"One of the strongest motives that lead men to art and science is escape from everyday life with its painful crudity and hopeless dreariness, from the fetters of one’s own ever-shifting desires.”
"When people look at my pictures I want them to feel the way they do when they want to read a line of a poem twice.” - - Robert Frank
"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds."
- R. D. Laing
"Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see"
"One eye sees, the other feels"
- Paul Klee
Social Links and Buy my art :)
I'm have three Tumblr blogs: Street Photography
Art and Experimental Photography and Landscape Photography please follow me.
You can like my
Facebook Photography page Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter @photographipaul
You can buy a few canvases and frames prints and other goodies on my Society6 site. I need to do more on this...stay with me....
I also have a few images over at 500px and Redbubble and you can also buy stuff at these sites.
Find my artworks on Saatchi Online
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for commissions, project collaborations and other photography work.
I had a nice article in Never Lazy Magazine - you can read it here:
I also have featured as Artist of The Day over on the influential Artchipel Blog:
and got the official #Artists on Tumblr. Woooooo!
Also I've had some images selected by "Like a Field Mouse" and had the #art or #artists on tumblr added and by mrdroplet on his photography blog. Both very cool Tumblr blogs so I'm happy to be featured. Og also on the Unknown Editors blog too.
Oh also got on the very popular Colossal blog - on the Flickr Finds page Pensees
I had two of my images featured over on the wonderful Saccades Project (as Image of Day).
Renegade Visions Blog recently did a feature on me
PH Magazine recently published 7 of my medium format images and 2, 35mm images in their 2nd Anniversary edition. Check the magazine out here.
Disparo Magazine also recently published three of my works in their Rosa Issue.
JPG Magazine also published an article online and in print in Issue 26 on my iPhoneography..
and an earlier image that was published in Issue 23.
I got a nice reviewof my street photography on the Guardian Camera Club Page
And earlier had an image in the "In Pictures" section of the Guardian on the subject of Voyeurism:
also recently got a cool review of my experimental set in The Guardian "photographing a journey"
There's also one of my pictures in Dundee Airport to advertise the University!
Thanks for reading!
- Purpose of art 12,796 photos, 303 members
- analog magazine 891 photos, 3,887 members
- in explore 1,038,286 photos, 84,706 members
- Literary Shots 2,991 photos, 101 members
- Out in the street 7,879 photos, 506 members
- Onirism 1,465 photos, 612 members
- Euphorìa Magazine 4,875 photos, 1,060 members
- ...BLACK AND WHITE... 42,350 photos, 840 members
- Little Select Gallery of Eclectic Visual Poetry 22,245 photos, 1,847 members
- Variant 2,059 photos, 3,102 members
- WABI-SABI WAY 554 photos, 40 members
- The Touching Moment 214 photos, 895 members
- PARTYNICE.COM submissions 19,119 photos, 1,531 members
- Global Street Photography 33,780 photos, 1,774 members
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 51,811 photos, 1,180 members
- Project Weather 627,606 photos, 93,249 members
- Ten Truthful Things 976 photos, 1,044 members
- Nature HQ 5,485 photos, 26,297 members
- SPNC - Year 4 - # 01 59 photos, 135 members
- Internal Jogging 7,005 photos, 263 members
- Noir de chez Noir 461 photos, 71 members
- Smoking Streets 1,977 photos, 357 members
- Zywkła Maps / Anteroom 13,834 photos, 2,749 members
- Alternate Realities: Surreal & Mystical Images 33,057 photos, 3,166 members
- I see people, i see stories to tell 1,871 photos, 1,537 members
- event horizon ≡ l'orizzonte degli eventi 695 photos, 84 members
- Forefront Art 20,570 photos, 564 members
- inspiring mountains. 17,134 photos, 1,180 members
- People of Europe Project 19,421 photos, 289 members
- Studying Reality 3,230 photos, 148 members
- [pq] Pics Quarantine 1,596 photos, 196 members
- FOREST ART PROJECT (NO PEOPLE & THINGS MADE BY HUMANS/NO FRAMES) 11,051 photos, 616 members
- Young street life 827 photos, 322 members
- My_Way♫♫♫... 38,776 photos, 1,955 members
- we c△rry film in our pockets 19,079 photos, 1,148 members
- All Collages 166,976 photos, 9,242 members
- dada is everywhere 11,977 photos, 247 members
- Collage Crazy 115,489 photos, 6,863 members
- Magritte 2,341 photos, 588 members
- RETRO-COLLAGE 17,426 photos, 821 members
- Surreal, Noir, Dada IN COLOR 10,043 photos, 328 members
- Notpaper (a group about collage) 38,481 photos, 1,649 members
- iPhonic Portraits and Nudes 7,478 photos, 251 members
- stranger's road 1,136 photos, 368 members
- Analogue Sunrise 188,444 photos, 3,720 members
- Red Light Collective 40 photos, 183 members
- On Reading (homage to André Kertész) 1,869 photos, 151 members
- Street Smart Photography (SMART / MOBILE / CELL PHONES ONLY) 2,569 photos, 115 members
- Sensitive-to-Light 1,191 photos, 269 members
- Photographic Errors 5,678 photos, 703 members
eager mist says:
"your photostram is beautiful, delicate and wonderful.
I totally like his stream! :)"
September 23rd, 2011
- January 2006
- I am:
- Photographer, writer, artist, scientist, communicator, dreamer
- Paul Andrews Photography