59 Yr Old retired long-haul Tractor-Trailer Driver, living in Albany, CA.
Unemployed / semi-retired.
I've been a photographer since 1970...
I have used, and still own, quite a number of cameras, including, but not limited to: a Santa Barbara Pinhole 4x5, an Olympus Pen-FT, five Nikons - a D40x, a Nikkormat FT2, a Nikon N75, a F4s, an FE, a Rollieflex that is currently out of action, a Pentax SP-1000, a Lomography Belair X 6-12, a Voightländer Bessa R4M, an old Zeiss-Ikon Ikonta (6x6cm) and a Z.-I. Nettar. (6x9cm)
I've posted shots from 12 cameras so far - the additions to the above (and reason I'm no longer using such) are: a Nikon F4s, (stolen, now replaced by another F4s...) Olympus OM-1MD, (fallen out of favor) a Ricoh 500, (borrowed) a Kodak Instamatic 104, (My first camera, long since disappeared) and a Minox M3 DCC Leica replica (not enough Mp for me - and it's low-light capability is non-existent!)
Note: all photos are full-frame for the camera in use (always tagged...) UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. (I often crop, but always indicate when I do so, unless the picture is an old (pre-2008) scan... when I might have forgotten whether the .jpg on my computer is, or is not, a crop...) When I'm shooting with a vibration reduction lens (Nikon: VR, Sigma: OS) the feature is turned OFF unless stated otherwise. Note that no shots from the F4s will have Vibration Reduction active - The Nikon F4 simply doesn't know about VR...
Re: Geotags - I try to always geotag the location of the subject. The only exception to this is when I'm photographing something large and far away (like a sunset, sunrise, cloud formation...) when my geotag will be where I was standing (sitting, etc...) when the shutter went off. Exceptions will be noted. I do not geotag photos taken in my house/studio, or when the subject of the photo has requested privacy in this respect...
When I post in a caption the line a bus or other transit vehicle is working, I mean the line the vehicle was working on the day that the picture captioned was taken: the transit line(s) may have changed since the picture was taken! I try to indicate when such a change has happened, if I know of the change...
For the vast majority of my pictures of road vehicles, I am one of the following:
(in descending order of picture numbers)
1) Taking the picture from the sidewalk as a pedestrian,
2) Taking the picture from a stopped vehicle,
3) Taking the picture from the median as a pedestrian,
4) Taking the picture from a vehicle where I am a passenger ,
5) otherwise not endangering traffic, pedestrians, myself, or anyone else! (overheads, bridges, etc...) This last is for most of my "parking slobs" pictures, where I'm taking the picture from one side of the parking aisle, of the other side.
For rail vehicles, I am almost always standing by the tracks in a safe location, or in a train station...
Also note: when I cross a time zone line, I don't reset my camera's clock, or date: i have crossed the international Date Line a couple'o times, and didn't re-set the camera (which does correct for Daylight Savings Time...) either time. The camera is always on American Pacific Time, either PDT or PST... (there's also an Aussie Pacific time zone...) Take this into account when looking at the EXIF info from my cameras... The camera clocks aren't really all that accurate, either - I check them about once a year, and the D610 (at least) is fast by almost 3 minutes...
- Oakland Airport 682 photos, 24 members
- Nikon AF-D lenses 365 photos, 29 members
- Chula Vista 156 photos, 20 members
- a380 36 photos, 6 members
- Jaguar Cars 23,993 photos, 3,014 members
- SUPER WIDE-HELIAR 15mm F4.5 Aspherical 2,747 photos, 201 members
- 75mm - Optical Orgasm 4 photos, 4 members
- LEICA ENVY 21,004 photos, 497 members
- Bessa R4A R4M 2,834 photos, 166 members
- Lomography Films 33,359 photos, 2,429 members
- Ilford XP2 400 15,904 photos, 1,681 members
- Classic (pre 1970) 6x4.5 Folding Roll Film Cameras 215 photos, 50 members
- Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f1.8 Classic 1,115 photos, 218 members
- 645 Medium Format 44,246 photos, 3,243 members
- 40mm 24,680 photos, 1,072 members
- Bergger BRF 400+ and BRF 400 289 photos, 22 members
- Voigtlander 116,505 photos, 4,486 members
- Cosina Voigtlander SUPER WIDE HELIAR 15mm F4.5 Aspherical II 4,586 photos, 518 members
- Airbus A330 39,496 photos, 1,254 members
- Airbus A340 18,103 photos, 1,172 members
- San Diego Metropolitan Transit System 501 photos, 31 members
- Rangefinders 145,993 photos, 2,834 members
- Nokton Classic 40mm f/1.4 23,346 photos, 1,448 members
- Voigtländer Heliar 15mm & 12mm, full-frame, no crop! 2,964 photos, 287 members
- *Bessa Rangefinders* 49,408 photos, 1,926 members
- Lomography Belair 1,722 photos, 343 members
- The 6x12 and Wider Group 3,705 photos, 388 members
- Airplanes 475,911 photos, 9,190 members
- Douglas DC-9 / Boeing 717 12 photos, 6 members
- Less is More 2015 3,698 photos, 1,413 members
- 55mm Prime Lens 160 photos, 3 members
- micro-nikkor 55mm 8,045 photos, 743 members
- AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D 2,543 photos, 366 members
- Arlington Virginia 7,263 photos, 322 members
- AI-S lenses 4,716 photos, 237 members
- New York City 688,429 photos, 50,971 members
- New York City Street Photography 102,801 photos, 5,291 members
- Project Weather 407,414 photos, 72,915 members
- The NYC Subway 46,238 photos, 12,851 members
- Baldwin Locomotives 1,607 photos, 118 members
- two planes in the same picture 14,271 photos, 319 members
- Nikon Porn 6,913 photos, 3,332 members
- 1000+ views (No people, please) 7,464 photos, 314 members
- Winnemucca NV ( Amtrak ) 40 photos, 6 members
- (SFO) San Francisco International Airport 8,236 photos, 126 members
- 200mm 852 photos, 73 members
- Millbrae, CA 115 photos, 10 members
- San Mateo County Group 12,417 photos, 603 members
- Boeing 787 13,565 photos, 1,222 members
- 400mm 367 photos, 3 members
THE Holy Hand Grenade! doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Paul Sullivan
- June 2008
- San Francisco, CA
- Albany, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Truck Driver