FLICKR is changing my life. I get up daily with anticipation and excitement to see what my contacts are looking at. I plan carefully to make sure I have time before going to work to find something new to "see" with my full attention. I see everything I do including the dirty dishes with a new eye. How can I adequately express my thanks to all of you for thoughtful comments and great pictures.
I am an outdoors type who feels married to Mother Nature and is fascinated by her many moods. I love digital photography as a means of 'capturing' moments that have meaning for me, and often write words and journals to describe my thoughts about what I see.
I'm 69 years old, a part time teacher working with immigrants to help them with their GED and English, and with High School Drop outs who want a new life.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
The above map shows you I've done a fair amount of traveling in my life. I'm originally from the Netherlands, and immigrated to America with my parents after a 4 year stay in Canada in 1956.
Travel has enriched my life and made me more content with where I am and how fortunate I am to be here.
This little book has influence how I see the patterns in nature, and so clicking on it will take you to one of my images where you can get a little overview.
Photos of Pictoscribe (2)
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument 373 photos, 88 members
- Nepal Images 66,916 photos, 4,330 members
- in explore 535,865 photos, 49,490 members
- Great American Landscapes 8,586 photos, 767 members
- Hallowe'enie 190 photos, 11 members
- The Painted Hills 804 photos, 136 members
- Entiat, WA 406 photos, 27 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,270 photos, 381 members
- Birds of Washington 29,620 photos, 626 members
- Washington State Tourism - Creative Commons GROUP CLOSED 1,926 photos, 86 members
- World of Rockhounding 4,928 photos, 251 members
- Frozen Puddles 546 photos, 86 members
- Abstract reflections 11,892 photos, 646 members
- Surface tension 324 photos, 96 members
- Kaleidoscopes Only 17,672 photos, 933 members
- Somewhat Strange... 25,601 photos, 810 members
- NW Folklife Festival 1,086 photos, 78 members
- Storm_Light - The Photography of Steve Skog 0 photos, 70 members
- ! Cactus & Succulent Flowers (P 1 C 1 If you wish to) 10,572 photos, 826 members
- Focused lens 133 photos, 9 members
- My Favorite Forest Photo ┊☛ Post 1 ↔ Award 2 ☚┊ 35,952 photos, 6,238 members
- **Macro-Life**Moderated Pool 47,266 photos, 2,505 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,790 photos, 617 members
- Jalalspages Postage Stamps Album 2,152 photos, 141 members
- Old Trucks As Art 4,488 photos, 512 members
- UrBexer's 76,972 photos, 2,159 members
- Fractal Art Gallery (temporarily closed) 632 photos, 118 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 110,801 photos, 7,863 members
- Unintended Jewelry 3,371 photos, 465 members
- diamond photographers club 66,589 photos, 2,926 members
- State Parks, Nature Preserves 1,173 photos, 478 members
- Seattle Center 6,129 photos, 876 members
- Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, Washington 1,892 photos, 308 members
- MINAS - Mathematics in Nature and Science 674 photos, 196 members
- SIMPLE. 49,344 photos, 1,619 members
- Mushrooms 85,223 photos, 9,285 members
- Rockforms 11,259 photos, 1,706 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 89,247 photos, 9,884 members
- Stop Time 14,649 photos, 667 members
- Central Cascades Geotourism Project 1,052 photos, 81 members
- Sculpture by Nature 4,548 photos, 749 members
- Farmers' Market 11,683 photos, 1,184 members
- Hold to the Light 366 photos, 36 members
- Binding Flickr Friendships 136 photos, 28 members
- Cobblestones all over the world - post 1, comment 2 1,124 photos, 354 members
- Wildflowers: Western Region US 8,801 photos, 417 members
- Taraxacum officinale 13,315 photos, 3,872 members
- Gas Prices 1,236 photos, 368 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 52,936 photos, 9,542 members
- One Million Peace Signs 11,445 photos, 4,264 members
"His photostream is like a cable T.V. channel - through which I enjoy vicarious adventures in the wilderness or the city ... learning about human cultures and natural history. - And then he's liable to get all ARTISTIC on us too! : D"
April 30th, 2010
WY Man says:
"Pictoscribe's photos never cease to stun and to captivate me. He has the extroardinary ability to see and to capture remarkable photographs in the most mundane of places that others would not think to examine. And, his descriptions often reveal the true mark of a poet, and provide us with much more insight than the typical caption. Thank you for sharing with us Pictoscribe."
January 4th, 2009
"Pictoscribe takes photos of the things I drive past thinking, "I should take a photo of that sometime." He sees the beauty and magic in things transient, like ice crystals and seemingly eternal, like rock formations. Looking at his pictures of North Central Washington is the next best thing to seeing his subjects in person. He brings joy to my day."
March 6th, 2008
"I have seen the beauty and complexity of nature through pictoscribes images. He sees the world in an interesting way, and shares it with us all."
March 8th, 2008
"Too often, when people take photos of something extraordinary it becomes ordinary. Pictoscribe has the amazing ability to photograph something extraordinary and make it spectacular."
September 29th, 2007
Ray Tomes says:
"Pictoscribe loves the outdoors and brings that love back with him to flickr in his fine photos. He likes the patterns seen in wood grain, drying mud and rocks, something that we have very much in common. And now he has taken to making rock piles, something that I have also enjoyed."
June 11th, 2007
- January 2007
- Amsterdam, Holland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Adult Basic Skills Educator