I have been thrilled by aviation since my childhood, constantly looking up to see what was winging by when I heard engine noise. I started taking aircraft pics as a real hobby in 1984 and have been chasing the ones that have gotten away for 30 years now. I will take a pic of anything that flies, floats or sits in front of my camera, but aviation is a true passion. My wife frowns when I mention I have taken more pics of planes than of the family through the years.
I am happily married to Diana and we are on our way to celebrating our 34th year together...
If you are interested in using my pics for whatever reason, like for your own personal use in blogging, screen savers, magazine articles, publishing, internet advertising, or wine bottle labels, just ask. 'All Rights Reserved' on Flickr is like trying to keep a burglar from walking in an open door and expecting him to not take anything....
So, please ask first...Pretty Please with Sugar on Top?!?
If you would like a screen printed t-shirt or a hat of any of my pics, send me a Flickrmail. I can hook you up.
visited 41 states (82%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Amsterdam travel guide for Android
- China Lake Alumni 1,207 photos, 24 members
- All winter / snow / iceberg 2,139 photos, 900 members
- Boeing bizjets 728 photos, 394 members
- Israeli Air Power 199 photos, 23 members
- Worldwide Fire Boats 682 photos, 51 members
- ALL fire/ems 37,624 photos, 203 members
- Anything on Wheels 106,858 photos, 988 members
- Airshows of the World 48,993 photos, 1,378 members
- Aircraft: Airbus A330-200 3,423 photos, 261 members
- Fire Department Vehicles: Everything Except Engines & Ladders! 7,010 photos, 159 members
- Fire Boats 171 photos, 16 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 85,233 photos, 631 members
- Airlines: Horizon Air [QX/QXE] 138 photos, 16 members
- AirSpotters.org 3,292 photos, 118 members
- F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter 891 photos, 119 members
- Stealth Aircraft 241 photos, 35 members
- Cirrus Aircraft Corporation 670 photos, 32 members
- AIRCRAFT FRONT VIEW / FACE TO FACE 1,856 photos, 100 members
- Aircraft West Virginia ANG 77 photos, 7 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 747-200/F 490 photos, 166 members
- Derelict or damaged aircraft 3,577 photos, 449 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 787-8 4,536 photos, 462 members
- life of animals 5,007 photos, 126 members
- ALL JET AIRCRAFT 128,916 photos, 832 members
- world's military aviation 33,061 photos, 660 members
- Aircraft McChord AFB (KTCM/TCM) 575 photos, 21 members
- Airlines: jetBlue [B6/JBU] 824 photos, 183 members
- Aircraft Dover AFB (KDOV/DOV) 163 photos, 24 members
- Aircraft Travis AFB (KSUU/SUU) 285 photos, 27 members
- Aircraft Charleston AFB (KCHS/CHS) 292 photos, 24 members
- Lancair / Columbia Aircraft 238 photos, 20 members
- Aviation: 99+ Favorites 1,065 photos, 63 members
- Aircraft: Airbus A300/F 493 photos, 191 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 777-200/F 1,701 photos, 340 members
- British Aerospace Jetstream 31/32 388 photos, 26 members
- Airports: New York (John F. Kennedy) International [JFK/KJFK] 1,864 photos, 50 members
- Airlines: NEW American [AA/AAL] 2,992 photos, 323 members
- FLICKR NATURE 2,754,076 photos, 51,172 members
- **Explore Unexplored!** (10 Favs & No Explored) 226,376 photos, 9,757 members
- Airlines: Alaska Airlines [AS/ASA] 1,197 photos, 204 members
- SHOW OFF YOUR PICS!! 89,130 photos, 888 members
- Aviation Disasters 731 photos, 114 members
- "It's a Gulfstream" 2,791 photos, 79 members
- Gulfstream G-V 1,658 photos, 107 members
- Airlines: China Eastern Airlines [MU/CES] 1,176 photos, 282 members
- The Cameras Eye 2,794 photos, 28 members
- Oregon International Air Show 1,066 photos, 29 members
- Airlines: Lufthansa [LH/DLH] 5,108 photos, 450 members
- propliners old or new 8,352 photos, 214 members
- Airlines: Qantas Airways [QF/QFA] 3,882 photos, 344 members
Henrik Elstorp says:
You are non the less an awesome, well-tuned, high powered aviation photographer from one of my favorite States in the US.
I know my aviation hobby would be in a sad state of mind if You were not around.
July 25th, 2011
Yellow 01 says:
"Planephotoman has done an awesome job of capturing aviation at its finest, i am always amazed at the new photos he has to share. =]"
November 5th, 2009
"Fast" Eddie Maloney says:
"Met Paul at one of our Red Flags. Always a pleasurable experience to be able to shoot with Paul. Paul has an incredible photostream with a TON of photos especially in military aviation. Paul has an incredible eye/ear for airplane noises with an expertise in afterburners."
February 26th, 2009
"Pure Top Gun when it comes to the military photo shots! Keep them coming!!!"
September 2nd, 2008
"Paul (planephotoman) does a wonderful job of representing aviation photography on the internet. His work of capturing the 123rd Fighter Sq out of Portland, OR is outstanding. He doesn't stop there, he has great photos of the civilian aircraft that fly in and out of Portland also. It is always great to visit his site and see what is new."
August 4th, 2008
"Paul brings a serious passion for aviation photography to Flickr. His photos always feature concrete composition, clarity, and focus. His knowlege about USAF and Navy units and their equipment today and yesterday is unmatched. Paul spread the "gospil" of flickr to me and got me hooked, and I check out his photostream everyday for what he captures through his lens!"
June 14th, 2007
"Wonderful, Interesting, Informative. Planetphotoman really finds 'em. I count Planetphotomans' images of aircraft as my favorites."
August 29th, 2006
Ken's Aviation says:
"Planephotoman just keeps adding one excellent photo after another. I check out his photostream daily and recommend anyone else that likes aircraft do the same!"
May 20th, 2006
- December 2005
- Vancouver, WA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Need It Now Delivery
- planephotoman [at] yahoo.com