Please DO NOT fave my images if:
1) you have no current images that I can see in your photostream;
2) you only have web pics taken by someone else;
3) you consistently plan to only fave and not leave any comments.
I have had far too many images stolen by others. So, I ask you to please understand my reasons and abide by my request.
If you fall into one of the categories above and still fave my images, you will be blocked.
If you want to add me as either Friend or Family, please understand that you must have similar images in your photostream that I can view before accepting you.
Thank you for these courtesies.
*****WARNING: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies or projects - You do NOT have my permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a serious violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.*****
Well Just Hit 49,000 + Views on this Image!
This is still one of my favourite images.
Shot with a Nikon AFS-VR 18-200mm lens.
On a Nikon Body Fuji S3pro on day of purchase.
Thanks has to go to "Jade Cartwright" a truly professional model and a beautiful person.
Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
I have had a life long passion for photography, born and raised in Birmingham during the mid 1950’s. At the age of four I could be found playing with my late fathers camera, a folding Kodak junior, eventually the camera was passed down to me by my late mother, which is still part of my collection today.
l was instrumental in getting my secondary school to invest in and set up, a darkroom. By the time I was sixteen I had already shot my first wedding. Upon leaving school I entered into the electrical trade, a year later, at the tender age of eighteen l was married and the proud father of a beautiful baby girl, Sharon Jane. It was at this time, in 1972, that photography for me really took flight.
In 1974,before the birth of my son James Robert in 1975, I moved to Telford, Shropshire with my family and joined the newly formed Wrekin Arts Photographic Club whilst for filling my duties as exhibition and competition secretary for the Telford Photographic Society. I eventually traded my Canon FD set up, finally moving onto Nikon F system.
For many photographers, the new millennium not only brought forth the digital revolution, but high-speed Internet too, photography as we knew it would never be the same again.
I purchased my first digital camera a Nikon coolpix 990 which is still in use today having been converted to Infra Red by my good friend John Powell AKA dotcomjohnny. It was only a short matter of time before I purchased my first DSLR a Nikon body Fuji S1pro which enabled to me to use the vast arsenal of lenses I had gathered over a number of years.
Around this time that I became acquainted with the many Internet photography websites that had sprung up, but it was with the DAPA Group, in 2004, that I finally settled. In 2008, after the group gained membership to the Midland Counties Photographic Federation (MCPF), I took up the post of group President and I am currently working towards a Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) distinction. with the encouragement of John Powell and other members of the Dapa Group having recently reached my BPE2*.
Photos of Phiggys (7)
- Fujifilm HS10/HS20/HS30 Photo Collection 4,578 photos, 140 members
- Fujifilm HS10 4,729 photos, 151 members
- FujiFilm FinePix HS10 / HS11 13,480 photos, 351 members
- Fuji Finepix HS 10 users ONLY 4,206 photos, 102 members
- Fuji HS10 Camera Tips 1,300 photos, 61 members
- Fuji Finepix HS series Gallery 58,214 photos, 1,399 members
- ***This should be a Postcard!*** 269,115 photos, 12,612 members
- The Best Captures AOI~AOI L2~ (Admin Invite) (P1-Award & Fave 3) 48,478 photos, 6,864 members
- The Amazing Photos ( p.1 - aw. 3 ) 60,612 photos, 3,947 members
- Beauty at its best 92,944 photos, 2,134 members
- MODEL MAGAZINE 76,693 photos, 8,076 members
- Portraits... Get Closer! 691,414 photos, 34,295 members
- Night Photography Group 216,129 photos, 12,079 members
- urban being - the world we built and live in (HQ) 42,247 photos, 917 members
- Tous les animaux du monde 903 photos, 19 members
- A Black Rose - Post 1 - Award 3 108,598 photos, 5,373 members
- Cherry on top! Photography - Invited images - Post 1 Award 2 90,599 photos, 13,120 members
- 30-FAV-Natur-nature 28,351 photos, 2,448 members
- Abandoned, Derelict, Ruins, Relics 11,636 photos, 477 members
- This is Wales. [No 30/60 limit.] 24,878 photos, 238 members
- Best Photo of the Day (High Quality Only, Moderated Queue) 34,284 photos, 1,059 members
- FlickrCentral 9,324,105 photos, 289,177 members
- Magic Moments 2,315,042 photos, 61,255 members
- nature and photography 2,017,894 photos, 84,341 members
- nature's composition 891,490 photos, 21,946 members
- ***Flickr Global 3,382,370 photos, 47,922 members
- The best of world picture 1,531,542 photos, 32,557 members
- Black&White Photo Group 1,112,085 photos, 33,644 members
- Black and White Landscapes 76,778 photos, 4,062 members
- Black and White Landscape photography 43,966 photos, 2,838 members
- Black and white landscape 1,028 photos, 86 members
- Black&White Photography - Congrats to the winners! 166,555 photos, 6,459 members
- Studio Lighting (No 30/60 Limit) 107,854 photos, 10,160 members
- Photographic Studio Work (no 30/60 Limit) 113,978 photos, 9,736 members
- ekamil - Post 1, invite 2!! 24,656 photos, 1,045 members
- Portrait Gallery Favorites ! 13,564 photos, 1,010 members
- Olympus OM Lenses on Micro 4/3rds Bodies 2,732 photos, 386 members
- Holga on Micro Four Thirds 1,452 photos, 155 members
- Micro 4/3 (Lens) Adaptations 8,505 photos, 377 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8 8,568 photos, 916 members
- Zuiko Digital Top Pro Lenses 13,238 photos, 341 members
- Micro Four Thirds groups(M43) 17,806 photos, 382 members
- Olympus E-M1 Photography 102,731 photos, 1,856 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 702,037 photos, 14,817 members
- Micro Four Thirds Community 730,273 photos, 11,488 members
- Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group 136,441 photos, 1,217 members
- Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 1,107,456 photos, 20,547 members
- Micro Four Thirds 4/3 System 231,388 photos, 2,255 members
- Micro 4/3 Mount Lenses - Official Tag Required 85,241 photos, 1,482 members
- * World's Best Nikon Shots * (invited pics!) 8,492 photos, 2,424 members
"Life is a series of precious moments and surprises.
Phiggy@phiggys.com & DAPA GROUP surprised me
with a beautiful testimonial. I was so overwhelmed by
his words, that I wanted to express how much he touched my life.
Phiggy, you are the very kind of man a woman would want to
spend her entire life with. Thank you for your kindness, generosity,
and your compassion. You swept me off my feet! You never know,
one day, our paths may cross.
Much love and Aloha from my heart and my home here in Hawaii,
Moanalani Ke`alohilani Roquette :)"
September 21st, 2010
"Phil... well, I've known Phil since for what seems like forever as I've been good friends with his son James since I was about 10.
I recall my early days of photography (late 80's/early 90's) spent at Phils house and chatting with him over technique and how to get the most out of my old Chinon SLR. He's been (and still is) a great influence/inspiration (and firend) to me and it's great to catch up again on here and view his outstanding work.
Thanks for everything so far Phil and keep the comments/advice and photo's coming."
October 18th, 2008
Photography JC says:
"Phil is a seasoned photographer. No matter if it is a portrait or a landscape, you can bet that you're looking at a well crafted photograph......anywhere you look in his photostream. He is a very knowledgeable fella and happy to share from his experience. I enjoy looking at his photography and am often inspired. Please take a look for yourself and be prepared to be impressed."
December 9th, 2008
""Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
I met Phil In Febuary this year at the Focus on Imaging show at the NEC.
It was my second visit to the show as I was keen to shoot the models at the show but hadnt had chance on my first visit due to it being so busy.
I did get chance to visit the stand this time and had the pleasure of Phils company and wealth of experience whilst taking the photos.
Phil possesses a wealth of knowledge within photography that most of us can only dream of achieving.. What makes Phil so special as a photographer and as a person he is one of the few photographers and people we have ever met that is willing to share his knowledge to help others to grow and learn.
Phil is a true gentleman for whom I hold the highest reagrd and respect both as a photographer and as a friend.
"Money might make you wealthy, but friends makes you rich""
September 2nd, 2008
Mistress Pussycat says:
"Thank You So Much For The Add... Looking forward to sharing a nice friendship with you... Live Life...Love Life...Always Be YOU!!!
June 27th, 2008
"You know what? It gives me the greatest pleasure to be the first person to write Phil a testimonial as you couldn’t meet a nicer guy! To be honest with you I’ve sat down many times before to write this, it’s not that I’m lost for words, the fact is, there were too many of them! Trying to condense them down to a manageable level, when you have so many nice things to say about the guy, becomes a bit of a problem. People who know Phil will understand what I mean. If I had to sum Phil up in one word, that word would be “Generous”. Phil is generous with his time, generous with his knowledge and above all, generous in his friendship with others. I raise my glass to you Phil, long may our friendship continue."
August 16th, 2007
- November 2004
- Born in Birmingham
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Retired Engineer