I have been thrilled by aviation since my childhood, constantly looking up to see what was winging by when I heard engine noise. I started taking aircraft pics as a real hobby in 1984 and have been chasing the ones that have gotten away for 30 years now. I will take a pic of anything that flies, floats or sits in front of my camera, but aviation is a true passion. My wife frowns when I mention I have taken more pics of planes than of the family through the years.
I am happily married to Diana and we are on our way to celebrating our 34th year together...
If you are interested in using my pics for whatever reason, like for your own personal use in blogging, screen savers, magazine articles, publishing, internet advertising, or wine bottle labels, just ask. 'All Rights Reserved' on Flickr is like trying to keep a burglar from walking in an open door and expecting him to not take anything....
So, please ask first...Pretty Please with Sugar on Top?!?
If you would like a screen printed t-shirt or a hat of any of my pics, send me a Flickrmail. I can hook you up.
visited 41 states (82%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Amsterdam travel guide for Android
- Real Law Enforcement Trucks 14,674 photos, 349 members
- China Lake Alumni 1,232 photos, 24 members
- All winter / snow / iceberg 2,480 photos, 939 members
- Boeing bizjets 782 photos, 400 members
- Israeli Air Power 201 photos, 23 members
- Worldwide Fire Boats 693 photos, 51 members
- ALL fire/ems 37,865 photos, 202 members
- Anything on Wheels 109,239 photos, 994 members
- Airshows of the World 49,999 photos, 1,392 members
- Aircraft: Airbus A330-200 3,604 photos, 268 members
- Fire Department Vehicles: Everything Except Engines & Ladders! 7,912 photos, 169 members
- Fire Boats 201 photos, 16 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 95,174 photos, 649 members
- Airlines: Horizon Air [QX/QXE] 138 photos, 16 members
- AirSpotters.org 3,624 photos, 122 members
- F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter 963 photos, 122 members
- Stealth Aircraft 258 photos, 36 members
- Cirrus Aircraft Corporation 686 photos, 33 members
- AIRCRAFT FRONT VIEW / FACE TO FACE 2,090 photos, 122 members
- Aircraft West Virginia ANG 83 photos, 7 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 747-200/F 493 photos, 171 members
- Derelict or damaged aircraft 3,701 photos, 451 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 787-8 4,719 photos, 472 members
- life of animals 5,381 photos, 125 members
- ALL JET AIRCRAFT 137,488 photos, 849 members
- world's military aviation 35,625 photos, 673 members
- Aircraft McChord AFB (KTCM/TCM) 587 photos, 21 members
- Airlines: jetBlue [B6/JBU] 850 photos, 185 members
- Aircraft Dover AFB (KDOV/DOV) 220 photos, 25 members
- Aircraft Travis AFB (KSUU/SUU) 319 photos, 28 members
- Aircraft Charleston AFB (KCHS/CHS) 314 photos, 25 members
- Lancair / Columbia Aircraft 243 photos, 21 members
- Aviation: 99+ Favorites 1,290 photos, 63 members
- Aircraft: Airbus A300/F 504 photos, 195 members
- Aircraft: Boeing 777-200/F 1,769 photos, 343 members
- British Aerospace Jetstream 31/32 450 photos, 27 members
- Airports: New York (John F. Kennedy) International [JFK/KJFK] 2,009 photos, 52 members
- Airlines: NEW American [AA/AAL] 3,073 photos, 328 members
- FLICKR NATURE 2,830,967 photos, 52,222 members
- **Explore Unexplored!** (10 Favs & No Explored) 233,356 photos, 9,819 members
- Airlines: Alaska Airlines [AS/ASA] 1,230 photos, 207 members
- SHOW OFF YOUR PICS!! 90,441 photos, 892 members
- Aviation Disasters 710 photos, 117 members
- "It's a Gulfstream" 2,862 photos, 80 members
- Gulfstream G-V 1,674 photos, 108 members
- Airlines: China Eastern Airlines [MU/CES] 1,213 photos, 286 members
- The Cameras Eye 2,921 photos, 29 members
- Oregon International Air Show 1,072 photos, 29 members
- Airlines: Lufthansa [LH/DLH] 5,273 photos, 455 members
- propliners old or new 8,630 photos, 216 members
Henrik Elstorp says:
You are non the less an awesome, well-tuned, high powered aviation photographer from one of my favorite States in the US.
I know my aviation hobby would be in a sad state of mind if You were not around.
July 25th, 2011
Yellow 01 says:
"Planephotoman has done an awesome job of capturing aviation at its finest, i am always amazed at the new photos he has to share. =]"
November 5th, 2009
"Fast" Eddie Maloney says:
"Met Paul at one of our Red Flags. Always a pleasurable experience to be able to shoot with Paul. Paul has an incredible photostream with a TON of photos especially in military aviation. Paul has an incredible eye/ear for airplane noises with an expertise in afterburners."
February 26th, 2009
"Pure Top Gun when it comes to the military photo shots! Keep them coming!!!"
September 2nd, 2008
"Paul (planephotoman) does a wonderful job of representing aviation photography on the internet. His work of capturing the 123rd Fighter Sq out of Portland, OR is outstanding. He doesn't stop there, he has great photos of the civilian aircraft that fly in and out of Portland also. It is always great to visit his site and see what is new."
August 4th, 2008
"Paul brings a serious passion for aviation photography to Flickr. His photos always feature concrete composition, clarity, and focus. His knowlege about USAF and Navy units and their equipment today and yesterday is unmatched. Paul spread the "gospil" of flickr to me and got me hooked, and I check out his photostream everyday for what he captures through his lens!"
June 14th, 2007
"Wonderful, Interesting, Informative. Planetphotoman really finds 'em. I count Planetphotomans' images of aircraft as my favorites."
August 29th, 2006
Ken's Aviation says:
"Planephotoman just keeps adding one excellent photo after another. I check out his photostream daily and recommend anyone else that likes aircraft do the same!"
May 20th, 2006
- December 2005
- Vancouver, WA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Need It Now Delivery
- planephotoman [at] yahoo.com