FLICKR is changing my life. I get up daily with anticipation and excitement to see what my contacts are looking at. I plan carefully to make sure I have time before going to work to find something new to "see" with my full attention. I see everything I do including the dirty dishes with a new eye. How can I adequately express my thanks to all of you for thoughtful comments and great pictures.
I am an outdoors type who feels married to Mother Nature and is fascinated by her many moods. I love digital photography as a means of 'capturing' moments that have meaning for me, and often write words and journals to describe my thoughts about what I see.
I'm 69 years old, a part time teacher working with immigrants to help them with their GED and English, and with High School Drop outs who want a new life.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
The above map shows you I've done a fair amount of traveling in my life. I'm originally from the Netherlands, and immigrated to America with my parents after a 4 year stay in Canada in 1956.
Travel has enriched my life and made me more content with where I am and how fortunate I am to be here.
This little book has influence how I see the patterns in nature, and so clicking on it will take you to one of my images where you can get a little overview.
Photos of Pictoscribe (2)
- Nepal Images 65,108 photos, 4,206 members
- in explore 447,662 photos, 40,592 members
- Great American Landscapes 7,880 photos, 705 members
- Hallowe'enie 190 photos, 11 members
- The Painted Hills 766 photos, 129 members
- Entiat, WA 403 photos, 27 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,253 photos, 378 members
- Birds of Washington 26,536 photos, 612 members
- Washington State Tourism - Creative Commons GROUP CLOSED 1,926 photos, 87 members
- World of Rockhounding 4,857 photos, 242 members
- Frozen Puddles 539 photos, 87 members
- Abstract reflections 10,159 photos, 490 members
- Surface tension 323 photos, 93 members
- Kaleidoscopes Only 17,374 photos, 919 members
- Somewhat Strange... 23,818 photos, 794 members
- NW Folklife Festival 1,055 photos, 78 members
- Storm_Light - The Photography of Steve Skog 0 photos, 70 members
- ! Cactus & Succulent Flowers (P 1 C 1 If you wish to) 9,955 photos, 801 members
- Focused lens 133 photos, 9 members
- My Favorite Forest Photo ┊☛ Post 1 ↔ Award 2 ☚┊ 33,211 photos, 5,882 members
- **Macro-Life**Moderated Pool 46,881 photos, 2,503 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,780 photos, 613 members
- Jalalspages Postage Stamps Album 2,371 photos, 137 members
- Old Trucks As Art 4,299 photos, 489 members
- UrBexer's 68,017 photos, 2,028 members
- Fractal Art Gallery (temporarily closed) 632 photos, 119 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 105,991 photos, 7,781 members
- Unintended Jewelry 3,548 photos, 463 members
- diamond photographers club 66,495 photos, 2,929 members
- State Parks, Nature Preserves 1,179 photos, 477 members
- Seattle Center 5,936 photos, 851 members
- Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, Washington 1,881 photos, 306 members
- MINAS - Mathematics in Nature and Science 681 photos, 197 members
- SIMPLE. 45,994 photos, 1,570 members
- Mushrooms 79,060 photos, 8,925 members
- Rockforms 10,360 photos, 1,598 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 88,500 photos, 9,907 members
- Stop Time 14,079 photos, 668 members
- Central Cascades Geotourism Project 1,048 photos, 77 members
- Sculpture by Nature 4,353 photos, 720 members
- Farmers' Market 11,374 photos, 1,162 members
- Hold to the Light 361 photos, 36 members
- Binding Flickr Friendships 129 photos, 29 members
- Cobblestones all over the world - post 1, comment 2 1,129 photos, 353 members
- Wildflowers: Western Region US 8,265 photos, 410 members
- Taraxacum officinale 13,340 photos, 3,881 members
- Gas Prices 1,229 photos, 364 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 49,874 photos, 9,567 members
- One Million Peace Signs 11,571 photos, 4,264 members
- Protests and Demonstrations 76,165 photos, 4,433 members
"His photostream is like a cable T.V. channel - through which I enjoy vicarious adventures in the wilderness or the city ... learning about human cultures and natural history. - And then he's liable to get all ARTISTIC on us too! : D"
April 30th, 2010
WY Man says:
"Pictoscribe's photos never cease to stun and to captivate me. He has the extroardinary ability to see and to capture remarkable photographs in the most mundane of places that others would not think to examine. And, his descriptions often reveal the true mark of a poet, and provide us with much more insight than the typical caption. Thank you for sharing with us Pictoscribe."
January 4th, 2009
"Pictoscribe takes photos of the things I drive past thinking, "I should take a photo of that sometime." He sees the beauty and magic in things transient, like ice crystals and seemingly eternal, like rock formations. Looking at his pictures of North Central Washington is the next best thing to seeing his subjects in person. He brings joy to my day."
March 6th, 2008
"I have seen the beauty and complexity of nature through pictoscribes images. He sees the world in an interesting way, and shares it with us all."
March 8th, 2008
"Too often, when people take photos of something extraordinary it becomes ordinary. Pictoscribe has the amazing ability to photograph something extraordinary and make it spectacular."
September 29th, 2007
Ray Tomes says:
"Pictoscribe loves the outdoors and brings that love back with him to flickr in his fine photos. He likes the patterns seen in wood grain, drying mud and rocks, something that we have very much in common. And now he has taken to making rock piles, something that I have also enjoyed."
June 11th, 2007
- January 2007
- Amsterdam, Holland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Adult Basic Skills Educator