59 Yr Old retired long-haul Tractor-Trailer Driver, living in Albany, CA.
Unemployed / semi-retired.
I've been a photographer since 1970...
I have used, and still own, quite a number of cameras, including, but not limited to: a Santa Barbara Pinhole 4x5, an Olympus Pen-FT, five Nikons - a D40x, a Nikkormat FT2, a Nikon N75, a F4s, an FE, a Rollieflex that is currently out of action, a Pentax SP-1000, a Lomography Belair X 6-12, a Voightländer Bessa R4M, an old Zeiss-Ikon Ikonta (6x6cm) and a Z.-I. Nettar. (6x9cm)
I've posted shots from 12 cameras so far - the additions to the above (and reason I'm no longer using such) are: a Nikon F4s, (stolen, now replaced by another F4s...) Olympus OM-1MD, (fallen out of favor) a Ricoh 500, (borrowed) a Kodak Instamatic 104, (My first camera, long since disappeared) and a Minox M3 DCC Leica replica (not enough Mp for me - and it's low-light capability is non-existent!)
Note: all photos are full-frame for the camera in use (always tagged...) UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. (I often crop, but always indicate when I do so, unless the picture is an old (pre-2008) scan... when I might have forgotten whether the .jpg on my computer is, or is not, a crop...) When I'm shooting with a vibration reduction lens (Nikon: VR, Sigma: OS) the feature is turned OFF unless stated otherwise. Note that no shots from the F4s will have Vibration Reduction active - The Nikon F4 simply doesn't know about VR...
Re: Geotags - I try to always geotag the location of the subject. The only exception to this is when I'm photographing something large and far away (like a sunset, sunrise, cloud formation...) when my geotag will be where I was standing (sitting, etc...) when the shutter went off. Exceptions will be noted. I do not geotag photos taken in my house/studio, or when the subject of the photo has requested privacy in this respect...
When I post in a caption the line a bus or other transit vehicle is working, I mean the line the vehicle was working on the day that the picture captioned was taken: the transit line(s) may have changed since the picture was taken! I try to indicate when such a change has happened, if I know of the change...
For the vast majority of my pictures of road vehicles, I am one of the following:
(in descending order of picture numbers)
1) Taking the picture from the sidewalk as a pedestrian,
2) Taking the picture from a stopped vehicle,
3) Taking the picture from the median as a pedestrian,
4) Taking the picture from a vehicle where I am a passenger ,
5) otherwise not endangering traffic, pedestrians, myself, or anyone else! (overheads, bridges, etc...) This last is for most of my "parking slobs" pictures, where I'm taking the picture from one side of the parking aisle, of the other side.
For rail vehicles, I am almost always standing by the tracks in a safe location, or in a train station...
Also note: when I cross a time zone line, I don't reset my camera's clock, or date: i have crossed the international Date Line a couple'o times, and didn't re-set the camera (which does correct for Daylight Savings Time...) either time. The camera is always on American Pacific Time, either PDT or PST... (there's also an Aussie Pacific time zone...) Take this into account when looking at the EXIF info from my cameras... The camera clocks aren't really all that accurate, either - I check them about once a year, and the D610 (at least) is fast by almost 3 minutes...
- Binary minimum 4096 views 1 photo, 1 member
- Binary minimum 2048 views 2 photos, 1 member
- Binary minimum 1024 views 10 photos, 1 member
- Binary minimum 768 views 15 photos, 1 member
- Binary minimum 512 views 24 photos, 1 member
- Binary minimum 256 views 99 photos, 1 member
- Binary minimum 128 views 116 photos, 1 member
- Film Photography (1/day) -VOTE 14,897 photos, 1,468 members
- Oakland Airport 682 photos, 24 members
- Nikon AF-D lenses 517 photos, 30 members
- Chula Vista 159 photos, 20 members
- a380 37 photos, 7 members
- Jaguar Cars 24,229 photos, 3,024 members
- SUPER WIDE-HELIAR 15mm F4.5 Aspherical 2,776 photos, 208 members
- 75mm - Optical Orgasm 4 photos, 4 members
- LEICA ENVY 21,281 photos, 500 members
- Bessa R4A R4M 2,852 photos, 171 members
- Lomography Films 33,765 photos, 2,440 members
- Ilford XP2 400 15,993 photos, 1,704 members
- Classic (pre 1970) 6x4.5 Folding Roll Film Cameras 220 photos, 51 members
- Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f1.8 Classic 1,116 photos, 225 members
- 645 Medium Format 44,609 photos, 3,263 members
- 40mm 24,888 photos, 1,087 members
- Bergger BRF 400+ and BRF 400 295 photos, 22 members
- Voigtlander 117,973 photos, 4,526 members
- Cosina Voigtlander SUPER WIDE HELIAR 15mm F4.5 Aspherical II 4,647 photos, 520 members
- Airbus A330 40,092 photos, 1,269 members
- Airbus A340 18,270 photos, 1,180 members
- San Diego Metropolitan Transit System 501 photos, 32 members
- Rangefinders 148,083 photos, 2,849 members
- Nokton Classic 40mm f/1.4 23,491 photos, 1,471 members
- Voigtländer Heliar 15mm & 12mm, full-frame, no crop! 3,058 photos, 301 members
- *Bessa Rangefinders* 50,044 photos, 1,926 members
- Lomography Belair 1,735 photos, 347 members
- The 6x12 and Wider Group 3,726 photos, 392 members
- Airplanes 485,685 photos, 9,253 members
- Douglas DC-9 / Boeing 717 12 photos, 6 members
- Less is More 2015 4,107 photos, 1,546 members
- 55mm Prime Lens 160 photos, 3 members
- micro-nikkor 55mm 8,112 photos, 752 members
- AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D 2,506 photos, 372 members
- Arlington Virginia 7,294 photos, 322 members
- AI-S lenses 5,111 photos, 245 members
- New York City 692,184 photos, 51,306 members
- New York City Street Photography 104,217 photos, 5,324 members
- Project Weather 439,943 photos, 75,533 members
- The NYC Subway 46,456 photos, 12,992 members
- Baldwin Locomotives 1,616 photos, 118 members
- two planes in the same picture 14,453 photos, 320 members
- Nikon Porn 6,898 photos, 3,342 members
THE Holy Hand Grenade! doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Paul Sullivan
- June 2008
- San Francisco, CA
- Albany, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Truck Driver