thank you for the all kind words, the comments, the stimulations, the questions...
can I refer to your image in my blog ?
of course, i'd love to hear about it.
can I use one of your images in my orkut/myspace... profile ?
no. i find these requests very strange.
i work for such and such NGO/non profit... and would like to use your image for free. is that OK ?
i very often get such requests. if your organization only uses volunteers, please ask, I am open most of the time.
if you or other people (designer, printer, ...) get paid, why shouldn't I ? if my work helps yours, I see no reason why we shouldn't both be paid, so please only ask if you have a budget, even small.
can i publish your work ?
please contact me.
what equipment/film... do you use ?
i use canon equipment: mostly a 1DMkIII and a 1Ds. some pictures also were shot with a D30 or an IXUS 700. you probably could not tell from the image.
i use mostly a 16-35f2.8II and a 24-70mmf2.8.
i sometimes use a 50f1.4, a 100f2.8macro, lensbabies 3G, 70-200f4.
generally I now try to keep the EXIF info in the images so clicking "more properties" will give you the run down.
do you retouch your images ?
I increase contrast and saturation on those images I feel need it. sometimes darken the edges also. I rarely will erase an electric line but I do not like retouching faces.
can I buy a print ?
if you are so inclined, you could purchase prints on imagekind. if the image you want is not on imagekind, ask me and i will upload a highres version so you can buy a print.
why do you shoot photos ?
shootin' the breeze interviewed me. it gave me an opportunity to think about why.
how do you get people to relax ?
spending time getting to know them is a good start. a good rule: treat people as you'd like to be treated; with respect and dignity.
do you want to add your photo to my group ?
sure, why not. only if the only thing i have to do is click, and if the "badge" is not too intrusive... as for "post 1-comment N" I'll probably post but won't comment or fav N because you have not read my rules first. have you ?
can I post my images into comments on your images ?
please refrain. i find it annoying when i read comments to have to scroll through other images. I guess I'll start deleting those.
due to some misunderstandings related to the wording used in CreativeCommons license, all images are now "all rights reserved". however my intention is to allow the CC license (attribution/non commercial/no derivatives) with a special restriction regarding professional usage so if you'd like permission to use them, or would like some of them published on websites or any other kind of media, please contact me through my Flickr mail.
My most interesting photos according to Flickr.
Photos of phitar (5)
- MOUNTAIN 73,625 photos, 7,629 members
- *Capolavori d'Arte nel mondo 11,516 photos, 1,062 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 85,488 photos, 4,604 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 274,237 photos, 6,348 members
- City Skylines (Buildings,Cities) 341,055 photos, 18,203 members
- Japan Images 762,599 photos, 17,554 members
- Japan Through the Eyes of Others 288,649 photos, 8,671 members
- Human-Interest 18,797 photos, 1,244 members
- Pure Smile Unlimited - The Happiest Gallery 339 photos, 76 members
- Laos Images 33,620 photos, 2,409 members
- 1000+ Comments or Faves(invite only) 46 photos, 230 members
- 1000 Faves 675 photos, 280 members
- Flickr Addicts 8,298,220 photos, 114,617 members
- Lightning 41,669 photos, 15,835 members
- Colours of the world » 281 photos, 19 members
- Great Photography in Action - photoExplode.com 72,699 photos, 1,331 members
- hand-portraits 2,223 photos, 390 members
- elderly people 14,357 photos, 2,091 members
- Rain 43,613 photos, 9,792 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 28,105 photos, 5,821 members
- Portrait of FACE < Head to Shoulder Shots Only > 140,465 photos, 10,558 members
- Portraits Unlimited 384,578 photos, 10,109 members
- 50mm f/1.4 Shooters 297,136 photos, 11,652 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 562,838 photos, 37,498 members
- Nice pictures 2,026,917 photos, 46,259 members
- Landscape photography 1,451,605 photos, 69,248 members
- Magical trees and places 9,424 photos, 1,403 members
- Mountains Anywhere 452,537 photos, 31,170 members
- French Alps 15,590 photos, 921 members
- ALICE@CERN 40 photos, 21 members
- Physics 5,188 photos, 2,154 members
- We travel the World 1,101,927 photos, 43,780 members
- 100 View Club (Max 199 Views) 88,059 photos, 2,909 members
- Magnum Showcase (Moderated) 1,727 photos, 633 members
- Kiddos and Nature 611 photos, 83 members
- Refugee Youth 3,126 photos, 801 members
- Environment 43,976 photos, 2,317 members
- Carnival/Parade Masks 2,868 photos, 224 members
- Masquerade 2,517 photos, 852 members
- Lac d'Annecy 4,878 photos, 699 members
- Venitians dress 6,971 photos, 798 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,034 photos, 18,513 members
- NATURE&KIDS:Post*1 Awards*3 or"Bann" 8,761 photos, 1,241 members
- 1 Objeto + de 1 Perspectiva (This week: BUCKET) 3,120 photos, 1,048 members
- Great Ape Sanctuaries and Rescue/Rehabilitation Centres 276 photos, 39 members
- Wild Apes 331 photos, 75 members
- Great Apes 9,065 photos, 832 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 52,105 photos, 6,455 members
- APE HOUSE (no monkeys!) 8,676 photos, 1,287 members
- Artistic Animal Photography 15,348 photos, 2,663 members
Julien Falissard says:
"Merci pour tes images du monde qui sont magnifiques, continu à nous faire voyager à travers tes images.
Merci pour tes conseils, tu es pour moi un exemple.
@ + Julien"
November 20th, 2006
" my goal in life is for phitar to comment on my photos. hehe
i am in love with your photos of your children and wife. makes me very excited to be a mother and wife in the furture. great work."
November 20th, 2006
Fred [feukiou] says:
"OOooopsss I nearly clicked on the "block this person" link!! :)
Seriously, some of the most wonderful pictures I've ever seen and a very nice guy.
You've got a chance to meet life and maybe a bit of youth through pictures unforgettable, don't miss it.
Merci mec pour tout ce que tu nous montres."
August 29th, 2006
gabrielas Ramigabs says:
"j'adore les photos de phitar chaque une a une magie particulaire.. il cherche et a le chance de capturer les meilleures moments des vies cotidiennes ...
J'adores tes portraits et la diversite de cultures que tu nous montres...on a la chance de avoir des photografes tres humaines dans le monde!!!!"
July 3rd, 2006
"phitar is simply amazing. every picture he takes is beautiful and unique!!"
May 4th, 2006
"One day, I met Phitar in Bangkok, in an internet cafe. I recognized him. We spent the diner together. The problem with this guy, is that speaking with him is even more interesting than admiring his amazing photos. Just imagine..."
January 17th, 2006
Jennifer Esperanza says:
"Philippe's work is very strong. His deep rich colors inspire & his love of people & culture is clear. I always enjoy visiting his photo stream. It is wonderful to see where he has traveled.
Om Shanti, Jennifer"
December 14th, 2005
"Phitar is undoubtedly among the cream of the crop here on Flickr. His portraits are rich in content and colour while being beautifully composed. For me, it's the light in his shots that is awesome. He sees things in a way I can only dream of.
And he's a helluva nice guy too!"
December 9th, 2005
"Phitar is an absolute GREAT photographer! His photos are so strong in colour and composition and his portraits are stunning! Every time I look on his photostream I travel throught his eyes to the most gorgeous moments he had when he was looking through his camera!"
August 11th, 2005
"Philippe's images transcend photography to touch the very soul of man. To view his work is to travel thru a world most of us would never see and to embrace the truth of the human condition. Each image is both powerful and fragile...and after viewing, the faces of those he has shown will stay with you a very long time."
June 19th, 2005
Shootin' the breeze says:
"Some of the most jaw-droppingly, eye-wateringly beautiful and colourful photos that consistently blow my mind are taken, and sometimes tweaked, by Philippe.
A truly great Flickrer!"
May 19th, 2005
"phitar blows my mind away, one day i want to reach his standard in photography, and look through his creative eyes, he is brilliant and will surely make a difference to everyone!"
April 22nd, 2005
"Not many times you see the truth capture in it's simplest, evocative and most compelling way.
Phitar invites us to a journey into life, into knowledge , innocence, dreams and pain.
April 20th, 2005
- philippe tarbouriech
- January 2005
- I am:
- photographer recovering technologist
- phitar photos