MY FLICKR EXPLORE PHOTOS (Or at least the most I've had at one time.)
1. In absence of empathy, it rained flowers, 2. Untitled, 3. Carrie Watch the Sky!, 4. Monsoon, 5. I-10, 6. The palms at First Friday, 7. shiny red shoes
I have created a group called 'The Fairer Sex' which focuses on non-demeaning photos of women, something there is far too little of.
I am very protective of who I let into this group. If you are interested, please read the group rules and apply for entry.
I have also created a group called 'Grainy Day' which fairly treats grainy photos. My photos are constantly insulted for being too grainy or noisy. In many cases (although not all) this is an artistic choice. I know I'm not the only one who feels that graininess can be a benefit. If you feel the same way, you have a home here.
"A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And - how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth ... ?"
Phillip K. Dick
From THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE
"My mind is like a tape recorder with one button: Erase."
- Andy Warhol
I started photography in late May 2006.
I've never owned a camera before now.
It's just something I knew that I needed to do.
plagueoftruth's flickr score: 1787
Find me on MySpace and be my friend!
"And though I wear a uniform, I was not born to fight.
All the wounded boys, your life has sighed 'goodnight, my friends, goodnight'"
"Inspirations have I none, just to touch the flaming dove.
All I have is my love of love. And love is not loving."
- David Bowie
"We knew all the answers
And we shouted them like anthems
Anxious and suspicious
That God knew how much we cheated"
- Scissor Sisters
"Trouble with dreams is they don't come true,
and when they do, they can catch up with you."
"God surrounds me, I am fine."
"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
- Black Star
"I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones"
- The Decemberists
"I wipe my feelings off,
Makes me untouchable for life"
"I think this is the future and that was the past
But a part of me doesn't fully believe that
I know you're somewhere, caught in-between
The space behind the sky that hangs above me."
- The Sound of Urchin
"The magnifications explore
There slowly emerges a pattern
Details you normally ignore
You notice really what matters
It isnt a time or a place
Only an ebb and a flowing
A currently weakening space
Occuring, connecting, and growing"
- Built To Spill
"Your servant here, he has been told
To say it clear, to say it cold,
It's over, It ain't goin' any further.
And now the wheels of heaven stop,
You feel the Devil's ridin' crop
Get ready for the future,
It is murder"
"Burning every bridge that I crossed.
Just to find some beautiful place to get lost"
- Elliott Smith
"What are we coming to
No room for me, no fun for you
I think about a world to come
Where the books were found by the golden ones
Written in pain, written in awe
By a puzzled man who questioned
What we were here for
All the strangers came today
And it looks as though theyre here to stay"
- David Bowie
"Make sure you never
ever stand in each other's way.
When you got something that you gotta say
Look to each other.
That's the thing that we're gonna do.
From now on that's what we're gonna do
"I don't wanna know cause I forget"
- Morcheeba and Kurt Wagner
"Time is my time,
time is my own.
And I feel so alive,
but feel so alone."
"All your hopes and dreams
They rise and fall
- Windsor for the Derby
"Each day this concrete cave
It takes our love away
You're holding on too tight
The city won't make this right
And I swear
that the proof is everywhere
Romance isn't scared
And our hearts are beating cold
Like we were old"
- The Rosebuds
"He fills his head with culture
He gives himself an ulcer"
- Gang of Four
- Prince 968 photos, 390 members
- Portishead 238 photos, 110 members
- Goldfrapp 724 photos, 111 members
- Coachella 2008 1,195 photos, 59 members
- Sci-Fi scenery 9,766 photos, 1,437 members
- Song inspired 2,151 photos, 358 members
- To my nostalgia 21,182 photos, 1,248 members
- ***Vivid (Post 1- Award 3) 113,212 photos, 8,386 members
- Top 20 favourites for 2006 as chosen by the Flickr world 42 photos, 77 members
- ONLY THE BEST SHOTS 8,419 photos, 1,503 members
- Pick Your Best 12 From 2006 (Tag Photos "12from2006") 232 photos, 107 members
- Data Cline (資訊生態系) 28,720 photos, 1,048 members
- Dogs, Dogs, and More Dogs... 25,394 photos, 805 members
- Black & White Pics 157,825 photos, 3,682 members
- Stuck in Customs' Brilliant Cabal - My Cool and Clever Friends 120,947 photos, 3,999 members
- Fallen horizons / Horizontes caídos 556 photos, 251 members
- 5 for 2 5,251 photos, 1,274 members
- Favorites only: One photo/One Comment-to the right of your photo 9,589 photos, 1,574 members
- Flickr Weekly Fav (in your own photostream) 80 photos, 453 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 263,358 photos, 5,628 members
- turkuaz 618 photos, 146 members
- Polstar*'s contacts - [invite only] [read discussions] 2,717 photos, 451 members
- Stylish 4,649 photos, 1,677 members
- Out N About The World With A Camera 22,469 photos, 247 members
- The BOMB Squad 736 photos, 516 members
- My favourite photo 1,472 photos, 457 members
- Queer PDA Hooray! 438 photos, 378 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 14,670 photos, 7,134 members
- 1 day we'll have the most photos on Flickr 2,100,017 photos, 4,876 members
- Entitled 10,595 photos, 1,887 members
- ~Look and Listen~ 626 photos, 105 members
- Flickr Angels 64,816 photos, 3,261 members
- Flickr clickr 208,942 photos, 2,211 members
- flickrScorer // Post 1 score the 5 pictures before yours! 70,847 photos, 10,111 members
- ON ASSIGNMENT iS CLOSING...SHUT DOWN.......... 259 photos, 286 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 2,716,240 photos, 38,299 members
- Night Photo 9,329 photos, 633 members
- Monsters of the Id 4,050 photos, 432 members
- PhotoSnappers 6,315 photos, 156 members
- LeggNet's Contacts 25,188 photos, 1,283 members
- What's that in my front yard? 557 photos, 59 members
- Bad Signage 5,865 photos, 824 members
- The Storytellers (Post 1, WRITE for 2: READ THE RULES) 110 photos, 116 members
- Show Your $CROP$ 694 photos, 86 members
- 30 faves, 30 comments and 300 views 7,634 photos, 3,344 members
- Summer/Verano/Verao 14,523 photos, 1,093 members
- New photographers (1 coment to your right and 1 free) 28,953 photos, 1,907 members
- arizona urban explorers 3,995 photos, 149 members
- Weekly Theme Challenge: Enter & Vote 2,132 photos, 1,802 members
- Concert Photography Score Me! (Comment 5, Post 1) 6,814 photos, 3,311 members
Rebecca Alice...<3 says:
"i am officially the first person to call josh a contact and very proud of this fact! since his first shot that i saw [red shoes...] i have enjoyed many a photograph! not only is he great at photography he is also very nice, funny and has excellent taste in movies and music!! i have to say im very jealous of his talent and admire this ability to take the most wonderful photos!! rock on josh and keep using that brand new camera!! :]] xxx"
August 26th, 2006
- Joshua T. Ruth
- May 2006
- Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Artist, writer, salesman