I am not my work.
I am a photographer, writer, a loving husband and father.
I read a quote at someones profile that just stuck in my head, because it describes so well how I feel concerning bw. It goes something like this and if I got it wrong I appologize.
"When you photograph people in color you can see the color of their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you can see their souls! "
AND this one..
"I suggest though, that if we strive for perfect, digitally processed images and prints, the further away we might get from our own fallibility and accident prone humanity."- Michael Kenna.
Be happy with what you got, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Life is a journey, not a destination..
If you are interested in buying images of mine you can go here:
Some of my Images are licenced through Getty Images,
you´ll find them here: Getty Images
"Amateurs talk about equipment,
Professionals about money
and photographers about the LIGHT!"
- Rambles 190 photos, 375 members
- Street curators 49 photos, 28 members
- burn magazine 14,108 photos, 341 members
- Fuji X70 10,923 photos, 1,100 members
- Fuji X 152,187 photos, 5,084 members
- Fuji X Forum 63,459 photos, 1,659 members
- Sense of street photography 6,835 photos, 213 members
- the wanderers 32,762 photos, 559 members
- Street Shooter 141,546 photos, 3,576 members
- Swedish Street Photography 2,569 photos, 724 members
- The Essence of Street Photography (TESP) 1,141 photos, 2,818 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,767 photos, 19,068 members
- Street Photography Beginners 335,515 photos, 17,651 members
- GIRLS GIRLS GIRLZ 5,275 photos, 1,042 members
- Street Photography 3,190 photos, 43,508 members
- Long Exposures Rule The World 5,627 photos, 2,658 members
- APF Magazine Street Photography Group 567 photos, 3,222 members
- Visual Storytelling 22,079 photos, 915 members
- Life in Black & White 1,079,436 photos, 32,236 members
- Street Photography Magazine 426,303 photos, 15,827 members
- Street Photographers Around the World 58,974 photos, 1,327 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,101 photos, 77,032 members
- Fuji X100 & X100s night pictures 7,548 photos, 1,025 members
- Fuji X100s Enthusiasts 50,511 photos, 1,666 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 60,441 photos, 2,337 members
- Fujifilm X Square 4,961 photos, 323 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 149,217 photos, 5,301 members
- Fuji x100s 138,743 photos, 7,432 members
- Fuji X100 - Street Photography 12,558 photos, 490 members
- Fuji X Black and White 101,847 photos, 2,820 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 123,496 photos, 2,672 members
- street content 7,024 photos, 329 members
- The Portrait Group 2,943,460 photos, 161,053 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 147,419 photos, 10,813 members
- Poverty & Children: International 22,151 photos, 2,637 members
- the human condition 128,361 photos, 3,880 members
- The Defining Touch 16,059 photos, 958 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 901,006 photos, 31,495 members
- worldwide street photography 83,881 photos, 2,483 members
- Street portrait 52,055 photos, 2,705 members
- Street Life 532,605 photos, 11,840 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 265,044 photos, 8,869 members
- Street Photography International 263,741 photos, 8,406 members
- Street Shots with Feeling 72,917 photos, 1,783 members
- Street Photos ONLY 113,287 photos, 6,868 members
- Street radical 93,821 photos, 4,044 members
- Streets of mine 163,471 photos, 6,020 members
- Street Photography — UK 89,253 photos, 5,143 members
- Svenska Svart-Vita Fotografer 23,488 photos, 471 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 10,377 photos, 634 members
"Peter...you are by far one of THE BEST photographers out there. Your work is truly amazing!!"
May 10th, 2013
stephen cosh says:
"Peter Levi, apart from being a really nice guy I met on Flickr, is a true street photographer. His work is instinctive, yet considered and very polished. He is a source of daily inspiration for hundreds of street togs and he's a real asset to this community."
December 21st, 2012
Sigi K ॐ says:
"Peter, your work is incredibly good. This is an obvious understatement, but "how ?", i ask " do i do justice to this mans talent"...
Your black and white images are worth striving for and your eye for detail and composition make it clear that photography is a perfect marriage for you.
You see the possibility in a mundane scene that most of us would walk by every day and not care to notice. You truly glorify the 'slice of life' that makes living a wonderful journey.
I wish you more than luck - you are very talented and your work deserves recognition - but what is by far your most fabulous trait is your humbleness.
Despite your obvious popularity and good image stream you are polite, kind, fair and a loyal flickr contact.
With so many contacts or flickr personalities absorbed in their own self importance that they can only 'take' but not 'give' this makes you truly special.
All the best Peter - you certainly deserve it.."
March 21st, 2012
"Impressed me about your work because you have a perfect control over the high lights and strong contrasts. His work is clean and completely clear. And I'm not even talking about his compositions, which I consider one of the best I have ever seen.
Your photos are a real lesson for me. I just hope to be smart enough to learn."
December 13th, 2011
"Each photo is not just a picture but it is a emotion. The technique is always perfect and the attention to detail and exceptional. A photographer to follow. Peter is my favorite photographer"
November 7th, 2011
- Peter Levi
- January 2011
- Stockholm, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken