thank you for the all kind words, the comments, the stimulations, the questions...
can I refer to your image in my blog ?
of course, i'd love to hear about it.
can I use one of your images in my orkut/myspace... profile ?
no. i find these requests very strange.
i work for such and such NGO/non profit... and would like to use your image for free. is that OK ?
i very often get such requests. if your organization only uses volunteers, please ask, I am open most of the time.
if you or other people (designer, printer, ...) get paid, why shouldn't I ? if my work helps yours, I see no reason why we shouldn't both be paid, so please only ask if you have a budget, even small.
can i publish your work ?
please contact me.
what equipment/film... do you use ?
i use canon equipment: mostly a 1DMkIII and a 1Ds. some pictures also were shot with a D30 or an IXUS 700. you probably could not tell from the image.
i use mostly a 16-35f2.8II and a 24-70mmf2.8.
i sometimes use a 50f1.4, a 100f2.8macro, lensbabies 3G, 70-200f4.
generally I now try to keep the EXIF info in the images so clicking "more properties" will give you the run down.
do you retouch your images ?
I increase contrast and saturation on those images I feel need it. sometimes darken the edges also. I rarely will erase an electric line but I do not like retouching faces.
can I buy a print ?
if you are so inclined, you could purchase prints on imagekind. if the image you want is not on imagekind, ask me and i will upload a highres version so you can buy a print.
why do you shoot photos ?
shootin' the breeze interviewed me. it gave me an opportunity to think about why.
how do you get people to relax ?
spending time getting to know them is a good start. a good rule: treat people as you'd like to be treated; with respect and dignity.
do you want to add your photo to my group ?
sure, why not. only if the only thing i have to do is click, and if the "badge" is not too intrusive... as for "post 1-comment N" I'll probably post but won't comment or fav N because you have not read my rules first. have you ?
can I post my images into comments on your images ?
please refrain. i find it annoying when i read comments to have to scroll through other images. I guess I'll start deleting those.
due to some misunderstandings related to the wording used in CreativeCommons license, all images are now "all rights reserved". however my intention is to allow the CC license (attribution/non commercial/no derivatives) with a special restriction regarding professional usage so if you'd like permission to use them, or would like some of them published on websites or any other kind of media, please contact me through my Flickr mail.
My most interesting photos according to Flickr.
Photos of phitar (5)
- C is for... 30,913 photos, 3,358 members
- *Capolavori d'Arte nel mondo 8,890 photos, 946 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 58,798 photos, 4,385 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 200,377 photos, 5,276 members
- City Skylines (Buildings,Cities) 282,799 photos, 16,274 members
- Japan Images 658,400 photos, 15,734 members
- Japan Through the Eyes of Others 248,324 photos, 7,471 members
- Human-Interest 17,907 photos, 1,144 members
- Pure Smile Unlimited - The Happiest Gallery 345 photos, 70 members
- Laos Images 31,290 photos, 2,274 members
- 1000+ Comments or Faves(invite only) 46 photos, 223 members
- 1000 Faves 193 photos, 188 members
- Flickr Addicts 6,455,148 photos, 95,434 members
- Lightning 39,144 photos, 15,059 members
- Colours of the world » 121 photos, 11 members
- Great Photography in Action - photoExplode.com 63,016 photos, 1,276 members
- hand-portraits 2,194 photos, 385 members
- elderly people 13,060 photos, 1,999 members
- Rain 40,917 photos, 9,533 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 26,265 photos, 5,637 members
- Portrait of FACE < Head to Shoulder Shots Only > 122,490 photos, 10,110 members
- Portraits Unlimited 319,087 photos, 8,819 members
- 50mm f/1.4 Shooters 275,097 photos, 11,060 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 519,409 photos, 34,002 members
- Nice pictures 1,305,793 photos, 32,700 members
- Landscape photography 984,456 photos, 47,898 members
- Magical trees and places 8,718 photos, 1,266 members
- Mountains Anywhere 369,425 photos, 27,527 members
- French Alps 13,564 photos, 830 members
- ALICE@CERN 40 photos, 22 members
- Physics 5,204 photos, 2,125 members
- We travel the World 905,158 photos, 40,491 members
- 100 View Club (Max 199 Views) 82,473 photos, 2,804 members
- Magnum Showcase (Moderated) 1,808 photos, 597 members
- Kiddos and Nature 616 photos, 85 members
- Refugee Youth 3,165 photos, 749 members
- Environment 37,752 photos, 2,231 members
- Carnival/Parade Masks 1,953 photos, 192 members
- Masquerade 2,211 photos, 822 members
- Lac d'Annecy 4,182 photos, 629 members
- Venitians dress 7,037 photos, 804 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,198 photos, 18,747 members
- NATURE&KIDS:Post*1 Awards*3 or"Bann" 8,765 photos, 1,232 members
- 1 Objeto + de 1 Perspectiva (This week: BUCKET) 3,012 photos, 1,048 members
- Great Ape Sanctuaries and Rescue/Rehabilitation Centres 260 photos, 39 members
- Wild Apes 297 photos, 64 members
- Great Apes 7,372 photos, 747 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 47,824 photos, 6,247 members
- APE HOUSE (no monkeys!) 8,157 photos, 1,226 members
- Artistic Animal Photography 15,570 photos, 2,622 members
Julien Falissard says:
"Merci pour tes images du monde qui sont magnifiques, continu à nous faire voyager à travers tes images.
Merci pour tes conseils, tu es pour moi un exemple.
@ + Julien"
November 20th, 2006
" my goal in life is for phitar to comment on my photos. hehe
i am in love with your photos of your children and wife. makes me very excited to be a mother and wife in the furture. great work."
November 20th, 2006
Fred [feukiou] says:
"OOooopsss I nearly clicked on the "block this person" link!! :)
Seriously, some of the most wonderful pictures I've ever seen and a very nice guy.
You've got a chance to meet life and maybe a bit of youth through pictures unforgettable, don't miss it.
Merci mec pour tout ce que tu nous montres."
August 29th, 2006
gabrielas Ramigabs says:
"j'adore les photos de phitar chaque une a une magie particulaire.. il cherche et a le chance de capturer les meilleures moments des vies cotidiennes ...
J'adores tes portraits et la diversite de cultures que tu nous montres...on a la chance de avoir des photografes tres humaines dans le monde!!!!"
July 3rd, 2006
"phitar is simply amazing. every picture he takes is beautiful and unique!!"
May 4th, 2006
"One day, I met Phitar in Bangkok, in an internet cafe. I recognized him. We spent the diner together. The problem with this guy, is that speaking with him is even more interesting than admiring his amazing photos. Just imagine..."
January 17th, 2006
Jennifer Esperanza says:
"Philippe's work is very strong. His deep rich colors inspire & his love of people & culture is clear. I always enjoy visiting his photo stream. It is wonderful to see where he has traveled.
Om Shanti, Jennifer"
December 14th, 2005
"Phitar is undoubtedly among the cream of the crop here on Flickr. His portraits are rich in content and colour while being beautifully composed. For me, it's the light in his shots that is awesome. He sees things in a way I can only dream of.
And he's a helluva nice guy too!"
December 9th, 2005
"Phitar is an absolute GREAT photographer! His photos are so strong in colour and composition and his portraits are stunning! Every time I look on his photostream I travel throught his eyes to the most gorgeous moments he had when he was looking through his camera!"
August 11th, 2005
"Philippe's images transcend photography to touch the very soul of man. To view his work is to travel thru a world most of us would never see and to embrace the truth of the human condition. Each image is both powerful and fragile...and after viewing, the faces of those he has shown will stay with you a very long time."
June 19th, 2005
Shootin' the breeze says:
"Some of the most jaw-droppingly, eye-wateringly beautiful and colourful photos that consistently blow my mind are taken, and sometimes tweaked, by Philippe.
A truly great Flickrer!"
May 19th, 2005
"phitar blows my mind away, one day i want to reach his standard in photography, and look through his creative eyes, he is brilliant and will surely make a difference to everyone!"
April 22nd, 2005
"Not many times you see the truth capture in it's simplest, evocative and most compelling way.
Phitar invites us to a journey into life, into knowledge , innocence, dreams and pain.
April 20th, 2005
- philippe tarbouriech
- January 2005
- around geneva, between france and switzerland
- I am:
- photographer recovering technologist
- phitar photos