Of an age that appreciates Photography and FlickR.
I am a Crusty Old Sea Dog that happens to have a Camera.
I am blessed to be able to spend my life on the water , My true home. I like sharing that with anyone that may want to see it.
As anyone can tell,My photography is all self taught and I believe I have developed a style that some folks seem to understand and enjoy.
You kinda take what you can get and then try to make it interesting.
I learn from others by seeing and reading their comments.
I am really not interested in (Electronic Awards ) but a Complete critic is exciting.
I try and remember to finish all my comments with 'Thanks,'
I do this because I am well aware there are more important things to do rather than sharing your photos..
Yet we still do it .....
..............................and for that sharing,,I say,
Something Fun I Tried...LOL
Your Aura is Violet
Idealistic and thoughtful, you have the mind and ideas to change the world.
And you have the charisma of a great leader, even if you don't always use it!
The purpose of your life: saying truths that other people dare not say
Famous purples include: Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., Susan B. Anthony
Careers for you to try: Political Activist, Inventor, Life Coach
What Color Is Your Aura?
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
Kathryn G. Gosser Hogan- - - Mom
Photos of Trader Doc (3)
- Life... Thru Yur Eyes P1 /A3 51 photos, 52 members
- **E Ticket**(invited photos only) 18,950 photos, 1,566 members
- Through the Window Photo Challenge, August 2011 11 photos, 5 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,790,647 photos, 534,480 members
- Photographers ( behind the scenes ) 1,775 photos, 257 members
- FLAGS~ just Flags"n"Banners 2,839 photos, 270 members
- * World Waterscapes (NO Black&White Photos) 74,967 photos, 2,057 members
- Sweet Dogs 13,188 photos, 965 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 71,492 photos, 5,241 members
- Better than their Bests (Comment 1) 71,069 photos, 4,343 members
- Club Dog 43,694 photos, 3,011 members
- Landscape QUALITY Photography/ADMIN Invitation ONLY 122,660 photos, 14,095 members
- Flickr United (Award 3) 885,406 photos, 22,183 members
- Your Friendly Neighborhood Park- Now, open posting, no limits! 4,427 photos, 540 members
- Commercial Fishing 1,161 photos, 143 members
- Butterflies Bees Flowers & Bugs [Post 1 Comment 2] 5,878 photos, 601 members
- Verde e Amarelo - Green and Yellow - Vert et Jaune 17,563 photos, 1,699 members
- Flickr's Biggest Group 563,117 photos, 16,170 members
- Mix PICTURE FOR EVERYONE 158,846 photos, 5,540 members
- North Wind's Daughter ♥C1♥ NO family or tourist snaps! 57,500 photos, 1,452 members
- The Real Portrait 19,383 photos, 1,205 members
- Wednesday Contact Showcase 881 photos, 631 members
- ~BACKGROUNDS "n" SOURCE~ Photos for PhotoShoppers~ 256 photos, 179 members
- HBW (bringing the blurry since '08) 25,349 photos, 2,452 members
- Roger and Friends ( Post 1 / Comment 1 ) 5,564 photos, 746 members
- Best In Show (dog photography/invite only!) 23,133 photos, 6,056 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 108,546 photos, 5,267 members
- ANGELS ANGELS ANGELS (post1 Award2) 8,990 photos, 1,218 members
- **FlickrsBest** 248,074 photos, 17,215 members
- Dazzling Dogs! (Post 1; Award 2) 839 photos, 140 members
- Wichita Mountains 1,065 photos, 169 members
- Sun Ray Sunday (still alive) 2,509 photos, 615 members
- Cherry on top! Photography - Invited images - Post 1 Award 2 91,380 photos, 13,216 members
- Lives in Motion 61 photos, 28 members
- ADAPT 138 photos, 53 members
- Daarklands by ADMIN invite only *comment 1 * 30,737 photos, 3,594 members
- Making "FRIENDS" from around the World - NO PEOPLE - P1/C1 31,091 photos, 1,671 members
- Cianofilia by þαndαleps 2,683 photos, 584 members
- Just Keep smilin` 179 photos, 93 members
- Brother sun ♥ sister moon MANDATORY: YOU MUST GIVE 3 AWARD 31,527 photos, 4,327 members
- CANOAS E PESCADORES!!! (Post 1 Award 1) 2,984 photos, 1,025 members
- Travelling without moving 1,994 photos, 285 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 9,846 photos, 2,544 members
- Beautiful Light - One a Day 97,141 photos, 3,289 members
- Mad Mariner's Boats, Ships and Yachts 47,561 photos, 671 members
- Ain't That America 41,684 photos, 419 members
- *My Best Photos / New add 5 per day 6,616 photos, 474 members
- VosPlusBellesPhotos (Invite only) 78,953 photos, 4,074 members
- The Phantom of the Opera club. 0 photos, 8 members
- Let Wild Horses Run Free 0 photos, 8 members
"I don't write very many testimonials, though I have admired so many artists on Flickr, but Doc's images are always such an inspiration that I felt this was well over-due, His outlook on life and how He captures it is a joy to follow, always a positive note, thanks Doc for sharing your life and views, and for being a freind!"
June 2nd, 2009
"he's amazing a caputreing good pictures"
April 2nd, 2009
"Doc is an amazing influence that will send you soaring in the world of photography, humor, and heartsongs."
March 27th, 2009
"Doc, i believe everything that has been said here.. you are a true friend! God with you always! thanks for flooding my stream with your nice comments! ;-) i appreciate everything."
March 25th, 2009
"I haven't "known" Doc that long, but in the short time I have I feel that I have known him all my life. He is that kiind of individual. I have found him to be warm, supportive, encouraging, witty, funny, and when you need it....he'll give you a good swift kick in the a**. But, this is a photography site so a little about talent. Doc is very humble and quick to point out that he doen't know a lot about photography but looking at his photo stream belies that kind of talk. His pictures are not only beautiful, but they tell a story, when he gives you a glimpse of his world it is with real insight that Doc captures the scene. Along with the ole Pirate he makes not just a wonderful photographer, but even more I am happy that I found him on flickr and consider him a friend. Thanks for your work Doc.
February 7th, 2009
Angie Polston says:
"Doc is one of the first people I added as a contact after joining Flickr. I asked for honest opinions of my photos and he was the first to do that. It was done with honesty and kindness. I took his advice and have learned a lot in the process. He has an eye for beauty and a great sense of humor. I look forward to his daily posts because they make me smile. I hope he continues to count me as a friend and student because I still have a lot to learn :)
Thanks Doc :)"
January 15th, 2009
"What to write about Doc and the Pirate...
...It's not a difficult job, Doc has such a nice vision and honest feel about photography, It's a pleasure to have Doc and the Pirate as my "flickr"friends, and I hope to enjoy and experience many more of those lovely real life, gorgeous, colourful, shots! Nice work, well done Doc!
January 1st, 2009
"Trader Doc's photos inspire me to keep shooting each day! The sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking! His fun personality shows through in his photos and comments. Great Flickr Friend too! Thanks :)"
November 23rd, 2008
"Doc is a wonderful person, he unselfishly takes his precious time to give comments and give all support on my photos. He also a great photographer..Doc's sky and sunset/sunrise collection is unbeatable..keep it up my friend~! Hugs~!"
November 21st, 2008
"Trader Doc is one of the
best friends you could have on Flickr.
He is kind and generous. He will
make you laugh out loud.
He will make you stop and think about life.
You will love being among those who see
his good morning and good night photos
faithfully posted every day. In a world of un-grace,
Doc is a man of grace. He is a gentle soul
and I am blessed to call him my friend!"
October 2nd, 2008
Raising Cane says:
"Doc, You are such a wonderful friend! You are always there for me! Your images and kind advise are so beautiful! I always look forward to your comments and uplifting words:o) Thank you!!"
September 28th, 2008
"Trader Doc's pictures are so awe-inspiring, and still so relaxing. He has an eye for the beautiful and we're fortunate that he chooses to share that with us. I always look forward to his pictures. :)"
June 20th, 2008
- Trader Doc Hogan
- February 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- USN / FMF/ retired