I can be an asshole of the grandest kind
I can be the moodiest baby, and you've never met anyone
Who is as negative as I am sometimes
I am the wisest girl you've ever met
I'm the kindest soul with whom you've connected
I have the bravest heart that you've ever seen
And you've never met anyone
Who is as positive as I am sometimes
Everything - Alanis Morissette
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away.
- Thailand Images 239,566 photos, 12,562 members
- Vietnam on Film 2,183 photos, 124 members
- Street Life - EAST 4,560 photos, 1,512 members
- Vietnam in Black and White 11,982 photos, 1,667 members
- New Hanoian Photography 1,038 photos, 46 members
- Vietnamese Best Photography 35,343 photos, 3,548 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 217,435 photos, 22,161 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 6,171 photos, 561 members
- Æ ARTISTIC EXPRESSION at Admin invitation (pls aw 1) 9,392 photos, 10,258 members
- FaveMe! Photo Game(CLOSED!) 2,443 photos, 2,262 members
- WORLD PICTURE / Challenge and Award 71,739 photos, 2,950 members
- 400 Views: Contest #4 winner -Lumberg- 246 photos, 181 members
- ORBIS International - Saving Sight Worldwide 101 photos, 51 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,373 photos, 20,504 members
- 10+ Faves (10-24): P1, aw & fav 2 on the 1 newest pages 21,270 photos, 7,222 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 47,026 photos, 7,932 members
- 25+ Faves (25-49): P1, aw & fav 2 on the first newest page 30,089 photos, 6,390 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,370,435 photos, 42,008 members
- #2/...flickrjob premium (P1 - AW2) 9,333 photos, 594 members
- Mega Shot Post 1, fave 2 4,324 photos, 7,796 members
- *SHINING★STAR - Post 1- Give 5 Stars 921,505 photos, 28,927 members
- You Think this is Art 1,877,735 photos, 71,522 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 432,353 photos, 51,073 members
- Lamps & Lanterns Lingering in Loneliness 7,612 photos, 1,932 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 350,218 photos, 31,377 members
- CLOSED! S♥per ♥ Hearts - 10 Pink Hearts 62,555 photos, 9,614 members
- Flickr Sun (Post 1 - Give 5 Suns) 146,689 photos, 9,318 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 609,750 photos, 46,961 members
- Art photography in BW -Is Your Art Universal? 849 photos, 1,766 members
- 5 Flickr Favs (pool & contest invitation required) 19,728 photos, 2,317 members
- **FlickrsBest** 203,349 photos, 16,776 members
- Leeds Projector Thingy - 12th October! 110 photos, 53 members
- The Dictionary Of Image 4,105 photos, 1,528 members
- A Double Fave (admins' choice) 890 photos, 2,830 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 983,510 photos, 27,468 members
- Highly Competitive - Flickr's 100 Best B&W - Photojournalism 60 photos, 705 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 399,538 photos, 25,695 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 282,391 photos, 40,609 members
- InstantFave RULE:Add "InstantFave"<One Word TAG+read rules 60,799 photos, 7,008 members
- Golden Photographer (Invite Only Images and +10Faves) 25,474 photos, 5,468 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 324,519 photos, 39,957 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 255,487 photos, 32,742 members
- *Karma* 907,551 photos, 17,320 members
- World Wide Photographers 272,968 photos, 9,688 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge#16 SHADOW PLAY 50,781 photos, 8,693 members
- CLOSED Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts 664,775 photos, 34,205 members
- P1F1 - Post 1, Fave 1 9,887 photos, 2,442 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,731 photos, 8,086 members
- The Brightest Spot 658 photos, 657 members
- Leeds 65,985 photos, 3,223 members
loup ardent says:
"J'aime les photos qui racontent une histoire (avant......pendant........après.......), qui te délivrent une émotion forte.......
J'aime vraiment le regard que Zenith porte et ces instants captés avec sensibilité. Ces émotions nous transportent hors du temps."
February 6th, 2010
"After reading various testimonials I don't think anyone could really add anything ! Upon viewing her photos, at times I had to stop to wipe the tears from my eyes so I could continue ! Some were the kind that nightmares are made of, extremely emotional ! Some were funny, sad, cute, interesting, and some made you feel helpless.
Fantasic work !! Thank you !!"
September 3rd, 2009
Nguyen Vu Hung (vuhung) says:
"When I first saw her photos, I didn't think that she was a Vietnamese. It makes her different by spoiling what "normal" photographers in Vietnam ( I mean native ) can't see."
April 1st, 2008
"Haven't seen your photos for a while. 'They've improved lots and each photo tells a story. Great job. I love checking out your pool of photos."
February 9th, 2008
"Zenith! Nothing less than amazing... She has an alert vision and gallons of ideas which she expresses beautifully through her snaps..."
October 8th, 2007
Dr. Gabriel's Ride says:
"She keeps her eyes wide open.........which is hard............i think she takes risks...........
a risky eyes wide camara lady! I give my applause!
June 9th, 2007
"Phuong has a very stunning portfolio!! It is one of the best portfolio I've ever seen!!! Congrats Phuong!!"
January 29th, 2007
"An exceptional gift is shared through Phuong's photographs. She captures the essence of the living condition both external and internal. Browsing her photostream is always an education and inspirational...as I'm sure you'll agree. I am so pleased to witness such a talent, and never cease to be impressed by her work. Thank you Phuong for sharing so freely."
December 18th, 2006
"Hi Phuong, I don't know much about you. All i've learned about you are from your amazing photo sets. I believe you are a young girl with a deeply emotional soul. I wish I could see you sometime to talk about your photography passion. Goodluck."
October 29th, 2006
Franc Le Blanc . says:
"From the first time I take a look to your photos I was immediately captivated by your work.Your photosets are a magical dicovery for me. I am amazed at your camera technique . You have a remarkable collection of stunning picrures.
congratulations wirh your work."
October 1st, 2006
The lens of your camera is the extension of your eyes, and
your wonderful pictures took me back to Vietnam, my home land .
Thank you Phuong."
August 20th, 2006
"Zenith's photo stream is one of the most interesting ones of flickr, not only because of the quality of her pictures, but due her ability to tell a story with them, giving us an insight in her life and her country. And all this in a lovely way, without being too sentimental. It's just quite right :)"
August 9th, 2006
De Shark says:
"I know Zenith through her photographs which depict such beauty and human emotion, she is truly one of my favorite contacts because I know when I see her work I will be impressed by yet another photographic delight. Thank you Zenith for showing me your world which is elegant, mysterious, and beautiful.
Don't ever faulter from your path.."
July 26th, 2006
"I ´m always happy when she posts a new picture. And I love every single one of it! She is one of my most favorite Flickr´s and I think I don´t put anyone elses pics as often to my faves!
She lives thousends of miles away from me but still I feel what kind of person she is. Her eye for people is extraordenery, she is a thoughtful person, that I can tell, only by vewing her photostream. Ecspecially her portraits. I would love to meet this talented young woman behind the camera one day, in person. Well... who knows? It´s a dream that might come true one fine day!"
July 20th, 2006
"I didnt figure out what people take portrait photos for, till I saw your collection.
Keep going :D"
July 19th, 2006
Celtic Dragonfly says:
"What can I say about Phuong that hasn't already been said! She is one the most talented photographers on flickr. I am so happy I found her. Her photography of the people in and around where she lives is truly phenomenal. She brings such depth to all her work. The people become larger than life in front of her camera!
Thank you Phuong for giving me a glipse of your beautiful world! :^)"
July 7th, 2006
Danz in Tokyo says:
"Zenith Phuongsshows us a cutting edge photo journelistic style shooting. She a great eye for bringing a crisp reality to her subjects, some of her shots are worthy to grace the pages of National Geographic. I have learnt to take better photos becuase of her."
July 7th, 2006
"If your reading this testimonial you might have already seen Phuong's photos and know that she is one of the most outstanding photographers here on Flickr. If not, forget what I'm writing here and go to her photostream... Phuong's images portray the beauty, joy, landscape and people of Viet Nam as no other photographer has ever done! Her photostream is the first place I check out when I get on line, and I'm sure that what you will also be doing after a look at her amazing photographs.Phuong has a great eyes to see the fantastic in everyday life , the courage to capture images other people would run from and the skill to produce an image of such quality that it belongs on the pages of National Geographic.
Her photostream is a MUST, but beware... it is addictive!!!"
July 7th, 2006
"I always love to see what is new from Zenith. Her candid shots of ordinary people are anything but.
I repeatedly let her know that her work reminds me of the pics I like best in National Geographic and that her emotions are really tied to the click of the camera lens."
June 17th, 2006
"I met Zenith on Flickr just a couple of days ago and ‘till then I couldn’t stop looking to her pictures. The reason lies not only in the quality of her shots (there’s a plenty of excellent photographers in this community) but in the fact that quite any shot is a story, well depicted in images and textes (many time she uses lyrics to describe the picture, and this let you image her choosen soundtrack).
It is very rare to meet a person able to read so deep into the reality and so available to share her vision with others.
She demonstrates her passion about photography in many way: have a look to the section of “replicas” of original famous b/w pictures from the Vietnam War in the ’70. Very good!!!
Go on, Zenith!!!"
June 16th, 2006
"Zenith Phuong is one of my favorite contacts here on flickr. Not noly does she take very impressive portraits, but she is a very special person either. She is very warm-hearted and so I love to read her comments and contributions. I rarely miss a new addition to her photostream because they are so excellently done. Her portrait work is really outstanding as she knows how to pack all the emotion into these pictures.
Thank you Phuong, I'm glad I met you in this wonderful community."
June 9th, 2006
"Zenith Phuong's photostream is one of my favorites on flickr. First, she portraits people in such an authentic and beautiful manner. Secondly, she transforms deep emotions to me. Zenith Phuong teaches me that internal silence can lead me to absolute happiness. Thank you for that!"
June 8th, 2006
"she pretty much is a decent girl, who on a scale from one to she keeps it real, id rate keeps it real and a half. wow so much to say but so little time, just rember to bunch the keys like you are the bees knees"
June 4th, 2006
-= Hobo =- says:
"One of the most talented young photographers I know.
I just can't believe she's so young and so skilful. With her portraits she's able to capture deep sides of a soul and tell you the story of a life."
May 22nd, 2006
"Phuong has some of the best people shots on Flickr. She is an awsome photographer, as well as a kind and wonderful perons."
May 15th, 2006
"I adore her pictures from the first moment I saw them. She has a great talent to capture people and street scenes, which I envy a little bit ;)
Can't wait to see more when she comes back!"
April 8th, 2006
Black Glenn says:
"Zenith Phuong is the bomb. My in-laws and my wife tell me stories about their last trip to Vietnam in 2002 and ZP's photos help me add images to their words..."
April 3rd, 2006
- Phuong Nguyen
- January 2006
- I am:
- zenithphuong [at] gmail.com