I'm a photographer. It's what I do for a living.
I've sold the licence to use some of these photos to commercial organisations. I've made other arrangements with not-for-profits and the public sector. I've allowed some to be used free of charge.
If you want to buy or use any of my pictures, email me at email@example.com (or contact me at @paul_clarke on twitter) and we'll work something out.
My photography gallery site is at paulclarke.com
- ODI Summit 2014 1 photo, 3 members
- GCERC 1,972 photos, 6 members
- Phodentity 1 photo, 3 members
- The London Olympics 2012 25,553 photos, 1,853 members
- TEDx 126,001 photos, 2,023 members
- Big Data Week 579 photos, 11 members
- ORGCon2012 49 photos, 10 members
- Open Rights Group 100 photos, 15 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 25,126 photos, 2,315 members
- Over The Air - 36 Hours of Mobile Development 2,807 photos, 72 members
- Local Government Does Brilliant Things 1,168 photos, 81 members
- London buildings 130,599 photos, 6,520 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 402,657 photos, 103,830 members
- Digital Surrey 78 photos, 6 members
- Instruction #27 212 photos, 323 members
- Hoppe street portraits competition 1,844 photos, 428 members
- Ignite London 243 photos, 11 members
- Crossbones Graveyard 365 photos, 76 members
- Favorites: 50 53,561 photos, 8,150 members
- The North Downs 648 photos, 144 members
- Views: 5000 83,777 photos, 8,579 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,809 photos, 21,561 members
- 'Views: 3000 - 4000 35,851 photos, 1,954 members
- London Photo Walk 5,520 photos, 196 members
- Red Rule 662,837 photos, 57,904 members
- Cut and Paste Cities 652 photos, 106 members
- Pugs 37,667 photos, 3,936 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L (IS) USM 99,735 photos, 7,617 members
- FindBritain 220 photos, 25 members
- Photojournalism 221,200 photos, 8,231 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 430,468 photos, 29,827 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,166,358 photos, 128,823 members
- 2500 Views 24,850 photos, 1,121 members
- 'Views: 2500 - 3000 25,900 photos, 1,989 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 85,220 photos, 2,035 members
- 500x500 310,116 photos, 7,551 members
- The Light Painters Society 577,602 photos, 17,222 members
- Skylinephoto 12,358 photos, 581 members
- the kids are all right... 52,001 photos, 3,757 members
- Viaduc de Millau 1,192 photos, 348 members
- Bridges of the World 95,065 photos, 8,703 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 201,960 photos, 18,229 members
- ♥ ♥ ♥ Cats ♥ ♥ ♥ 4,366 photos, 227 members
- Urban Skylines 144,602 photos, 8,418 members
- Flickr Addicts 9,359,088 photos, 134,432 members
- England 498,870 photos, 10,336 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 1,033,204 photos, 27,913 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,856,550 photos, 189,588 members
- ♥ Love your dog! ♥ 7,045 photos, 236 members
- This Is England 366,379 photos, 3,728 members
Janet E Davis says:
"Paul Clarke is not so much "a photographer" as an artist who uses the medium of photography. He regards the world with a passionate and curious eye, especially (although not exclusively when viewing people through his lens.
If I were to commission a portrait of myself, I would want to commission Paul because I know I would find the resulting photograph/s really interesting. I would trust him absolutely to make the portrait a collaborative process (as all great portraits should be).
His portraits possess truth and beauty.
I enjoy Paul's photographs of people at events. He finds unusual angles, spots unusual details, or captures a fleeting and expressive gesture which results in some of the most outstanding conference and formal speech photographs I have seen.
Technically, I admire greatly his ability to obtain clearly-focused images without flash in low lighting conditions, and the wonderfully rich and natural colours in those conditions.
His photographs of people reveal an intelligent mind exploring humanity. One can sense his delight at the crisp texture of one person's curly hair or the precise curve of a specific cheek. His photographs of people are fascinating.
His landscapes and cityscapes often have a brooding intensity. There is a physicality about the weather or lighting that is almost literally tangible. The buildings, or the trees and ground come to vivid life through the lens of Paul's camera.
When I was young, I met a very good professional photographer (now working as an artist, I think). He said to me that it didn't matter what equipment you had, nor how much technical knowledge, because what makes a really great photograph is the artist-photographer's eye, how they look.
It is Paul Clarke's intelligent eye, that notices and records things in a way that others' do not, that I truly appreciate and recommend. If I had enough money, I would commission him. If he had time and inclination, he would be the artist with whom I would most like to work collaboratively on an art project.
Just to give some context to my testimonial - I have a BA (Hons) in the History of Modern Art, Design & Film, an M Phil in art history. The V&A Museum has collected 2 small pieces of my own artwork for its permanent collection. I have been involved professionally with cultural heritage and contemporary visual art for 25 years."
March 29th, 2010
- Paul Clarke
- January 2009
- I am: