I love to walk around, exploring with my camera. When I first got started, I used to haunt the neighbourhood gardens where I lived in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Since moving to the Sunshine Coast in 2001 I've expanded my horizons to include the local wildlife; I've also become something of a birder. We have some fantastic hiking spots nearby with plenty to see (elk, bears, coyotes and more recently a wolf and bobcat sighting, both on the same day!) as well as great landscapes because we're surrounded by mountains and the ocean. There's no shortage of inspiration. One of my goals is that my photographs make you feel an emotion or a mood, or tell a little story.
As of 2009, I earn my living from my photography. Please note: all photographs are copyrighted by Peggy Collins and all rights are reserved. I do not allow usage without written authorization from me personally. Please email me if you'd like to use one of my images.
If you're interested in licensing a particular image, please send me an email.
These days I'm also creating digital art pieces using vintage ephemera. Sometimes I combine vintage elements with more modern effects.
Please visit my website, Peggy Collins Photo Art to browse a selection of prints and home decor. I also sell my jewelry on Etsy at Coconut Joy Jewelry and on Amazon at One Sky Creations.
Photos of Peggy Collins (8)
- Textures Only (Creative Commons Textures Only) 13,444 photos, 4,058 members
- COAST. 100,305 photos, 2,431 members
- Chipmunks And Squirrels 5,865 photos, 743 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 406,168 photos, 9,929 members
- this is Canada-Photo Competition 3,827 photos, 835 members
- Fabulous Fractalius 15,086 photos, 1,499 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,632 photos, 5,027 members
- Canon 7D Strobist User Group 10,026 photos, 983 members
- Strobist.com 609,024 photos, 123,585 members
- Bird Perfect (Moderated) 33,828 photos, 2,715 members
- The Test Kitchen 2,083 photos, 345 members
- Digital Abstract 74,476 photos, 3,092 members
- Digital Art 314,814 photos, 12,273 members
- Rescued Pets 36,680 photos, 2,642 members
- Landscape Exhibition 35,462 photos, 18,325 members
- Finest Gold - Admin Invite - 50+ favs 3,452 photos, 464 members
- For Garnite! 601 photos, 135 members
- Gulls and Pigeons.P1/C1. 22,224 photos, 4,819 members
- Distressed Textures 16,747 photos, 1,007 members
- Distressed in Second Life 108 photos, 100 members
- Focus on Beauty (Admin-Invite) 24,191 photos, 1,771 members
- Light Junkies 110,616 photos, 18,542 members
- Winged Water Wonders (Post 1 - Comment 1) 86,321 photos, 3,856 members
- Free Flickr Flowers ~FFF~ 171,188 photos, 8,390 members
- ***[Art with passion] P1-C2 respect the Group Guidelines! 81,658 photos, 2,945 members
- I Love that Dirty Water 126 photos, 35 members
- WAY Better Than Good 24,264 photos, 326 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,301 members
- Canon Close-up Lens 500D (the lens. not the camera) 642 photos, 117 members
- Burdr 99,604 photos, 1,021 members
- All Animals (CONTEST: PLEASE VOTE NOW) 51,811 photos, 2,676 members
- Pure Wildlife 239 photos, 23 members
- For the love of ducks & geese 49,613 photos, 5,662 members
- MagicART of TEXTURES 36,734 photos, 1,818 members
- ₪ HDR ● ƮℰӼԎƱⱤℇ₰ ● PᴴᴼᵀᴼSᴴᴼᴾ ₪ 124,870 photos, 6,609 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 5,746 photos, 1,386 members
- Man Ray 14,582 photos, 4,308 members
- totally textures 113,512 photos, 9,531 members
- Habitação Nativa - Native Dwelling 2,236 photos, 409 members
- Finest Nature - Admin Invite - Post 1 Award 2 16,975 photos, 1,693 members
- Polaroid SX-70 Manipulation 2,610 photos, 675 members
- Polaroid Transfers 4,844 photos, 1,964 members
- Blink again level 2 best of blink - INVITE ONLY Please award two 25,862 photos, 5,695 members
- Photographers' Rights. 223 photos, 3,646 members
- The Coyote (canis latrans) - Post one, comment on one 1,329 photos, 333 members
- Natyrë / Nature 3,010 photos, 122 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 23,542 photos, 6,893 members
- Topaz Software 165,458 photos, 6,486 members
- A "Quality Only" Club 14,054 photos, 2,112 members
- Karma Kraft 1,494 photos, 275 members
Birdman of El Paso says:
"I totally enjoy surfing Peggy's photostream on a regular basis.
Her photostream is filled with expertly crafted and beautiful pictures along with commentary.
Peggy's photostream is filled with superb wildlife photography that is as good as or better than any on Flickr.
Peggy is a super FlickR friend frequently giving fine comments to my photos and encouragement to my photographic endeavors.
Thanks for being such a great flickr friend, Peggy!"
December 21st, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"...I have been meaning to leave a testimonial here for a long while...considered lots of long sentences with decadent words to describe this woman that shines...
...But I'll keep it simple, I think this suits her best:
She's the Real Deal! Truly..."
October 28th, 2008
"Your nature photos are one of the best on Flickr! Keep posting more! Bravo!"
June 29th, 2008
"When I found myself marking favorites in your photo stream over and over, I realized that everything you shot I wanted to look at and save. You have a wonderful ability to capture the essence in every shot. Truly one of the most talented! Thank you for your work."
February 7th, 2008
I just found her here.
I cannot use the word to discribe how good she is.
Absolutely No Word!!
You are a Imaging Artist & Artist in multi-discipline.
Thank you for your encouragments & inspirations.
I apreciate it!!
You are great!!"
May 28th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"I have had the distinct privilege to get to know Peggy through her masterful photography and through her kind visits to my photostream. One visit to her sets will show you how talented this remarkable lady is behind the lens, but it won't show you all there is to know about her as a person. That true knowledge will come only when this wonderful woman stops by and leaves one of her encouraging and uplifting comments on one of your photos.
Then you'll feel like the sun has broken through the clouds and is lighting up your face with golden rays. I have experienced this and am grateful for her presence here at Flickr - it truly is a better place because of her.
I'm proud to call Peggy my friend....."
May 20th, 2007
- September 2006
- Sunshine Coast, British Columbia, Canada
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Nature Photographer/Digital Artist
- Peggy Collins Photo Art
- pcollinz [at] hotmail.com