To see my window stars and other artwork that's for sale, please visit my Etsy shop at: www.harvestmoonbyhand.etsy.com
My blog is at: harvestmoonbyhand.blogspot.com/
This is more about who I am:
After many years in the non-profit sector (with the last 8 of that founding/operating/directing a children's art and farm camp), I'm now a stay-at-home mom who homeschools my two daughters.
This is perhaps the most challenging - and rewarding - position I've held. I feel so fortunate each day that I get to spend teaching and learning with the girls.
Following a rather eclectic approach, I tend to incorporate several methods including: Charlotte Mason, Waldorf, Montessori, unit study, and classical.
Currently, in the 2012-13 school year, I'm using the Sonlight Curriculum with the girls which has been such a wonderful curriculum. It is a strong literature-based curriculum which I supplement with the other methods/philosophies noted above.
The girls are hands-on learners; so we do a lot of fun (yet educational) projects. Many of these can be seen under the "homeschooling" section on this site. I have them keep notebooks and lapbooks to record their work with various subjects and units they're studying.
I enjoy photography...and documenting everyday life around the home...including homeschooling, crafts the girls and I do, cooking, the pets (2 dogs, 5 cats, pony, and miniature horse) nature, and wildlife.
When I have breaks from homeschooling (few...but there are some), I make natural toys by hand for my daughters and others that are made from wool felt and sheep wool. They are made by sewing/embroidery or needlefelting...both crafts that I truly enjoy.
I also make translucent window stars after admiring the ones at the local Waldorf school. The stars have been such a fun and creative way to add some beauty to the home, and to daily life.
The most basic star I make has 30 folds in it to create the pattern. The most complex star I've made has 408 folds. It has been a joy to make the window stars - to experiment with different colors, color combinations, and patterns - and to see how they turn out.
Thank you for stopping by.
Here's something that I came across that I found interesting. Use to have a slightly different personality type (INFJ) when I was younger. This is what it is now:
Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISFP)
Your personality type is caring, peaceful, artistic, and calm.
Only about 7% of all people have your personality, including 8% of all women and 6% of all men. You are Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving.
How Rare Is Your Personality?
I am a Nigella. "Many people think you are just a little bit odd, but you consider yourself just a little eccentric. You find new experiences exciting and fulfilling."
What Flower Are You?
Photos of Pictures by Ann (3)
- Pantry Building 1,743 photos, 258 members
- Homeschool Nature Study 454 photos, 66 members
- Mushrooms, fungi - Houby 44,381 photos, 4,507 members
- Backyard Bird Watching 144,410 photos, 3,145 members
- Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center 38 photos, 13 members
- Rainbow Bridge 1,833 photos, 408 members
- In Loving Memory Of Pets / Animals 6,403 photos, 1,724 members
- Pet Memorials 1,285 photos, 353 members
- I BELIEVE IN THE BRIDGE ♥ Forever in My Heart ♥ 3,507 photos, 649 members
- Over The Rainbow 791 photos, 188 members
- Swans -LBD 9,170 photos, 1,811 members
- Embroidery Journal Project 39 photos, 33 members
- Black and White 6,341,179 photos, 363,802 members
- Take a Stitch Tuesday 4,446 photos, 654 members
- Modern BOM 305 photos, 279 members
- OnePrettyThing 20,184 photos, 1,464 members
- children partys 6,222 photos, 608 members
- Cake Newbies 37,032 photos, 2,285 members
- Cake, have it and eat it too! 98,572 photos, 9,382 members
- Cake Fun 118,396 photos, 8,838 members
- November is Art Every Day Month! 3,563 photos, 403 members
- Saint FRANCIS Of Assisi * PEACE * 2,057 photos, 343 members
- 39 Squares 862 photos, 230 members
- Facebook Fans on Etsy 324 photos, 20 members
- Create Ability Team 1,375 photos, 60 members
- Unique Women In Business 610 photos, 58 members
- Free Pattern Links 6,283 photos, 1,699 members
- *Crochet* 85,258 photos, 5,691 members
- Cross Stitch Crazy 11,448 photos, 1,584 members
- Cross Stitch 10,472 photos, 1,413 members
- Dala Horse (Dalahäst) 326 photos, 138 members
- Made from Recycled Sweaters 2,922 photos, 574 members
- Handmade Celebrations 2,235 photos, 211 members
- Hand Signals and Gestures 7,805 photos, 1,268 members
- Jars 1,010 photos, 402 members
- In Jars, Pots, Bowls and Cups 13,967 photos, 795 members
- Rainy Day Activity Book for Children 6 photos, 5 members
- Blackwork and all Black & White Needlework 1,922 photos, 281 members
- Party Decorating Ideas 6,000 photos, 1,281 members
- Beautiful Origami 35,945 photos, 854 members
- Recycle Remake Redesign Re-craft Reuse Recreate Reclaim Reduce 36,349 photos, 2,830 members
- FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES... 79,437 photos, 17,169 members
- Rescued and Adopted Horses 505 photos, 89 members
- My Horse 24,642 photos, 2,760 members
- Miniature Horses 1,192 photos, 289 members
- Chinese Culture 5,330 photos, 331 members
- Conservation Minnesota 2,172 photos, 127 members
- Nice Package! 13,034 photos, 4,152 members
- color wheel love! 657 photos, 114 members
- The Work-in-Progress Society 6,444 photos, 726 members
Pictures by Ann doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- September 2007
- I am:
- Homeschool Educator, Natural Toy Maker
- Harvest Moon by Hand