I am a passionate self-taught trying to be sort of a photographer.
I am inspired by a lot of different subjects. Since a while my city and humans beings are inspiring me.
I have a strong interest for street photography. I love unstaged situations...the fact that I have to find the right timing to shoot and the unpredictability of what will appear brings me in a special state that I crave for. I am looking for something that catches my eyes...
Street photography is not the easiest type but I decided, even it might not be as "pleasant for the eye" for some as other types of photography, to continue in that direction, even if a lot of followers I have will not necessarely appreciate the changes...
The main reason I take photos is to get out there and click for some personal reasons like just enjoying the moment, collecting images I see. As simple as that...
I don't follow usual rules. I don't care about the equipment being used. And besides the understanding of exposure, the technical aspects for me don't count much except composition. But if you want to know what I use I can say digital camera. (One reflex and one compact, I enjoy the compact so much on the streets! ) I wish I had time to learn analog...
I prefer now to let the viewer make their own stories about my photographs so I don't add any title.
A lot of photographers in Flickr are, for me, a great source of inspiration. I spend a lot of time looking at photostreams, photographer's websites and books. I can also appreciate different styles than what I do, as long as what I see is quality images. I want to keep an open mind, I can learn from everybody.
It is sometimes difficult for me to express subtle impressions or ideas in English so I hope you will be patient.
Thank you for your visit, it is greatly appreciated!
You can also find me here
All my pictures are copyrighted. Please do not use, copy or edit any of my materials without my written permission. If you want to use any image, please contact me first.
« Les photographies que nous aimons ont été faites quand le photographe a su s'effacer. S'il y avait un mode d'emploi, ce serait certainement celui-là. »
---------- ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ------------
••• I am trying, as possible, to regularly visit or comment the posts of my contacts, so I keep my number of contacts reasonable. Following means following, I don't believe someone can "follow" thousands of contacts. I might not add you back right away if you add me to your list...and certainly not if I see you add thousands of people without even taking a look at their photostreams! I am also uncomfortable with compulsive clickers just to get faves back.•••
- Sarmad Magazine 13,540 photos, 496 members
- The Candid Frame 80,751 photos, 2,458 members
- NEOPRIME Fine Art Magazine 4,291 photos, 273 members
- NEOPRIME: TALENTPOOL 13,548 photos, 851 members
- AFTERTASTE 205 photos, 31 members
- Street & Repeat - 106 1,066 photos, 674 members
- EYE-Photo Magazine 7,018 photos, 508 members
- The Inspired Eye 39,376 photos, 682 members
- Photography Is My Drug ☆ P.I.M.D. 1,218 photos, 1,170 members
- HBSP Hard Bore Street Photography 3,462 photos, 430 members
- Creative Street Photography 7,494 photos, 651 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 99,124 photos, 3,556 members
- Street & Repeat - 105 - curated 183 photos, 267 members
- Street & Repeat - 105 1,852 photos, 623 members
- DIPLOFOCUS ( The Best Of ) 2,544 photos, 1,152 members
- Art of Monochrome 72,854 photos, 1,866 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates - Urban Creatives 153,791 photos, 3,962 members
- Baker Street Photographer 377 photos, 317 members
- DIPLOFOCUS 14,848 photos, 930 members
- Plein de photos ! 6,266 photos, 137 members
- Street! 429,810 photos, 10,202 members
- Street PhotoClub 33,460 photos, 2,222 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 242,989 photos, 8,463 members
- In The Streets 193,676 photos, 3,655 members
- Street Photography Magazine 366,450 photos, 13,627 members
- Streetshots (people in the street) 657,027 photos, 16,111 members
- Shoot the Street 391,182 photos, 6,997 members
- Urban Art & People 45,729 photos, 2,427 members
- Place à l'humain 5,136 photos, 686 members
- J'y crois 20,886 photos, 789 members
- Canadian Female Photographers Group 141,068 photos, 1,760 members
- The Human Element 104,506 photos, 3,532 members
- Candid in Canada 3,677 photos, 332 members
- DÉJÀ VU (Adm invite only) 8,474 photos, 226 members
- Varn.'s World 13,219 photos, 261 members
- Superosity 119,720 photos, 4,163 members
Tommy from Stanley DH9 says:
"If I had the money, won the Lottery, like 'The Big One!', with sufficient money? I'd buy a knackered old bus with fifty seats and tell certain folk, to pack their fucking jobs in, we're going on a ride...
I'd roll up at their door, with a big smile and say, "Get ya fucking camera stuff! and fuck phoning your boss at work...", I'm paying...
That's pix to me. She's 'that' good and neat. A sister that is very apt."
May 4th, 2015
Fuji and I says:
"Olga's work has been a constant source of inspiration over the past few years. From her dancing self portraits to her newly discovered street photography, she redefines and reinvents the boundaries of what you can do with a camera or a phone. Love the grit and the contrasts in her photographs, her timing and sense of moment. Her photostream is a journey worth taking. Go have a ride and be inspired! Thank you Olga for sharing."
March 17th, 2015
"Olga for me is a true artist, her work is simply stunning, each shot a well thought out masterpiece. Olga is a true inspitation for me, her work is filled with true passion and taken from the soul. I love her work and i'm so pleased i found her here."
June 17th, 2014
Maky de Chaintre says:
"Le noir et blanc est pour moi la meilleure expression qui soit en photographie. Olga y excelle et y ajoute la sensibilité féminine que nous les hommes ne pouvons transcrire...
Beaucoup de ses clichés sont autant parlants que visuels, c'est bien là le secret de l'artiste qui nous permet de développer une histoire ou un fantasme... qui sait ?....;-)
March 2nd, 2013
"As you watch her photostream, you can realize her rich talent for the photography - especially in her portraits.
Her works always surprise me a lot, as you know."
April 28th, 2012
"Je pense que "pix-Olga" a un grand talent pour la photographie, il est vraiment une de ces surprise Flickr pour moi plus ces derniers temps!
Elle est très créative et chaque jour me surprend avec ses images ,....... Félicitations Olga et continue ainsi!"
September 25th, 2011
- Olga Tremblay
- May 2010
- Wanderer, dreamer, teacher