I am not my work.
I am a photographer, writer, a loving husband and father.
I read a quote at someones profile that just stuck in my head, because it describes so well how I feel concerning bw. It goes something like this and if I got it wrong I appologize.
"When you photograph people in color you can see the color of their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you can see their souls! "
AND this one..
"I suggest though, that if we strive for perfect, digitally processed images and prints, the further away we might get from our own fallibility and accident prone humanity."- Michael Kenna.
Be happy with what you got, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Life is a journey, not a destination..
If you are interested in buying images of mine you can go here:
Some of my Images are licenced through Getty Images,
you´ll find them here: Getty Images
"Amateurs talk about equipment,
Professionals about money
and photographers about the LIGHT!"
- Swedish Street Photography 2,455 photos, 667 members
- The Essence of Street Photography (TESP) 1,174 photos, 2,184 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,735 photos, 18,124 members
- Street Photography Beginners 206,516 photos, 12,616 members
- GIRLS GIRLS GIRLZ 2,001 photos, 393 members
- Street Photography 2,957 photos, 40,731 members
- Phenomenology 16,391 photos, 2,919 members
- Long Exposures Rule The World 4,733 photos, 1,406 members
- APF Magazine Street Photography Group 323 photos, 2,144 members
- Visual Storytelling 13,431 photos, 770 members
- Life in Black & White 889,747 photos, 28,669 members
- Street Photography Magazine 236,741 photos, 9,683 members
- Street Photographers Around the World 24,126 photos, 683 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,932 photos, 70,837 members
- Fuji X100 & X100s night pictures 6,079 photos, 907 members
- Fuji X100s Enthusiasts 40,842 photos, 1,508 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 42,913 photos, 1,870 members
- Fujifilm X Square 4,156 photos, 286 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 93,517 photos, 3,793 members
- Fuji x100s 120,282 photos, 7,236 members
- Fuji X100 - Street Photography 10,946 photos, 459 members
- Fuji X Black and White 69,609 photos, 2,198 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 103,262 photos, 2,620 members
- streetseeing 5,177 photos, 177 members
- The Portrait Group 2,752,348 photos, 154,196 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 137,110 photos, 10,541 members
- Poverty & Children: International 21,446 photos, 2,607 members
- the human condition 108,234 photos, 3,674 members
- The Defining Touch 13,559 photos, 878 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 795,702 photos, 30,123 members
- worldwide street photography 40,968 photos, 1,618 members
- Street portrait 41,516 photos, 2,401 members
- Street Life 437,896 photos, 10,696 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 193,679 photos, 7,456 members
- Street Photography International 180,231 photos, 6,545 members
- Street Shots with Feeling 47,146 photos, 1,344 members
- Street Photos ONLY 69,405 photos, 4,652 members
- Street radical 62,619 photos, 3,148 members
- Streets of mine 117,150 photos, 5,067 members
- Street Photography — UK 78,993 photos, 4,128 members
- Svenska Svart-Vita Fotografer 21,137 photos, 426 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 8,958 photos, 584 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 37,725 photos, 1,277 members
- Cloudporn 248,095 photos, 36,950 members
- The Decisive Moment 10,748 photos, 722 members
- Little People 246,068 photos, 15,626 members
- Lonely Planet 821,296 photos, 21,447 members
- Candid Camera (Person NOT Posing) 237,175 photos, 8,042 members
- Wild-Child (Kids in Action) 25,641 photos, 4,813 members
- People of the World 620,556 photos, 19,300 members
"Peter...you are by far one of THE BEST photographers out there. Your work is truly amazing!!"
May 10th, 2013
stephen cosh says:
"Peter Levi, apart from being a really nice guy I met on Flickr, is a true street photographer. His work is instinctive, yet considered and very polished. He is a source of daily inspiration for hundreds of street togs and he's a real asset to this community."
December 21st, 2012
Sigi K ॐ says:
"Peter, your work is incredibly good. This is an obvious understatement, but "how ?", i ask " do i do justice to this mans talent"...
Your black and white images are worth striving for and your eye for detail and composition make it clear that photography is a perfect marriage for you.
You see the possibility in a mundane scene that most of us would walk by every day and not care to notice. You truly glorify the 'slice of life' that makes living a wonderful journey.
I wish you more than luck - you are very talented and your work deserves recognition - but what is by far your most fabulous trait is your humbleness.
Despite your obvious popularity and good image stream you are polite, kind, fair and a loyal flickr contact.
With so many contacts or flickr personalities absorbed in their own self importance that they can only 'take' but not 'give' this makes you truly special.
All the best Peter - you certainly deserve it.."
March 21st, 2012
"Impressed me about your work because you have a perfect control over the high lights and strong contrasts. His work is clean and completely clear. And I'm not even talking about his compositions, which I consider one of the best I have ever seen.
Your photos are a real lesson for me. I just hope to be smart enough to learn."
December 13th, 2011
"Each photo is not just a picture but it is a emotion. The technique is always perfect and the attention to detail and exceptional. A photographer to follow. Peter is my favorite photographer"
November 7th, 2011
- Peter Levi
- January 2011
- Stockholm, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken