thank you for the all kind words, the comments, the stimulations, the questions...
can I refer to your image in my blog ?
of course, i'd love to hear about it.
can I use one of your images in my orkut/myspace... profile ?
no. i find these requests very strange.
i work for such and such NGO/non profit... and would like to use your image for free. is that OK ?
i very often get such requests. if your organization only uses volunteers, please ask, I am open most of the time.
if you or other people (designer, printer, ...) get paid, why shouldn't I ? if my work helps yours, I see no reason why we shouldn't both be paid, so please only ask if you have a budget, even small.
can i publish your work ?
please contact me.
what equipment/film... do you use ?
i use canon equipment: mostly a 1DMkIII and a 1Ds. some pictures also were shot with a D30 or an IXUS 700. you probably could not tell from the image.
i use mostly a 16-35f2.8II and a 24-70mmf2.8.
i sometimes use a 50f1.4, a 100f2.8macro, lensbabies 3G, 70-200f4.
generally I now try to keep the EXIF info in the images so clicking "more properties" will give you the run down.
do you retouch your images ?
I increase contrast and saturation on those images I feel need it. sometimes darken the edges also. I rarely will erase an electric line but I do not like retouching faces.
can I buy a print ?
if you are so inclined, you could purchase prints on imagekind. if the image you want is not on imagekind, ask me and i will upload a highres version so you can buy a print.
why do you shoot photos ?
shootin' the breeze interviewed me. it gave me an opportunity to think about why.
how do you get people to relax ?
spending time getting to know them is a good start. a good rule: treat people as you'd like to be treated; with respect and dignity.
do you want to add your photo to my group ?
sure, why not. only if the only thing i have to do is click, and if the "badge" is not too intrusive... as for "post 1-comment N" I'll probably post but won't comment or fav N because you have not read my rules first. have you ?
can I post my images into comments on your images ?
please refrain. i find it annoying when i read comments to have to scroll through other images. I guess I'll start deleting those.
due to some misunderstandings related to the wording used in CreativeCommons license, all images are now "all rights reserved". however my intention is to allow the CC license (attribution/non commercial/no derivatives) with a special restriction regarding professional usage so if you'd like permission to use them, or would like some of them published on websites or any other kind of media, please contact me through my Flickr mail.
My most interesting photos according to Flickr.
Photos of phitar (5)
- Best Of... People in the World (INVITE ONLY). 10,700 photos, 371 members
- Digital Photography Lovers (TOP 20 Contest -Winners Posted) 45,698 photos, 922 members
- MOUNTAIN 151,312 photos, 12,166 members
- -- Capolavori d'Arte nel mondo #Opтed oυт 30/60 12,999 photos, 1,124 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 115,564 photos, 4,786 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 372,261 photos, 7,360 members
- City Skylines (Buildings,Cities) 400,976 photos, 19,861 members
- Japan Images 874,469 photos, 19,525 members
- Japan Through the Eyes of Others 340,961 photos, 9,808 members
- Human-Interest 18,033 photos, 1,265 members
- Pure Smile Unlimited - The Happiest Gallery 333 photos, 75 members
- Laos Images 35,954 photos, 2,500 members
- 1000+ Comments or Faves(invite only) 47 photos, 243 members
- 1000 Faves 1,661 photos, 349 members
- Flickr Addicts 9,397,412 photos, 130,856 members
- Lightning 44,474 photos, 16,410 members
- Colours of the world » 1,095 photos, 31 members
- Great Photography in Action - photoExplode.com 85,606 photos, 1,367 members
- hand-portraits 2,288 photos, 391 members
- elderly people 15,867 photos, 2,186 members
- Rain 46,370 photos, 9,954 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 30,470 photos, 5,936 members
- Portrait of FACE < Head to Shoulder Shots Only > 163,434 photos, 10,941 members
- Portraits Unlimited 468,782 photos, 11,428 members
- 50mm f/1.4 Shooters 315,604 photos, 12,167 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 596,286 photos, 41,139 members
- Nice pictures 2,907,829 photos, 56,878 members
- Landscape photography 2,061,643 photos, 86,774 members
- Magical trees and places 10,058 photos, 1,473 members
- Mountains Anywhere 562,140 photos, 34,698 members
- French Alps 19,459 photos, 1,041 members
- ALICE@CERN 40 photos, 22 members
- Physics 5,132 photos, 2,184 members
- We travel the World 1,364,324 photos, 48,067 members
- 100 View Club (Max 199 Views) 86,586 photos, 2,938 members
- Magnum Showcase (Moderated) 1,738 photos, 666 members
- Kiddos and Nature 603 photos, 82 members
- Refugee Youth 3,066 photos, 804 members
- Environment 52,312 photos, 2,413 members
- Carnival/Parade Masks 3,706 photos, 237 members
- Masquerade 2,877 photos, 865 members
- Lac d'Annecy 5,554 photos, 779 members
- Venitians dress 6,951 photos, 798 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,816 photos, 18,218 members
- NATURE&KIDS:Post*1 Awards*3 or"Bann" 9,028 photos, 1,276 members
- 1 Objeto + de 1 Perspectiva (This week: BUCKET) 3,101 photos, 1,042 members
- Great Ape Sanctuaries and Rescue/Rehabilitation Centres 288 photos, 46 members
- Wild Apes 356 photos, 92 members
- Great Apes 10,713 photos, 918 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 55,252 photos, 6,605 members
Julien Falissard says:
"Merci pour tes images du monde qui sont magnifiques, continu à nous faire voyager à travers tes images.
Merci pour tes conseils, tu es pour moi un exemple.
@ + Julien"
November 20th, 2006
" my goal in life is for phitar to comment on my photos. hehe
i am in love with your photos of your children and wife. makes me very excited to be a mother and wife in the furture. great work."
November 20th, 2006
Fred [feukiou] says:
"OOooopsss I nearly clicked on the "block this person" link!! :)
Seriously, some of the most wonderful pictures I've ever seen and a very nice guy.
You've got a chance to meet life and maybe a bit of youth through pictures unforgettable, don't miss it.
Merci mec pour tout ce que tu nous montres."
August 29th, 2006
gabrielas Ramigabs says:
"j'adore les photos de phitar chaque une a une magie particulaire.. il cherche et a le chance de capturer les meilleures moments des vies cotidiennes ...
J'adores tes portraits et la diversite de cultures que tu nous montres...on a la chance de avoir des photografes tres humaines dans le monde!!!!"
July 3rd, 2006
"phitar is simply amazing. every picture he takes is beautiful and unique!!"
May 4th, 2006
"One day, I met Phitar in Bangkok, in an internet cafe. I recognized him. We spent the diner together. The problem with this guy, is that speaking with him is even more interesting than admiring his amazing photos. Just imagine..."
January 17th, 2006
Jennifer Esperanza says:
"Philippe's work is very strong. His deep rich colors inspire & his love of people & culture is clear. I always enjoy visiting his photo stream. It is wonderful to see where he has traveled.
Om Shanti, Jennifer"
December 14th, 2005
"Phitar is undoubtedly among the cream of the crop here on Flickr. His portraits are rich in content and colour while being beautifully composed. For me, it's the light in his shots that is awesome. He sees things in a way I can only dream of.
And he's a helluva nice guy too!"
December 9th, 2005
"Phitar is an absolute GREAT photographer! His photos are so strong in colour and composition and his portraits are stunning! Every time I look on his photostream I travel throught his eyes to the most gorgeous moments he had when he was looking through his camera!"
August 11th, 2005
"Philippe's images transcend photography to touch the very soul of man. To view his work is to travel thru a world most of us would never see and to embrace the truth of the human condition. Each image is both powerful and fragile...and after viewing, the faces of those he has shown will stay with you a very long time."
June 19th, 2005
Shootin' the breeze says:
"Some of the most jaw-droppingly, eye-wateringly beautiful and colourful photos that consistently blow my mind are taken, and sometimes tweaked, by Philippe.
A truly great Flickrer!"
May 19th, 2005
"phitar blows my mind away, one day i want to reach his standard in photography, and look through his creative eyes, he is brilliant and will surely make a difference to everyone!"
April 22nd, 2005
"Not many times you see the truth capture in it's simplest, evocative and most compelling way.
Phitar invites us to a journey into life, into knowledge , innocence, dreams and pain.
April 20th, 2005
- philippe tarbouriech
- January 2005
- I am:
- photographer recovering technologist
- phitar photos