I am a passionate self-taught trying to be sort of a photographer.
I am inspired by a lot of different subjects. Since a while my city and humans beings are inspiring me.
I have a strong interest for street photography. I love unstaged situations...the fact that I have to find the right timing to shoot and the unpredictability of what will appear brings me in a special state that I crave for. I am looking for something that catches my eyes...
Street photography is not the easiest type but I decided, even it might not be as "pleasant for the eye" for some as other types of photography, to continue in that direction, even if a lot of followers I have will not necessarely appreciate the changes...
The main reason I take photos is to get out there and click for some personal reasons like just enjoying the moment, collecting images I see. As simple as that...
I don't follow usual rules. I don't care about the equipment being used. And besides the understanding of exposure, the technical aspects for me don't count much except composition. But if you want to know what I use I can say digital camera. (One reflex and one compact, I enjoy the compact so much on the streets! ) I wish I had time to learn analog...
I prefer now to let the viewer make their own stories about my photographs so I don't add any title.
A lot of photographers in Flickr are, for me, a great source of inspiration. I spend a lot of time looking at photostreams, photographer's websites and books. I can also appreciate different styles than what I do, as long as what I see is quality images. I want to keep an open mind, I can learn from everybody.
It is sometimes difficult for me to express subtle impressions or ideas in English so I hope you will be patient.
Thank you for your visit, it is greatly appreciated!
You can also find me here
All my pictures are copyrighted. Please do not use, copy or edit any of my materials without my written permission. If you want to use any image, please contact me first.
« Les photographies que nous aimons ont été faites quand le photographe a su s'effacer. S'il y avait un mode d'emploi, ce serait certainement celui-là. »
---------- ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ------------
••• I am trying, as possible, to regularly visit or comment the posts of my contacts, so I keep my number of contacts reasonable. Following means following, I don't believe someone can "follow" thousands of contacts. I might not add you back right away if you add me to your list...and certainly not if I see you add thousands of people without even taking a look at their photostreams! I am also uncomfortable with compulsive clickers just to get faves back.•••
- Sarmad Magazine 16,908 photos, 567 members
- The Candid Frame 96,215 photos, 2,823 members
- NEOPRIME Fine Art Magazine | Eye Heart & Soul 6,544 photos, 324 members
- NEOPRIME: TALENTPOOL 15,804 photos, 882 members
- AFTERTASTE 427 photos, 95 members
- Street & Repeat - 106 1,873 photos, 799 members
- EYE-Photo Magazine 14,457 photos, 695 members
- The Inspired Eye 46,631 photos, 736 members
- Photography Is My Drug ☆ P.I.M.D. 1,236 photos, 1,276 members
- HBSP Hard Bore Street Photography 4,880 photos, 503 members
- Creative Street Photography 7,439 photos, 744 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 111,190 photos, 3,773 members
- Street & Repeat - 105 - curated 181 photos, 284 members
- Street & Repeat - 105 1,783 photos, 609 members
- DIPLOFOCUS ( The Best Of ) 3,164 photos, 1,178 members
- Art of Monochrome 95,363 photos, 2,336 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates - Urban Creatives 167,437 photos, 3,999 members
- Baker Street Photographer 407 photos, 332 members
- DIPLOFOCUS 17,207 photos, 909 members
- Plein de photos ! 7,781 photos, 140 members
- Street! 485,351 photos, 11,236 members
- Street PhotoClub 32,973 photos, 2,303 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 270,708 photos, 8,940 members
- In The Streets 221,445 photos, 4,063 members
- Street Photography Magazine 441,886 photos, 16,416 members
- Streetshots (people in the street) 714,779 photos, 17,049 members
- Shoot the Street 444,274 photos, 7,779 members
- Urban Art & People 46,867 photos, 2,580 members
- Place à l'humain 5,661 photos, 702 members
- J'y crois 21,139 photos, 790 members
- Canadian Female Photographers Group 146,091 photos, 1,771 members
- The Human Element 120,011 photos, 3,797 members
- Candid in Canada 3,686 photos, 352 members
- DÉJÀ VU (Adm invite only) 8,413 photos, 224 members
- Varn.'s World 13,900 photos, 261 members
- Superosity 117,810 photos, 4,122 members
Tommy from Stanley DH9 says:
"If I had the money, won the Lottery, like 'The Big One!', with sufficient money? I'd buy a knackered old bus with fifty seats and tell certain folk, to pack their fucking jobs in, we're going on a ride...
I'd roll up at their door, with a big smile and say, "Get ya fucking camera stuff! and fuck phoning your boss at work...", I'm paying...
That's pix to me. She's 'that' good and neat. A sister that is very apt."
May 4th, 2015
Fuji and I says:
"Olga's work has been a constant source of inspiration over the past few years. From her dancing self portraits to her newly discovered street photography, she redefines and reinvents the boundaries of what you can do with a camera or a phone. Love the grit and the contrasts in her photographs, her timing and sense of moment. Her photostream is a journey worth taking. Go have a ride and be inspired! Thank you Olga for sharing."
March 17th, 2015
"Olga for me is a true artist, her work is simply stunning, each shot a well thought out masterpiece. Olga is a true inspitation for me, her work is filled with true passion and taken from the soul. I love her work and i'm so pleased i found her here."
June 17th, 2014
Maky de Chaintre says:
"Le noir et blanc est pour moi la meilleure expression qui soit en photographie. Olga y excelle et y ajoute la sensibilité féminine que nous les hommes ne pouvons transcrire...
Beaucoup de ses clichés sont autant parlants que visuels, c'est bien là le secret de l'artiste qui nous permet de développer une histoire ou un fantasme... qui sait ?....;-)
March 2nd, 2013
"As you watch her photostream, you can realize her rich talent for the photography - especially in her portraits.
Her works always surprise me a lot, as you know."
April 28th, 2012
"Je pense que "pix-Olga" a un grand talent pour la photographie, il est vraiment une de ces surprise Flickr pour moi plus ces derniers temps!
Elle est très créative et chaque jour me surprend avec ses images ,....... Félicitations Olga et continue ainsi!"
September 25th, 2011
- Olga Tremblay
- May 2010
- Wanderer, dreamer, teacher