I am not my work.
I am a photographer, writer, a loving husband and father.
I read a quote at someones profile that just stuck in my head, because it describes so well how I feel concerning bw. It goes something like this and if I got it wrong I appologize.
"When you photograph people in color you can see the color of their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you can see their souls! "
AND this one..
"I suggest though, that if we strive for perfect, digitally processed images and prints, the further away we might get from our own fallibility and accident prone humanity."- Michael Kenna.
Be happy with what you got, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Life is a journey, not a destination..
If you are interested in buying images of mine you can go here:
Some of my Images are licenced through Getty Images,
you´ll find them here: Getty Images
"Amateurs talk about equipment,
Professionals about money
and photographers about the LIGHT!"
- Swedish Street Photography 2,468 photos, 674 members
- The Essence of Street Photography (TESP) 1,171 photos, 2,321 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,749 photos, 18,311 members
- Street Photography Beginners 230,975 photos, 13,555 members
- GIRLS GIRLS GIRLZ 2,658 photos, 537 members
- Street Photography 3,017 photos, 41,663 members
- Phenomenology 16,651 photos, 3,032 members
- Long Exposures Rule The World 5,618 photos, 1,698 members
- APF Magazine Street Photography Group 365 photos, 2,370 members
- Visual Storytelling 15,527 photos, 807 members
- Life in Black & White 924,217 photos, 29,422 members
- Street Photography Magazine 275,841 photos, 10,935 members
- Street Photographers Around the World 29,356 photos, 792 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,941 photos, 72,417 members
- Fuji X100 & X100s night pictures 6,507 photos, 947 members
- Fuji X100s Enthusiasts 43,168 photos, 1,555 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 46,400 photos, 2,005 members
- Fujifilm X Square 4,311 photos, 308 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 104,648 photos, 4,117 members
- Fuji x100s 124,656 photos, 7,317 members
- Fuji X100 - Street Photography 11,296 photos, 464 members
- Fuji X Black and White 75,146 photos, 2,311 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 106,441 photos, 2,638 members
- streetseeing 5,860 photos, 237 members
- The Portrait Group 2,806,467 photos, 155,952 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 138,323 photos, 10,601 members
- Poverty & Children: International 21,662 photos, 2,611 members
- the human condition 111,887 photos, 3,711 members
- The Defining Touch 14,007 photos, 913 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 816,229 photos, 30,450 members
- worldwide street photography 49,558 photos, 1,827 members
- Street portrait 43,619 photos, 2,466 members
- Street Life 454,904 photos, 10,943 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 208,297 photos, 7,812 members
- Street Photography International 196,570 photos, 6,962 members
- Street Shots with Feeling 51,510 photos, 1,423 members
- Street Photos ONLY 77,763 photos, 5,099 members
- Street radical 68,360 photos, 3,333 members
- Streets of mine 126,454 photos, 5,281 members
- Street Photography — UK 81,036 photos, 4,365 members
- Svenska Svart-Vita Fotografer 21,277 photos, 429 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 9,202 photos, 593 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 40,157 photos, 1,358 members
- Cloudporn 257,187 photos, 38,421 members
- The Decisive Moment 11,333 photos, 729 members
- Little People 248,346 photos, 15,723 members
- Lonely Planet 859,247 photos, 22,074 members
- Candid Camera (Person NOT Posing) 246,582 photos, 8,195 members
- Wild-Child (Kids in Action) 26,073 photos, 4,839 members
- People of the World 646,201 photos, 19,876 members
"Peter...you are by far one of THE BEST photographers out there. Your work is truly amazing!!"
May 10th, 2013
stephen cosh says:
"Peter Levi, apart from being a really nice guy I met on Flickr, is a true street photographer. His work is instinctive, yet considered and very polished. He is a source of daily inspiration for hundreds of street togs and he's a real asset to this community."
December 21st, 2012
Sigi K ॐ says:
"Peter, your work is incredibly good. This is an obvious understatement, but "how ?", i ask " do i do justice to this mans talent"...
Your black and white images are worth striving for and your eye for detail and composition make it clear that photography is a perfect marriage for you.
You see the possibility in a mundane scene that most of us would walk by every day and not care to notice. You truly glorify the 'slice of life' that makes living a wonderful journey.
I wish you more than luck - you are very talented and your work deserves recognition - but what is by far your most fabulous trait is your humbleness.
Despite your obvious popularity and good image stream you are polite, kind, fair and a loyal flickr contact.
With so many contacts or flickr personalities absorbed in their own self importance that they can only 'take' but not 'give' this makes you truly special.
All the best Peter - you certainly deserve it.."
March 21st, 2012
"Impressed me about your work because you have a perfect control over the high lights and strong contrasts. His work is clean and completely clear. And I'm not even talking about his compositions, which I consider one of the best I have ever seen.
Your photos are a real lesson for me. I just hope to be smart enough to learn."
December 13th, 2011
"Each photo is not just a picture but it is a emotion. The technique is always perfect and the attention to detail and exceptional. A photographer to follow. Peter is my favorite photographer"
November 7th, 2011
- Peter Levi
- January 2011
- Stockholm, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken