I am retired and now getting back into the business (not for pay) of making images. I was initially exposed to photography at a young age when my father built a 4X4 darkroom in the corner of my basement bedroom. It was not long before I too was developing film and trying my hand at printing and watching images magically appear on the exposed paper.
I was in my twenties when I got my first decent 35mm camera, a Canon FTql and over time acquired a few lenses. I also had a medium format Rollei which was used for some wedding and portrait work. (I am no longer interested in doing that.) I expanded the darkroom in my own home and used it for several years before boxing it up for a move and never setting up again.
My early exposure with manual cameras with a light meter hung around my neck gave me a good technical understanding of light and the relationship between light, film speed, shutter speed and f stop which still serves me well today. Although the external light meter is no longer required. I still find myself shooting a lot in manual mode or aperture priority.
I made the jump to digital eight or nine years ago with a point and shoot camera. I am now on my second digital SLR having purchased a Nikon D300 July, 2008.
AF-S Nikkor 18-70 f3.5-4.5G
AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro
I post images which for some reason I find interesting although not necessarily works of art. All are post-processed with Lightoom adjustments and perhaps some cropping. I do use Photoshop CS3 on most photos and Photomatix on some.
I visit and comment on contacts photos unless I find they are simply collecting contacts and not taking time to view and comment on my photos occasionally. Even if I really like a photo stream, I will not hang around long unless there is at least some reciprocation.
I am enjoying your images. I hope you enjoy a few of mine.
Photos of Von Taylor (3)
- *ABSOLUTELY beautiful*post1-comment1 128,793 photos, 3,795 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 28,214 photos, 545 members
- Countryside Photography Moderated Group...(P1 - A1) 17,533 photos, 1,777 members
- Committee of Artists 24,178 photos, 2,834 members
- CHAMPIONS Photography (P.1- R3) 138,692 photos, 6,258 members
- ALL UTAH PHOTOGRAPHS 4,638 photos, 75 members
- *** Art of Photography © *** 33,953 photos, 1,252 members
- MY Winners Closing, now post to BLINK P1/A2 986,926 photos, 86,454 members
- nature's marvels 10,024 photos, 577 members
- Abandoned 754,101 photos, 53,854 members
- Flickr AID - Post 1 Comment 3 (!!!NEW!!! HALL OF FAME THREAD) 11,954 photos, 575 members
- Rhapsodic Poems of Homer - NO children please! 106,329 photos, 3,976 members
- NaTuReSCAPeS & WiLdLiFe 6,771 photos, 517 members
- Utah Amazing 5,053 photos, 165 members
- "Only Good Photographs - P1C2" 25,427 photos, 997 members
- Great American Landscapes 6,345 photos, 552 members
- The Neighborhood Ecologist 9,266 photos, 272 members
- Robert Smithson 37 photos, 20 members
- Best Black & White!! **Voting now open** 90,672 photos, 3,585 members
- The NEW Flickr. "BEST" picts.!! 26,171 photos, 2,294 members
- Railroads 186,969 photos, 6,131 members
- B&W Diamond Awards (Post 1, Award 5)-B&W Only - No Frames!! 209,387 photos, 17,800 members
- One tree 326 photos, 117 members
- A Virtual Journey: HD Photos of Excellence-Level 1 2,512 photos, 118 members
- Argus C3 Brick 763 photos, 140 members
- Mendon Photo Guild 7 photos, 24 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 131,375 photos, 6,180 members
- The Gold Project 2.0 7,195 photos, 1,314 members
- B&W 3,519,757 photos, 172,557 members
- Golden Garden 29,246 photos, 1,232 members
- Photos from Shooting Stars !! 8,128 photos, 1,302 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 214,242 photos, 3,564 members
- Creative Eye of the World 11,613 photos, 421 members
- Real West 9,695 photos, 177 members
- Blink again level 2 best of blink - INVITE ONLY Please award two 24,338 photos, 5,627 members
- Winged Wonders of the World 4,655 photos, 125 members
- L'amicizia fa la differenza - leggere le regole READ THE RULES 45,399 photos, 1,165 members
- Wild About Flowers - Macro 7,288 photos, 375 members
- Phenomenal Picture Perfect (Invite only with 20 favorites) 6,251 photos, 837 members
- "The Living Face" 20,683 photos, 587 members
- Photos sans Frontières (No people) - P.1 / C.2 231,909 photos, 5,629 members
- Moose 3,977 photos, 864 members
- The Healing Place 2,207 photos, 407 members
- Animal Award (Post 1 Award 3) 14,256 photos, 1,129 members
- U.S. 91 2,280 photos, 107 members
- Making "FRIENDS" from around the World - P1/C1 for each photo 22,664 photos, 1,214 members
- Historic City Centres (post 1....1) 79,329 photos, 3,621 members
- Utah's Hidden Treasures 954 photos, 95 members
- Fractalius Images 6,135 photos, 480 members
- Fractalius Photo's - ONLY Fractalius Photo's Please 6,223 photos, 1,051 members
jbarc in BC says:
"I have been looking at Von's photos for some time. He is an excellent technical photographer, and his work is both instructive and educational. Von is a very good Flickr friend who has taught me much about composition. His images of the country and wildlife, especially birds, in Utah are well worth seeing. I hope to go to Utah one day and do a shoot with him."
16th June, 2010
I just looked at your photos and I'm impressed by their variety and excellence. You seem to have the ability to take the ordinary subject or scene and make it extraordinary. Am looking forward to your other postings.
22nd August, 2009
"Si tuvieramos en esta maravillosa comunidad 2 ò 3 Pop38 màs, se duplicarìa el nùmero de personas en ella.
Es sorprendente como este hombre apoya, comenta, manifiesta, en todos los sentidos las fotografias de los miembros.
Claro ejemplo de una persona que sabe donde està en cada momento, en este caso, perteneciendo a esta gran comunidad.
Muchìsimas gracias Pop por tus comentarios, a mi, y me atrevo a decir a los demàs miembros.
Es un honor tenerte " por aquì". Recibe un saludo¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡"
26th June, 2009
is a friend! He is a really cool
man but not only he is cool and
he has loads of so many cool
capture all around his stream!
Please review his pictures
and see it on your own!
He has all kinds of pictures
for you! You will not be sorry
but be happy!
Wishing all the best
for the rest of his life!
Greetings from New York City"
14th April, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"I'm truly amazed at Von...for pretty well, always being the first one to comment on my pics as soon as they're up. Don't know how he does it, but I'm glad! He's a wonderful support...and friend! Thank You Von!"
14th March, 2009
jim hunton says:
"Von is a first rate photographer AND artist,he has been a great encourager and very supportive toward me,i am happy to call him a friend,thanks Von for sharing so many beautiful images !!!"
17th February, 2009
- RP - says:
",,I think, Von Taylor's photos are very spectacular and amazing. He surprise me sometimes with images of his wonderful country where he live. I appreciate his images, they're are speak to me. He comment photos with his honest meaning and that's is it! Thank you to be your friend!''"
30th January, 2009
Kathy Harrison says:
"Pop38/'s images are beyond beautiful - they are monumental. The vistas are photographed and processed in such a way that I am always amazed. I am touched that he would even look at my photos and find something to praise in them, but he somehow manages to find something nice to say. Thanks, Pop38/."
11th November, 2008
- May 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken