Please DO NOT fave my images if:
1) you have no current images that I can see in your photostream;
2) you only have web pics taken by someone else;
3) you consistently plan to only fave and not leave any comments.
I have had far too many images stolen by others. So, I ask you to please understand my reasons and abide by my request.
If you fall into one of the categories above and still fave my images, you will be blocked.
If you want to add me as either Friend or Family, please understand that you must have similar images in your photostream that I can view before accepting you.
Thank you for these courtesies.
*****WARNING: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies or projects - You do NOT have my permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a serious violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.*****
Well Just Hit 27,000 + Views on this Image!
This is still one of my favourite images.
Shot with a Nikon AFS-VR 18-200mm lens.
On a Nikon Body Fuji S3pro on day of purchase.
Thanks has to go to "Jade Cartwright" a truly professional model and a beautiful person.
Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
I have had a life long passion for photography, born and raised in Birmingham during the mid 1950’s. At the age of four I could be found playing with my late fathers camera, a folding Kodak junior, eventually the camera was passed down to me by my late mother, which is still part of my collection today.
l was instrumental in getting my secondary school to invest in and set up, a darkroom. By the time I was sixteen I had already shot my first wedding. Upon leaving school I entered into the electrical trade, a year later, at the tender age of eighteen l was married and the proud father of a beautiful baby girl, Sharon Jane. It was at this time, in 1972, that photography for me really took flight.
In 1974,before the birth of my son James Robert in 1975, I moved to Telford, Shropshire with my family and joined the newly formed Wrekin Arts Photographic Club whilst for filling my duties as exhibition and competition secretary for the Telford Photographic Society. I eventually traded my Canon FD set up, finally moving onto Nikon F system.
For many photographers, the new millennium not only brought forth the digital revolution, but high-speed Internet too, photography as we knew it would never be the same again.
I purchased my first digital camera a Nikon coolpix 990 which is still in use today having been converted to Infra Red by my good friend John Powell AKA dotcomjohnny. It was only a short matter of time before I purchased my first DSLR a Nikon body Fuji S1pro which enabled to me to use the vast arsenal of lenses I had gathered over a number of years.
Around this time that I became acquainted with the many Internet photography websites that had sprung up, but it was with the DAPA Group, in 2004, that I finally settled. In 2008, after the group gained membership to the Midland Counties Photographic Federation (MCPF), I took up the post of group President and I am currently working towards a Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) distinction. with the encouragement of John Powell and other members of the Dapa Group having recently reached my BPE2*.
Photos of Phiggys (11)
- MG Maestros 297 photos, 23 members
- "LES PORTRAITS DU MONDE" : POST 1 / COMMENT 3 !! 19,077 photos, 1,274 members
- _Impressive Images (Invite Only) 1,271 photos, 56 members
- Illuminations in Black and White 21,356 photos, 1,696 members
- 5 Flickr Favs (pool & contest invitation required) 24,204 photos, 2,334 members
- COLL. par Impatience_1 *PORTRAIT*SCÈNE de VIE*Adm Inv 50,210 photos, 1,098 members
- Animals with their parents (Animais com os seus pais) 978 photos, 56 members
- The Open Photography / Camera Club 3,211 photos, 154 members
- worldlightning 320,095 photos, 5,964 members
- Le COOL 95,200 photos, 2,168 members
- Our best photos on Flick 122,114 photos, 2,464 members
- Faces Book 13,994 photos, 517 members
- Nikon Scotland 25,970 photos, 437 members
- Showcase Scotland 13,812 photos, 475 members
- This is Scotland 119,935 photos, 1,898 members
- Scotland Black and White 34,538 photos, 1,729 members
- Scotland In Black & White 7,101 photos, 374 members
- Scotland Polarised 1,114 photos, 53 members
- Scotlands Countryside 25,177 photos, 1,104 members
- Scotland 612,769 photos, 19,014 members
- Scotland in Picture 378,726 photos, 8,435 members
- Photo Geek #1 33,721 photos, 814 members
- NATURAL SCIENCES (Biology and Geology) 18,199 photos, 442 members
- Porfolio Nature 4,492 photos, 520 members
- Lumix 112,275 photos, 1,691 members
- Labrador Retrievers 30,775 photos, 1,676 members
- ! !^Admiration Gallery 15+ Faves Level 1 36,349 photos, 1,619 members
- Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 5,430 photos, 1,003 members
- My_Way♫♫♫... 38,920 photos, 1,961 members
- Nikkor 12-24mm f/4 17,895 photos, 1,530 members
- Portraits in studio top quality 17,201 photos, 1,823 members
- Black and White Elegance (On vacation and temporary closed) 13,211 photos, 7,973 members
- Gallery Unique 13,879 photos, 463 members
- Smiles/Sonrisas 1,661 photos, 343 members
- Sorria / Smile 11,508 photos, 3,028 members
- Color of Passion♡ RED 1,597 photos, 78 members
- *Mohn(süchtig) * 833 photos, 122 members
- Red Rule 667,874 photos, 58,137 members
- ✿ RED ✿ POPPY ✿ 5,602 photos, 1,259 members
- poppyworld 8,762 photos, 1,625 members
- poppy - unlimited 9,269 photos, 1,533 members
- BLACK & WHITE - P1&A2 (NO SEPIA) 354,301 photos, 14,608 members
- Poppies 22,607 photos, 3,706 members
- Pavots et Coquelicots- POPPIES / P1- Award 2 13,704 photos, 2,643 members
- Show All Your Photos (No 30/60 limit) 1,180,941 photos, 5,677 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,837,744 photos, 78,303 members
- Images of Wales / Cymru 3,195 photos, 137 members
- Visit Northumberland 1,871 photos, 319 members
- #1 Images that caught my eye 5,002 photos, 57 members
- Faces that can launch 1000 ships - Opted out of group limits 51,680 photos, 1,765 members
"Life is a series of precious moments and surprises.
Phiggy@phiggys.com & DAPA GROUP surprised me
with a beautiful testimonial. I was so overwhelmed by
his words, that I wanted to express how much he touched my life.
Phiggy, you are the very kind of man a woman would want to
spend her entire life with. Thank you for your kindness, generosity,
and your compassion. You swept me off my feet! You never know,
one day, our paths may cross.
Much love and Aloha from my heart and my home here in Hawaii,
Moanalani Ke`alohilani Roquette :)"
September 21st, 2010
"Phil... well, I've known Phil since for what seems like forever as I've been good friends with his son James since I was about 10.
I recall my early days of photography (late 80's/early 90's) spent at Phils house and chatting with him over technique and how to get the most out of my old Chinon SLR. He's been (and still is) a great influence/inspiration (and firend) to me and it's great to catch up again on here and view his outstanding work.
Thanks for everything so far Phil and keep the comments/advice and photo's coming."
October 18th, 2008
Photography JC says:
"Phil is a seasoned photographer. No matter if it is a portrait or a landscape, you can bet that you're looking at a well crafted photograph......anywhere you look in his photostream. He is a very knowledgeable fella and happy to share from his experience. I enjoy looking at his photography and am often inspired. Please take a look for yourself and be prepared to be impressed."
December 9th, 2008
""Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
I met Phil In Febuary this year at the Focus on Imaging show at the NEC.
It was my second visit to the show as I was keen to shoot the models at the show but hadnt had chance on my first visit due to it being so busy.
I did get chance to visit the stand this time and had the pleasure of Phils company and wealth of experience whilst taking the photos.
Phil possesses a wealth of knowledge within photography that most of us can only dream of achieving.. What makes Phil so special as a photographer and as a person he is one of the few photographers and people we have ever met that is willing to share his knowledge to help others to grow and learn.
Phil is a true gentleman for whom I hold the highest reagrd and respect both as a photographer and as a friend.
"Money might make you wealthy, but friends makes you rich""
September 2nd, 2008
Mistress Pussycat says:
"Thank You So Much For The Add... Looking forward to sharing a nice friendship with you... Live Life...Love Life...Always Be YOU!!!
June 27th, 2008
"You know what? It gives me the greatest pleasure to be the first person to write Phil a testimonial as you couldn’t meet a nicer guy! To be honest with you I’ve sat down many times before to write this, it’s not that I’m lost for words, the fact is, there were too many of them! Trying to condense them down to a manageable level, when you have so many nice things to say about the guy, becomes a bit of a problem. People who know Phil will understand what I mean. If I had to sum Phil up in one word, that word would be “Generous”. Phil is generous with his time, generous with his knowledge and above all, generous in his friendship with others. I raise my glass to you Phil, long may our friendship continue."
August 16th, 2007
- November 2004
- Born in Birmingham
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Retired Engineer