Wedding, Portrait and Fine Art Photographer
Create Your Badge
- Wonders of Childhood 2,548 photos, 173 members
- Shamelessly Shirtless 13,124 photos, 2,649 members
- male & detail 3,814 photos, 1,621 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,017,226 photos, 42,732 members
- as beautiful as you want 615,371 photos, 10,679 members
- People and Persons 430,200 photos, 15,370 members
- Men...every one different. 59,685 photos, 5,485 members
- People in Black & White 489,550 photos, 26,691 members
- Handsome men 14,851 photos, 1,840 members
- iPhone 3G & 3GS & 4 & 4S PHOTOS 100,599 photos, 6,567 members
- People & Portrait Photography 79,460 photos, 3,137 members
- A Portrait Group 442,460 photos, 10,342 members
- Long Exposure 584,337 photos, 54,046 members
- Black and White 5,858,178 photos, 283,354 members
- "Women Portraits" 173,098 photos, 6,921 members
- Faces of Portraits 105,137 photos, 5,834 members
- beautiful portrait 51,853 photos, 2,356 members
- Portraits (Individuality, Imagination, Originality) 82,339 photos, 22,871 members
- Conceptual photography 287,499 photos, 16,409 members
- Pictures of Men 6,447 photos, 315 members
- Weddings With Style 12,506 photos, 1,329 members
- Gay Male Photographers 65,043 photos, 3,490 members
- FLICKRGAYS 53,721 photos, 3,295 members
- Babies Without Borders 18,849 photos, 1,557 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 63,662 photos, 4,709 members
- Powerful Portraits 102,189 photos, 4,503 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 627,674 photos, 17,019 members
- Child Photography 287,625 photos, 21,936 members
- Portrait Portrait Portrait (Read THE RULE).....yes because there 72,967 photos, 5,412 members
- Dog Portraits 31,809 photos, 6,324 members
- They Shoot Film, Don't They? 254,590 photos, 5,788 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,568,897 photos, 35,858 members
- Artistic Child Photography 153,033 photos, 10,152 members
- Black and White Portraits 23,117 photos, 2,304 members
- Natural Light Portraiture 133,800 photos, 6,892 members
- Portraits That Tell a Story (READ RULES BEFORE POSTING!) 132,418 photos, 9,596 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 359,539 photos, 35,108 members
- Beard, Goatee & Stubble appreciation group 17,204 photos, 2,601 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 191,275 photos, 11,423 members
- Black & white portraits 315,036 photos, 29,371 members
- PORTRAITS - A Gallery for your Best Portraiture 510,904 photos, 22,642 members
- Dogs, Dogs, and More Dogs... 21,393 photos, 705 members
- Black and White CHILDREN's Portraiture 20,952 photos, 2,592 members
- Creative Child Photography 214,473 photos, 20,373 members
- Portrait★Faces 78,681 photos, 44,653 members
- Interesting Portraits ☺ [people] 480,518 photos, 22,410 members
- Medium Format (film only) 698,767 photos, 27,838 members
- I Shoot Film 2,169,293 photos, 88,531 members
- Portraits - 150,620 photos, 6,395 members
- kids at play! 31,027 photos, 2,877 members
karolina michalowska says:
"this guy knows how to mess with colors. i love his cyan tendencies and that he does his photos like for a book cover. he also knows how to exploit the soul from his models. outstanding job, keep doing it!"
27th April, 2010
S Pipczynski says:
"Paul's work is nothing short of magical. His use of light, depth of field and movement engages you. You want to spend time enjoying every detail of every photo. I have never know such a talented film photographer whose work is straight out of the camera, no enhancements. It is a pleasure to know Paul and to have some wonderful memories of my own captured by him. Thank you Paul."
23rd January, 2010
Men as Art says:
"Paul Specht draws his subjects through from another dimension making their reality other worldly. It's an amazing fete!"
26th August, 2009
Vic Acid says:
"In the world of flickr, it's not uncommon to follow a photographer you think is initially interesting before gradually drifting away from that person's work as time and interests change. As such, there is definitely something poignant when one finds a photographer who continues to interest, intrigue, and inspire viewers and fellow photographers so that they return again and again to his new and old work alike. Paul is just such a photographer. His portraits provide an intimate view into his subjects' lives and personalities, even when they may be surrounded by other people. You feel like you are there, talking with them, listening to them, getting to know them. His subtle use of cross-processed film breathes life into still image, recreating the balance of natural and artificial light we habitually experience every moment of every day. His sense of the moment is of THE Moment -- that beloved vulnerable, intimate, exposed, over the shoulder split second forever held in your memory. His work is something that I personally look forward to seeing, experiencing, learning from, and being inspired by each visit I make to flickr. Thank you, Paul, for sharing your talent and work with us here!"
9th February, 2009
Carlo Ch says:
"There are so many interesting technical sides in Paul's photography: cross processing, the use of selective focus and blur, the careful composition of subject and background, that unique zeiss-hasselblad look. Paul's one of the few instances where technical excellence is coupled to an eye that is warm and compassionate, that understands what time and memory are all about. The subjects shine in his photographs. These are pictures to go back to after years and decades, in wonder and amazement and homesickness."
19th May, 2009
Tim Hurley Realtor says:
"WOW! I'm totally flattered and humbled to get an add request from YOU! Your work is really delicious and I can't love it enuff!!"
19th July, 2009
"there are only a few photographers that i am saying about: "i want to be able to take pictures like him/her!" you are definitely one of them. your portraits are amazing and really what portraiture shall be all about. i love your work, it inspires me."
21st December, 2008
"Buen gusto, elegancia, calidad, sentimiento............Esto y mucho más es lo que me viene a la mente al ver el trabajo de este gran ARTISTA. Un gran placer entrar a ver sus fotos. Sus retratos tienen algo especial, llevan el sello inconfundible de Paul.
Gracias por tu trabajo, amigo"
31st July, 2008
""So very talented. His portraits are breath-taking. If he is not already a professional photographer, he certainly should be.""
25th February, 2007
"He just added me, but already I have a shocking amount of respect for his work. In a field as rife with crap and cheese as wedding photography, his work stands out as truly artistic and insightful. I can't wait to check out more of his work."
18th March, 2006
"Photography is the mechanical reproduction of the physical manifestation of light. It is the triumph of technology over art. Or at least, sometimes.
Specht's images have nothing to do with digital electronics. They turn their back on mindless reproduction and the cogs and whirrs of the machine age. They are neither slick nor polished. They suffer from fragility, introspection and every self-doubt of the human condition. They have depth, they are real.
Every time the man brings the shutter down is another moment of truth. Its not alone an image in the view finder its also a self-portrait and a testing place.
Take his picture of Dean, for instance. The subject of a swimming man, reflections and a wood is well known. Others have passed here.
But look closer. Yes, the basics are here - perfect depth of field, lyrcial background - syrupy ripples and, of course, handsome man.
Engage further. Dean's eyes are shut. His hair and smeg perfectly groomed and is that an earring? Why is this man with a sleek carapace apparently swimming so close, and unaware of, the photographer? Why the vulnerability?
What is the relationship between Dean and Paul? Something real is here. There is truth, just as sure as there is a star under Dean's chin.
Is this a portrait of the photographer as lover? as friend? as voyeur? Are we the voyeurs? This is truth and this is, most assuredly, beauty.
If everyone of us could pick up a camera, and produce such art, the world would be a happier place."
4th February, 2006
- December 2005
- Hadley, MA, United States
- I am: