Amatuer Photographers 1,863 photos, 67 members
- Art Nouveau Tiles 1,942 photos, 44 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,820,828 photos, 106,580 members
- Gather a bud or two for Jake 27 photos, 7 members
- EYES °° GUYS - men's faces 3,604 photos, 583 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 1,638 photos, 678 members
- Gay Male Photographers 90,369 photos, 4,027 members
- Men...every one different. 81,815 photos, 6,411 members
- People and Paths 106,509 photos, 3,126 members
- The Sensual World 205 photos, 29 members
- Witley Court 1,497 photos, 149 members
- First World War 4,940 photos, 197 members
- MEN POOL of the world 14,897 photos, 1,473 members
- Walking In Beauty - Nature's Pathways 52,885 photos, 2,861 members
- Congleton Bearmania 134 photos, 5 members
- THE MALE FASHION GROUP 10,686 photos, 1,251 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 13,096 photos, 2,839 members
- Once was home 73,926 photos, 2,449 members
- * Beautiful Flickr Diversity 14,246 photos, 1,063 members
- QUATORZE 417 photos, 93 members
- Extraordinary Faces 24,307 photos, 383 members
- Art Climbers 13,049 photos, 1,659 members
- 1,000,000 Car Photos 1,348,643 photos, 12,117 members
- Garden Landscape Planting on Slopes 817 photos, 57 members
- Cars are the stars... 10,063 photos, 197 members
- The Minute Diaries 34 photos, 4 members
- Food I Cooked / Homecooking 8,541 photos, 125 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 125,630 photos, 28,665 members
- For the Love of Yellow 26,366 photos, 2,177 members
- Flickr Rainbow Pics 4,058 photos, 646 members
Arnett Gill says:
"Very talented and kind! And a recently retired 365er. maybe one day he will put the gloves back on, but if not... he is a legend none the less! Here is to you KIT!"
December 31st, 2009
"I've known Kit for some time now, originally though his fantastic 365 (year one). I'm still following him, because he's a wonderful person: sweet, funny, caring, intelligent, and also because his photos always make me smile :) Yay for Kit!"
September 29th, 2009
"Practicalowl was one of the first friends I made on Flickr when I joined 1.5 years ago. I remember seeing one of his 365 photos and thinking "How in mother****** hell am I going to beat this dude in creativity!." I was pretty blown away by the ideas and props he came up with and the ever changing themes. His work outside of 365 is a force to be reckoned with as well. Never have I been able to capture the mood and raw energy that he does. I'm starting to think hes supernatural. I'm almost scared of him.
Cheers, my friend! And thank you for all your feedback.
July 22nd, 2009
"A Practicalowl called Kit,
With a hat and a devilish whip,
His shots are delightful,
His comments insigtful,
And... um... I wouldn't go calling him a drip?
Meh, you get the point. Contact this man up, for he is 49 distinct and totally unique flavours of awesome in one pocket-sized package :)"
March 24th, 2008
One Thousand New Ways says:
"Of all the photostreams on flickr, Kit's is - by a long way - one of my personal favourites.
Not only is he skilled at composing interesting images, he is blessed with the ability to come up with unique, quirky, and interesting, original ideas constantly.
Viewing his photos merely spurs me on to do more, to do better, and to keep at it.
A fine photographer, and a fine man.
One of my photography heroes.
One of flickr's best."
January 11th, 2008
Trini W. says:
"Kit - well what can I say that hasn't been said already?
I love his work - his 365days set is so very creative, funny, emotional, honest...
Every day I look forward to checking out his stream - and I know I am not the only one that gets withdrawel symptoms when he is out & about and off flickr ; )
Cheers for being such an active commenter & keep up the great work!"
July 11th, 2007
"Kit’s photos have everything – Skill, quality, humour, creativity and more!! I always look forward to his 365’s and I love how much thought he puts into them. I have always appreciated Kit’s comments on my work; he always takes the time to give an honest opinion and has often inspired me when I have lost my way. I have enjoyed getting to know him over the last 6 months and can’t wait to meet up with him some time soon."
June 7th, 2007
"Kit's photostream is one of my favourites on Flickr and I always look forward to his shots. He has excellent, fun ideas and executes them beautifully. Wonderful stream!"
March 7th, 2007
"One of my favorite activities on Flickr is checking out practicalowl's photostream. I love Kit's photos, from his serious, contemplative shots to his whimsical, quirky portraits. He has a great sense of lighting and composition, and I'm always waiting with anticipation to see what's next! So go see his pics and enjoy his great work!"
December 15th, 2006
"Kit tells you exactly how it is with his imagery, no distortion or manipulation to his documentary works he just sees life and captures it by the horns. That aside, his playfulness and humor have a sinister side with ideas to be multiple people are a niche close to my own heart. Thanks Kit, a genuine and ingenius photographer and human being. xxx"
October 10th, 2006
- September 2006
- United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Furniture restorer