I am not my work.
I am a photographer, writer, a loving husband and father.
I read a quote at someones profile that just stuck in my head, because it describes so well how I feel concerning bw. It goes something like this and if I got it wrong I appologize.
"When you photograph people in color you can see the color of their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you can see their souls! "
AND this one..
"I suggest though, that if we strive for perfect, digitally processed images and prints, the further away we might get from our own fallibility and accident prone humanity."- Michael Kenna.
Be happy with what you got, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Life is a journey, not a destination..
If you are interested in buying images of mine you can go here:
Some of my Images are licenced through Getty Images,
you´ll find them here: Getty Images
"Amateurs talk about equipment,
Professionals about money
and photographers about the LIGHT!"
- Street Photography 2,825 photos, 38,437 members
- Phenomenology 15,400 photos, 2,682 members
- Long Exposures Rule The World 2,852 photos, 907 members
- APF Magazine Street Photography Group 231 photos, 1,697 members
- Visual Storytelling 9,838 photos, 693 members
- Life in Black & White 816,208 photos, 26,963 members
- Street Photography Magazine 161,733 photos, 7,170 members
- Street Photographers Around the World 14,896 photos, 509 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,878 photos, 67,329 members
- Fuji X100 & X100s night pictures 5,409 photos, 845 members
- Fuji X100s Enthusiasts 36,244 photos, 1,364 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 37,241 photos, 1,632 members
- Fujifilm X Square 3,657 photos, 274 members
- FUJIFILM X STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 72,739 photos, 2,868 members
- Fuji x100s 109,945 photos, 7,073 members
- Fuji X100 - Street Photography 10,146 photos, 426 members
- Fuji X Black and White 59,706 photos, 1,997 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 96,885 photos, 2,598 members
- streetseeing 3,935 photos, 160 members
- The Portrait Group 2,640,087 photos, 150,454 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 135,166 photos, 10,439 members
- Poverty & Children: International 21,438 photos, 2,592 members
- the human condition 102,660 photos, 3,590 members
- The Defining Touch 13,141 photos, 834 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 757,034 photos, 29,317 members
- worldwide street photography 27,689 photos, 1,277 members
- Street portrait 37,455 photos, 2,248 members
- Street Life 401,182 photos, 10,078 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 164,797 photos, 6,582 members
- Street Photography International 148,288 photos, 5,717 members
- Street Shots with Feeling 38,983 photos, 1,184 members
- Street Photos ONLY 54,439 photos, 3,765 members
- Street radical 51,832 photos, 2,766 members
- Streets of mine 99,265 photos, 4,607 members
- Street Photography — UK 72,611 photos, 3,648 members
- Svenska Svart-Vita Fotografer 19,831 photos, 412 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 8,687 photos, 586 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 33,891 photos, 1,133 members
- Cloudporn 227,748 photos, 33,464 members
- The Decisive Moment 10,538 photos, 715 members
- Little People 240,935 photos, 15,393 members
- Lonely Planet 751,072 photos, 20,176 members
- Candid Camera (Person NOT Posing) 216,550 photos, 7,672 members
- Wild-Child (Kids in Action) 24,817 photos, 4,757 members
- People of the World 577,772 photos, 18,160 members
- Travel Photojournalism 69,267 photos, 11,098 members
- Portraits from the Street 126,975 photos, 5,594 members
- Documentary Portraiture 23,962 photos, 2,102 members
- Black & White Digital 465,987 photos, 17,463 members
- White/Black 573,630 photos, 30,549 members
"Peter...you are by far one of THE BEST photographers out there. Your work is truly amazing!!"
May 10th, 2013
stephen cosh says:
"Peter Levi, apart from being a really nice guy I met on Flickr, is a true street photographer. His work is instinctive, yet considered and very polished. He is a source of daily inspiration for hundreds of street togs and he's a real asset to this community."
December 21st, 2012
Sigi K ॐ says:
"Peter, your work is incredibly good. This is an obvious understatement, but "how ?", i ask " do i do justice to this mans talent"...
Your black and white images are worth striving for and your eye for detail and composition make it clear that photography is a perfect marriage for you.
You see the possibility in a mundane scene that most of us would walk by every day and not care to notice. You truly glorify the 'slice of life' that makes living a wonderful journey.
I wish you more than luck - you are very talented and your work deserves recognition - but what is by far your most fabulous trait is your humbleness.
Despite your obvious popularity and good image stream you are polite, kind, fair and a loyal flickr contact.
With so many contacts or flickr personalities absorbed in their own self importance that they can only 'take' but not 'give' this makes you truly special.
All the best Peter - you certainly deserve it.."
March 21st, 2012
"Impressed me about your work because you have a perfect control over the high lights and strong contrasts. His work is clean and completely clear. And I'm not even talking about his compositions, which I consider one of the best I have ever seen.
Your photos are a real lesson for me. I just hope to be smart enough to learn."
December 13th, 2011
"Each photo is not just a picture but it is a emotion. The technique is always perfect and the attention to detail and exceptional. A photographer to follow. Peter is my favorite photographer"
November 7th, 2011
- Peter Levi
- January 2011
- Stockholm, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken