FLICKR is changing my life. I get up daily with anticipation and excitement to see what my contacts are looking at. I plan carefully to make sure I have time before going to work to find something new to "see" with my full attention. I see everything I do including the dirty dishes with a new eye. How can I adequately express my thanks to all of you for thoughtful comments and great pictures.
I am an outdoors type who feels married to Mother Nature and is fascinated by her many moods. I love digital photography as a means of 'capturing' moments that have meaning for me, and often write words and journals to describe my thoughts about what I see.
I'm 69 years old, a part time teacher working with immigrants to help them with their GED and English, and with High School Drop outs who want a new life.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
The above map shows you I've done a fair amount of traveling in my life. I'm originally from the Netherlands, and immigrated to America with my parents after a 4 year stay in Canada in 1956.
Travel has enriched my life and made me more content with where I am and how fortunate I am to be here.
This little book has influence how I see the patterns in nature, and so clicking on it will take you to one of my images where you can get a little overview.
Photos of Pictoscribe (2)
- Nepal Images 64,588 photos, 4,163 members
- in explore 413,606 photos, 36,616 members
- Great American Landscapes 7,651 photos, 688 members
- Hallowe'enie 183 photos, 11 members
- The Painted Hills 740 photos, 127 members
- Entiat, WA 402 photos, 27 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,229 photos, 372 members
- Birds of Washington 25,583 photos, 604 members
- Washington State Tourism - Creative Commons GROUP CLOSED 1,926 photos, 88 members
- World of Rockhounding 4,807 photos, 239 members
- Frozen Puddles 538 photos, 87 members
- Abstract reflections 9,518 photos, 425 members
- Surface tension 331 photos, 94 members
- Kaleidoscopes Only 17,333 photos, 911 members
- Somewhat Strange... 23,735 photos, 790 members
- NW Folklife Festival 1,055 photos, 81 members
- Storm_Light - The Photography of Steve Skog 0 photos, 70 members
- ! Cactus & Succulent Flowers (P 1 C 1 If you wish to) 9,706 photos, 794 members
- Focused lens 133 photos, 9 members
- My Favorite Forest Photo ┊☛ Post 1 ↔ Award 2 ☚┊ 32,663 photos, 5,782 members
- **Macro-Life**Moderated Pool 46,200 photos, 2,502 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,778 photos, 613 members
- Jalalspages Postage Stamps Album 2,360 photos, 137 members
- Old Trucks As Art 4,174 photos, 477 members
- UrBexer's 65,243 photos, 1,967 members
- Fractal Art Gallery (temporarily closed) 632 photos, 119 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 104,369 photos, 7,768 members
- Unintended Jewelry 3,522 photos, 465 members
- diamond photographers club 65,754 photos, 2,927 members
- State Parks, Nature Preserves 1,178 photos, 478 members
- Seattle Center 5,837 photos, 834 members
- Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, Washington 1,878 photos, 306 members
- MINAS - Mathematics in Nature and Science 682 photos, 196 members
- SIMPLE. 44,875 photos, 1,546 members
- Mushrooms 78,337 photos, 8,899 members
- Rockforms 10,297 photos, 1,575 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 87,884 photos, 9,905 members
- Stop Time 13,741 photos, 667 members
- Central Cascades Geotourism Project 1,048 photos, 77 members
- Sculpture by Nature 4,311 photos, 714 members
- Farmers' Market 11,268 photos, 1,156 members
- Hold to the Light 353 photos, 36 members
- Binding Flickr Friendships 127 photos, 29 members
- Cobblestones all over the world - post 1, comment 2 1,171 photos, 354 members
- Wildflowers: Western Region US 8,117 photos, 390 members
- Taraxacum officinale 13,346 photos, 3,881 members
- Gas Prices 1,227 photos, 364 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 48,811 photos, 9,583 members
- One Million Peace Signs 11,613 photos, 4,273 members
- Protests and Demonstrations 77,262 photos, 4,421 members
"His photostream is like a cable T.V. channel - through which I enjoy vicarious adventures in the wilderness or the city ... learning about human cultures and natural history. - And then he's liable to get all ARTISTIC on us too! : D"
April 30th, 2010
WY Man says:
"Pictoscribe's photos never cease to stun and to captivate me. He has the extroardinary ability to see and to capture remarkable photographs in the most mundane of places that others would not think to examine. And, his descriptions often reveal the true mark of a poet, and provide us with much more insight than the typical caption. Thank you for sharing with us Pictoscribe."
January 4th, 2009
"Pictoscribe takes photos of the things I drive past thinking, "I should take a photo of that sometime." He sees the beauty and magic in things transient, like ice crystals and seemingly eternal, like rock formations. Looking at his pictures of North Central Washington is the next best thing to seeing his subjects in person. He brings joy to my day."
March 6th, 2008
"I have seen the beauty and complexity of nature through pictoscribes images. He sees the world in an interesting way, and shares it with us all."
March 8th, 2008
"Too often, when people take photos of something extraordinary it becomes ordinary. Pictoscribe has the amazing ability to photograph something extraordinary and make it spectacular."
September 29th, 2007
Ray Tomes says:
"Pictoscribe loves the outdoors and brings that love back with him to flickr in his fine photos. He likes the patterns seen in wood grain, drying mud and rocks, something that we have very much in common. And now he has taken to making rock piles, something that I have also enjoyed."
June 11th, 2007
- January 2007
- Amsterdam, Holland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Adult Basic Skills Educator