thank you for the all kind words, the comments, the stimulations, the questions...
can I refer to your image in my blog ?
of course, i'd love to hear about it.
can I use one of your images in my orkut/myspace... profile ?
no. i find these requests very strange.
i work for such and such NGO/non profit... and would like to use your image for free. is that OK ?
i very often get such requests. if your organization only uses volunteers, please ask, I am open most of the time.
if you or other people (designer, printer, ...) get paid, why shouldn't I ? if my work helps yours, I see no reason why we shouldn't both be paid, so please only ask if you have a budget, even small.
can i publish your work ?
please contact me.
what equipment/film... do you use ?
i use canon equipment: mostly a 1DMkIII and a 1Ds. some pictures also were shot with a D30 or an IXUS 700. you probably could not tell from the image.
i use mostly a 16-35f2.8II and a 24-70mmf2.8.
i sometimes use a 50f1.4, a 100f2.8macro, lensbabies 3G, 70-200f4.
generally I now try to keep the EXIF info in the images so clicking "more properties" will give you the run down.
do you retouch your images ?
I increase contrast and saturation on those images I feel need it. sometimes darken the edges also. I rarely will erase an electric line but I do not like retouching faces.
can I buy a print ?
if you are so inclined, you could purchase prints on imagekind. if the image you want is not on imagekind, ask me and i will upload a highres version so you can buy a print.
why do you shoot photos ?
shootin' the breeze interviewed me. it gave me an opportunity to think about why.
how do you get people to relax ?
spending time getting to know them is a good start. a good rule: treat people as you'd like to be treated; with respect and dignity.
do you want to add your photo to my group ?
sure, why not. only if the only thing i have to do is click, and if the "badge" is not too intrusive... as for "post 1-comment N" I'll probably post but won't comment or fav N because you have not read my rules first. have you ?
can I post my images into comments on your images ?
please refrain. i find it annoying when i read comments to have to scroll through other images. I guess I'll start deleting those.
due to some misunderstandings related to the wording used in CreativeCommons license, all images are now "all rights reserved". however my intention is to allow the CC license (attribution/non commercial/no derivatives) with a special restriction regarding professional usage so if you'd like permission to use them, or would like some of them published on websites or any other kind of media, please contact me through my Flickr mail.
My most interesting photos according to Flickr.
Photos of phitar (5)
- A LIGHTHOUSE.. 49,845 photos, 4,757 members
- *Capolavori d'Arte nel mondo 10,079 photos, 1,002 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 74,787 photos, 4,517 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 242,518 photos, 5,914 members
- City Skylines (Buildings,Cities) 314,632 photos, 17,453 members
- Japan Images 717,084 photos, 16,797 members
- Japan Through the Eyes of Others 270,520 photos, 8,148 members
- Human-Interest 18,873 photos, 1,216 members
- Pure Smile Unlimited - The Happiest Gallery 344 photos, 70 members
- Laos Images 32,522 photos, 2,353 members
- 1000+ Comments or Faves(invite only) 46 photos, 229 members
- 1000 Faves 391 photos, 248 members
- Flickr Addicts 7,464,212 photos, 107,320 members
- Lightning 40,678 photos, 15,549 members
- Colours of the world » 136 photos, 15 members
- Great Photography in Action - photoExplode.com 68,153 photos, 1,301 members
- hand-portraits 2,209 photos, 388 members
- elderly people 13,695 photos, 2,056 members
- Rain 42,447 photos, 9,694 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 27,280 photos, 5,758 members
- Portrait of FACE < Head to Shoulder Shots Only > 131,355 photos, 10,359 members
- Portraits Unlimited 356,516 photos, 9,544 members
- 50mm f/1.4 Shooters 288,065 photos, 11,427 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 543,739 photos, 36,298 members
- Nice pictures 1,690,770 photos, 40,982 members
- Landscape photography 1,242,748 photos, 61,437 members
- Magical trees and places 9,154 photos, 1,351 members
- Mountains Anywhere 416,600 photos, 29,809 members
- French Alps 14,936 photos, 887 members
- ALICE@CERN 40 photos, 22 members
- Physics 5,193 photos, 2,158 members
- We travel the World 1,013,033 photos, 42,593 members
- 100 View Club (Max 199 Views) 84,391 photos, 2,862 members
- Magnum Showcase (Moderated) 1,733 photos, 622 members
- Kiddos and Nature 606 photos, 82 members
- Refugee Youth 3,128 photos, 788 members
- Environment 40,755 photos, 2,284 members
- Carnival/Parade Masks 2,024 photos, 211 members
- Masquerade 2,413 photos, 840 members
- Lac d'Annecy 4,295 photos, 680 members
- Venitians dress 6,984 photos, 802 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,092 photos, 18,595 members
- NATURE&KIDS:Post*1 Awards*3 or"Bann" 8,692 photos, 1,234 members
- 1 Objeto + de 1 Perspectiva (This week: BUCKET) 3,124 photos, 1,047 members
- Great Ape Sanctuaries and Rescue/Rehabilitation Centres 260 photos, 38 members
- Wild Apes 324 photos, 72 members
- Great Apes 8,372 photos, 802 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 50,217 photos, 6,366 members
- APE HOUSE (no monkeys!) 8,416 photos, 1,267 members
- Artistic Animal Photography 15,489 photos, 2,666 members
Julien Falissard says:
"Merci pour tes images du monde qui sont magnifiques, continu à nous faire voyager à travers tes images.
Merci pour tes conseils, tu es pour moi un exemple.
@ + Julien"
November 20th, 2006
" my goal in life is for phitar to comment on my photos. hehe
i am in love with your photos of your children and wife. makes me very excited to be a mother and wife in the furture. great work."
November 20th, 2006
Fred [feukiou] says:
"OOooopsss I nearly clicked on the "block this person" link!! :)
Seriously, some of the most wonderful pictures I've ever seen and a very nice guy.
You've got a chance to meet life and maybe a bit of youth through pictures unforgettable, don't miss it.
Merci mec pour tout ce que tu nous montres."
August 29th, 2006
gabrielas Ramigabs says:
"j'adore les photos de phitar chaque une a une magie particulaire.. il cherche et a le chance de capturer les meilleures moments des vies cotidiennes ...
J'adores tes portraits et la diversite de cultures que tu nous montres...on a la chance de avoir des photografes tres humaines dans le monde!!!!"
July 3rd, 2006
"phitar is simply amazing. every picture he takes is beautiful and unique!!"
May 4th, 2006
"One day, I met Phitar in Bangkok, in an internet cafe. I recognized him. We spent the diner together. The problem with this guy, is that speaking with him is even more interesting than admiring his amazing photos. Just imagine..."
January 17th, 2006
Jennifer Esperanza says:
"Philippe's work is very strong. His deep rich colors inspire & his love of people & culture is clear. I always enjoy visiting his photo stream. It is wonderful to see where he has traveled.
Om Shanti, Jennifer"
December 14th, 2005
"Phitar is undoubtedly among the cream of the crop here on Flickr. His portraits are rich in content and colour while being beautifully composed. For me, it's the light in his shots that is awesome. He sees things in a way I can only dream of.
And he's a helluva nice guy too!"
December 9th, 2005
"Phitar is an absolute GREAT photographer! His photos are so strong in colour and composition and his portraits are stunning! Every time I look on his photostream I travel throught his eyes to the most gorgeous moments he had when he was looking through his camera!"
August 11th, 2005
"Philippe's images transcend photography to touch the very soul of man. To view his work is to travel thru a world most of us would never see and to embrace the truth of the human condition. Each image is both powerful and fragile...and after viewing, the faces of those he has shown will stay with you a very long time."
June 19th, 2005
Shootin' the breeze says:
"Some of the most jaw-droppingly, eye-wateringly beautiful and colourful photos that consistently blow my mind are taken, and sometimes tweaked, by Philippe.
A truly great Flickrer!"
May 19th, 2005
"phitar blows my mind away, one day i want to reach his standard in photography, and look through his creative eyes, he is brilliant and will surely make a difference to everyone!"
April 22nd, 2005
"Not many times you see the truth capture in it's simplest, evocative and most compelling way.
Phitar invites us to a journey into life, into knowledge , innocence, dreams and pain.
April 20th, 2005
- philippe tarbouriech
- January 2005
- around geneva, between france and switzerland
- I am:
- photographer recovering technologist
- phitar photos