I started taking aircraft pics as a real hobby in 1984 and have been chasing the ones that have gotten away for 30 years now. I will take a pic of anything that flies floats or sits in front of my camera, but aviation is a true passion. My wife frowns when I mention I have taken more pics of planes than of the family through the years.
I am happily married to Diana and we are on our way to celebrating our 31st year together...
If you are interested in using my pics for whatever reason, like for your own personal use in blogging, screen savers, magazine articles, publishing, internet advertising, or wine bottle labels, just ask. 'All Rights Reserved' on Flickr is like trying to keep a burglar from walking in an open door and expecting him to not take anything....
So, please ask first...Pretty Please with Sugar on Top?!?
If you would like a screen printed t-shirt or a hat of any of my pics, send me a Flickrmail. I can hook you up.
visited 41 states (82%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Amsterdam travel guide for Android
- Boeing 777-200F 621 photos, 207 members
- British Aerospace Jetstream 31/32 134 photos, 6 members
- Airports: New York (John F. Kennedy) International [JFK/KJFK] 301 photos, 23 members
- Airlines: NEW American [AA/AAL] 1,099 photos, 234 members
- FLICKR NATURE 1,751,004 photos, 35,398 members
- **Explore Unexplored!** (10 Favs & No Explored) 139,065 photos, 8,510 members
- Airlines: Alaska Airlines [AS/ASA] 633 photos, 158 members
- SHOW OFF YOUR PICS!! 75,686 photos, 822 members
- Aviation Disasters 701 photos, 109 members
- "It's a Gulfstream" 695 photos, 39 members
- Gulfstream G-V 1,105 photos, 79 members
- Airlines: China Eastern Airlines [MU/CES] 672 photos, 221 members
- The Cameras Eye 379 photos, 16 members
- Oregon International Air Show 1,001 photos, 28 members
- Airlines: Lufthansa [LH/DLH] 2,392 photos, 343 members
- propliners old or new 4,183 photos, 154 members
- Airlines: Qantas Airways [QF/QFA] 1,688 photos, 268 members
- Airlines: Air Canada [AC/ACA] 1,967 photos, 295 members
- Hercules Aircraft. 2,411 photos, 190 members
- Combat Aircraft on Flickr 8,101 photos, 114 members
- Airlines: LAN Airlines [LA/LAN] 402 photos, 144 members
- Ship Panorama 228 photos, 13 members
- flying machine's 34,445 photos, 371 members
- Portland Harbor 489 photos, 44 members
- american general aviation 3,249 photos, 160 members
- Aviation Geeks 39,417 photos, 407 members
- VAQ-134 Garudas 195 photos, 10 members
- Airlines: WestJet [WS/WJA] 699 photos, 169 members
- Airlines: Martinair Cargo [MP/MPH] 210 photos, 163 members
- The absolute best of Worldwide Warbirds 4,257 photos, 220 members
- Boeing/Bell/Martin B-29 Superfortress 642 photos, 36 members
- Airlines: Emirates [EK/UAE] 3,170 photos, 386 members
- Boeing 777-200ER 2,891 photos, 280 members
- Airlines: Icelandair [FI/ICE] 728 photos, 217 members
- Airlines: Air France [AF/AFR] 3,594 photos, 339 members
- Airlines: Aeroflot [SU/AFL] 1,151 photos, 233 members
- Airlines: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines [KL/KLM] 3,498 photos, 428 members
- WA State Ferries 3,908 photos, 337 members
- Airlines: Korean Air [KE/KAL] 1,870 photos, 334 members
- Tugboats and Offshore Vessels Working 2,512 photos, 110 members
- Airlines: TAM Airlines [JJ/TAM] 953 photos, 233 members
- CARGO SHIPS WORLD-WIDE. 12,816 photos, 252 members
- AIRPLANE'S WORLD 234,742 photos, 1,277 members
- A350, A380 & B787 Planes around the World 9,103 photos, 415 members
- Willamette River 1,221 photos, 65 members
- Camuflaje de aviones militares / Camouflage of military planes 2,328 photos, 250 members
- MARITIME FAVORITES (Post 1 - Try to Award 3) 5,557 photos, 431 members
- Airbus planes 36,901 photos, 711 members
- Embraer Commercial Aircraft Family 6,208 photos, 529 members
- 5 Million Photos 700,118 photos, 1,283 members
Henrik Elstorp says:
You are non the less an awesome, well-tuned, high powered aviation photographer from one of my favorite States in the US.
I know my aviation hobby would be in a sad state of mind if You were not around.
July 25th, 2011
Yellow 01 says:
"Planephotoman has done an awesome job of capturing aviation at its finest, i am always amazed at the new photos he has to share. =]"
November 5th, 2009
"Fast" Eddie Maloney says:
"Met Paul at one of our Red Flags. Always a pleasurable experience to be able to shoot with Paul. Paul has an incredible photostream with a TON of photos especially in military aviation. Paul has an incredible eye/ear for airplane noises with an expertise in afterburners."
February 26th, 2009
"Pure Top Gun when it comes to the military photo shots! Keep them coming!!!"
September 2nd, 2008
"Paul (planephotoman) does a wonderful job of representing aviation photography on the internet. His work of capturing the 123rd Fighter Sq out of Portland, OR is outstanding. He doesn't stop there, he has great photos of the civilian aircraft that fly in and out of Portland also. It is always great to visit his site and see what is new."
August 4th, 2008
"Paul brings a serious passion for aviation photography to Flickr. His photos always feature concrete composition, clarity, and focus. His knowlege about USAF and Navy units and their equipment today and yesterday is unmatched. Paul spread the "gospil" of flickr to me and got me hooked, and I check out his photostream everyday for what he captures through his lens!"
June 14th, 2007
"Wonderful, Interesting, Informative. Planetphotoman really finds 'em. I count Planetphotomans' images of aircraft as my favorites."
August 29th, 2006
Ken's Aviation says:
"Planephotoman just keeps adding one excellent photo after another. I check out his photostream daily and recommend anyone else that likes aircraft do the same!"
May 20th, 2006
- December 2005
- Vancouver, WA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Need It Now Delivery
- planephotoman [at] yahoo.com