I have been thrilled by aviation since my childhood, constantly looking up to see what was winging by when I heard engine noise. I started taking aircraft pics as a real hobby in 1984 and have been chasing the ones that have gotten away for 30 years now. I will take a pic of anything that flies, floats or sits in front of my camera, but aviation is a true passion. My wife frowns when I mention I have taken more pics of planes than of the family through the years.
I am happily married to Diana and we are on our way to celebrating our 34th year together...
If you are interested in using my pics for whatever reason, like for your own personal use in blogging, screen savers, magazine articles, publishing, internet advertising, or wine bottle labels, just ask. 'All Rights Reserved' on Flickr is like trying to keep a burglar from walking in an open door and expecting him to not take anything....
So, please ask first...Pretty Please with Sugar on Top?!?
If you would like a screen printed t-shirt or a hat of any of my pics, send me a Flickrmail. I can hook you up.
visited 41 states (82%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Amsterdam travel guide for Android
- Real Law Enforcement Trucks 15,083 photos, 348 members
- China Lake Alumni 1,233 photos, 25 members
- All winter / snow / iceberg 2,787 photos, 971 members
- Boeing bizjets 857 photos, 401 members
- Israeli Air Power 208 photos, 23 members
- Worldwide Fire Boats 704 photos, 50 members
- ALL fire/ems 38,593 photos, 208 members
- Anything on Wheels 113,161 photos, 999 members
- Airshows of the World 51,807 photos, 1,421 members
- Aircraft: Airbus A330-200 3,808 photos, 278 members
- Fire Department Vehicles: Everything Except Engines & Ladders! 8,241 photos, 172 members
- Fire Boats 218 photos, 18 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 111,129 photos, 676 members
- Airlines: Horizon Air [QX/QXE] 139 photos, 15 members
- AirSpotters.org 4,129 photos, 129 members
- F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter 1,096 photos, 129 members
- Stealth Aircraft 287 photos, 37 members
- Cirrus Aircraft Corporation 724 photos, 35 members
- AIRCRAFT FRONT VIEW / FACE TO FACE 2,389 photos, 141 members
- Aircraft West Virginia ANG 89 photos, 8 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 747-200/F 502 photos, 178 members
- Derelict or damaged aircraft 4,292 photos, 457 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 787-8 5,008 photos, 488 members
- life of animals 6,034 photos, 134 members
- ALL JET AIRCRAFT 148,668 photos, 877 members
- world's military aviation 40,573 photos, 697 members
- Aircraft McChord AFB (KTCM/TCM) 630 photos, 23 members
- Airlines: jetBlue [B6/JBU] 894 photos, 192 members
- Aircraft Dover AFB (KDOV/DOV) 250 photos, 28 members
- Aircraft Travis AFB (KSUU/SUU) 346 photos, 30 members
- Aircraft Charleston AFB (KCHS/CHS) 342 photos, 27 members
- Lancair / Columbia Aircraft 275 photos, 22 members
- Aviation: 99+ Favorites 1,289 photos, 63 members
- Aircraft: Airbus A300/F 521 photos, 197 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 777-200/F 1,851 photos, 348 members
- British Aerospace Jetstream 31/32 475 photos, 28 members
- Airports: New York (John F. Kennedy) International [JFK/KJFK] 2,187 photos, 53 members
- Airlines: NEW American [AA/AAL] 3,005 photos, 339 members
- FLICKR NATURE 2,949,897 photos, 53,675 members
- **Explore Unexplored!** (10 Favs & No Explored) 244,944 photos, 10,003 members
- Airlines: Alaska Airlines [AS/ASA] 1,231 photos, 211 members
- SHOW OFF YOUR PICS!! 92,571 photos, 895 members
- Aviation Disasters 719 photos, 119 members
- "It's a Gulfstream" 3,020 photos, 83 members
- Gulfstream G-V 1,712 photos, 113 members
- Airlines: China Eastern Airlines [MU/CES] 1,287 photos, 294 members
- The Cameras Eye 3,146 photos, 29 members
- Oregon International Air Show 1,072 photos, 29 members
- Airlines: Lufthansa [LH/DLH] 5,531 photos, 467 members
- propliners old or new 9,182 photos, 219 members
Henrik Elstorp says:
You are non the less an awesome, well-tuned, high powered aviation photographer from one of my favorite States in the US.
I know my aviation hobby would be in a sad state of mind if You were not around.
July 25th, 2011
Yellow 01 says:
"Planephotoman has done an awesome job of capturing aviation at its finest, i am always amazed at the new photos he has to share. =]"
November 5th, 2009
"Fast" Eddie Maloney says:
"Met Paul at one of our Red Flags. Always a pleasurable experience to be able to shoot with Paul. Paul has an incredible photostream with a TON of photos especially in military aviation. Paul has an incredible eye/ear for airplane noises with an expertise in afterburners."
February 26th, 2009
"Pure Top Gun when it comes to the military photo shots! Keep them coming!!!"
September 2nd, 2008
"Paul (planephotoman) does a wonderful job of representing aviation photography on the internet. His work of capturing the 123rd Fighter Sq out of Portland, OR is outstanding. He doesn't stop there, he has great photos of the civilian aircraft that fly in and out of Portland also. It is always great to visit his site and see what is new."
August 4th, 2008
"Paul brings a serious passion for aviation photography to Flickr. His photos always feature concrete composition, clarity, and focus. His knowlege about USAF and Navy units and their equipment today and yesterday is unmatched. Paul spread the "gospil" of flickr to me and got me hooked, and I check out his photostream everyday for what he captures through his lens!"
June 14th, 2007
"Wonderful, Interesting, Informative. Planetphotoman really finds 'em. I count Planetphotomans' images of aircraft as my favorites."
August 29th, 2006
Ken's Aviation says:
"Planephotoman just keeps adding one excellent photo after another. I check out his photostream daily and recommend anyone else that likes aircraft do the same!"
May 20th, 2006
- December 2005
- Vancouver, WA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Need It Now Delivery
- planephotoman [at] yahoo.com