I am not my work.
I am a photographer, writer, a loving husband and father.
I read a quote at someones profile that just stuck in my head, because it describes so well how I feel concerning bw. It goes something like this and if I got it wrong I appologize.
"When you photograph people in color you can see the color of their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you can see their souls! "
AND this one..
"I suggest though, that if we strive for perfect, digitally processed images and prints, the further away we might get from our own fallibility and accident prone humanity."- Michael Kenna.
Be happy with what you got, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Life is a journey, not a destination..
If you are interested in buying images of mine you can go here:
Some of my Images are licenced through Getty Images,
you´ll find them here: Getty Images
"Amateurs talk about equipment,
Professionals about money
and photographers about the LIGHT!"
Photos of Peter Levi (8)
- Street Photography Magazine 31,348 photos, 1,254 members
- Street Photographers Around the World 460 photos, 48 members
- Galería WoodpaintinG 405 photos, 23 members
- Street Decisive Moments 350 photos, 165 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,864 photos, 59,496 members
- Spatial Conundrums 21 photos, 90 members
- Sky Meets Land 776 photos, 332 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 992,170 photos, 61,778 members
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 121,204 photos, 5,072 members
- Fuji X100 & X100s night pictures 2,694 photos, 524 members
- Fuji X100s Enthusiasts 14,812 photos, 715 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 18,602 photos, 911 members
- Fujifilm X Square 2,974 photos, 229 members
- A Low Key Affair 608 photos, 293 members
- FUJIFILM X STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 30,211 photos, 1,419 members
- X100S FUJI - FULL SIZE PHOTOS 2,439 photos, 433 members
- Fuji x100s 55,250 photos, 5,182 members
- Fuji X100 - Street Photography 8,169 photos, 374 members
- Fuji X Black and White 34,088 photos, 1,335 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 76,006 photos, 2,295 members
- Tired of Tulips? 1,667 photos, 906 members
- streetseeing 419 photos, 86 members
- PopPhoto.com Photo of the Day 62,592 photos, 2,774 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 718 photos, 923 members
- canon photography 3,392,207 photos, 68,545 members
- The Portrait Group 2,302,282 photos, 137,837 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,911,281 photos, 145,255 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 122,351 photos, 10,006 members
- Poverty & Children: International 19,276 photos, 2,554 members
- the human condition 82,684 photos, 3,269 members
- B&W PROFESSIONAL 325 photos, 72 members
- Belle De Contre Jour 43,188 photos, 3,568 members
- The Defining Touch 8,982 photos, 567 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 628,441 photos, 26,704 members
- worldwide street photography 10,603 photos, 608 members
- Street portrait 28,266 photos, 1,809 members
- Cover Street 264 photos, 748 members
- Street Life 308,228 photos, 8,302 members
- Street Noir 611 photos, 1,298 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 97,939 photos, 4,440 members
- across the street: minimalist street photography 4,168 photos, 3,794 members
- Street Photography International 79,986 photos, 3,223 members
- Street Shots with Feeling 21,642 photos, 650 members
- STREET ROMANCE 645 photos, 590 members
- Street Photography... post to topics (riffs) -read the rules! 3,105 photos, 2,144 members
- Street Photos ONLY 23,300 photos, 1,520 members
- Street radical 24,766 photos, 1,605 members
- Streets of mine 55,824 photos, 3,117 members
- Street Photography / STREETCA 17,638 photos, 1,111 members
- Street Shadows ( Street Photography ) 88 photos, 2,154 members
Thomas Leuthard says:
"I was in Stockholm over the weekend and for a preparation I just searched in Flickr for "Stockholm Street Photography". Most of the "intersting" photos found were from Peter Levi. So I wrote him a message, if he likes to meet for a walk.
Peter is a wonderful person and an excellent photographer. We had a lot of fun and a very good talk during our walk through Stockholm. I hope we can meet again in some other place in order to shoot together.
Thanks for everything. You made made trip to Stockholm (not only because of "The Hot Dog Shot")."
19th August, 2013
"Peter...you are by far one of THE BEST photographers out there. Your work is truly amazing!!"
10th May, 2013
stephen cosh says:
"Peter Levi, apart from being a really nice guy I met on Flickr, is a true street photographer. His work is instinctive, yet considered and very polished. He is a source of daily inspiration for hundreds of street togs and he's a real asset to this community."
21st December, 2012
Sigi K ॐ says:
"Peter, your work is incredibly good. This is an obvious understatement, but "how ?", i ask " do i do justice to this mans talent"...
Your black and white images are worth striving for and your eye for detail and composition make it clear that photography is a perfect marriage for you.
You see the possibility in a mundane scene that most of us would walk by every day and not care to notice. You truly glorify the 'slice of life' that makes living a wonderful journey.
I wish you more than luck - you are very talented and your work deserves recognition - but what is by far your most fabulous trait is your humbleness.
Despite your obvious popularity and good image stream you are polite, kind, fair and a loyal flickr contact.
With so many contacts or flickr personalities absorbed in their own self importance that they can only 'take' but not 'give' this makes you truly special.
All the best Peter - you certainly deserve it.."
21st March, 2012
"Impressed me about your work because you have a perfect control over the high lights and strong contrasts. His work is clean and completely clear. And I'm not even talking about his compositions, which I consider one of the best I have ever seen.
Your photos are a real lesson for me. I just hope to be smart enough to learn."
13th December, 2011
"Each photo is not just a picture but it is a emotion. The technique is always perfect and the attention to detail and exceptional. A photographer to follow. Peter is my favorite photographer"
7th November, 2011
- Peter Levi
- January 2011
- Stockholm, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken