MY FLICKR EXPLORE PHOTOS (Or at least the most I've had at one time.)
1. In absence of empathy, it rained flowers, 2. Untitled, 3. Carrie Watch the Sky!, 4. Monsoon, 5. I-10, 6. The palms at First Friday, 7. shiny red shoes
I have created a group called 'The Fairer Sex' which focuses on non-demeaning photos of women, something there is far too little of.
I am very protective of who I let into this group. If you are interested, please read the group rules and apply for entry.
I have also created a group called 'Grainy Day' which fairly treats grainy photos. My photos are constantly insulted for being too grainy or noisy. In many cases (although not all) this is an artistic choice. I know I'm not the only one who feels that graininess can be a benefit. If you feel the same way, you have a home here.
"A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And - how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth ... ?"
Phillip K. Dick
From THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE
"My mind is like a tape recorder with one button: Erase."
- Andy Warhol
I started photography in late May 2006.
I've never owned a camera before now.
It's just something I knew that I needed to do.
plagueoftruth's flickr score: 1787
Find me on MySpace and be my friend!
"And though I wear a uniform, I was not born to fight.
All the wounded boys, your life has sighed 'goodnight, my friends, goodnight'"
"Inspirations have I none, just to touch the flaming dove.
All I have is my love of love. And love is not loving."
- David Bowie
"We knew all the answers
And we shouted them like anthems
Anxious and suspicious
That God knew how much we cheated"
- Scissor Sisters
"Trouble with dreams is they don't come true,
and when they do, they can catch up with you."
"God surrounds me, I am fine."
"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
- Black Star
"I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones"
- The Decemberists
"I wipe my feelings off,
Makes me untouchable for life"
"I think this is the future and that was the past
But a part of me doesn't fully believe that
I know you're somewhere, caught in-between
The space behind the sky that hangs above me."
- The Sound of Urchin
"The magnifications explore
There slowly emerges a pattern
Details you normally ignore
You notice really what matters
It isnt a time or a place
Only an ebb and a flowing
A currently weakening space
Occuring, connecting, and growing"
- Built To Spill
"Your servant here, he has been told
To say it clear, to say it cold,
It's over, It ain't goin' any further.
And now the wheels of heaven stop,
You feel the Devil's ridin' crop
Get ready for the future,
It is murder"
"Burning every bridge that I crossed.
Just to find some beautiful place to get lost"
- Elliott Smith
"What are we coming to
No room for me, no fun for you
I think about a world to come
Where the books were found by the golden ones
Written in pain, written in awe
By a puzzled man who questioned
What we were here for
All the strangers came today
And it looks as though theyre here to stay"
- David Bowie
"Make sure you never
ever stand in each other's way.
When you got something that you gotta say
Look to each other.
That's the thing that we're gonna do.
From now on that's what we're gonna do
"I don't wanna know cause I forget"
- Morcheeba and Kurt Wagner
"Time is my time,
time is my own.
And I feel so alive,
but feel so alone."
"All your hopes and dreams
They rise and fall
- Windsor for the Derby
"Each day this concrete cave
It takes our love away
You're holding on too tight
The city won't make this right
And I swear
that the proof is everywhere
Romance isn't scared
And our hearts are beating cold
Like we were old"
- The Rosebuds
"He fills his head with culture
He gives himself an ulcer"
- Gang of Four
- Prince 952 photos, 393 members
- Portishead 238 photos, 111 members
- Goldfrapp 731 photos, 112 members
- Coachella 2008 1,255 photos, 59 members
- Sci-Fi scenery 9,552 photos, 1,443 members
- Song inspired 2,232 photos, 360 members
- To my nostalgia 21,142 photos, 1,251 members
- ***Vivid (Post 1- Award 3) 114,132 photos, 8,409 members
- Top 20 favourites for 2006 as chosen by the Flickr world 42 photos, 77 members
- ONLY THE BEST SHOTS 8,274 photos, 1,506 members
- Pick Your Best 12 From 2006 (Tag Photos "12from2006") 232 photos, 108 members
- Data Cline (資訊生態系) 28,830 photos, 1,050 members
- Dogs, Dogs, and More Dogs... 25,963 photos, 806 members
- Black & White Pics 161,597 photos, 3,705 members
- Stuck in Customs' Brilliant Cabal - My Cool and Clever Friends 121,109 photos, 4,025 members
- Fallen horizons / Horizontes caídos 555 photos, 252 members
- 5 for 2 5,410 photos, 1,278 members
- Favorites only: One photo/One Comment-to the right of your photo 9,530 photos, 1,576 members
- Flickr Weekly Fav (in your own photostream) 80 photos, 456 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 273,959 photos, 5,653 members
- turkuaz 628 photos, 149 members
- Polstar*'s contacts - [invite only] [read discussions] 2,774 photos, 454 members
- Stylish 4,635 photos, 1,679 members
- Out N About The World With A Camera 21,836 photos, 247 members
- The BOMB Squad 737 photos, 517 members
- My favourite photo 1,483 photos, 460 members
- Queer PDA Hooray! 438 photos, 376 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 14,650 photos, 7,122 members
- 1 day we'll have the most photos on Flickr 2,066,059 photos, 4,847 members
- Entitled 10,713 photos, 1,900 members
- ~Look and Listen~ 733 photos, 104 members
- Flickr Angels 65,759 photos, 3,236 members
- Flickr clickr 209,878 photos, 2,210 members
- flickrScorer // Post 1 score the 5 pictures before yours! 72,009 photos, 10,145 members
- ON ASSIGNMENT iS CLOSING...SHUT DOWN.......... 263 photos, 287 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 2,634,918 photos, 37,730 members
- Night Photo 9,447 photos, 629 members
- Monsters of the Id 4,059 photos, 430 members
- PhotoSnappers 6,442 photos, 156 members
- LeggNet's Contacts 25,284 photos, 1,296 members
- What's that in my front yard? 554 photos, 59 members
- Bad Signage 6,185 photos, 829 members
- The Storytellers (Post 1, WRITE for 2: READ THE RULES) 110 photos, 117 members
- Show Your $CROP$ 706 photos, 88 members
- 30 faves, 30 comments and 300 views 7,875 photos, 3,360 members
- Summer/Verano/Verao 14,831 photos, 1,093 members
- New photographers (1 coment to your right and 1 free) 29,321 photos, 1,914 members
- arizona urban explorers 3,887 photos, 147 members
- Weekly Theme Challenge: Enter & Vote 1,854 photos, 1,769 members
- Concert Photography Score Me! (Comment 5, Post 1) 6,939 photos, 3,321 members
Rebecca Alice...<3 says:
"i am officially the first person to call josh a contact and very proud of this fact! since his first shot that i saw [red shoes...] i have enjoyed many a photograph! not only is he great at photography he is also very nice, funny and has excellent taste in movies and music!! i have to say im very jealous of his talent and admire this ability to take the most wonderful photos!! rock on josh and keep using that brand new camera!! :]] xxx"
August 26th, 2006
- Joshua T. Ruth
- May 2006
- Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Artist, writer, salesman